Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Football coach at Camden Fairview . I think we will see more heading to the HOGS from Camden

Started by tophawg19, May 17, 2014, 06:57:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

First Thanks to Buck James for a great job . He took the school to a higher level . New coach Mike Cox will continue the growth . Mike has done a good job at Bearden and Hamburg and will here as well . I've known Mike for years . Great coach and even better person . He runs a spread so it should be an easy transition . I think the hogs will get some more CFHS kids soon
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pigture perfect

Wow, that is great. I've known mike and his programs. He's an alum, so I could see him retiring at Fairview. I would also like to thank coach James.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Bryan (CHF)

I saw on Facebook where Mike got the job. I played for Mike in the 8th grade while he was at CF the first time. Glad to see him come home to coach the Cards.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Dr. Starcs

PonderinHog

Dr. Starcs

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dr. Starcs

I used "was" in the sentence which translates to singular in the English language.

C'mon pigture, its just a bad joke. Lol

Break & Run

What's the story on Buck James leaving like he did?  So weird for such a successful coach to leave to become an assistant at a private school.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

tophawg19

not really sure . i hadn't realized he was to be an assistant . i thought he was to be a head coach. interesting to say the least .

Break & Run

"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 17, 2014, 05:53:11 pm
not really sure . i hadn't realized he was to be an assistant . i thought he was to be a head coach. interesting to say the least .

Jut speculation cause I've seen it in other small town Arkansas coach moves, but is it possible he's following his wife?  That brief article shows she starting a biology program of some kind.  Maybe they sought her out to do that and they are creating an open for him on staff with probably equivalent pay, but the real story might be his wife taking a career promotion and receiving some autonomy in her career heading up that biology program. 

Just a reach

But why is this new coach going to send more than the previous to Arkansas?  Asking because I know nothing about either staff.

Break & Run

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 18, 2014, 11:06:06 am
Jut speculation cause I've seen it in other small town Arkansas coach moves, but is it possible he's following his wife?  That brief article shows she starting a biology program of some kind.  Maybe they sought her out to do that and they are creating an open for him on staff with probably equivalent pay, but the real story might be his wife taking a career promotion and receiving some autonomy in her career heading up that biology program. 

Just a reach

But why is this new coach going to send more than the previous to Arkansas?  Asking because I know nothing about either staff.

He was making like $77,000 at Camden-Fairview.  His wife was making $55,000.

Now,  They may have put her at around $80,000 and him around $50,000.

Break & Run

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 18, 2014, 11:06:06 am

Just a reach

I Petrino rubbed James the wrong way and he was still reluctant under Bielema.  Cox, the new coach, is very pro-Arkansas.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Break & Run on May 18, 2014, 11:31:47 am
I Petrino rubbed James the wrong way and he was still reluctant under Bielema. 

That doesn't help James, who has an earned rep as a coach who did less with more.  With Fairview's talent, they should've had at least three or four state titles instead of the single one.  If you're reluctant to help players go to a program because its coach wouldn't kiss your ass, you're doing nothing but hurting those kids.

That said, given the history of talent that's come out of that program, it tends to be boom, mostly bust.  Shawn Andrews and Tom Crowder panned out (Glover product), but the rest never did after James took the job.

tophawg19

i think Mike will do a bit better on the lines . I do know a lot of people felt Buck was bad about choking in big games by being way to cautious and getting away from the game plan he used all year . The gripping might have had something to do with the change . All i can say is he took CFHS to a much higher level. now to see how many assistants remain here

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogsnort

HogShat

Quote from: Break & Run on May 17, 2014, 11:59:55 am
What's the story on Buck James leaving like he did?  So weird for such a successful coach to leave to become an assistant at a private school.

I was told he had enough time in on ATR to retire. He would have to "sit out" a year before he could take another head coach job and "double dip." LRC doesnt pay into ATR, so that is the same as sitting out. Not sure if that is 100% accurate tho. Seemed like when I did the math it was a year or two off. There are some "early out" stipulations that may have factored in. All kinds of creative ways to make retirement plans work in your favor. I retired a year ago at 40 from the fire service with 38 years of credited service.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////