Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's Draft History and Recruiting rankings

Started by JackJohnson, May 12, 2014, 11:53:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsalot

Quote from: Razorbax on May 13, 2014, 10:24:14 pm
I guess it does take a scientific rocket to understand consistency....If you use this draft class to make some point about CBB, and use the logic of them being his recruits....You should apply the same consistency and give the credit for the first few classes to Alvarez. As for his recruiting rankings and what not.....Maybe you can celebrate every year with Texas when they pass out the trophies for recruiting or pound your chest about the NFL draft........I prefer wins on the field.

You do realize his classes that he signed,regardless of rankings, had more draftees than Alvarez right....  In fact his first two classes he signed had as many draftees as the 3 he inherited from Alvarez.

Razorbax

Still doesn't change the fact consistency was not used. Instead of worrying about Wisconsin, you as a self described Hog fan, should be concerned with the fact that we tied for the third most players drafted in the SEC and still didn't win a game in conference. 0-8 is not a magical number.
Quote from: hawgsalot on May 13, 2014, 10:42:50 pm
You do realize his classes that he signed,regardless of rankings, had more draftees than Alvarez right....  In fact his first two classes he signed had as many draftees as the 3 he inherited from Alvarez.

longbore

Arkansas     Conference rank       National rank         (Rivals)   

2009                   7                            16
2010                  12                           49
2011                   9                            24
2012                  12                           34
2013                  12                           27
2014                  11                           29

Wisconsin    Conference rank       National rank         (Rivals)

2006                  8                            40
2007                  7                            34
2008                  6                            41
2009                  8                            43
2010                 11                           88
2011                  7                            40
2012                  8                            57

three hog night

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 13, 2014, 05:43:27 pm
He outperformed us in recruiting, developed talent and wins and is currently recruiting at a higher level than he ever did at Wisconsin. Our future, though it may be hard to see at this point, is bright, IMO.

Bingo.  2015 is going to be a year to change minds
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hawgsalot

May 14, 2014, 09:01:42 am #54 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:43:41 pm by hawgsalot
Quote from: Razorbax on May 13, 2014, 11:35:44 pm
Still doesn't change the fact consistency was not used. Instead of worrying about Wisconsin, you as a self described Hog fan, should be concerned with the fact that we tied for the third most players drafted in the SEC and still didn't win a game in conference. 0-8 is not a magical number.

Wow bax your quite the poster, now I'm worried about whiskey since we're talking about CBB's draft history?   Oh and your right those late round kicker and fullback picks should have put us over the top in the sec....If you're really that short sided or that intent to try to turn something that is a very positive sign for us  razorback fans,  into a negative, then it's really not worth responding to you.  I know you love gussy, we get it but please let's stop with the trying to turn anything positive CBB has done and MIGHT do, into a negative.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorbax on May 13, 2014, 09:54:06 pm
By the same token, shouldn't the first 4~5 draft classes be credited to Alvarez?

OK, let's do that. Let's say that, because Bielema took over at Wisconsin in 2006, that we give credit to Alavarez for the 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 NFL Draftees from Wisconsin. That's a total of 11 or 2.8 per year on average.

But, if we do that, then we also need to give credit to Bielema for the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Draftees from Wisconsin, which is a total of 19 or an average of 4.8 per year.
Go Hogs Go!

Razorbax

Worried about Whiskey? Try Vodka, they can't smell it on your breath at work. As for a being a "fan of gussy"? You should pay better attention. I think Gus is dirty.....Besides, I don't do the cult of personality thing....I am a fan of the University of Arkansas....Not CBB, CBP, HDN or Gus. I also don't try to vicariously relive what CBB did in Wisconsin. If CBB wins in the SEC, he keeps his job...If he doesn't, we find a new coach. Simple as that.
Quote from: hawgsalot on May 14, 2014, 09:01:42 am
Wow bax your quite the poster, now I'm worried about whiskey since we're talking about CBB's draft history?   Oh and your right those late round kicker and fullback picks should have put us over the top in the sec....If you're really that short sided or that intent to try to turn something that is a very positive sign for us  razorback fans,  into a negative, then it's really not worth responding to you.  I know you love gussy, we get it but please let's stop with the trying to turn anything positive CBB has done and MIGHT do, into a negative.

