Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This Anything?

Started by Dillon23, May 13, 2014, 09:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Quote from: 870hogfan on May 14, 2014, 06:34:02 pm

Petrino first year was ugly too....

long touchdown pass on 4th down to beat who?  cant remember for sure but im thinking it was western illinois or something like that in Petrinos first year. no use arguing though, the petrino guys think the dude is the best ever and cant get over the guys a terrible person and leader
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

I don't know if anything about this thread is anything.  But I did just post this in another thread and it shows how a man can be credited with something that in the end is very poor but appears on the surface to be just wonderful.  The following is how coach BB lined his last Wisconsin team up for another BCS bowl. 

The 2012 team went 7-5 regular season.  Those victories were against N. Iowa, Utah St., UTEP, a 2-10 Illinois, a 6-6 Minn who lost its bowl game, a 6-6 Purdue who lost its bowl, and a 4-8 Indiana.  The 4 conference wins went a combined 18-30 in the regular season with both teams earning bowls losing them.  Neb beat his team at NEB 30-27 in the regular season and then Wisconsin beat Neb 70-31 in the Conference Championship game in Indianapolis.  So an 8-5 overall team that beat only one decent team all season long, NEB, went to a BCS bowl.  That record in the SEC would warrant an invite to a mid-minor bowl at best.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: lefty08 on May 14, 2014, 06:56:05 pm
long touchdown pass on 4th down to beat who?  cant remember for sure but im thinking it was western illinois or something like that in Petrinos first year. no use arguing though, the petrino guys think the dude is the best ever and cant get over the guys a terrible person and leader

We don't care that he was a terrible person.  He won games and that is what matters to me.  Please tell me in the entire time that we have been in the SEC who was the best coach we have had?  In the last 3 decades how many times have we won 10 games or more? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 14, 2014, 09:07:48 pm
We don't care that he was a terrible person.  He won games and that is what matters to me.  Please tell me in the entire time that we have been in the SEC who was the best coach we have had?  In the last 3 decades how many times have we won 10 games or more?

Hatfield won 10 games more times than any of them

This is my non-signature signature.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 12247 on May 14, 2014, 08:05:48 pm
I don't know if anything about this thread is anything.  But I did just post this in another thread and it shows how a man can be credited with something that in the end is very poor but appears on the surface to be just wonderful.  The following is how coach BB lined his last Wisconsin team up for another BCS bowl. 

The 2012 team went 7-5 regular season.  Those victories were against N. Iowa, Utah St., UTEP, a 2-10 Illinois, a 6-6 Minn who lost its bowl game, a 6-6 Purdue who lost its bowl, and a 4-8 Indiana.  The 4 conference wins went a combined 18-30 in the regular season with both teams earning bowls losing them.  Neb beat his team at NEB 30-27 in the regular season and then Wisconsin beat Neb 70-31 in the Conference Championship game in Indianapolis.  So an 8-5 overall team that beat only one decent team all season long, NEB, went to a BCS bowl.  That record in the SEC would warrant an invite to a mid-minor bowl at best.

You miss the other reason why that team went to the big 10 championship game and that was because Ohio state and penn state were both on probation. 

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on May 14, 2014, 05:19:10 pm
2014 Auburn
Rushing per Game: 328.3 (1st NCAA)
Passing per Game: 173.0 (106th NCAA)

Auburn 34, Alabama 28

RIP your argument

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Athog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on May 13, 2014, 09:32:59 pm
This has been covered ad nausem....

You got some people who say yes it is something and some who say nope, lets answer that in year 3. And it doesnt really matter if there is or isn't....He gets at least 3, maybe 4.

PRJ
[/quote

Agree!!

