Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

where are the Fayetteville 5 or however many it was now?

Started by The Divine Swine, May 13, 2014, 04:58:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 14, 2014, 08:56:43 am
Reminds me of why I'm so positive about the future of Hog football in spite of last year's winless SEC record.

All three of Arkansas previous head coaches have run the program with a personal agenda.

Houston Nutt thought he WAS the helmet. Everything about Hog football was all about him. He'd throw any player or any coach on his staff under a speeding bus if he thought it would help him personally.

His time at Arkansas coincided with some of the best instate talent ever and he threw it all away.

Bobby Petrino ran his football program with uncompromising discipline and an amazing ability to call plays. He won games. He made Arkansas one of the big boys in the SEC. But he was totally lacking in personal discipline and he left the program in pretty much the same shape as the day he arrived. A total mess.

John L Smith was up to his eyeballs in debt. His main concern was to clear himself of that debut while rebuilding his retirement portfolio. The program crashed down around his ears while he walked around like Alfred E. Newman.

What is Brett Bielema's agenda? He wants to coach up players, have them get their degrees, lead them to the NFL if possible and win games in the process.

Is he going to do that overnight? Hell no. You trying putting a program back together that has been sucked dry by three straight self centered head coaches. But take a deep breath. Look around. Guess what's missing these days?

A coach with an agenda that's all about him.

+1 nuff said

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 09:48:33 am
I can only assume you are claiming that NWA has "zero effect" on you.  Which honestly outs you as a liar at best an idiot at worst, because if you are posting in this thread on this message board and i assume you identify as a "Hog Fan" then NWA has an effect on you.  Because the Hogs are NWA, and NWA is the Hogs.  The University of Arkansas will forever be located and rooted in NWA.

Amen and if they live in any other part of the state NWA effects them as well.  They get the benefit of the outflow of tax dollars, and most importantly have something to try to attain, an aspiration if you will, be it to live in one of our many gated communities or be a service provider either way NWA provides a quality of life unparalleled in the rest of the state.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: Karma on May 14, 2014, 09:57:51 am
Throw in some GSD and this thread will have it all.

Perhaps Robert Shields could chime in on that. One can only dream.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 14, 2014, 08:30:08 am
more importantly, where are the WM3?  they have been out of jail for a yr or more now and nary a word or siteing.

PP

Working at a convienence store across the street from the Springdale 5. I know someone that was in prison with Jesse Miskelly and if you ever think you had it tough, then I suggest you read his tattoos.

Damien Echols had it bad too. Guy in the cell next to him on death row got him. Frequently.
This is my non-signature signature.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Wants2Win on May 14, 2014, 09:21:51 am
Church it up anyway you want but NWA is Wal Mart and chicken.

I live in Dallas, home to several Fortune 500 companies.    Poor mouth Wal Mart all you want but they are the top spot, "Fortune 1" of the 500.   Largest retail company in the world, largest employer in the world....  I'm sure Dallas, Chicago, New York, LA would gladly have Wal Mart reside in their city if Arkansas doesn't want them....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

RNHog

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 09:48:33 am
I can only assume you are claiming that NWA has "zero effect" on you.  Which honestly outs you as a liar at best an idiot at worst, because if you are posting in this thread on this message board and i assume you identify as a "Hog Fan" then NWA has an effect on you.  Because the Hogs are NWA, and NWA is the Hogs.  The University of Arkansas will forever be located and rooted in NWA.

I was unaware that they were The Northwest Arkansas Razorbacks.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Groß Kriegschwein on May 14, 2014, 10:07:20 am
Working at a convienence store across the street from the Springdale 5. I know someone that was in prison with Jesse Miskelly and if you ever think you had it tough, then I suggest you read his tattoos.

Damien Echols had it bad too. Guy in the cell next to him on death row got him. Frequently.
well, they aren't in jail, as some have predicted.  Hope they can lead a semi-normal life out of the limelight and move on

PP

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 09:38:07 am
Let me turn that stupid logic around for you.

"Why don't all those 5 stars from Central AR commit to the Hogs then? or SE Ar or NE Ar or SW Ar?"

Kids do what ever kids want to do, it has NOTHING to do with where they are located on a map.

Also the last thing i am is a carpetbagger.  All the hate of NWA is nothing more than jealousy, mixed in with a little justified hate due to some of the snobbery by people who rep NWA but are not well liked universally regardless of location.

I dont' think anyone hates NWA.

What people hate is the "NWA is 10000000x better than the rest of this putrid state" attitude that you and DKS are showing.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 14, 2014, 10:14:57 am
well, they aren't in jail, as some have predicted.  Hope they can lead a semi-normal life out of the limelight and move on

PP

I'm with ya there. At least they aren't in jail. But NOBODY wants the limelight that Jesse Miskelly got. I promise you that. And he was borderline special needs.