Razorbax

Wow, he finished 7-5 with all that NFL talent? Playing only one team in the regular season in the top top 25 (Nebraska # 20) and all he could managed was a 7-5 record....I think Arkansas State played more ranked teams in the regular season than Wisky.......Is that what they call doing less with more?
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 14, 2014, 04:27:41 pm
OK, let's do that. Let's say that, because Bielema took over at Wisconsin in 2006, that we give credit to Alavarez for the 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 NFL Draftees from Wisconsin. That's a total of 11 or 2.8 per year on average.

But, if we do that, then we also need to give credit to Bielema for the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Draftees from Wisconsin, which is a total of 19 or an average of 4.8 per year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorbax on May 14, 2014, 05:11:30 pm
Wow, he finished 7-5 with all that NFL talent? Playing only one team in the regular season in the top top 25 (Nebraska # 20) and all he could managed was a 7-5 record....I think Arkansas State played more ranked teams in the regular season than Wisky.......Is that what they call doing less with more?

I was responding to your earlier request to remove Bielema's first four draft classes and credit those to Alavarez. I did that and obviously you didn't get the results that you expected as Bielema out-produced Alavarez in the draft under your "requested" scenario.

Secondly, Bielema never went 7-5 in a single season at Wisconsin, regardless of to whom you credit those seasons. You can't credit the seasons to Bielema and not give him credit for classes that he coached, even if they were recruited and signed by a different coach. Conversely, if you want to make him responsible for the outcome of seasons since he took over, you have to also give him credit for coaching signing classes that he inherited.

You can't have it both ways. Pick one methodology and stick to it. If one or the other doesn't work out as you want it to, that's just the way it is.
Go Hogs Go!

The 2012 season for Coach B at Wisconsin had a regular season of 7-5 with loses to Ore St, Nebraska, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State.  So a 7-5 regular season.  Wisky played Neb again in the conference championship game and hammered them 70-31 for the Conference Championship.  BB moved on to us and Alverez took them to the BCS game and lost.

The third of BBs 3 conference championships went like this.  7-5 regular season record.
His team beat N. Iowa, Utah St., UTEP, and scored conference victories over a 2-10 Illinois, a 6-6 Minn who lost its bowl, a 6-6 Purdue who lost its bowl, and a 4-8 Indiana for 7 victories.  They then played Nebraska for the second time that season and beat a 10-2 Neb team 70-31 at Indianapolis for the conference championship.  To get to the championship game in 2012, their 4 conference victories were over teams with a combined regular season record of 18-30.
They had lost to Neb on September 29 at Neb 30-27 and then beat them 70-31 on 12-1-12 for the championship.  That is how Wisconsin went to a BCS bowl in early 2013 and lost under Alverez.  That record would get you a mid-minor bowl invite in the SEC every year.

Razorbax

No, what I wanted was consistency. The originator of this thread wanted the NFL draft picks this year to count as CBB's because he recruited them. He also wanted to count Alvarez's recruits drafted as CBB's draft picks because he coached them. I pointed out the inconsistency in the method. I also drew no conclusions. Therefore, results in either direction had no impact in my statement....Or is your reading comprehension better than mine and you can point out where I drew a conclusion? I'll wait for your post with quotes pertaining to my conclusions.

Never went 7-5? Let me help    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Wisconsin+Football+2012+schedule
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 14, 2014, 05:34:41 pm
I was responding to your earlier request to remove Bielema's first four draft classes and credit those to Alavarez. I did that and obviously you didn't get the results that you expected as Bielema out-produced Alavarez in the draft under your "requested" scenario.

Secondly, Bielema never went 7-5 in a single season at Wisconsin, regardless of to whom you credit those seasons. You can't credit the seasons to Bielema and not give him credit for classes that he coached, even if they were recruited and signed by a different coach. Conversely, if you want to make him responsible for the outcome of seasons since he took over, you have to also give him credit for coaching signing classes that he inherited.

You can't have it both ways. Pick one methodology and stick to it. If one or the other doesn't work out as you want it to, that's just the way it is.

