Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Quote from Jackie Sherrill

Started by WilsonHog, May 15, 2014, 06:13:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

May 20, 2014, 08:18:07 pm #50 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:13:24 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hogwild on May 20, 2014, 12:16:23 pm
When asked about going to coach in the NFL Joe Paterno said he couldn't leave college football to the likes of Jackie Sherrills and Barry Swtizers.  Paterno would later apologize to Switzer.

It goes to show you with Joe Pa what goes around comes around..........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 20, 2014, 08:18:07 pm
It goers to show you with Joe Pa what goes around comes around..........................................
It goes to show you that there are worse things than violating NCAA rules.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 21, 2014, 06:54:58 am
It goes to show you that there are worse things than violating NCAA rules.

That was what I should have said. I was referring to the moral high ground he always espoused but didn't practice we have learned. You said it better.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi