Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas is going to blow Auburn out of the water

Started by HogFanatic, May 07, 2014, 01:12:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 07, 2014, 06:25:24 pm
I've said elsewhere that I am placing a bill on the Hogs to cover the spread. But I wouldn't  play if the line moved below 14 to the hogs. I still may not play even at that. Anything under 17 is probably too close.
Comical considering your first post of the thread. Complete contradiction....this is a perfect example of what I consider nails on chalkboard Hogville style. People love to talk big on here like they know it all but in reality half the time they prob don't even believe what they are saying.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogFanatic

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 08, 2014, 01:07:14 am
Comical considering your first post of the thread. Complete contradiction....this is a perfect example of what I consider nails on chalkboard Hogville style. People love to talk big on here like they know it all but in reality half the time they prob don't even believe what they are saying.

Is there any part of my OP that you took as completely serious?
I mean, it WAS serious, but I don't mean that crap in the sense that I am gonna go drop rolls on the Hogs to win the damn game.

You take this stuff way too seriously, man. It is 08, May.

Ā 

ChemEHawg

Quote from: dwcherr on May 07, 2014, 03:03:43 pm
I'm pretty sure this is the first year Gus has had a QB in his system for 2 years since he became a head coach. Might have something to do with it. I actually think we'll keep it pretty close and cover the spread, but I will bet anybody any amount that we dont blow them out. Not gonna happen. Get the thought out of your minds. If we keep it within 2 TDs, it will be talked about as a win for Arkansas.

More likely it will be discussed as a step back for AU and not a step forward for the Razorbacks. As hog fans we can never forget - the media hates us and always will.
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ChemEHawg on May 08, 2014, 05:22:44 am
More likely it will be discussed as a step back for AU and not a step forward for the Razorbacks. As hog fans we can never forget - the media hates us and always will.
Think the Arkansas media still drinks the kool aid. Actually I think they sell it, and you guys can't wait to drink it down.

Guess it helps you swallow the slop they feed you.

Give credit where credit is due they, have done their part in insuring you guys fork over the tons of cash needed to run this 20+ year shell game that  they guaranteed would restore your program to its former glory.

Can understand why those outside the state might have a problem going along.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

acey33

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 07, 2014, 01:12:48 pm
Every year there are one or two games I get a good hunch on. When I get a strong feeling on these things it usually pans out.
Last year it was Michigan State over Ohio State. Two years ago it was Alabama falling to A&M.

I don't know how the Hogs will do the rest of the year, but they will pour it on Auburn.
Live it, breathe it, expect it.
Its coming.

Don't stop believing Ms. Ashley...WPS

Modsquad24

is it purple kush is that what you're smoking

jkstock04

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 08, 2014, 01:13:34 am
Is there any part of my OP that you took as completely serious?
I mean, it WAS serious, but I don't mean that crap in the sense that I am gonna go drop rolls on the Hogs to win the damn game.

You take this stuff way too seriously, man. It is 08, May.
Ya seemed serious to me. You start a thread guaranteeing a win...not only a win but a win in blowout fashion. But then a few breaths later you talk about the spread and what may or may not be a good bet? It just makes no sense. Should be comfortable betting the money line with your original line of thinking.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Corkscrew Johnson

Every year there are one or two games I get a good hunch on. When I get a strong feeling on these things it usually pans out.
Last year it was Michigan State over Ohio State. Two years ago it was Alabama falling to A&M.

I don't know how the Hogs will do the rest of the year, but they will pour it on Auburn.
Its coming.

I feel it, deep in my plums!

Vantage 8 dude

Its coming.
Blow them out??!!!! How 'bout us ratcheting down our expectations and just pull that we finish ahead of them on the scoreboard. I like to think of myself as a very loyal Hog fan but even this "homer" isn't looking for anything close to a "blow out" win.

The Kig

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 07, 2014, 03:05:38 pm
In 1974 Arkansas beat USCw in first game of season.  USC went on to win national championship.  Hogs finished 6-4-1.

So.... by extension (a large leap, I know) you're predicting 6 wins min this year?  That would be a definite improvement. 
Poker Porker

JayBell

Somebody puts up a post predicting a win based on "feelings" for seemingly every single Arkansas athletic contest.  The success rate for predictions based on "feelings" are unsurprisingly incredibly low.

I see no reason to completely count out Arkansas's chances in the game, but there's no way I see them destroying Auburn right out of the gate.

Modsquad24

We don't have a QB, not blowing out anyone, swear kid pisses himself at times throughout game

HogFanatic

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 08, 2014, 08:42:00 am
Blow them out??!!!! How 'bout us ratcheting down our expectations and just pull that we finish ahead of them on the scoreboard. I like to think of myself as a very loyal Hog fan but even this "homer" isn't looking for anything close to a "blow out" win.

Everyone is free to form their own expectations and opinions.