#1Fan

Quote from: 12247 on May 14, 2014, 07:40:03 pm
The third of BBs 3 conference championships went like this.  7-5 regular season record.
His team beat N. Iowa, Utah St., UTEP, and scored conference victories over a 2-10 Illinois, a 6-6 Minn who lost its bowl, a 6-6 Purdue who lost its bowl, and a 4-8 Indiana for 7 victories.  They then played Nebraska for the second time that season and beat a 10-2 Neb team 70-31 at Indianapolis for the conference championship.  To get to the championship game in 2012, their 4 conference victories were over teams with a combined regular season record of 18-30.
They had lost to Neb on September 29 at Neb 30-27 and then beat them 70-31 on 12-1-12 for the championship.  That is how Wisconsin went to a BCS bowl in early 2013 and lost under Alverez.  That record would get you a mid-minor bowl invite in the SEC every year.

And he would have lost the Utah State game if their field goal kicker hadn't missed a 37 yarder as time expired.

blu

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on May 12, 2014, 02:33:17 pm
Good research. The only thing I see that is on the surface concerning is the lack of offensive skill players. Lets of OL and defensive guys. A few RB's, but not a lot of secondary or WR/QB's.

Fortunately, our state produces pretty good skill position players - at least on the offensive side of the ball. We've had nationally recruited RBs, QBs, TEs and WRs currently and in the recent past.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorbax on May 14, 2014, 07:54:19 pm

Never went 7-5? Let me help    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Wisconsin+Football+2012+schedule

Speaking of an apparent lack of reading comprehension, I'm glad you brought that up because both the link that you provided and the one I am providing, reflect an 8-6 season for Wisconsin in 2012. But by all means you carry on telling everyone else that they are wrong.

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?year=2012&org=796
Go Hogs Go!

Razorbax

LOL....lets omit your ignorance on the 7-5 regular season during CBB's last year.....Now you want to try another tact....Can't blame you when you get slapped down on your "facts" you run and try a different argument....But I'll try to "clarify" this one. Remember the original quote by me of : "Wow, he finished 7-5 with all that NFL talent? Playing only one team in the regular season in the top top 25 (Nebraska # 20) and all he could managed was a 7-5 record....I think Arkansas State played more ranked teams in the regular season than Whisky.......Is that what they call doing less with more?" You notice the words regular season used twice in my quote? Made it easier for you by placing it in bold....You see, it is called context and consistency.When making comparisons, pretty much everyone plays a regular season schedule, only a minority plays a conference championship or bowl. Hence it is easier to make comparisons. Like the Astate comparison on playing top 25. If you knew Whisky's 2012 season as well as you pretended to, you would have known I was talking about the regular season because Whisky played 1 ranked team in the regular season. If I wanted to include post/championship game and Bowl, they would have played 3 ranked teams. Besides, if you are a fan of college football, you will see 7-5 equals 12 and you had to have known it was only the regular season record...Or did you not know normal regular season schedule consist of 11 to 12 games? Thank you for playing.....
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 15, 2014, 05:28:35 am
Speaking of an apparent lack of reading comprehension, I'm glad you brought that up because both the link that you provided and the one I am providing, reflect an 8-6 season for Wisconsin in 2012. But by all means you carry on telling everyone else that they are wrong.

hawgsalot

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 15, 2014, 05:28:35 am

What I love about these guys that try to turn everything CBB has done into a negative, is that they point only to his last season, what about the season before that?  What about when he beat one of ARs most talented teams.  We laugh at the b10 yet we can't ever beat the B10 teams in bowl games.  At some point we need to actually beat one of those horrible big 10 teams and quit living off our SEC bretheren.  Your wasting your time with BAX he's dedicated to his cause to a fault.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: #1Fan on May 14, 2014, 07:59:16 pm
And he would have lost the Utah State game if their field goal kicker hadn't missed a 37 yarder as time expired.
yeah, you don't want to play the "what if" game with that team. They lost 3 games in OT and lost two other games by three points. "What if" Paul Chryst didn't go to Pitt that year?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

#1Fan

Quote from: ReddieHawg on May 15, 2014, 11:35:59 am
yeah, you don't want to play the "what if" game with that team. They lost 3 games in OT and lost two other games by three points. "What if" Paul Chryst didn't go to Pitt that year?

