Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Guy Rips Oregon and Dana Altman

Started by WilsonHog, May 09, 2014, 08:54:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhog

Thanks for the link, quite a story.

I never wanted Altman for our coach, I almost threw up when they announced him!

rude1

Tough position for Oregon coaches and administration to be in. Sit the kids and nothing comes of the investigation and you look like you aren't supportive of your kids. Play the kids and later the investigation shows your kids have some level of culpability, then you appear to be winning at all costs. I can see no fault in what the they did, because it's much easier to criticize with the opportunity of hindsight.

latrops

Presumably, this was in the early stages of the "unspecified investigation", meaning it was possibly if not probably unknown where things were heading at the time.  Ultimately, no criminal charges have been or are expected to be filed, though the players involved in the alleged assault have now been dismissed from the school. 

Maybe it is just bad timing.  Had the allegation and investigation begun a couple of weeks or months earlier, eventual suspensions would have taken place at the appropriate time as the specifics became more clear and nobody would have second guessed it.  Because these players participated in the NCAAT after the school was made aware of an investigation, it is easy to say the school was slow to respond.  Had they responded at the same pace during the regular season, it is a non issue.

Paul

Whatever u think of Lou Holtz, he did the right thing

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

maxhog5

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 10, 2014, 07:11:20 pm
Good write-up of a bad situation.

Not really.  It is hatchet job with the writer passing off his assumptions as facts and it fails to mention the district attorney has chosen not to press charges.

Pork Twain

May 10, 2014, 08:59:40 pm #7 Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:06:11 am by Pork Twain
Having dealt with multiple sexual assault cases, this timeline does not surprise me.  It also does not mean that anyone is innocent.  Many victims do not want to come forward for fear of being revictimized, which they usually are.  Their first reaction is to also wash themselves and get the stink of the man off of them.  Unfortunately once they do that it is much more likely to turn into a she said, they said situation.  After seeing first-hand what victims of sexual assault are going through, it is no wonder that their stories do not always match up exactly after such a traumatic experience.  Contrary to what many seem to think, there is absolutely nothing glamorous about claiming to have been raped.  It is also clear that Altman and the Ducks tried to keep it hushed while they played in the tourney.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/05/oregon_basketball_players_rape.html
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

SemperFi

First recruiting violations in football and now this. How long before the NCAA cracks down on Oregon? I know that the NCAA is weak and is driven by money, but how much can one school get away with before the hammer comes down? Absolutely shameful.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

pfrg999

Quote from: maxhog5 on May 10, 2014, 07:38:36 pm
Not really.  It is hatchet job with the writer passing off his assumptions as facts and it fails to mention the district attorney has chosen not to press charges.

Oregon Sucks!!! Altman Sucks, The accused sssssuck... I am glad it's a hatchet job on the UO, I would love it if I never had to hear about them ever again!... However it sounds very similar to Florida State and many other cases.. Let them write hatchet jobs on all of them...
  IMHO District Attorneys are as ethical as every other lawyer or Judge.. For every good one I can show you a bad one... 
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: SemperFi on May 11, 2014, 09:58:02 am
First recruiting violations in football and now this. How long before the NCAA cracks down on Oregon? I know that the NCAA is weak and is driven by money, but how much can one school get away with before the hammer comes down? Absolutely shameful.

Probably never.  This type of stuff happens at several colleges and the NCAA just sits there.  IMO its not just the NCAA at fault its the whole system.  The coaches, university officals and local police/DAs look the other way or try to cover it up, cause all that matters is winning and money.   Sure the NCAA could pass rules saying such and such crime equals this many game suspension, but the schools would cover it up. 

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Paul on May 10, 2014, 08:52:15 am
Whatever u think of Lou Holtz, he did the right thing

The more time passes, the more that becomes obvious.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Very suspicious.  Oregon is certainly having more than its share of bad publicity in the last few years. 

As far as the district attorney not pressing charges.....Sounds like the victim may not want to go through a trial.  Coaches don't usually dismiss multiple players at the same time.... that have been wrongly accused.  Hope the entire truth about this incident comes out before long. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.