Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback foundation appointment earlier today

Started by popcornhog, May 15, 2014, 05:14:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

It went very smoothly! So much better than in the past in terms of trying to upgrade -- you can see exactly what is available.

We ended up in Section 217, row 14, seats 4-7 (7is the aisle seat).

Almost the exact seats we were hoping for -- corner of outdoor club. Would've loved to have been near the front row, but still. I'm pumped that these were still left together.

Good luck to everyone as you continue through the process and remember to log in a few minutes early.
WPS

FBREW000

214 outdoor club 4 tix
212 row 5 4 tix

WMS
Sectoin 5 4 tix
Section 29 4 tix

and 2 50yd line for 2 games at Fayetteville.. split with some friends.  WPS!

popcornhog

Quote from: FBREW000 on May 15, 2014, 06:11:00 pm
214 outdoor club 4 tix
212 row 5 4 tix

WMS
Sectoin 5 4 tix
Section 29 4 tix

and 2 50yd line for 2 games at Fayetteville.. split with some friends.  WPS!

War Memorial was not one of my road game choices this year.
WPS

under_par

you will love 217.  i am surprised that seats were avail in the SEZ 200's.

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: under_par on May 15, 2014, 10:51:17 pm
Not surprised at all. I'd imagine there will be lots of good empty seats with the direction B e r t the "Beef" has us headed.

jkstock04

Quote from: ChargerHog on May 15, 2014, 11:04:45 pm
Not surprised at all. I'd imagine there will be lots of good empty seats with the direction B e r t the "Beef" has us headed.
Talked to someone today that said the foundation called him today...begging him to reconsider and contribute and buy tickets. Told him they would get him better seats...go way down on price, etc.

What a RACKET if you ask me. So much for that May deadline. It's about like buying a car I guess...gotta call their bluff and get a better deal. What's irritating about it is for the folks who did buy in by the deadline...it's not fair to them. They could have held off and got a much better deal apparently.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

3kgthog

That tells me several fans don't think things are headed in the right direction. And we want to expand the NEZ for the wealthy? Please. The worst seats in the house would be empty below the new suites. How silly would we look then?

HogtoberFest

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 16, 2014, 12:46:51 am
Talked to someone today that said the foundation called him today...begging him to reconsider and contribute and buy tickets. Told him they would get him better seats...go way down on price, etc.

What a RACKET if you ask me. So much for that May deadline. It's about like buying a car I guess...gotta call their bluff and get a better deal. What's irritating about it is for the folks who did buy in by the deadline...it's not fair to them. They could have held off and got a much better deal apparently.

Well if you look at what's left on the ticket selection website, his "better seats" will be in the corners or the upper deck.

Dropkick

Hard to believe

HogtoberFest

Quote from: popcornhog on May 15, 2014, 05:14:29 pm
It went very smoothly! So much better than in the past in terms of trying to upgrade -- you can see exactly what is available.

Almost the exact seats we were hoping for -- corner of outdoor club. Would've loved to have been near the front row, but still. I'm pumped that these were still left together.

Good luck to everyone as you continue through the process and remember to log in a few minutes early.

Been in 209 or a few years now.  Wouldn't go anywhere else.  Was able to get 2 additional this year.

GuvHog

But how is this even possible??? There have been people on this board crowing repeatedly about Foundation donations and ticket sales being higher than ever. Looks like they were wrong.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HogtoberFest on May 16, 2014, 07:16:21 am
Well if you look at what's left on the ticket selection website, his "better seats" will be in the corners or the upper deck.

One guy says they were begging him and others take it as fact that the fans are not supporting CBB. "Better seats" can be subjective and I am happy he thinks they are good. However, it sounds like they are just trying to sell the sections that are harder to fill.

But hey let's not allow this to dampen our opportunity to knock our head coach. As I said in another thread, some of our fan base do not deserve a good team.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HamHands

I got in sec 228 row 13, 4 seats together. How is the outdoor club? First season sitting there. I was on the 30 yard line but the crowd there was a snoozer. My wife hated it! What kind of access to food, drink, bathrooms, etc from there?
One day at a time.

jkstock04

Quote from: HogtoberFest on May 16, 2014, 07:16:21 am
Pretty sure he was in 107.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Oklahawg

There is turnover in the fanbase at every school every year. How many schools have a waiting list? Can't be many these days.