Razorback026

Quote from: RNHog on May 13, 2014, 06:14:51 pm
Bingo. All the hype, with no result. So far the Allen brothers, the springdale 5, all those offensive linemen from a few years back, and the infamous Khiel Frazier. BUSTS! You ever heard of Chris Gragg, Greg Childs, Jay Wright? Oh and by the way, kids that single handidly brought Arkansas back to the top. Without them, BPs time at AR is a joke.  And many other kids from Warren who have went to college and graduated with solid degrees. Two more just committed to a D1 school(hopefully they end up at Arkansas).  My hometown is still a great place to raise kids, work, and live as well. And also knows how to churn athletes.

NWA does not Kick Arse. NWA is still Arkansas and people still view us as the same level as West Virginia and Mississippi. Despite the misguided folks up there who live in a dream world.

In 2012 Fayetteville HS had an alumni play in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and the 2012 Olympics.  How many HS in the state, let alone the country can make that claim?  I would hardly call competing at the highest level "BUSTS!"

Killean

If you're calling someone a carpetbagger.. you're probably also sleeping with your sister and wishing for a return to slavery while you watch Dukes of Hazzard reruns.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Hogs-n-Roses

RNHog

Quote from: Killean on May 14, 2014, 11:03:53 am
If you're calling someone a carpetbagger.. you're probably also sleeping with your sister and wishing for a return to slavery while you watch Dukes of Hazzard reruns.

People from the Hills up north are the only ones that participate in that.

RNHog

Quote from: Razorback026 on May 14, 2014, 10:47:34 am
In 2012 Fayetteville HS had an alumni play in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and the 2012 Olympics.  How many HS in the state, let alone the country can make that claim?  I would hardly call competing at the highest level "BUSTS!"

That is awesome too. Heck of an accomplishment.

I was referencing D1 College football talent though.

impact

In terms of accomplishments, I would say the 1983 Parkview team that lost to FS Southside had 5 athletes that competed at the D1 level.  I am not comparing who had the best team.

Keith Jackson played for OU and you know the rest of the story.

James Rouse, Rickey Williams, Anthony Chambers and Bill Ingram all were Hogs. 

Rouse finished 6th All time career rushing for Arkansas. Williams started at linebacker.

Bill Ingram is the founder of one the most prestigous high school basketball tournaments in the country, Real Deal in the Rock. Anthony Chambers was a head football coach at LR McClellan.

Notice how 4 of the 5 were Razorbacks!
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

thebignasty

Guys I'll hire one of you poor central arkansas saps to mow my yard if it helps anything.  Just looking to throw y ' all a bone. 

Hogchick

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 14, 2014, 08:30:08 am
more importantly, where are the WM3?  they have been out of jail for a yr or more now and nary a word or siteing.

PP

I'm actually concerned with the Jackson 5?  Is Michael really dead?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogchick on May 14, 2014, 01:27:08 pm

I'm actually concerned with the Jackson 5?  Is Michael really dead?

???

But on the Jackson 5, bought a musical toy for my twins and one of the three songs it plays when buttons get hit is a Jackson 5 song. Scary. So they are making something off of something.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Wants2Win on May 14, 2014, 09:21:51 am
Church it up anyway you want but NWA is Wal Mart and chicken.
and the natural beauty of the place is sinking faster than a submarine with a screen door.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

aar0n

RNHog

Quote from: aar0n on May 14, 2014, 02:02:10 pm
Is this thread serious?

If you are on Hogville for serious talk, I suggest you find something better to do.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on May 14, 2014, 10:16:34 am

What people hate is the "NWA is 10000000x better than the rest of this putrid state" attitude that you and DKS are showing.

I never said 1000000x better.  If I had to quantify I'd put it at 10x tops.  I grew up in the other 3/4's of the state and through hard work, determination, education, and a little luck I was able to make it to the UofA.  Once I saw what the area had to offer and the unlimited potential I made it my goal to live and work here.  I still think of the rest of the state fondly but I'm also a realist.  Take any QoL indicator you want and compare it to the rest of the state NWA wins every time.  That's not opinion it is fact.  I don't see Hot Springs, Little Rock, Jonesboro, Fort Smith, TK, Pine Bluff, El Dorado, or Helena West Helena making any of those Best Place to Live, Retire, Work, Start a Business etc lists but cities in NWA make them on a routine basis.  Again that's not an opinion just a fact
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Magic_Hogg

I don't say I'm an Arkansan.

Having grown up in Fayetteville, I am an "Ozarkansan."  I did not know until college how different NWA was from the rest of the state, but that is not to say there are not good people and good places to live elsewhere in the state.

311Hog

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on May 14, 2014, 10:16:34 am

I think you should re read what i posted paying close attention to the last half of the last sentence.