ChicoHog

Quote from: Uncommon on May 13, 2014, 11:57:11 pm
It's not about the Xs and the Os, it's about the Jimmies and the Joes.  Look back at all of the national championship teams and the one constant is highly rated recruiting classes:
2009 Alabama           One Back
2010 Auburn             Spread
2011 Alabama           One Back
2012 Alabama           One Back
2013 Florida State     Multiple
And Auburn is not a throw it spread.  they run much more than pass and in 2010 they had a one man team in Cam newton, a freak that doesn't come around very often.  Heck last year they almost won with another great running QB (marginal passer) and phenomenal offensive line.  Doesn't matter what system you use as long as the players execute it.  Comes down to blocking and tackling.  And a little luck!

Peter Porker

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 14, 2014, 09:07:48 pm

We play 12 regular season games now. Makes it easier to win 10 games. But don't let that stop your agenda.

Nutt went to 2 SEC Championship games in 10 years. If booby were still here it'd be year 6 and no SEC Championship game appearances.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 15, 2014, 06:37:38 am
We play 12 regular season games now. Makes it easier to win 10 games. But don't let that stop your agenda.

Nutt went to 2 SEC Championship games in 10 years. If booby were still here it'd be year 6 and no SEC Championship game appearances.

There is no agenda.  It's just the truth that Petrino was our best coach since coming to the SEC. 

Maybe CBB can change that, but I will wait and see instead of crowning him the greatest like many on here feel like doing to annoying people that want to see success on the field instead of what we have now.

Peter Porker

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 15, 2014, 06:42:36 am
There is no agenda.  It's just the truth that Petrino was our best coach since coming to the SEC. 

Maybe CBB can change that, but I will wait and see instead of crowning him the greatest like many on here feel like doing to annoying people that want to see success on the field instead of what we have now.

What's your evidence to support this?

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 15, 2014, 06:42:36 am

Best play caller/offensive mind? Probably. Best coach? That emcompasses a lot more than play calling so I'm not sure that I can agree with that.
Go Hogs Go!

GoHogs1091

A lot of Coach Bielema's Little 9/Big 1 (Ohio State) Conference wins came against Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern.  Currently Ole Miss and Mississippi State are better than Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern.  How he does against Ole Miss and Mississippi State will go a long way in determining how long he stays as our Head Coach.  At the moment, to consistently win against Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Auburn is not an easy task primarily because of the high level recruiting of those 4 SEC football programs.

Tennessee under Dooley was probably commensurate with Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern.  Tennessee is now on the road to being better than those Little 9/Big 1 (Ohio State) Conference teams.  The last couple of seasons, Vanderbilt was probably better than those Little 9/Big 1 (Ohio State) Conference teams.  It remains to be seen if Vanderbilt's new Head Coach will keep Vanderbilt at the same level, or better, than what James Franklin had Vanderbilt.

In the SEC, there simply is no "breather" weekends.  Ole Miss and Mississippi State are not like the lesser teams in the Little 9/Big 1 (Ohio State) Conference.     

Peter Porker

Quote from: 12247 on May 14, 2014, 08:05:48 pm

2-9 Missouri Valley Conference Team
1-11 Mountain West Conference Team
3-9 Sun Belt Conference Team
12-1 7-1 Conference BLOWOUT LOSS
7-6 Big 12 Team
8-5 4-4 Conference Team
2-10 0-8 Conference Team
6-7 2-6 Conference Team
11-2 6-2 Conference Team only conference win vs team with winning conference record
5-7 1-7 Conference Team
7-6 2-6 Conference Team
13-1 8-0 Conference Team BLOWOUT LOSS

hog911

Quote from: Uncommon on May 13, 2014, 11:57:11 pm
It's not about the Xs and the Os, it's about the Jimmies and the Joes.  Look back at all of the national championship teams and the one constant is highly rated recruiting classes:
2009 Alabama           One Back
2010 Auburn             Spread
2011 Alabama           One Back
2012 Alabama           One Back
2013 Florida State     Multiple

+1 Our only chance with BB type of scheme is developing a strong 5th year program. We will have to turn our 3's and 4's into 5's!So this is really longer fix than 3 years!