They may have gone undefeated.

Jek Tono Porkins

870hogfan

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: #1Fan on May 15, 2014, 01:06:13 pm
Right over your head.
No, didn't go over my head. You're saying that Paul Chryst was the reason for Bielema's success and when he left the team went to hell.

I say that anytime a defensive-minded coach loses his long-time offensive coordinator, you can expect a dip in offensive production, especially if you aren't at a program that is capable of pulling in highly-rated recruits on a consistent basis.

Razorbax

I have never seen a hog fan enjoy pointing out our losses as much as you do.... A loss against UM we should have lost and a loss against Whisky we should have won...All under the coaching genius known as HDN. A vacated game by a team that cheated you keep bringing up because you seem to enjoy any prospect of a loss by Arkansas. A vacated game for rules breaking that forced OSU in 2012 to be ineligible (Along with PSU) that allowed Whisky to win their division despite finishing third in their division.....You still brag about the three conference championships for Whisky, yet you refuse to give the same courtesy to the team you pretend to support.  Hawgsalot....Not the team...just the dinner table must be your motto. #karma
Quote from: hawgsalot on May 15, 2014, 10:53:15 am
What I love about these guys that try to turn everything CBB has done into a negative, is that they point only to his last season, what about the season before that?  What about when he beat one of ARs most talented teams.  We laugh at the b10 yet we can't ever beat the B10 teams in bowl games.  At some point we need to actually beat one of those horrible big 10 teams and quit living off our SEC bretheren.  Your wasting your time with BAX he's dedicated to his cause to a fault.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Razorbax on May 15, 2014, 01:49:09 pm
I have never seen a hog fan enjoy pointing out our losses as much as you do.... A loss against UM we should have lost and a loss against Whisky we should have won...All under the coaching genius known as HDN. A vacated game by a team that cheated you keep bringing up because you seem to enjoy any prospect of a loss by Arkansas. A vacated game for rules breaking that forced OSU in 2012 to be ineligible (Along with PSU) that allowed Whisky to win their division despite finishing third in their division.....You still brag about the three conference championships for Whisky, yet you refuse to give the same courtesy to the team you pretend to support.  Hawgsalot....Not the team...just the dinner table must be your motto. #karma
My problem with the people that love to point out that Wisconsin's 2012 team got to the championship game despite being third in their division ignore the fact that they won it fair and square in 2011 and 2010. In fact in 2010 they thunderpunched the same Ohio State team that we lost to in the Sugar Bowl.

The Big Ten isn't as good as the SEC. Everyone knows that. But it ain't no cakewalk either. The point is that Arkansas has a competent, established head coach that basically took a demotion to come here and as fans, we just need to shut up, support the team, and give Bielema time to build the program.

Not to mention that he has a $12.8 million buyout until the end of 2015, the university can't afford to fire him until the end of 2018, and if he shows significant improvement he'll be getting a contract extension. So there's that.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ReddieHawg on May 15, 2014, 02:00:48 pm
Not to mention that he has a $12.8 million buyout until the end of 2015, the university can't afford to fire him until the end of 2018, and if he shows significant improvement he'll be getting a contract extension. So there's that.

You hear that? Thats the sound of people taking out their pens and writing pretty please letters to Tyson, Walmart and Lindsey to buy his contract out in a year...

Keep me posted on how thats gonna work.
This is my non-signature signature.

Razorbax

Reddie, on another board (Hawgsalot is a member of it also) I have said repeatedly that CBB will have a minimum of four and quite possibly 5 because this is Jeff Long's neck on the line. So no one, that is sane, is advocating that CBB be fired after year one or two. Also, if you reread what was written in this thread by me, I do not denigrate what he did in 2011 or 2010. I happen to have the belief and rankings/ records will bear it out is the fact the Big10 has been down since 2006.   
Quote from: ReddieHawg on May 15, 2014, 02:00:48 pm
My problem with the people that love to point out that Wisconsin's 2012 team got to the championship game despite being third in their division ignore the fact that they won it fair and square in 2011 and 2010. In fact in 2010 they thunderpunched the same Ohio State team that we lost to in the Sugar Bowl.