Fact of the matter is i am not doing any of what you claim.  Do i know first hand that NWA is better in virtually every measurable way to virtually any other place in Arkansas?  Yes i do because i have lived in so many places in AR.  If all of AR was like NWA we would be one of the top 5 states in the Union, instead one of the bottom 5 that is another fact for all of you.

The rest of AR should be trying to be like NWA unless you enjoy failure and ignorance. if that is the case well to each his own i suppose.

311Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 14, 2014, 03:18:39 pm
I never said 1000000x better.  If I had to quantify I'd put it at 10x tops.  I grew up in the other 3/4's of the state and through hard work, determination, education, and a little luck I was able to make it to the UofA.  Once I saw what the area had to offer and the unlimited potential I made it my goal to live and work here.  I still think of the rest of the state fondly but I'm also a realist.  Take any QoL indicator you want and compare it to the rest of the state NWA wins every time.  That's not opinion it is fact.  I don't see Hot Springs, Little Rock, Jonesboro, Fort Smith, TK, Pine Bluff, El Dorado, or Helena West Helena making any of those Best Place to Live, Retire, Work, Start a Business etc lists but cities in NWA make them on a routine basis.  Again that's not an opinion just a fact
Amen  same here.

I'm assuming this is a bit, and I don't think many are getting it.

Veritas Arkansas

Ok, but here's your problem - all of those lists are "opinion."  Not fact.

I loved NWA.  Nothing bad about it.  But I just prefer Central Arkansas.

And as for Little Rock not being on any of those lists, well, you're just wrong.:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2013/jul/25/little-rock-tops-kiplingers-top-places-live/

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 03:34:22 pm
I think you should re read what i posted paying close attention to the last half of the last sentence.

Fact of the matter is i am not doing any of what you claim.  Do i know first hand that NWA is better in virtually every measurable way to virtually any other place in Arkansas?  Yes i do because i have lived in so many places in AR.  If all of AR was like NWA we would be one of the top 5 states in the Union, instead one of the bottom 5 that is another fact for all of you.

The rest of AR should be trying to be like NWA unless you enjoy failure and ignorance. if that is the case well to each his own i suppose.

Ok, that's the thing though.  I've also lived in Central Arkansas, the River Valley, NWA, and have spent a good time in the Delta because half of my family is from there.

And out of all of them, I think Central Arkansas is the best.  And that's just my opinion, nothing more.

But I'm not sitting here throwing mud at the wall and putting down the rest of the state by stating my opinion.

311Hog

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on May 14, 2014, 03:57:14 pm
Ok, that's the thing though.  I've also lived in Central Arkansas, the River Valley, NWA, and have spent a good time in the Delta because half of my family is from there.

And out of all of them, I think Central Arkansas is the best.  And that's just my opinion, nothing more.

But I'm not sitting here throwing mud at the wall and putting down the rest of the state by stating my opinion.

But it isn't an opinion.  Look at financial data, look at crime rates, look at property values, look at the schools.  Pretty much anything, if i was being sentimental or "nationalistic"  i would pick SW AR in a heart beat but i am stating something based on what i see with my eyes, and what my kids see.

If i wanted to increase my chance of being shot or robbed i would move back to Central AR. I am not putting down anyone if it really bothered people when they heard negative facts about themselves they should do something about it, or else what more can be said?

pigture perfect

As an avid outdoorsman, give me the area between Berryville and Batesville. I consider that as North Central Arkansas. You can find anything you want from there to satisfy sportsmen. 23 years ago, I went to Bella Vista to snag a bride. She couldn't wait to move to the River Valley. I like NWA, just not the false pride of it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RNHog

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 04:15:41 pm
But it isn't an opinion.  Look at financial data, look at crime rates, look at property values, look at the schools.  Pretty much anything, if i was being sentimental or "nationalistic"  i would pick SW AR in a heart beat but i am stating something based on what i see with my eyes, and what my kids see.

If i wanted to increase my chance of being shot or robbed i would move back to Central AR. I am not putting down anyone if it really bothered people when they heard negative facts about themselves they should do something about it, or else what more can be said?

I have lived in Central Arkansas and South Arkansas. Never have I tried to be robbed or shot at. Just another stupid assessment.

RNHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 14, 2014, 04:17:31 pm
As an avid outdoorsman, give me the area between Berryville and Batesville. I consider that as North Central Arkansas. You can find anything you want from there to satisfy sportsmen. 23 years ago, I went to Bella Vista to snag a bride. She couldn't wait to move to the River Valley. I like NWA, just not the false pride of it.

Bingo. The false pride.

311Hog

Quote from: RNHog on May 14, 2014, 04:21:58 pm
I have lived in Central Arkansas and South Arkansas. Never have I tried to be robbed or shot at. Just another stupid assessment.

but that is my point it seems i have to talk real slow for you to be able to comprehend english.  no one tries to get shot or robbed yet it seems to happen with insane frequency in the greater Little Rock area. 