Many fans have the opportunity to "upgrade". Some do, some don't. If there are suddenly 4 tickets on the 40 yardline, row 20...how many people would just as soon stay put and then say "no"? How many would the RF assume MIGHT be interested? (Answer: anyone NOT sitting in those seats, or better, or roughly 75% of everyone who buys a ticket).

The current idea is to expand stadiums (across the country) to maximize the dollars people will spend. If you get a $10K donation for a skybox + 4 tickets in the NEZ that trumps 12 tickets underneath them that might go unsold.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on May 16, 2014, 09:30:47 am
But how is this even possible??? There have been people on this board crowing repeatedly about Foundation donations and ticket sales being higher than ever. Looks like they were wrong.

As you love to say, link please on these people crowing.

devils69

Am I correct in assuming you are required to pay the donation up front to be eligible to sit in the section you want to upgrade your seats to prior to scheduling your appointment?  So if you paid an additional donation and then there were no seats available that you wanted to upgrade to, your increased donation is locked in?  I have two pairs of tickets which are separate which I'd like to eventually merge into a group of 4, but I'm pretty sure based on my understanding that situation is considered upgrading, which would cost me quite a bit extra in donation since I was grandfathered in under the old system.

Anybody have a different understanding of how that would work?

FBREW000

Quote from: devils69 on May 16, 2014, 08:43:22 pm
Am I correct in assuming you are required to pay the donation up front to be eligible to sit in the section you want to upgrade your seats to prior to scheduling your appointment?  So if you paid an additional donation and then there were no seats available that you wanted to upgrade to, your increased donation is locked in?  I have two pairs of tickets which are separate which I'd like to eventually merge into a group of 4, but I'm pretty sure based on my understanding that situation is considered upgrading, which would cost me quite a bit extra in donation since I was grandfathered in under the old system.

Anybody have a different understanding of how that would work?
Donation due in June... If you get tix together the site will tell you the necessary donation amount and level.  So, NO!  You do not have to pay first...

popcornhog

Quote from: under_par on May 15, 2014, 10:51:17 pm

There weren't many, but we got four together on the aisle!
WPS

Henry Hogsome

Quote from: popcornhog on May 15, 2014, 06:15:17 pm
War Memorial was not one of my road game choices this year.
You must live in another state because on my away game ticket application form it did not state Lr as a away game. For me it is a home game.  Not trying to start a gsd thread. Stating a fact.

popcornhog

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on May 16, 2014, 10:26:07 pm
You must live in another state because on my away game ticket application form it did not state Lr as a away game. For me it is a home game.  Not trying to start a gsd thread. Stating a fact.

According to my sources it's officially a road game.
WPS

Razorbax

Mine was Friday the 16th (Yesterday)...Ended up keeping the same seats. Was kinda cool being able to see all the views.

Henry Hogsome

Quote from: popcornhog on May 17, 2014, 08:22:00 am
According to my sources it's officially a road game.
Wrong. Last time I check Little Rock was in Arkansas. Popcornhog is so out of of. He lost his mind. Little Rock has always been and always be a home game for our Hogs. I  Don't care what you say or think. It is a HOME GAME.

FBREW000

Quote from: Henry Hogsome on May 17, 2014, 10:11:58 am
Wrong. Last time I check Little Rock was in Arkansas. Popcornhog is so out of of. He lost his mind. Little Rock has always been and always be a home game for our Hogs. I  Don't care what you say or think. It is a HOME GAME.

Man, he is fooling with ya here.  We pay a cupcake some years to play in WMS and they are able to petition for it being considered a Home game for them to keep attendance high enough to remain considered a Div. 1 ncaa etc.

So by that definition, often times it is a Road Game...

GolfnHog

Quote from: HamHands on May 16, 2014, 09:42:04 am
I got in sec 228 row 13, 4 seats together. How is the outdoor club? First season sitting there. I was on the 30 yard line but the crowd there was a snoozer. My wife hated it! What kind of access to food, drink, bathrooms, etc from there?