The Big Ten isn't as good as the SEC. Everyone knows that. But it ain't no cakewalk either. The point is that Arkansas has a competent, established head coach that basically took a demotion to come here and as fans, we just need to shut up, support the team, and give Bielema time to build the program.

Razorbax

Since no one on this thread is advocating any termination, it must be time to change the batteries in your hearing aid.
Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on May 15, 2014, 02:04:08 pm
You hear that? Thats the sound of people taking out their pens and writing pretty please letters to Tyson, Walmart and Lindsey to buy his contract out in a year...

Keep me posted on how thats gonna work.

Steef

I have never seen a hog fan enjoy pointing out our losses as much as you do....

You must not visit here much.

Hogville has at LEAST a dozen of those.

hawgsalot

LOL now I don't support the hogs even you know that's BS and your doing your best to to stir the pot.  Looks like you've already agreed winning the big 10 championship 3 years in a row is quite the accomplishment so now Im confused why you didn't just say so earlier.  Instead you derailed another good thread into a bunch of different stupid arguments and ofcourse the internet tough guy crap, your not a real fan because you said we lost to OSU and Wiskey didn't crap.

Razorbax

LOL...Naw, old timer here...I frequented KARK board before Booth Rand first opened the Pigpen....Was Woopigging before the split that created Hogville. One of the last non-sunshine pumpers on HI. I just want to win.....I hate losing.
Quote from: steefhog on May 15, 2014, 02:26:32 pm
You must not visit here much.

Hogville has at LEAST a dozen of those.

Razorbax

LOL now I don't support the hogs even you know that's BS and your doing your best to to stir the pot.  Close your eyes and repeat after me.........I must not celebrate losses to other teams (caveat, you can continue to call the vacated win an OSU's victory if you change your moniker to buckeyesalot) ...I must try to be fair and if I celebrate with Whisky fans on the 3 conference championships with one being the results of rules breaking by OSU, I must not count the bowl game vacated for the same rules breaking.....
Looks like you've already agreed winning the big 10 championship 3 years in a row is quite the accomplishment so now Im confused why you didn't just say so earlier. The only correct thing in your sentence is you being confused....Where are you pulling this from? I really do not need your help in making things up. Instead you derailed another good thread into a bunch of different stupid arguments and ofcourse the internet tough guy crap Ahh, I see your confusion...."Internet tough guy crap" You are confused.....Let me educate you...If I said I was going to kick your A$$ because you continually make up things about what I said or tell you to meet me at the parking lot of War Memorial stadium, I would be a internet tough guy. If I told you I will beat you up because you are a bloviating fabricator, I would be an internet tough guy.... Questioning your sanity/intelligence/fandom would only mean I am observant. , your not a real fan because you said we lost to OSU and Wiskey didn't crap.[/i].I would respond but I really don't know what you are trying to say..

Quote from: hawgsalot on May 15, 2014, 02:44:41 pm
LOL now I don't support the hogs even you know that's BS and your doing your best to to stir the pot.  Looks like you've already agreed winning the big 10 championship 3 years in a row is quite the accomplishment so now Im confused why you didn't just say so earlier.  Instead you derailed another good thread into a bunch of different stupid arguments and ofcourse the internet tough guy crap, your not a real fan because you said we lost to OSU and Wiskey didn't crap

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorbax on May 15, 2014, 08:47:04 am
LOL....lets omit your ignorance on the 7-5 regular season during CBB's last year.....Now you want to try another tact....Can't blame you when you get slapped down on your "facts" you run and try a different argument....But I'll try to "clarify" this one. Remember the original quote by me of : "Wow, he finished 7-5 with all that NFL talent? Playing only one team in the regular season in the top top 25 (Nebraska # 20) and all he could managed was a 7-5 record....I think Arkansas State played more ranked teams in the regular season than Whisky.......Is that what they call doing less with more?" You notice the words regular season used twice in my quote? Made it easier for you by placing it in bold....You see, it is called context and consistency.When making comparisons, pretty much everyone plays a regular season schedule, only a minority plays a conference championship or bowl. Hence it is easier to make comparisons. Like the Astate comparison on playing top 25. If you knew Whisky's 2012 season as well as you pretended to, you would have known I was talking about the regular season because Whisky played 1 ranked team in the regular season. If I wanted to include post/championship game and Bowl, they would have played 3 ranked teams. Besides, if you are a fan of college football, you will see 7-5 equals 12 and you had to have known it was only the regular season record...Or did you not know normal regular season schedule consist of 11 to 12 games? Thank you for playing.....

