Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

you heard it here first

Started by Bacon_Bitz, May 15, 2014, 12:35:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

You heard it here first. 

With Beverley playing defense like the most obnoxious pick up baller on the court in the first round, and JJ torching Lebron last night, Arkansas has been showing out in these playoffs.

Now it's time for Derek Fisher to show up and his his one or two improbable fourth quarter shots in a big time game tonight, like he does every year in the playoffs.  The stage is set -- he's been getting a minimal amount of run and missing the few shots he's had.  He always shows up exactly when you don't expect.

You heard it here first.

Rooka

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on May 15, 2014, 12:35:45 pm
You heard it here first. 

With Beverley playing defense like the most obnoxious pick up baller on the court in the first round, and JJ torching Lebron last night, Arkansas has been showing out in these playoffs.

Now it's time for Derek Fisher to show up and his his one or two improbable fourth quarter shots in a big time game tonight, like he does every year in the playoffs.  The stage is set -- he's been getting a minimal amount of run and missing the few shots he's had.  He always shows up exactly when you don't expect.

You heard it here first.

But now we expect it...

Smithian

You heard it here first. 

You heard it here first.
Johnson tore it up last night, but LeBron James is still the best defender in the league

The question is why would Jason Kidd have any player go 1 on 1 with the best defender in the league. Unless you have Kobe or LeBron then one on one ball at the end isn't the best idea.

The_Iceman

A lot of players could be a lot better defenders if they were allowed to foul as much as Lebron does.

Smithian

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 15, 2014, 01:32:31 pm
A lot of players could be a lot better defenders if they were allowed to foul as much as Lebron does.

popcornhog

You heard it here first. 

You heard it here first.

1) Fish didn't play for Arkansas.

2) Joe Joe did ball last night but he got D'd on the most important play, so there's that too.

3) Bev has been a pit bull all year but the Rockets are done.

All if this just to question the timing of this post.

You heard it here first.
WPS

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 15, 2014, 01:32:31 pm

A lot could be worse if every time he's fouled, it would get called.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: popcornhog on May 15, 2014, 05:07:52 pm
2) Joe Joe did ball last night but he got D'd on the most important play, so there's that too.
He was fouled when he was at the top of the key. They called the same foul on Miami's next possession on a Nets player was guarding James
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Ray Piggers

I'd call this torching.. Maybe that's just me.

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

popcornhog

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on May 15, 2014, 07:58:59 pm
He was fouled when he was at the top of the key. They called the same foul on Miami's next possession on a Nets player was guarding James

Not a great call, true. It's part of the game though.

He straight lost the ball to Bron.
WPS

nationwish

Quote from: popcornhog on May 15, 2014, 09:12:24 pm
Not a great call, true. It's part of the game though.

He straight lost the ball to Bron.

That's the way the NBA is, though. Certain star players get calls that the rest of the league doesn't. How long has it been that way now?

rusvegashog

May 15, 2014, 10:03:27 pm #11 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:18:14 pm by rusvegashog
I'm excited to be an NBA fan again. It's been a long time since I was this into the NBA. I really like this Clippers team, been some great matchups. I can't believe that Ive become a JJ Reddick fan, didn't see that coming. Durant might have won the MVP, but from what I've seen in this postseason Russell Westbrook is the second best player on the planet. Hope this OKC/LAC series goes to the wire of game 7. Like to see San Antonio win it all or any of the three remaining teams out of the West. Has been an incredible post season.

RazorMack

Ray Allen reached in on that last play and it wasn't called. But, that was on Paul Pierce, he  needed to get enough separation from the ball, so Ray couldn't double Joe

rusvegashog

I loathe Paul Pierce one of my least favorite players ever, but Pierce should have gotten the ball there at the end. Dude is clutch.

RazorMack

Quote from: rusvegashog on May 15, 2014, 10:39:14 pm
I loathe Paul Pierce one of my least favorite players ever, but Pierce should have gotten the ball there at the end. Dude is clutch.

All Pierce needed to do was spot up behind the 3 far enough way from Joe that Ray couldn't of double teamed, or if Ray did, Joe could of made the pass to a wide open Pierce for the win. Spacing killed that last play.

rusvegashog

May 15, 2014, 11:45:24 pm #15 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:57:57 pm by rusvegashog
Spacing definitely killed the last play, but I'd have to see it again to determine how it unfolded. It was all jammed up and at the time I felt Joe drove into traffic where all Ray had to do was turn around and swipe at the ball. I didn't think Pierce had time to get the proper spacing.

SPAL

Quote from: Smithian on May 15, 2014, 01:42:25 pm

I don't think it's hate so much as truth. Jordanwas notorious for getting calls that others weren't getting. The superstars get a lot of calls....that's just truth.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rusvegashog on May 15, 2014, 10:39:14 pm

The coach couldnt draw up a play to the ball inbounded. How could he draw a play tp get it to Pierce?

ProfusionalHog

Smithian

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 16, 2014, 01:14:49 am
I don't think it's hate so much as truth. Jordanwas notorious for getting calls that others weren't getting. The superstars get a lot of calls....that's just truth.
Just looking for an opportunity to use that picture.

Cresthog

Quote from: Smithian on May 15, 2014, 01:42:25 pm

Did Wade pull a muscle doing that?

Heat are a season or two away from being the Nets btw.

Their run is over.

Smithian

Quote from: Cresthog on May 16, 2014, 02:24:30 pm

Their run is over.
Minimum two championships? It was a success.  Look at when they traded for Shaq. One championship and a rapid descent, still a success.

I consider the Piston and Celtic teams this decade a success. It ended abruptly but a championship is all that matters.

rusvegashog

Those Pistons teams seem like forever ago.

CDBHawg

Their run is over.

Not exactly a good comparison.

HiggiePiggy

Their run is over.

Maybe if Lebron leaves.  If he stays then they will be playing in the finals a few more times. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?