Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas picks up UTEP for 2015

Started by ricepig, May 08, 2014, 01:00:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZERO

Larry Coker has done a pretty good job at UTEP the past two years. Hiring him was an excellent move by their program.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

31to6

"UTEP has also added a non-conference game against the University of the Incarnate Word. "

So that is what it looks like when a rent-a-win rents a win. :P

In seriousness, UTEP will be a good non-conference from a regional perspective.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ZERO on May 08, 2014, 01:05:00 pm
Larry Coker has done a pretty good job at UTEP the past two years. Hiring him was an excellent move by their program.

Coker is at UTSA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Coker

Sean Kugler is at UTEP

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sean_kugler_807211.html

PRORODEO51

It will be interesting to see which game is thrown to Little Rock for 2015. With only 3 home sec games that year since A&M is at Cowboy Stadium, I don't see us playing a conference at Little Rock. Maybe a Texas Tech to appease the fans?

DeltaBoy

When is TX going to stop running and give us our game they owe us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

nextlevel

Quote from: PRORODEO51 on May 08, 2014, 01:45:43 pm
It will be interesting to see which game is thrown to Little Rock for 2015. With only 3 home sec games that year since A&M is at Cowboy Stadium, I don't see us playing a conference at Little Rock. Maybe a Texas Tech to appease the fans?

The game should be against whatever FCS opponent is added to complete the schedule, that is more than LR deserves.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

MTBrookHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 08, 2014, 01:48:23 pm
Kinda sounding like a Red Wolf fan there. Texas has nothing to gain by playing us.

trashcan maN

Quote from: MTBrookHog on May 08, 2014, 01:54:03 pm
Kinda sounding like a Red Wolf fan there. Texas has nothing to gain by playing us.
Give me a break. We've won just as many games as they have since 2010.

We went to their place and got thumped in Petrino's first year, and they backed out of their part of the home and home.

nextlevel

Quote from: kj0N on May 08, 2014, 02:00:59 pm

We went to their place and got thumped in Petrino's first year, and they backed out of their part of the home and home.

Arkansas pushed the game back to this year to allow the game with aTm in Dallas.

Texas then pushed the game to 2020 to accommodate their scheduling, it would be nice if Long and their AD could start the series back up in 2019 as Arkansas will need a game that year against a power conference school to satisfy the SEC scheduling requirements.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

MTBrookHog

So there was no football played before 2010? Don't be surprised when Texas buys its way out of that contract. One of these days we will be as good as you think we are.

ZERO

Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

JackJohnson

Quote from: ZERO on May 08, 2014, 02:40:36 pm
Oh, yeah, you're totally right, haha. +1 for the correction.

UTSA, UTEP, same difference, right?

ha- no biggie.  i actually thought Mike Price was still there at UTEP which is why i looked it up :)

Dropkick

Quote from: MTBrookHog on May 08, 2014, 02:04:48 pm
So there was no football played before 2010? Don't be surprised when Texas buys its way out of that contract. One of these days we will be as good as you think we are.
YOU PROMISE?!!!

weresoclose

Jborohog09

Quote from: nextlevel on May 08, 2014, 02:04:43 pm
Arkansas pushed the game back to this year to allow the game with aTm in Dallas.

Texas then pushed the game to 2020 to accommodate their scheduling, it would be nice if Long and their AD could start the series back up in 2019 as Arkansas will need a game that year against a power conference school to satisfy the SEC scheduling requirements.

Actually the Texas game is in 2021 and Michigan comes to RRS to open the season in 2019.  There aren't any opponents scheduled for 2020 though.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/arkansas-razorbacks.php

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: nextlevel on May 08, 2014, 01:51:30 pm
The game should be against whatever FCS opponent is added to complete the schedule, that is more than LR deserves.

You gonna be there?

56Hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 08, 2014, 01:48:23 pm

Texas is committed before the game at RRS in 2021.  What Jeff should do is schedule a game against OU at Norman in 2020 with the return game at RRS in 2022 or later.  OU has only a road game at Army in 2020 and that is the first year without a Big 5 opponent for Arkansas.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

secfan30

When is the BS of NWArkansas fans vs Central Arkansas fans going to end? What a joke, at the end of the day we are all Hogs. Get over the petty crap already. It's starting to sound like [CENSORED] envy.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: secfan30 on May 09, 2014, 12:51:09 am
When is the BS of NWArkansas fans vs Central Arkansas fans going to end? What a joke, at the end of the day we are all Hogs. Get over the petty crap already. It's starting to sound like [CENSORED] envy.

It's comfortable to do this.  Nothing else.  It's almost like we can't beat the SEC teams on the field, so we have chosen to insult other Razorback fans instead.  It accomplishes nothing at all.  SAD.

ifghog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on May 09, 2014, 01:23:37 am
It's comfortable to do this.  Nothing else.  It's almost like we can't beat the SEC teams on the field, so we have chosen to insult other Razorback fans instead.  It accomplishes nothing at all.  SAD.
I agree with you. Pathetic all the way around.

Großer Kriegschwein

It's people like you that often times think it should be renamed the University of Northwest Arkansas.
This is my non-signature signature.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Groß Kriegschwein on May 09, 2014, 09:21:00 am
It's people like you that often times think it should be renamed the University of Northwest Arkansas.
Agreed. To some, anybody east of Batesville is a Red Wolf fan.

Hogwild

Do y'all think that we will ever play in on of the kickoff classics?  Seems like Alabama, LSU, UGA plays in one ever other year.  I think it would be great to open the season against Wisconsin in Houston.

nextlevel

Quote from: secfan30 on May 09, 2014, 12:51:09 am

Yes, because Bama and Auburn play in Birmingham all the time, Ole Miss and Ms. State in Jackson, LSU in Shreveport, Nebraska in Omaha, etc.

The only way to have a state wide program is too give up home games for neutral sites in the state of the program.

ell oh ell

secfan30

Quote from: nextlevel on May 09, 2014, 10:07:29 am
Yes, because Bama and Auburn play in Birmingham all the time, Ole Miss and Ms. State in Jackson, LSU in Shreveport, Nebraska in Omaha, etc.

The only way to have a state wide program is too give up home games for neutral sites in the state of the program.

Don't think I said that at all. In fact you're the only one that brought up the old tired GSD.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: nextlevel on May 09, 2014, 10:07:29 am

There are no in-state neutral sites that they would play in.

There are many, however, that would sacrifice the good of the program for their own convenience.

nextlevel

Quote from: Big Papa Satan on May 09, 2014, 09:10:56 pm
There are many, however, that would sacrifice the good of the program for their own convenience.

That is less than 40K the past few years.

ell oh ell

Steef

I kind of like it that way. It means they finally left our company as cowards.

Anything to belittle the Horns..miss a good thing.

Ethan2010

Quote from: 31to6 on May 08, 2014, 01:11:59 pm
"UTEP has also added a non-conference game against the University of the Incarnate Word. "

So that is what it looks like when a rent-a-win rents a win. :P

In seriousness, UTEP will be a good non-conference from a regional perspective.
Fun fact, former hog MLB myke Tavares plays at uiw.