Look, I got it, you like to slice and dice stats to fit your particular agenda and when someone counters with facts that any normal person would in the course of a normal conversation, you want to pick out only those parts that help make your point. That is called, having an agenda.

You have a nice day.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgsalot

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 15, 2014, 04:24:54 pm
Look, I got it, you like to slice and dice stats to fit your particular agenda and when someone counters with facts that any normal person would in the course of a normal conversation, you want to pick out only those parts that help make your point. That is called, having an agenda.

You have a nice day.
+1

Razorbax

Ahh...The ole you have an agenda....Yes I do......So do you and pretty much everyone else that posted on this thread. Difference between you and I is I admit I have one. You do realize there are many persuasive posts on this board and by definition they have an agenda. You, by the nature of the post on this thread is agenda driven. By responding to me directly, you have an agenda.....You too have a nice day.
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 15, 2014, 04:24:54 pm

You have a nice day.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorbax on May 15, 2014, 06:38:39 pm
Ahh...The ole you have an agenda....Yes I do......So do you and pretty much everyone else that posted on this thread. Difference between you and I is I admit I have one. You do realize there are many persuasive posts on this board and by definition they have an agenda. You, by the nature of the post on this thread is agenda driven. By responding to me directly, you have an agenda.....You too have a nice day.

I have no agenda. I present facts. Facts don't need agendas, they simply present true historical data that proves the point in the absence of an agenda, unlike your point.
Go Hogs Go!

Razorbax

Of course not...All of your opinions are fact based and your motives are the as pure as newly fallen snow......Except, when others point out facts like CBB's record his last season...So you straw your way to arguing if the post season game should be mentioned......Classic........Delusional, full of it and totally wrong. A trifecta without effort.....Some are just born with the gift I suppose. 
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 15, 2014, 07:16:47 pm
I have no agenda. I present facts. Facts don't need agendas, they simply present true historical data that proves the point in the absence of an agenda, unlike your point.

Razorbax

Was this one of your non agenda facts? [i]"Secondly, Bielema never went 7-5 in a single season at Wisconsin, regardless of to whom you credit those seasons".[/i] Or are you going to weasel out by claiming we have to count post season record and it was really 8-6?
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 15, 2014, 07:16:47 pm

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Razorbax on May 14, 2014, 05:11:30 pm
I hope you're not talking about 2012 when they played #6 Ohio ST into OT.

AGENDA.

Razorbax

redeye

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redeye on May 16, 2014, 01:21:55 am
RD posted this link on his twitter and some may find it relevant to this discussion:

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2014/05/12/2014-nfl-draft-efficiency-rankings/

Nice article. Thanks for posting that.

Here's a few select teams and the number of draft picks that they have had by round since 1998.

Rd         LSU    Alabama    Arkansas    Georgia    Wisconsin   Auburn    Boise State
1           17         19             6             16            13           12             4
2           13         12             6             11             6            10             5
3           17          8              7             15            13            5              2
4           11          7              8             17            11            6              0
5            8          17             5             10             7             3              5
6            9           4              6             9             14            10             5
7           15          10            12            16             6             8              5

Total      90         76             50            94            70            54            26
Go Hogs Go!

Steef

#1Fan

Quote from: Razorbax on May 15, 2014, 10:22:36 pm
I stand corrected. On Wisconsin's Wiki page, Ohio State shows up as unranked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Wisconsin_Badgers_football_team
Since Ohio State was ineligible for a BSC bowl in 2012, they were not ranked in the BCS Poll or the Coaches Poll.  Other polls did rank them.

hawgsalot

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 16, 2014, 06:02:51 am
Nice article. Thanks for posting that.

Here's a few select teams and the number of draft picks that they have had by round since 1998.