Wants2Win

Quote from: hog911 on May 15, 2014, 07:37:00 am
+1 Our only chance with BB type of scheme is developing a strong 5th year program. We will have to turn our 3's and 4's into 5's!So this is really longer fix than 3 years!
The only problem with that is if he hasn't won 8 games by year 5, the stadiums will be ghost towns.

Hogwild

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 15, 2014, 06:44:11 amIt's just the truth that Petrino was our best coach since coming to the SEC.

What's your evidence to support this?

Since we joined the SEC he is one of two coaches to have a winning record at Arkansas.  Although I don't like BP, he is still better than Nutt.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 14, 2014, 01:12:41 pm
And that's also how you beat Alabama.

Can we be adults now?

You think we can't "out-Alabama Alabama". How are we supposed to "out-A&M A&M" or "out-Auburn Auburn"? Your theory of having to habe a spread offense to beat Bama doesn't hold water.

Uhhhh.... you might want to check historical records as we've dominated A&M since we started playing them in 1903 to the tune of 41-26-3.   I would say we have a great history of "outing" A&M......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Hogwild

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on May 14, 2014, 12:14:19 am
The spread isn't any more successful against Bama than any other system. LSU has beaten Bama a few times, namely 2010 and 2011, with a Pro style. On the other hand, Auburn and A&M were successful with different versions of the Spread. And although Alabama shut us out last year, they also shut out Ole Miss' high-powered spread.

The way to beat Bama is to play better. Run the ball, stop the run, win the turnover battle, and don't commit any penalties. Then you can play whatever style you want.

+1

Since Saban has been the coach at Bama 7 seasons-

Auburn & LSU have both beaten Alabama three times. (Auburn did it with 3 different coaches)
Miss. State & Texas A&M have beaten Bama once.
The last 4 SEC championships Bama won just once.

The key to beating Bama is play them in November- the last 4 seasons Alabama is 7-5 against the SEC West.  4 of the 7 wins were against Mississippi State.

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on May 14, 2014, 06:56:05 pm

And when BB doesn't go 8-5 in his second year this fall there will be a biblical flood of excuses explaining why he's had it soooo much harder than Petrino did and why any comparisons are soooo unfair.  Hide and watch.

Hogwild

Quote from: LZH on May 15, 2014, 09:02:37 am
And when BB doesn't go 8-5 in his second year this fall there will be a biblical flood of excuses explaining why he's had it soooo much harder than Petrino did and why any comparisons are soooo unfair.  Hide and watch.

In 2015 we play Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama, and Ole Miss on the road.
Those 5 teams have had great recruiting classes the last two seasons.  So many people are hyping up year 3, as the year we turn the corner.  I feel that everyone is rushing it the rebuilding process.  A bowl game would be great this coming season, but I'm not expecting a double digit win season til '16 at the earliest.  We just need to see progress.

NVRyield

Anyone that doesn't realize this ^^^^ is the norm (outside of Gus's and Nutt's first year) they've never started a new business or had a staff/philosophy change in an organization.  If you've taken any business courses at the UofA you know it takes time to see a profit.  It's 101.
Unfortunately we as fans must show some patience.  If after 3 years we don't see improvement, then we can moan and have concern. 
BTW I didn't add Mizzou to the Gus and Nutt example because it wasn't a first year scenario. 

LZH

Quote from: NVRyield on May 15, 2014, 10:23:47 am
Anyone that doesn't realize this ^^^^ is the norm (outside of Gus's and Nutt's first year) they've never started a new business or had a staff/philosophy change in an organization.  If you've taken any business courses at the UofA you know it takes time to see a profit.  It's 101.

You can spit out all your "what I learned in school today" as much as you want to son, but I've done it in the freekin real world more than a few times, so how 'bout saving that bull***t for your 4H campfire stories?

