Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB yards prediction

Started by Prestworthy, May 11, 2014, 11:12:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

How many yards for each RB this season?

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

HogFanatic

Williams - 1,200
Collins - 1,100
Marshall - 1,000

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

razorbackfanatic

Williams- 224- 1,127yds, 5.03ypc, 11-td's. 26rec- 282yds, 2-td's.
Collins- 217- 1,134yds, 5.22ypc, 8-td's. 18rec- 196yds, 1-td.
Marshall- 141- 822yds, 5.82ypc, 7-td's. 16rec- 255yds, 2-td's.
Walker- 48- 186yds, 3.8ypc, 4-td's. 15rec- 77yds, 3-td's.

WBC Hog

J Will- 1000
AC- 1100
Korliss- 600

VirginiaHog

Ac and J will .     Over 1000
Marshall over 800.

GuvHog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 11, 2014, 11:33:29 pm
Williams - 1,200
Collins - 1,100
Marshall - 1,000

That or something close to that MIGHT be possible IF the Hogs have enough of a passing game to keep opposing defenses honest and open up the running game. I have my doubts though. I look for teams to stack the line of scrimmage and force the Hogs to win with the pass.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on May 12, 2014, 03:07:00 am

Solid
This is my non-signature signature.

Legball13

Williams 1240
Marshall 1055
Collins 860

All purpose yards  Williams 1500
                         Marshall 2100
                         Collins  1430

31to6

Quote from: Groß Kriegschwein on May 12, 2014, 09:46:59 am
Solid
That's the rushing stats for a 9-win team.

I think the yardage might look like that, but we will have to throw the ball to get that many rushing TDs.

We will run the ball for a lot of yardage. We had 2500 yards in a 3-9 season. But without a passing game a lot of those TDs will be FG attempts as the drives stall out around the 25 yard line.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 31to6 on May 12, 2014, 09:52:56 am
That's the rushing stats for a 9-win team.

I think the yardage might look like that, but we will have to throw the ball to get that many rushing TDs.

We will run the ball for a lot of yardage. We had 2500 yards in a 3-9 season. But without a passing game a lot of those TDs will be FG attempts as the drives stall out around the 25 yard line.

Only a 9 win season if our defense stops the other teams. Just sayin. Dig the ID. Great game we played to that score.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Groß Kriegschwein on May 12, 2014, 09:46:59 am
Solid
Meh, needs more decimal places.

weresoclose

One of our horses might have a season-ending injury, I just have a feeling, so that could open the door for a productive season from one of the two remaining primary backs.  Otherwise, it's possible none of them see 1k.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: weresoclose on May 12, 2014, 10:13:21 am
One of our horses might have a season-ending injury, I just have a feeling, so that could open the door for a productive season from one of the two remaining primary backs.  Otherwise, it's possible none of them see 1k.

Spoken like a true ray of sunshine

ldfergu

Marshall - 1600
Williams - 750
Collins -    700

:)

cmphill87

My question is, how often are these guys gonna be on the field at the same time? Like we did with Peyton, Felix, and D-mac. Especially of the offense is one dimensional.
-Chrisky

razorbackfanatic

To get all three on the field one will have to be lined up at receiver in the slot probably. I have a feeling they will use Korliss a lot this season on the end around(jet sweep) like they used Herndon and Hawkins last season.

razorbackfanatic

After going back and looking at last seasons stats, I would have bumped the ypc avg up a bit. Didn't realize AC had 5.4 and Williams was 6.0. I think it will be that good or better for each this season. Td's is probably a little high. But I do believe we are going to surprise some people this season. I'm really excited at the possibilities of this Oline by mid season.

widespreadsooie

J Will- 1300
Collins- 900
Marshall- 800

1highhog

I'm cautiously optimistic about our backs having all close to a 1,000 yd seasons, and I'm speaking of course about JWill-957, Alex Collins-1,147, and a breakout year for Marshall-963.  I'd love it if one of these guys had played QB in high school and we could play packages of having all 3 in the backfield with one of them playing QB, flashback to DMac.

razorbackfanatic

I like the move of Duwop to WR, but it would be nice to have a wildcat type package where he is at QB and we would have the option of him throwing the football. There's so many options in the wildcat if you have a threat of throwing added. U can have Marshall on the end around, hand it to him or fake it, then hand it or fake it to Jwill, AC or Walker up the middle and if the QB still has it he can go around the end or pull up for a throw down field to a streaking Marshall or other receiver. That puts so much stress on the defense, especially the DE's.

razorbackfanatic

Then of course you've got all the options plays u can add to it. Getting AC on the corner in a 1 on 1 situation is an ideal situation with his vision and cutting ability.