Rd         LSU    Alabama    Arkansas    Georgia    Wisconsin   Auburn    Boise State
1           17         19             6             16            13           12             4
2           13         12             6             11             6            10             5
3           17          8              7             15            13            5              2
4           11          7              8             17            11            6              0
5            8          17             5             10             7             3              5
6            9           4              6             9             14            10             5
7           15          10            12            16             6             8              5

Total      90         76             50            94            70            54            26

Can't wait to see how this is spun as a negative, they're going to have to be created. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgsalot on May 16, 2014, 12:27:02 pm
Can't wait to see how this is spun as a negative, they're going to have to be created. 

Well, let's add more for digestion with regard to draft picks by round from 1998-2014, which should not only be indicative of recruited talent but developed talent as well, at least as far as the NFL views potential drafted talent for their league.

Rd    LSU    Alabama    Arkansas    Georgia    Wisconsin   Auburn    Boise State  OU  Oregon   Texas
1       17        19             6             16            13           12             4          13      6         16
2       13        12             6             11             6            10             5          12     11         8
3       17         8              7             15            13            5              2          12      5         11
4       11         7              8             17            11            6              0           9      10        11
5        8         17             5             10             7             3              5          11      8          4
6        9          4              6             9             14            10             5          10      6          4
7       15         10            12            16             6             8              5          10     10         5

Total  90        76             50            94            70            54            26         77     56        59
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: steefhog on May 16, 2014, 06:56:51 am
Good read. Plus one to you and Muskogee.

Thanks Steef. Look above, I added Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas. I wasn't surprised by Oklahoma, but I did find the results generated by Oregon and Texas to be a little surprising.
Go Hogs Go!

Razorbax

Since you already have the data, can you show the draftees from 2008 on?
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 17, 2014, 06:46:23 am
Thanks Steef. Look above, I added Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas. I wasn't surprised by Oklahoma, but I did find the results generated by Oregon and Texas to be a little surprising.

hawgsalot

Arkansas had 13 draft picks from 2009 - 2013, UW had 24

2009   4   6   106   Jonathan Luigs   C   Cincinnati Bengals   —
2010   5   16   147   Mitch Petrus*   G   New York Giants   Super Bowl champion (
2011   3   10   74   Ryan Mallett   QB   New England Patriots   —
2011   5   10   141   D.J. Williams   TE   Green Bay Packers   —
2011   6   3   168   DeMarcus Love   T   Minnesota Vikings   —
2012   3   27   90   Jake Bequette   DE   New England Patriots   —
2012   4   9   104   Joe Adams   WR   Carolina Panthers   —
2012   4   23   118   Jarius Wright   WR   Minnesota Vikings   —
2012   4   39   134   Greg Childs   WR   Minnesota Vikings   —
2013   3   34   96   Knile Davis   RB   Kansas City Chiefs   —
2013   4   15   112   Tyler Wilson   QB   Oakland Raiders   —
2013   6   29   197   Cobi Hamilton   WR   Cincinnati Bengals   —
2013   7   16   222   Chris Gragg   TE   Buffalo Bills   
Total 13 draft picks from 2009 -2012

Below is Whisky's 24 during the same period.  Much higher draft picks as well...

2009   3   7   71   Matt Shaughnessy   DE   Oakland Raiders   —
2009   3   12   76   DeAndre Levy   LB   Detroit Lions   —
2009   3   15   79   Kraig Urbik   G   Pittsburgh Steelers   —
2009   3   36   100   Travis Beckum†   TE   New York Giants   Super Bowl Champion (XLVI)
2010   4   20   118   Garrett Graham   TE   Houston Texans   —
2010   4   32   130   O'Brien Schofield†   DE   Arizona Cardinals   Super Bowl Champion (XLVIII)
2011   1   11   11   J. J. Watt*[a 23]   DE   Houston Texans   Pro Bowl (2012, 2013)
2011   1   29   29   Gabe Carimi   T   Chicago Bears   —
2011   2   15   47   Lance Kendricks   TE   St. Louis Rams   —
2011   3   11   75   John Moffitt   G   Seattle Seahawks   —
2011   7   49   252   Bill Nagy   C   Dallas Cowboys   —
2012   1   27   27   Kevin Zeitler   G   Cincinnati Bengals   —
2012   2   23   55   Peter Konz   C   Atlanta Falcons   —
2012   3   12   75   Russell Wilson‡   QB   Seattle Seahawks   Pro Bowl
2012   4   27   122   Nick Toon   WR   New Orleans Saints   —
2012   5   22   157   Bradie Ewing   FB   Atlanta Falcons   —
2012   6   37   207   Brad Nortman   P   Carolina Panthers   —
2013   1   31   31   Travis Frederick   C   Dallas Cowboys   —
2013   2   26   58   Montee Ball   RB   Denver Broncos   —
2013   5   35   168   Ricky Wagner   T   Baltimore R