ChitownHawg

May 15, 2014, 11:24:50 am #73 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:48:34 am by ChitownHawg
Quote from: LZH on May 15, 2014, 09:02:37 am

Led, you are expecting a 8-5 record? This year? Ain't going to happen. I didn't realize you had a sunshine pumper side. I always took you for a man in black kind of guy.  ;D

For me I will be dancing in the aisles if we get 6 wins and a minor bowl.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 15, 2014, 11:24:50 am
Led, you are expecting a 8-5 record? This year? Ain't going to happen. I didn't realize you had a sunshine pumped side. I always took for a man in black kind of guy.  ;D

You are in for a big surprise if you think this way....

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 15, 2014, 11:38:09 am
You are in for a big surprise if you think this way....

Surprise good or surprise bad?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 15, 2014, 11:24:50 am
Led, you are expecting a 8-5 record? This year? Ain't going to happen. I didn't realize you had a sunshine pumped side. I always took for a man in black kind of guy.  ;D

Sunshine side.....me?  Mega-Yikes!  Nah, not at all.  That poster was comparing BB's first year and BP's first year here.  So I was pointing out that when Beliema's record this year falls short of Petrino's 8-5 record in his second year, there will be pages full of reasons/excuses as to why it is unfair to compare the two seasons.  As in - BP had better athletes, or BP had a 5* QB coming in, or the SEC is much tougher now than when BP took the job, and on and on and on and nauseatingly on.

DLUXHOG

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 15, 2014, 11:51:43 am
Good, very good...

Let's hope that you are the smartest guy in the room and have vision like Nostradamus.  :D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on May 15, 2014, 11:51:15 am
Sunshine side.....me?  Mega-Yikes!  Nah, not at all.  That poster was comparing BB's first year and BP's first year here.  So I was pointing out that when Beliema's record this year falls short of Petrino's 8-5 record in his second year, there will be pages full of reasons/excuses as to why it is unfair to compare the two seasons.  As in - BP had better athletes, or BP had a 5* QB coming in, or the SEC is much tougher now than when BP took the job, and on and on and on and nauseatingly on.

Those are reasons not excuses. How many times do I have to say that.  :D

carolinahogger

Quote from: 12247 on May 14, 2014, 06:46:44 am
I personally believe these stats mean something.  BB wins almost 100 percent against weaker teams than his.  He breaks even and maybe a little better than even when he faces a team as good as his and he fails against the better teams.  Most decent coaches put up this type numbers against the same type situations. 

I believe we'll see these same results when he gets settled in here in the SEC.  I expect lots of 7 to 9 win seasons, no conference championships, likely no major bowl victories and no reason to expect a BCS bowl unless some of the powerhouse teams in our conference wind up throwing snake eyes in the very same year which can happen every decade or so.

Ken Hatfield II

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: carolinahogger on May 15, 2014, 12:51:19 pm
Ken Hatfield II

So what you're really saying is that he's gonna win 10 games this year, 9 games a piece for the next two years, followed by 10 games the two years after that?

Cause thats what Hatfield did.

What part of the Carolinas? I lived all over both.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 15, 2014, 06:45:44 am
Best play caller/offensive mind? Probably. Best coach? That emcompasses a lot more than play calling so I'm not sure that I can agree with that.

You can't agree with that?  Since 1992 when we became an SEC member you are telling me someone else in that time has been better at Arkansas than Bobby Petrino? Please tell me who. 

VT HOG

I know a few Wisconsin fans, they were ecstatic when he left. He loses big games just like Nutt did when he was here. He's a terrible game manager and he was also known to be seen out at the bars loaded.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: VT HOG on May 15, 2014, 01:14:28 pm
I know a few Wisconsin fans, they were ecstatic when he left. He loses big games just like Nutt did when he was here. He's a terrible game manager and he was also known to be seen out at the bars loaded.

With the money we're payin him, he can have the beer delivered. Its obvious he's having the pizza delivered (I think he's gained a few since he's been here, but thats just an observation). Big difference between there and here is he is married in the bible belt. Not single in the Arctic Circle.