I've been in the SEZ (224) since they opened it up and I wouldn't trade them. Great location to all the things you were asking for.
to help you before you go, use gate 1 on the SW corner of the stadium and use the stairs. The elevator is slower than actually walking up the 2.5 flights of stairs.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

jhippy

I have been told that there are better food options in the south outdoor club. If so, what is better? Does anyone have any pictures of the inside dining area. Of the south outdoor club?

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: FBREW000 on May 17, 2014, 02:23:23 pm
Man, he is fooling with ya here.  We pay a cupcake some years to play in WMS and they are able to petition for it being considered a Home game for them to keep attendance high enough to remain considered a Div. 1 ncaa etc.

So by that definition, often times it is a Road Game...

please everyone read this.   been this way for a long time.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 16, 2014, 05:55:38 am
That tells me several fans don't think things are headed in the right direction. And we want to expand the NEZ for the wealthy? Please. The worst seats in the house would be empty below the new suites. How silly would we look then?

How silly it looks won't matter. Because luxury boxes will be full and it will bring it a lot of money for the program.

ricepig

Quote from: jhippy on May 20, 2014, 12:34:42 pm
I have been told that there are better food options in the south outdoor club. If so, what is better? Does anyone have any pictures of the inside dining area. Of the south outdoor club?

Best food options are in the East Indoor Club, but once you are on club level, you can go eat anywhere.

scootriteby

Well, there may be a decrease in sales on tickets, but you can't prove it by where I am sitting. There is no opportunity for me to upgrade my seats in my area(Pig Heaven on the west side). Every seat seems to be already taken.

Funny thing is: I have been going to games for several years and there are Pig Heaven seats over toward the middle of the stadium that never seem to have anyone in them. Kinda makes me wonder if Jeff Long's corporation buddies have purchased these seats, thus keeping the "real" Hog fans from enjoying them.

hogsanity

Quote from: scootriteby on May 20, 2014, 01:49:18 pm
Well, there may be a decrease in sales on tickets, but you can't prove it by where I am sitting. There is no opportunity for me to upgrade my seats in my area(Pig Heaven on the west side). Every seat seems to be already taken.

Funny thing is: I have been going to games for several years and there are Pig Heaven seats over toward the middle of the stadium that never seem to have anyone in them. Kinda makes me wonder if Jeff Long's corporation buddies have purchased these seats, thus keeping the "real" Hog fans from enjoying them.

So, what name were you posting under before you got booted and had to come back with this screen name?

This particular post makes no sense, at all.  Why would anyone buy upper deck seats, en mass, just to keep people from sitting in them?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HognotinMemphis

Not uncommon in some industries, such as telephone, cable, satellite radio, et al. The new customers get all the great deals and existing customers get price increases. And only way you get a deal as an existing customer is to either threaten to quit or actually quit then come back as a new customer. I've done this for years with Sirius-XM...never paid more than $8/mo for it.

I am a little surprised that the RF was proactive and reached out to a former ticket buyer and gave them incentive to re-new with pricing and seat improvement. I guess they are finally going to listen to the market for tickets...market usually wins over the long haul. I doubt I will ever buy season tickets again. Never care to go to more than a couple of games per year and can buy great tickets at less than face to any game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

WilsonHog

Had my appointment today, and it went very smooth. I was able to upgrade from the Red Zone to the South Indoor Club. Only a handful of club seats are left.

scootriteby

Quote from: hogsanity on May 20, 2014, 02:00:46 pm
So, what name were you posting under before you got booted and had to come back with this screen name?

This particular post makes no sense, at all.  Why would anyone buy upper deck seats, en mass, just to keep people from sitting in them?
I am going to ignore your first paragraph, because anyone that has any technical savvy at all can find out that this is my original name.
Do you know anything about Pig Heaven seats? They are some of the best seats in the stadium as far as viewing. You don't have to worry about people standing up in front of you and blocking your view and they are chairback seats. And I don't know if corporations actually bought those seats or not, but I do know that I have noticed quite a few empty seats in the last several years. Maybe those fans just didn't want to come out and support the Hogs.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 16, 2014, 05:55:38 am

What it SHOULD tell you is that they are trying to sell tickets and not lose supporters of the program. 