Razorbax

You look at draft history and shake your head....Just how in the world were we able to not only compete, but was arguably the 2nd and 3rd best team in the SEC in 2011 and 2012? No first and no second round picks....MSU in the same period had 2 1sts and 2 2nds...11 total....Ole Miss had 2 1sts and 1 2nd, 10 total..Kentucky had 1 2nd, 13 overall in the same period....Even Vandy had a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder with a total of 10. By all rights we should have been fighting these teams for 9~12 place in the league. If you are looking at the quality of picks (round), maybe the fight should have been for 11th~12th place.
Quote from: hawgsalot on May 17, 2014, 09:40:58 am
Arkansas had 13 draft picks from 2009 - 2013, UW had 24

2009   4   6   106   Jonathan Luigs   C   Cincinnati Bengals   —
2010   5   16   147   Mitch Petrus*   G   New York Giants   Super Bowl champion (
2011   3   10   74   Ryan Mallett   QB   New England Patriots   —
2011   5   10   141   D.J. Williams   TE   Green Bay Packers   —
2011   6   3   168   DeMarcus Love   T   Minnesota Vikings   —
2012   3   27   90   Jake Bequette   DE   New England Patriots   —
2012   4   9   104   Joe Adams   WR   Carolina Panthers   —
2012   4   23   118   Jarius Wright   WR   Minnesota Vikings   —
2012   4   39   134   Greg Childs   WR   Minnesota Vikings   —
2013   3   34   96   Knile Davis   RB   Kansas City Chiefs   —
2013   4   15   112   Tyler Wilson   QB   Oakland Raiders   —
2013   6   29   197   Cobi Hamilton   WR   Cincinnati Bengals   —
2013   7   16   222   Chris Gragg   TE   Buffalo Bills   
Total 13 draft picks from 2009 -2012

Below is Whisky's 24 during the same period.  Much higher draft picks as well...

2009   3   7   71   Matt Shaughnessy   DE   Oakland Raiders   —
2009   3   12   76   DeAndre Levy   LB   Detroit Lions   —
2009   3   15   79   Kraig Urbik   G   Pittsburgh Steelers   —
2009   3   36   100   Travis Beckum†   TE   New York Giants   Super Bowl Champion (XLVI)
2010   4   20   118   Garrett Graham   TE   Houston Texans   —
2010   4   32   130   O'Brien Schofield†   DE   Arizona Cardinals   Super Bowl Champion (XLVIII)
2011   1   11   11   J. J. Watt*[a 23]   DE   Houston Texans   Pro Bowl (2012, 2013)
2011   1   29   29   Gabe Carimi   T   Chicago Bears   —
2011   2   15   47   Lance Kendricks   TE   St. Louis Rams   —
2011   3   11   75   John Moffitt   G   Seattle Seahawks   —
2011   7   49   252   Bill Nagy   C   Dallas Cowboys   —
2012   1   27   27   Kevin Zeitler   G   Cincinnati Bengals   —
2012   2   23   55   Peter Konz   C   Atlanta Falcons   —
2012   3   12   75   Russell Wilson‡   QB   Seattle Seahawks   Pro Bowl
2012   4   27   122   Nick Toon   WR   New Orleans Saints   —
2012   5   22   157   Bradie Ewing   FB   Atlanta Falcons   —
2012   6   37   207   Brad Nortman   P   Carolina Panthers   —
2013   1   31   31   Travis Frederick   C   Dallas Cowboys   —
2013   2   26   58   Montee Ball   RB   Denver Broncos   —