VT HOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on May 15, 2014, 01:20:48 pm
With the money we're payin him, he can have the beer delivered. Its obvious he's having the pizza delivered (I think he's gained a few since he's been here, but thats just an observation). Big difference between there and here is he is married in the bible belt. Not single in the Arctic Circle.

He definitely has packed on some extra weight.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: VT HOG on May 15, 2014, 01:23:05 pm
He definitely has packed on some extra weight.

I don't care if they have to haul him out there in a wheel barrow, as long as we run for two hundred and throw for two fiddy, I say give him a hoveround.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on May 15, 2014, 01:20:48 pm

He said he was going to lose weight this summer. If his wife is like mine then she told him to get healthy.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 15, 2014, 01:57:27 pm
He said he was going to lose weight this summer. If his wife is like mine then she told him to get healthy.

Eat right and cardio brother.... Lesson I learned early in the military is you can't out-PT a bad diet. But I go thru stages, depending on, weirdly enough, how much coffee I drink.

Jek Tono Porkins

This just doesn't even make sense. Every coach loses big games. If you win all the big games then you go undefeated and win the NCG. The characterization that Bielema "loses big games" is inaccurate. He won a ton of big games at Wisconsin. Sure, he had some big losses. So did Petrino...but nobody says he "lost big games", which he did. Why? Because the expectations weren't there.

Here's the deal; with the exception of 2006 and 2009, Bielema started every year ranked in the top 15. The expectation was that Wisconsin was going to win nearly every game.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ReddieHawg on May 15, 2014, 03:54:59 pm
This just doesn't even make sense. Every coach loses big games. If you win all the big games then you go undefeated and win the NCG. The characterization that Bielema "loses big games" is inaccurate. He won a ton of big games at Wisconsin. Sure, he had some big losses. So did Petrino...but nobody says he "lost big games", which he did. Why? Because the expectations weren't there.

Here's the deal; with the exception of 2006 and 2009, Bielema started every year ranked in the top 15. The expectation was that Wisconsin was going to win nearly every game.

You mean losing big games like the Sugar Bowl?  Or Bama in Fayetteville? You mean big games like that?  ;)

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 15, 2014, 04:50:30 pm
You mean losing big games like the Sugar Bowl?  Or Bama in Fayetteville? You mean big games like that?  ;)
Or losing to #1 LSU when you're #3 and a win can send you to the NCG?

Bottom line, Bielema got to 3 BCS bowls and won the games he needed to win to get him there. In 2010 he dropped a game to Michigan State. BFD. He beat Ohio State at home and Iowa on the road and then just had to win out the rest of the schedule in convincing fashion. He did.

In 2011 he lost two heartbreaking games to hail mary's but took care of business against Penn State and pulled out a win against Michigan State in the B1G title game.

Now in 2012, his team didn't deserve to be in the B1G title game and everyone knows it. But they still took care of business against Nebraska.

And I know all of this doesn't matter because he's at Arkansas now and he's going to have to prove that he can do it here. I get that. We went 3-9 in his first season. I get that. We were terrible. We get it.

But what I don't understand is people questioning his ability as a head coach. That's a debate that we shouldn't be having. He won a lot of games at Wisconsin no matter how you slice it and no matter how much history you feel like rewriting. He is a proven, established head coach. He might not work out at Arkansas. It's very possible. Danny Ford was a proven, established head coach and didn't quite work out, but it can also be argued that he was fired too early. I just think that Bielema needs at least three years to install his system before fans start bashing him. As far as I'm concerned he got a two-year pass when he took the job.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ReddieHawg on May 15, 2014, 05:08:48 pm
Or losing to #1 LSU when you're #3 and a win can send you to the NCG?

Bottom line, Bielema got to 3 BCS bowls and won the games he needed to win to get him there. In 2010 he dropped a game to Michigan State. BFD. He beat Ohio State at home and Iowa on the road and then just had to win out the rest of the schedule in convincing fashion. He did.

