Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dallas Keuchel

Started by NorthDallas40, May 13, 2014, 07:43:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthDallas40

May 13, 2014, 07:43:57 pm Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:50:17 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Mowing down Rangers. Struck out the side on ten pitches in the second.

jacobp

May 13, 2014, 08:01:38 pm #1 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:45:12 am by jacobp
Keuchel.

Damn autocorrect

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

yraciv

Quote from: Break & Run on May 13, 2014, 08:27:12 pm
Keuchel

Kycuhl is close enough! Can't believe it took 3 tries for someone to get that. DK's looked very good his last couple outings.

Blutoblutarsky

Complete game shutout.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on May 13, 2014, 10:06:07 pm
Complete game shutout.
1st of his career.

He is now 4-2 on the year with a 3.07 ERA in 53.0 IP.  He is at the age where most players start to reach their prime at 26.  Hopefully he keeps it up.

popcornhog

Kniles Kikle is even better than Dennis Green and Korliss Williamson.

That's my opinion anyhow.
WPS

cosmodrum

Good for Dulles Mallet
Go away, batin'

JonClaudeVanHam

Krispy Krackle was always one of my favorite Hogs.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

BigSexyHog

Glad he is doing well in the majors....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Dr. Starcs

I'll never forget that bases loaded no out jam he got out of at the cws.

I knew that day the kid had brass ones.

Razorback_Mack

I'll never forget how I overheard scouts at the Norman regional saying that he was only good enough for Bishop Kelley (his high school). That's not all they said about him either, they were ragging on him bad. It's ironic now that's he's pitching like the ace of a big league staff. He's their best arm right now.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 14, 2014, 07:16:41 am
I'll never forget that bases loaded no out jam he got out of at the cws.

I knew that day the kid had brass ones.

Best college game I've ever seen. DK was nails.
Go away, batin'

SPAL

Great to see former hogs dominate in the show.

Razorback7281

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on May 14, 2014, 09:43:15 am
I'll never forget how I overheard scouts at the Norman regional saying that he was only good enough for Bishop Kelley (his high school). That's not all they said about him either, they were ragging on him bad. It's ironic now that's he's pitching like the ace of a big league staff. He's their best arm right now.
I think some would argue with the part in bold.  ;D
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

yraciv

DK at it again tonight. 8 shutout inning of 3 hit ball so far against the Angels. 8 ks, 1 bb, let's hope he stays in for the complete game

hogman64

Goes 8 2/3 gave up an infield single to Trout, then a single to pujols, hopefully the reliever will finish it off for him...

yraciv

Quote from: hogman64 on May 19, 2014, 11:45:25 pm
Goes 8 2/3 gave up an infield single to Trout, then a single to pujols, hopefully the reliever will finish it off for him...

Come on! 5-0, and considering who got the hits I'd give him a pass. Definitely should have let him finish, but solid outing none the less.

hogman64

Quote from: yraciv on May 19, 2014, 11:48:50 pm
Come on! 5-0, and considering who got the hits I'd give him a pass. Definitely should have let him finish, but solid outing none the less.

great outing.. final 5-2 reliever gave up a triple that scored two....but an impressive win.. he was an infield single from Trout away from a  complete game shutout...

dotnet

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 14, 2014, 10:00:00 am

That was against UVA wasn't it?

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on May 20, 2014, 08:47:43 am
That was against UVA wasn't it?
Yep.  The Eibner HR.  Bases loaded with no outs and a 3-0 count in a do or die situation and coming back without allowing a run.  The Carver-Bigham-Wilkins DP.  It was a great game for the Hogs.

TuckFexas

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 14, 2014, 10:00:00 am

I still have that one stored on my B(rain)VR.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

ucahogfan

I think UVA started Danny Hultzen who was the #2 pick in 2011 that game and he still hasn't reached the majors.  Meanwhile, the Hogs threw 3 guys who are currently in the big leagues in that game.  I also forgot how clutch Andrew Darr was.  Had the walk-off in Tallahassee and then the hit against UVA as well.

jbell96

Quote from: yraciv on May 19, 2014, 11:48:50 pm
He was at 128 pitches so I'm guessing that is why they took him out.

RazrRila99

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 20, 2014, 09:00:49 am
Yep.  The Eibner HR.  Bases loaded with no outs and a 3-0 count in a do or die situation and coming back without allowing a run.  The Carver-Bigham-Wilkins DP.  It was a great game for the Hogs.

I learned A LOT about baseball strategy in that game (Im only a fair weather fan - if its not too hot/not too cold).  One of VERY few times Ive ever stood up during a game (at home or at the stadium).

Dr. Starcs

I was in Omaha for the cal st fullerton and Lsu games. Had to leave the night before the Virginia game.