PorkRinds

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on May 12, 2014, 12:40:26 pm
I like the move of Duwop to WR, but it would be nice to have a wildcat type package where he is at QB and we would have the option of him throwing the football. There's so many options in the wildcat if you have a threat of throwing added. U can have Marshall on the end around, hand it to him or fake it, then hand it or fake it to Jwill, AC or Walker up the middle and if the QB still has it he can go around the end or pull up for a throw down field to a streaking Marshall or other receiver. That puts so much stress on the defense, especially the DE's.

I like it.  But you could do the same thing with BA could you not?  Sure, he's not gonna do a QB keeper around the end like that but they could use every other part of that play. 

razorbackfanatic

Yes except no keeper around the end or up the middle. So if you ran the option he would have to pitch lol. I don't think Razorback Nation is ready for him to purposely take on SEC defenders or dive out of the way lol.

razorbackfanatic

And with BA's 4.7-4.8 speed the DE's can always stay a little closer to the back and not worry as much about getting beat around the end.

weresoclose

Let's face it, we don't have a philosophy that would allow 3 backs on the same play, which is unfortunate, considering it is our one strength.

PorkSoda

Collins 970
Williams 830
Marshal 450
Peavy 375
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: weresoclose on May 12, 2014, 01:14:18 pm
Let's face it, we don't have a philosophy that would allow 3 backs on the same play, which is unfortunate, considering it is our one strength.
why do we need them all on the field at the same time?  seems like a waste.  trade off keep them fresh, or roll with whoever has the hot hand that game.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bigbadhog

Will 700
Coll 800
Mar 500

Numbers down from last year due to lack of passing game/threat...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

weresoclose

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 12, 2014, 02:19:59 pm
why do we need them all on the field at the same time?  seems like a waste.  trade off keep them fresh, or roll with whoever has the hot hand that game.

Simply, because with our passing game deficiency, creativity with the run/dump/occssional strike game or e en better a read-option scheme with an athlete at QB, but in general with multiple elite playmakers in the backfield and in motion, that IMO could give us the best shot at winning football games.  In essence, a Malzahn or Kelly type offense could be the ticket to our success this season and next.

PorkSoda

Quote from: weresoclose on May 12, 2014, 02:36:03 pm
Simply, because with our passing game deficiency, creativity with the run/dump/occssional strike game or e en better a read-option scheme with an athlete at QB, but in general with multiple elite playmakers in the backfield and in motion, that IMO could give us the best shot at winning football games.  In essence, a Malzahn or Kelly type offense could be the ticket to our success this season and next.
Maybe so, but I just don't think BB is that creative, and I don't think we have the personnel/or guts to run a creative offense.  BB is old school, and will live/die by his philosophy.  I just hope he realizes what he has at RB and doesn't waste it while trying to make BA an all american.

1highhog

If a team like Arkansas came out and played straight up option style Football it'd kill most of today's College teams, especially right off. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 1highhog on May 12, 2014, 03:48:17 pm
If a team like Arkansas came out and played straight up option style Football it'd kill most of today's College teams, especially right off.

I don't know about that. Defenses are very athletic nowadays. They see spread option quite a bit.

PorkSoda

The option is a system that requires a lot of practice and chemistry.  you don't just throw in a couple option plays, unless you want to see a lot of fumbles recovered for TD's

Pork Twain

This looks very realistic.  I think one of our backs will get close to 1300
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

weresoclose

3 backs with 3k combined and over 5 ypc each and with an anemic passing game looks realistic???  Pass that over here brother.

