HogWildBison2011

RAZORHOGG15

Thought we would see this sooner but now he gets his chance to shine
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

RazorWild

1highhog

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on May 09, 2014, 09:12:05 pm
Travis Swanson was just picked up by Detroit Lions with the 76th pick.

Congrats to Swanson!  I was hoping for another team but glad he got picked up before he fell any further down the draft.

k.c.hawg

He just got nice guaranteed money and an extended opportunity to make an NFL roster and have a long career. Most 3rd round picks are going to get a minimum of 2 years to get up to speed. He should get a signing bonus of $675-700K and a rookie salary approaching $500K. Get in the weight room, dedicate yourself, make $700k in year two and hopefully set yourself up for a 10 year career. If not you have made a good 15 to 20 years pay for the average working stiff and can go back to NWA and buy a nice house and get started in a career with money in the bank.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

The Hogfather

31to6

Quote from: The Hogfather on May 09, 2014, 09:19:48 pm
McShay and Kiper are so predictable.
Mayock was much better.

I don't watch the draft on ESPN anymore. Can't stand those two p----

Huge accomplishment.  Congrats to Travis. 

HogWildBison2011

John Futrall

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogFanatic

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 09, 2014, 10:02:22 pm
Just hope a center was a need for them

Same here. That will determine Swanson's success. He is good enough to play the position well. Just depends on how much they need him as to how well he does.

Congrats to Travis! A great Razorback!

pigture perfect

What was said about him that was bad? I didn't get to watch tonight.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rzrbackramsfan

Congrats to Travis!! This was on the upper end "experts" projected him at.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 09, 2014, 10:17:51 pm
What was said about him that was bad? I didn't get to watch tonight.

That he's not particularly fast or explosive and they were underwhelmed.  They did say though that you never know with a center and beliema really talked him up and pushed him. 

bennyl08

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 08, 2014, 12:24:28 pm
Most places I've seen have Swanson as the third ranked C in the draft. Going somewhere in the 3-4 round.

Well, somebody in this thread nailed it right on the head.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

May 09, 2014, 11:57:34 pm #67 Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:15:48 am by bennyl08
Note: He is the highest drafted players Arkansas has produced since Felix Jones.

Nope, I'm blind. Ryan Mallett...
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

May 09, 2014, 11:58:47 pm #68 Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:16:21 am by bennyl08
Lions do need a center. Also, congrats to Swanson to being the highest drafted Hog since Felix Jones.

No, highest hog drafted since Mallett. Mallett came in at 74 to Swanson's 76.

yraciv

DJ got hammered too and we screamed at them for that, and looks like they were right.  I don't know the first thing about what makes a great C, but Swanson was a great Razorback. I commend him for the effort he gave us, and wish him the best of luck.  He may not have the prototypical measurements, but I know he'll work his ass off to stick in the league.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 09, 2014, 11:57:34 pm
Note: He is the highest drafted players Arkansas has produced since Felix Jones.
Mallett was #74 overall.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

MrThunderhog

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on May 08, 2014, 02:33:17 pm
I don't wanna see you make another post with a hashtag. Do I make myself clear?

#WhoTFAREYOU
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

bennyl08

Quote from: ReddieHawg on May 10, 2014, 12:35:01 am
Mallett was #74 overall.

How did I completely miss that?

Earliest hog drafted since Ryan Mallett!

rlamb

I take it as a compliment for Travis that  both Florida and Alabama players said he was dirty. The Bama players said that when he was a true freshman, maybe a redshirt fresh?
That usually means a guy a damn tough player.

I don't think he could be any more dirty than that Aubarn crap that got drafted 2nd. Robinson. Gruden commented and showed tape of him holding every play.

deedster84

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 8h

#DETPick Travis Swanson. Arkansas Center. Will be coached by O-Line coach Jeremiah Washburn, who was a 3 year starter at Arkansas as Guard

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hog.goblin

Quote from: 31to6 on May 09, 2014, 09:23:11 pm
Mayock was much better.

I don't watch the draft on ESPN anymore. Can't stand those two p----

No doubt.  Other than Irvin they have a better crew.

Theolesnort

Quote from: kj0N on May 08, 2014, 10:08:47 am
He has great technique, great footwork and great speed.

He has poor lower and upper body strength and poor explosiveness(relative to NFL DTs and interior OL).

I'm not really giving a personal opinion. This is the report on him, and I just wanted to explain why he will likely drop pretty far.
That upper sentence plus he is very, very smart. He can recognize defensive alignments and alter blocking assignments and call them out in a flash. That is what Bielema liked about him and is why he will be hard to replace.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.