Let me ask you something are there places in Little Rock you won't go after dark?  Let me give you a hint you bet your sweet ace there are.  There are no such places in the Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville area.

311Hog

Quote from: RNHog on May 14, 2014, 04:22:50 pm
Bingo. The false pride.

alot of that "false pride" comes from people who have never lived anywhere else they have no perspective for what others experience.  that is what i was talking about in my first post the one you quoted yet did not read fully that there is JUSTIFIED hate for these people.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 04:15:41 pm

Yes, it is an opinion.  There is no doubt about it.

And notice how you can't state your opinion without running down Central Arkansas. 

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 04:24:42 pm
but that is my point it seems i have to talk real slow for you to be able to comprehend english.  no one tries to get shot or robbed yet it seems to happen with insane frequency in the greater Little Rock area. 

Let me ask you something are there places in Little Rock you won't go after dark?  Let me give you a hint you bet your sweet ace there are.  There are no such places in the Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville area.

Please believe there are those places in Fayetteville, Springdale, and Rogers...

RNHog

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 04:24:42 pm

Dude there are places in Haskell and Traskwood arkansas that I won't go after dark. Just like there are places in Fayetteville that I wouldn't go after dark. Same as in Rogers or Springdale. Heck, You couldn't pay me to get lost up there in the hills around some of those hillbilly towns. Start hearing banjos in the background.

And I have spent time up there with college friends. There is plenty of crime to get into. It's just "different" when NWA people do it.

Little Rock is a CITY. Crime happens in EVERY CITY in America. Fact. Let up there keep growing. It will come, then where are all you flighters going to go?

311Hog

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on May 14, 2014, 04:28:13 pm
Please believe there are those places in Fayetteville, Springdale, and Rogers...

umm no there aren't there isn't a place in NWA i wouldn't wear a money suit at 2 am there is no comparison between the "bad parts of town" in these two locations it isn't even close and to suggest otherwise is laughable.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 04:29:44 pm
umm no there aren't there isn't a place in NWA i wouldn't wear a money suit at 2 am there is no comparison between the "bad parts of town" in these two locations it isn't even close and to suggest otherwise is laughable.

Just because you don't see them/haven't been there doesnt' mean they don't exist.

I used to do a lot of campaigning in that area when I was in college.  There were places I felt uneasy during the middle of the afternoon.

311Hog

Quote from: RNHog on May 14, 2014, 04:29:17 pm
Dude there are places in Haskell and Traskwood arkansas that I won't go after dark. Just like there are places in Fayetteville that I wouldn't go after dark. Same as in Rogers or Springdale. Heck, You couldn't pay me to get lost up there in the hills around some of those hillbilly towns. Start hearing banjos in the background.

And I have spent time up there with college friends. There is plenty of crime to get into. It's just "different" when NWA people do it.

Little Rock is a CITY. Crime happens in EVERY CITY in America. Fact. Let up there keep growing. It will come, then where are all you flighters going to go?

so let me get this straight you are trying to compare, going miles and miles into the woods and possibly stumbling upon some dueling banjo's type situation?  to anyone of the many homicides that go down on a daily basis in teh rock? lol i will back away now if you feel like the crime situations in these two locations are even in the same universe.

RNHog

You are just as ignorant if you don't think crime isn't up there. The Washington and Benton county police reports you can read online paint a different picture. But believe what you want, It's "different". Hate to tell you, but NWA is just as much as the Arkansas woods as anywhere else.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: 311Hog on May 14, 2014, 04:32:31 pm

so let me get this straight you are trying to compare, going miles and miles into the woods and possibly stumbling upon some dueling banjo's type situation?  to anyone of the many homicides that go down on a daily basis in teh rock? lol i will back away now if you feel like the crime situations in these two locations are even in the same universe.

On a daily basis?

Daily?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

How many homicides do you think the city had last year?

RNHog

Daily huh? No murder has happened today while I am working here in LR.

311Hog

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on May 14, 2014, 04:35:43 pm
On a daily basis?

Daily?

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Little-Rock-Arkansas.html

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Fayetteville-Arkansas.html

There you go see for yourself.  Dwi and weed arrests do not compare to assault and murder sorry.  Central AR comes in at TWICE the crime rate of NWA and twice the national average oddly enough...  but it is awesome amirite?

conwaycarl

Then you have missed some. Conway has made several of them, just saying. It is fast becoming the technology leader of Arkansas.

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on May 14, 2014, 04:35:43 pm
On a daily basis?

Daily?

There are certainly high crime areas of Little Rock.  If you live here, you can go decades and never go near one of those areas.  If you live in West Little Rock, it is every bit as safe and nice as the nicest areas of NWA. 

RNHog

What an idiot.

To a judge when you commit a crime it is.