In 2011 he lost two heartbreaking games to hail mary's but took care of business against Penn State and pulled out a win against Michigan State in the B1G title game.

Now in 2012, his team didn't deserve to be in the B1G title game and everyone knows it. But they still took care of business against Nebraska.

And I know all of this doesn't matter because he's at Arkansas now and he's going to have to prove that he can do it here. I get that. We went 3-9 in his first season. I get that. We were terrible. We get it.

But what I don't understand is people questioning his ability as a head coach. That's a debate that we shouldn't be having. He won a lot of games at Wisconsin no matter how you slice it and no matter how much history you feel like rewriting. He is a proven, established head coach. He might not work out at Arkansas. It's very possible. Danny Ford was a proven, established head coach and didn't quite work out, but it can also be argued that he was fired too early. I just think that Bielema needs at least three years to install his system before fans start bashing him. As far as I'm concerned he got a two-year pass when he took the job.

I just want to clarify I am with you on this one. CBB has a great record. It isn't a perfect record. But all that matters is where have you guided your team at the end of the season. Stuff happens during the season. Can you overcome this stuff and progress toward your season goals? His career shows that he does this.

And I forgot about the LSU game. Oy vey!  ;D

Fayettechill14

And you believed them? I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

NVRyield

Quote from: LZH on May 15, 2014, 11:21:43 am
You can spit out all your "what I learned in school today" as much as you want to son, but I've done it in the freekin real world more than a few times, so how 'bout saving that bull***t for your 4H campfire stories?

Not sure where the attitude comes from "Son".....???
But to keep the point on post
What exactly in my post do you disagree with?
My line of thinking is taught in business classes since 1945 to present and experienced in life and business as well.  What part of my....as you call it campfire BS do you disagree with?

I'll respond to your post sir

Peter Porker

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 15, 2014, 08:25:20 am
Uhhhh.... you might want to check historical records as we've dominated A&M since we started playing them in 1903 to the tune of 41-26-3.   I would say we have a great history of "outing" A&M......

What the hell does history have to do with A&M recruiting Top 5 classes NOW and running the spread NOW?

Peter Porker

Big games like Alabama 2010 and 2011? Big game like Auburn 2010? Big game like LSU 2011? Big game like Sugar Bowl 2010?

Peter Porker

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 15, 2014, 12:59:35 pm
You can't agree with that?  Since 1992 when we became an SEC member you are telling me someone else in that time has been better at Arkansas than Bobby Petrino? Please tell me who.

Ford won the division once. Nutt won it twice I believe. When Nutt won it in 2006 he had a harder schedule than the 2010 Arkansas team according to this site http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/arkansas/2006.html

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 15, 2014, 12:59:35 pm

Read what I said, it would help a lot. I didn't say who had our best two seasons back to back in the last 10-12 years, I said that being the best overall coach requires more than just being the best playcaller. I thought I was pretty clear in my statement. My apologies if that wasn't the case.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: NVRyield on May 15, 2014, 05:51:32 pm
Not sure where the attitude comes from "Son".....???
But to keep the point on post
What exactly in my post do you disagree with?
My line of thinking is taught in business classes since 1945 to present and experienced in life and business as well.  What part of my....as you call it campfire BS do you disagree with?

I'll respond to your post sir

If you're gonna use  -  1)"anyone that doesn't realize this is the norm...they've never started a new business..." and 2)"if you've taken any business courses at the U of A"  -  in that condenscending tone, don't be surprised when someone who has actually been cuttin' nuts for years out in the real business world calls you on it.  "It's 101" my ass.  Try telling that to your bank or investors when you come up short after only one year and see how much they wanna hear about "Business 101".

I'd suggest if you're gonna get 'higher than thou', that next time you make sure you actually are higher than thou before you pop off some crap like that.