Same situation...only in this one, the fan never gets a call or has anyone making any effort to encourage him to reconsider.  How silly would that be?  How could that POSSIBLY benefit the UA in ANY manner whatsoever? 

Nope...the same guy would come on the board and say, "I gave up my tickets, and I never heard a peep from anyone.  I guess they don't care if they sell tickets at the UA or not.  I guess I wasn't important enough to be acknowledged." 

But to some people on Hogville, it's a reflection of how disgraceful BB and JL are, and there's no other circumstances surrounding the predicament we were in last season.  You do need to realize, that very, very few fans lay all of the blame on the guys that are trying to improve things daily, but rather on the blatant abuse of power by the previous coach.  Throw in Smiley for a season...and you have something more than a few untimely fake punts to blame.   

Let's face it...some people see happiness and make an about face, because they love the feeling of being negative, pessimistic, and grumpy.  ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on May 16, 2014, 09:30:47 am

Yeah, great observation Guv.   ::)  It's why companies have departments specifically devoted to customer retention.  Most successful businesses just sever their relationships with their clients and customers without any follow up, or doing anything to retain them.  It's a great business model.  /sarcasm

It's unreal the lengths some people will go to in order to pin anything on Jeff Long or BB.  Even if it means flying in the face of business 101 by supposedly successful people I guess.  Geez.....    :puke:   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 16, 2014, 12:23:10 pm
Many fans have the opportunity to "upgrade". Some do, some don't. If there are suddenly 4 tickets on the 40 yardline, row 20...how many people would just as soon stay put and then say "no"?

My parents have had tickets for 20 years in the same spot. They are at the very end of Row 46. Been asked many times to move to better seats lower.

My dad has always declined for these reasons:
1) He likes being at the end of the row and not having to climb over people
2) He is right be an exit so he can get out quicker to beat the rush
3) You can see play development better higher up than closer (I've always preferred to sit higher up as well).

scootriteby

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 20, 2014, 03:46:36 pm
My parents have had tickets for 20 years in the same spot. They are at the very end of Row 46. Been asked many times to move to better seats lower.

My dad has always declined for these reasons:
1) He likes being at the end of the row and not having to climb over people
2) He is right be an exit so he can get out quicker to beat the rush
3) You can see play development better higher up than closer (I've always preferred to sit higher up as well).
Exactly one of the reasons I like my Pig Heaven seats. Back when Felix Jones took the opening kickoff for a touchdown, I was up cheering before over half the stadium, because I saw he had a clear shot. The other reason is because I don't have people standing up blocking my view of the players and the field, since there are no seats in front of me.

jhippy

Any opinions on the east outdoor club? Does it have an indoor area like the south outdoor club does?

ricepig

Quote from: jhippy on May 20, 2014, 04:42:48 pm
Any opinions on the east outdoor club? Does it have an indoor area like the south outdoor club does?

Yep, the seats in the back two rows are under the overhang, it's about impossible to see the big screen. There are tv monitors on the roof above your head to watch.  The east indoor has the best food selections, but you can access it from any club level.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hogsanity on May 20, 2014, 02:00:46 pm

Pig Heaven seats are the best seats in RRS in my opinion. I sat in the West upperdeck the better part of 18 years on row 1. I can see how someone would buy a block of them.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2014, 04:53:33 pm
Pig Heaven seats are the best seats in RRS in my opinion. I sat in the West upperdeck the better part of 18 years on row 1. I can see how someone would buy a block of them.

I totally agree.  I like being up high and seeing the plays develop, and when there's no one in front of you, with easy access to the gates to get to concession etc., I always feel like I know something no one else does. 

While I agree that there's something to be said for being close and hearing the action, and seeing the speed of it more closely, I would still rather be in a position to see things unfold and see the entire field.  I guess I'm a rare person who actually likes the "nose bleed" seats.   :) 

popcornhog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 20, 2014, 10:36:49 pm
I totally agree.  I like being up high and seeing the plays develop, and when there's no one in front of you, with easy access to the gates to get to concession etc., I always feel like I know something no one else does. 