Pork Twain

Quote from: weresoclose on May 12, 2014, 04:37:57 pm
3 backs with 3k combined and over 5 ypc each and with an anemic passing game looks realistic???  Pass that over here brother.

Ok here you go.  Foolish to slam something as unobtainable when it has recently been obtained.

Casey Dick   150   262   1695

Darren McFadden   325   1830   5.6
Felix Jones   133   1162   8.7
Peyton Hillis   62   347   5.6

or

Scott Tolzien   194   266   2459

James White   156   1052   6.7
John Clay   187   1012   5.4
Montee Ball   163   996   6.1

or even

Joel Stave   70   119   1104

Montee Ball   356   1830   5.1
James White   125   806   6.4
Melvin Gordon   62   621   10.0
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

hawgwild child

J-Whizzle 1050
Alec Callans 900
Marsh 550

1highhog

Quote from: Groß Kriegschwein on May 12, 2014, 04:08:44 pm
I don't know about that. Defenses are very athletic nowadays. They see spread option quite a bit.

I'm not talking about just a few plays sprinkled in here and there, I'm talking about a true option, like Nebraska and Oklahoma used to run, thing of beauty when run right.

HogFanatic

Like Georgia Tech?

Ohio State is a primarily option team and they're pretty good, but Meyer is pretty good wherever he goes. Either way you still need a great coach, players to fit the system, and everything else that makes a good team a good team.

I like pro-style offense and I think it is the best fit for Arkansas because our biggest pitch to recruits is going to be the staff's ability to get players to the NFL. The best way to get offensive players to the NFL is to coach them up in an NFL type system.

Bubba's Bruisers

And then we'd have to put our defense on the field.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 12, 2014, 07:21:33 pm
Like Georgia Tech?

Ohio State is a primarily option team and they're pretty good, but Meyer is pretty good wherever he goes. Either way you still need a great coach, players to fit the system, and everything else that makes a good team a good team.

I like pro-style offense and I think it is the best fit for Arkansas because our biggest pitch to recruits is going to be the staff's ability to get players to the NFL. The best way to get offensive players to the NFL is to coach them up in an NFL type system.

Hopefully BB is truly moving to a pro style.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

BatesvilleHOG

I agree. Look at what Gus ( :puke: ) did this last year at Auburn with Marshall and Mason. Auburn's option game was unstoppable. We have a great stable of rb's, young and capable wr's, and a true option QB in Peavy on the team as we speak. 

reddogjcss

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I have a hard time believing three RBs can get to triple digits in the SEC.

1highhog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 12, 2014, 07:21:33 pm
Like Georgia Tech?

I agree that the Pro-Style Offense is what will win games for us, but with a strong O-Line that can run block and 3 great RB's that bring different running styles to the game, we can be devastating on opposing Defenses as long as we can at least have a capable QB that can keep the D from crowding the line.  We have the line, the backs, the TE's I think.  If BA can come through for us, then I have faith that Holister, JoJo Robinson, and Hatcher will help us this year on our receiving Corp.

The_Bionic_Pig

Peavy will most likely steal PT from Brandon midway through the season if Arkansas is pushing bowl eligibility thus:

Williams 1,600 yds (Oline-men Gel beautifully)

Collins 1,400 yds (those ankle tackles work no more with those 15 extra lbs)

Marshall 800 yds & 350+ via screen pass/jet sweep (1150 all purpose)

Peavy 250+ if he gets major PT the final 6 games.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pork Twain

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 13, 2014, 08:09:26 am
Peavy will most likely steal PT from Brandon midway through the season if Arkansas is pushing bowl eligibility thus:

Williams 1,600 yds (Oline-men Gel beautifully)

Collins 1,400 yds (those ankle tackles work no more with those 15 extra lbs)

Marshall 800 yds & 350+ via screen pass/jet sweep (1150 all purpose)

Peavy 250+ if he gets major PT the final 6 games.
This would be amazing

Prestworthy

I may be the only poster who thinks KM will beat out one of the two ahead of him for production this season.