Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 and 2019 Arkansas plays Michigan . Should be interesting to play a big ten elite

Started by tophawg19, May 08, 2014, 01:15:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

i wonder if this could change if we go to a 9 sec game schedule ? would love to see us kick their butts and shut the arrogance of the big ten up .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

ZERO

Brady Hoke is turning out to be not what Michigan expected. I wonder if they're even going to keep him through '18 and '19.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

31to6

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 08, 2014, 01:15:36 pm
i wonder if this could change if we go to a 9 sec game schedule ? would love to see us kick their butts and shut the arrogance of the big ten up .
Knowing our luck, there's a Heisman QB playing HS ball in Ann Arbor right now. :P

But, OTOH, in 2018 Ty Storey will be a Senior/RS Junior.

Bring em on.

tophawg19

They are one of the Elite teams i'm glad we get to play . hopefully we are rolling by then . it will do our kids good to get to play in their stadium and i think it will help overall recruiting . that is a huge stadium filled with crazy folks . hopefully we play early enough to avoid bad weather . Our kids don't see that type of cold much .

31to6

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 08, 2014, 01:52:53 pm
They are one of the Elite teams i'm glad we get to play . hopefully we are rolling by then . it will do our kids good to get to play in their stadium and i think it will help overall recruiting . that is a huge stadium filled with crazy folks . hopefully we play early enough to avoid bad weather . Our kids don't see that type of cold much .
Good thing CBB is trying to build a Hummer and not a Ferrari. :)

wupigsuey

I hope we play them late in the year and I hope I get to go. I would love to go to the big house early November maybe with both teams with something big to play for. Long ways off though.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

870hogfan

Quote from: wupigsuey on May 08, 2014, 02:20:37 pm
I hope we play them late in the year and I hope I get to go. I would love to go to the big house early November maybe with both teams with something big to play for. Long ways off though.

I think we open up to them.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: ZERO on May 08, 2014, 01:20:14 pm
Brady Hoke is turning out to be not what Michigan expected. I wonder if they're even going to keep him through '18 and '19.
Probably not. This past year, Hoke had the same record that Rich Rod had when he got fired. He's not going to last long if he keeps doing what he's doing.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Razorhawg09

I will be making the trip to the Big House. In my mind I'm picturing fat women on Harley's everywhere.

tophawg19

this should bring good exposure to Arkansas . we rarely play out of the south . i would love a series with Colorado too

rzrbk4life

Should get us some good exposure playing them. Here's to hoping it's a good game. Go Hogs
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hawgzinbowlz

Great Exposure for the Hogs.

The Wolverines taught ND the game. Great history for college football fans.

Here's to hoping CBB has us dialed in and we lay it on 'em.

With us playing in SEC stadiums/Jerry's World we won't be intimidated by "The Big House".

" GO HOGS "

tophawg19

Hawgzinbowlz

I would bet the farm that CBB would enjoy a win as much as any Razorback Fan.

His old stompin' ground, and he would like stompin' the Hog out of 'em.

" GO HOGS "

Shoat61

Michigan is our sister state under the Compromise of 1820 which required that a slave state (Arkansas) be paired with the admission of a free state (Michigan).  So Arkansas is the 25th state and Michigan is the 26th.  Maybe a special medal can be created for the two teams.  It's an exciting two games.

zane

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on May 08, 2014, 02:34:40 pm
I will be making the trip to the Big House. In my mind I'm picturing fat women on Harley's everywhere.

So you're saying CBP to Michigan after they fire Hoke?

It would be an awesome trip!
RIP LSUfan

Hogarusa

Quote from: wupigsuey on May 08, 2014, 02:20:37 pm

The dates have already been determined.  Week 1, Sept 1, 2018
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

3kgthog

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 08, 2014, 02:38:08 pm
this should bring good exposure to Arkansas . we rarely play out of the south . i would love a series with Colorado too

I'm sure the number of Hog fans traveling to Boulder would be high. Wink wink.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on May 08, 2014, 02:34:40 pm

I've been there before the recent expansion. When I was there it was like a larger WMS. Nothing special. You are correct about the women.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 10, 2014, 10:46:34 am

I'm sure the number of Hog fans traveling to Boulder would be high. Wink wink.

I'm hoping for future games @Colorado, @Washington, and @Washington State, myself.

Arkansas Fan

MTBrookHog

But, but, but we can't play big name schools. We must load our schedule with cup cakes to insure we make a bowl game. Heaven forbid playing a name school that might make us better. Rant over.

31to6

Quote from: MTBrookHog on May 11, 2014, 11:40:51 am
But, but, but we can't play big name schools. We must load our schedule with cup cakes to insure we make a bowl game. Heaven forbid playing a name school that might make us better. Rant over.
We have played LOTS of marquee non-conference match-ups over the years.

I don't like to see us play FCS because it is truly a glorified scrimmage, but a schedule of 8 SEC games, 1 BCS Non-Conf, 1 "good" non-BCS (e.g.: Tulsa or the like) and 2 Sunbelt-caliber teams is fine with me.

I do like to see us play "some Louisiana school not named LSU" every year, for more presence in the state and because they always have a good number of "question mark" and "late bloomer" players that are athletically SEC-caliber.

A Texas school of similar caliber would be good for the same reasons.

LZH

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 08, 2014, 01:15:36 pm
would love to see us kick their butts and shut the arrogance of the big ten up .

I'm most certainly positive that they're saying the very same thing about us and the SEC.

Of course, if they beat us, Jim Rome will again say "you didn't beat the SEC, you just beat Arkansas".