While I agree that there's something to be said for being close and hearing the action, and seeing the speed of it more closely, I would still rather be in a position to see things unfold and see the entire field.  I guess I'm a rare person who actually likes the "nose bleed" seats.   :)

I think that there are a lot of good seats in the stadium.

I agree with the preference to be elevated -- you can see things develop much better.

That's why I think outdoor club is the best option in the house. You're elevated enough to be able to see the field well and not being too far from the field. PLUS you can buy beer in the club sections now and the seats are more comfortable.

Pig Heaven is a good and fun place to sit though, no doubt.
WPS

jkstock04

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 20, 2014, 03:28:18 pm
What it SHOULD tell you is that they are trying to sell tickets and not lose supporters of the program. 

Same situation...only in this one, the fan never gets a call or has anyone making any effort to encourage him to reconsider.  How silly would that be?  How could that POSSIBLY benefit the UA in ANY manner whatsoever? 

Nope...the same guy would come on the board and say, "I gave up my tickets, and I never heard a peep from anyone.  I guess they don't care if they sell tickets at the UA or not.  I guess I wasn't important enough to be acknowledged." 

But to some people on Hogville, it's a reflection of how disgraceful BB and JL are, and there's no other circumstances surrounding the predicament we were in last season.  You do need to realize, that very, very few fans lay all of the blame on the guys that are trying to improve things daily, but rather on the blatant abuse of power by the previous coach.  Throw in Smiley for a season...and you have something more than a few untimely fake punts to blame.   

Let's face it...some people see happiness and make an about face, because they love the feeling of being negative, pessimistic, and grumpy.  ::)
I think it's BS and a little chincy how they push the deadline stuff when evidently...at least in the wake of program decline...the deadline is made up to get you to hurry up and buy. Similar to when you are thinking of buying a new car and the salesman pulls the ole "better but it this week may be a month til we get any more of those in."
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

arky37

I got an e-mail yesterday asking us to buy additional seats in the stadium club at War Memorial. Kinda worries me since there are only 481 club seats there period. I actually called and took 4, but when I did they gave me several options. Really hope we have some decent crowds this year, but I won't be surprised if we don't. Opening at Auburn probably won't help.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 21, 2014, 07:26:17 am
I think it's BS and a little chincy how they push the deadline stuff when evidently...at least in the wake of program decline...the deadline is made up to get you to hurry up and buy. Similar to when you are thinking of buying a new car and the salesman pulls the ole "better but it this week may be a month til we get any more of those in."

Or...the deadline is very similar to everything else in life, which is to get most people who put things off until the last minute to actually do something so they have an idea of where they stand and how many tickets they are going to have to sell. 

Also, in the scenario you just painted with the car salesman, that is real world.  You don't buy the car then, and come back in four days and it's gone, then the odds are you will go look at another lot.  The salesman was honest with you, but there's no way you're going to have the patience to wait for a similar car to hit that lot.  You'll go buy one 20 minutes down the road.  So...the salesman gets nothing in the deal, even though he's the one who directed you to the car for your needs. 

So...what did he have to lose by stating that you should move quickly if you want THAT car, when the other 5 salesman are going to trying to sell it as well?  He's trying to make a living, and he didn't tell you anything dishonest. 

It's sort of like BB.  No patience for some people.  Year one...he's already a perpetual failure to some people.   ::)   

popcornhog

Quote from: arky37 on May 21, 2014, 07:32:26 am
I got an e-mail yesterday asking us to buy additional seats in the stadium club at War Memorial. Kinda worries me since there are only 481 club seats there period. I actually called and took 4, but when I did they gave me several options. Really hope we have some decent crowds this year, but I won't be surprised if we don't. Opening at Auburn probably won't help.

I did not get such a call.
WPS

ricepig

BENJAMINX

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2014, 04:53:33 pm
[/qu

I thought about moving down to the lower level, but couldn't pull the trigger. We have aisle seats on the front row of 506 and love it. That being said i would love too be able to get a block of 4 in Pig Heaven at some point.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 21, 2014, 07:26:17 am

Are you a member of the foundation, and do you have season tickets?

bp