Is that the game dvh came out and argued with the first base ump and said something along the lines of "you didnt see that did you"

Baseball Hog

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 20, 2014, 09:00:49 am

Of the thousand + games I've seen that was the best one.  I was sitting in the RF stands.  Had the perfect view to see the enormity of Eibner's bomb.  Best game I've ever watched.

dotnet

It was up there.  Some of those ASU games could give it a run for its money..

BigD94

Get goosebumps watching it again. He crushed that ball.
WOO PIG!

yraciv

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 20, 2014, 09:20:33 am

I think UVA started Danny Hultzen who was the #2 pick in 2011 that game and he still hasn't reached the majors.  Meanwhile, the Hogs threw 3 guys who are currently in the big leagues in that game.  I also forgot how clutch Andrew Darr was.  Had the walk-off in Tallahassee and then the hit against UVA as well.

Hultzen has been derailed by injuries. When healthy, he still has shown the talent that made him a top draft pick.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 20, 2014, 09:02:38 am
I still have that one stored on my B(rain)VR.

DK was having to get out of jam after jam, and he did, with that sweaty balls nasty slider.
Go away, batin'

ucahogfan

Quote from: yraciv on May 20, 2014, 12:21:15 pm
Hultzen has been derailed by injuries. When healthy, he still has shown the talent that made him a top draft pick.
Which really sucks for the Mariners.  He was one of three pitchers along with Taijuan Walker and James Paxton who they thought had a big future to team alongside King Felix.  Hope he gets healthy and gets his career back on track.  Will be a solid middle of the rotation starter for a long time if that does happen.

onebadrubi

That was a true pitchers fuel game there with the deeper bats.  We have been just a Wilkins, cox, or eibner bat away the last couple years from being very dangerous.  That game was awesome! 

PorcineSublime

I remember early on in his college career when we would audibly moan when he came into the game. Then the last year or so he really put it together. Still, I never thought he would get to the show, much less dominate. Just goes to show you what heart and determination will do. So happy for the young man to realize his dream.

Hope we are seeing the same happen with Fisher. I would look at him last year and early this year and say "this kid should be hitting better and with power", then the lights came on and bingo. And I was way wrong when I thought he was not the 1st baseman that we needed. The kid settled down and became very very solid defensively.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

colemjh

Fort Dweller

He threw a 4 hit CG last night.  4-0, 1.05 ERA, with a 28:1 K-BB ratio over his last 4 starts.

Filthy nasty.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ucahogfan

Quote from: Fort Dweller on May 26, 2014, 10:27:16 am
He threw a 4 hit CG last night.  4-0, 1.05 ERA, with a 28:1 K-BB ratio over his last 4 starts.

Filthy nasty.
He is 26 which is the age that most pitchers start to peak in the MLB.  I think he is well on his way to an ASG appearance if he keeps this year.  Depending on what the Astros think about him, he could be trade bait at the deadline.

Baseball Hog

Dude is getting it done.

He's currently:

5th in the AL in ERA
1st in the AL in WHIP
1st in the AL in CGs
5th in the AL in K/BB

Dude has a legit shot at a Cy Young.  Just need Tanaka to calm down.

Polecat

Great season so far. Really happy for DK
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

felixfan

Quote from: Baseball Hog on May 26, 2014, 10:48:32 am
Dude is getting it done.

He's currently:

5th in the AL in ERA
1st in the AL in WHIP
1st in the AL in CGs
5th in the AL in K/BB

Dude has a legit shot at a Cy Young.  Just need Tanaka to calm down.

I think Tanaka  will come back down to earth as ppl see more of him.  It's not about how good you are in the mlb.  It's about how well you adjust to pressure.  For pitchers,  developing that 3rd pitch and even the 4th pitch.

Ray Piggers

Went to the 09 CWS. I believe that was the last one in Rosenblatt as well.

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

gutshot

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 20, 2014, 09:20:33 am

uca, that was Phil Gosselin in those clips playing for UVA. Jersey #5. He is on fire in Gwinnett this season. What a great game that was.

ucahogfan

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·   1h   

Congrats to former Razorback @kidkeuchy on being named the AL Pitcher of the Week! #PROHOGS #NeverYield #WPS

ucahogfan

Quote from: gutshot on May 30, 2014, 05:04:53 pm

uca, that was Phil Gosselin in those clips playing for UVA. Jersey #5. He is on fire in Gwinnett this season. What a great game that was.
Thanks!  For some reason I remember them talking about Hultzen a lot during that game so I figured that it who threw.

gutshot

Yeah Hultzen did pitch. Gosselin played second base. He got called up late last season to play a few games for the Braves. I think he's the only UVA player from that team to make the majors.

colemjh

Suidae Suis Scrofa