Ā 

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

JayBell

Quote from: Modsquad24 on May 08, 2014, 10:34:09 amWe don't have a QB, not blowing out anyone, swear kid pisses himself at times throughout game

That's the spirit!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 08, 2014, 10:35:08 am
Everyone is free to form their own expectations and opinions.
I've absolutely NEVER said they aren't. Just saying IMO there are dreams and then there are (realistic) hopes.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Modsquad24 on May 08, 2014, 10:34:09 am
We don't have a QB, not blowing out anyone, swear kid pisses himself at times throughout game
I nominate you for the "Robert Shields' Spirit Award. Given every year to the poster who most closely resembles the "positive, fighting spirit of a true Razorback fan". Sure wouldn't ever accuse you of being a wide eyed optimist.

HogFanatic

Quote from: acey33 on May 08, 2014, 07:16:36 am
Don't stop believing Ms. Ashley...WPS

I love women. I'll take that as a compliment.

Sweet Feet

Boston RedHogs

Just going off what we know today, Auburn could likely be our worst loss of the season.

Stillwater

I agree with Ashley, I think the Hogs will win a high scoring affair.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on May 08, 2014, 11:24:02 am
Just going off what we know today, Auburn could likely be our worst loss of the season.

Yep. The thing about an offense like that is you either stop it or you don't. They could hang 60 on us or they could score 31 and give us a shot to win.

I definitely don't trust our defense or passing game enough to pick us, but I wouldn't be surprised if we kept it close.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Johnboy

I love this thread!  Also find it hilarious you old timers are taking someone with the name "Ashley Schaeffer" serious.

Ā 

texas tush hog

Its coming.

Delusional.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Johnboy on May 08, 2014, 03:13:19 pm
I love this thread!  Also find it hilarious you old timers are taking someone with the name "Ashley Schaeffer" serious.

I figured the guy wearing shades indoors at a formal dinner party drinkning orange shasta from a wine glass would give it away even for those who aren't familiar with who I am.

Texasfan7

HogFanatic

PorkRinds

Quote from: Seminole Indian on May 08, 2014, 05:52:58 am
Think the Arkansas media still drinks the kool aid. Actually I think they sell it, and you guys can't wait to drink it down.

Guess it helps you swallow the slop they feed you.

Give credit where credit is due they, have done their part in insuring you guys fork over the tons of cash needed to run this 20+ year shell game that  they guaranteed would restore your program to its former glory.

Can understand why those outside the state might have a problem going along.

Still not an ASU fan huh?

HogFanatic

Quote from: Solomwi on May 09, 2014, 08:28:43 am
This has to be a troll thread.

The spread will be covered by halftime.

I'm not surprised you would think this is a troll thread, but you see, this is a Razorbacks fan board. Optimism for our team should be expected.

root_hawg

Not sure how I will bet this one yet; usually make most of my money earlier in the season.  This one has me intrigued   Auburn -22.5 is last I heard, has it changed?

HogFanatic

Quote from: root_hawg on May 09, 2014, 09:35:31 am
Not sure how I will bet this one yet; usually make most of my money earlier in the season.  This one has me intrigued   Auburn -22.5 is last I heard, has it changed?

Did it move that much already?
A lot laid on Auburn

oxbaker

Its coming.

HogFanatic

Quote from: oxbaker on May 09, 2014, 11:03:46 am

This thread is serious business, Oxbaker. There is no room in here for you and your selfies. We all already know that you are out of shape and generally found with a dumbfounded look on your face. That is ok, but I will not warn you again. If you want to participate, bring something meaningful to the table.

Thanks

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 09, 2014, 12:03:30 pm
This thread is serious business, Oxbaker. There is no room in here for you and your selfies. We all already know that you are out of shape and generally found with a dumbfounded look on your face. That is ok, but I will not warn you again. If you want to participate, bring something meaningful to the table.

Thanks

Welcome to Troll Slam 2014

HogFanatic

DAG

You guys definitely have a chance if you convert, I would say 3 turnovers and turn them into points. Also, you will have to lead in rushing and drastically dominate the time clock. There is no way you are blowing Auburn out of the water and definitely not winning in a high scoring affair.

DAG

See stanford vs oregon 2013. That is the closest comparison I can think of.

Mike_e

We don't have to be as flashy or as fast, we don't have to wow the crowd with our brilliance.

All we gotta do is to just score more than they do.

Simple as that.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

HogFanatic

Quote from: CallMeHog on May 09, 2014, 01:11:17 pm
Welcome to Troll Slam 2014

How many times you reckon that guy is gonna kick that other feller in the face?

Hogeration

Not sure about Auburn.  They do seem to look really bad in the first couple of games but squeeze out a win.  If if was at our place, I do think we would have a better chance of winning. 

I do think we are gonna give LSU all they can handle this year.  They may struggle and to play us at our place can only help.

SamBuckhart

I will take a 1 point victory over all the tiger teams.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 07, 2014, 02:41:08 pm
Lol, I don't believe this. But it would make hogville more interesting.

It would totally screw us for the rest of the season. Teams we beat we would not beat by enough, and God Forbid we lose more than one game after that..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hoggish1

That sounds about right.  Historically we play well at their house and we are improved where we need to be to stop their goofy offense.

razorbackkid

I have a couple Auburn friends here in Southern Alabama, invited me to tag along to the game.

I'm not sure I'll go....it's about a two hour drive from here.

Still considering it.  :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 09, 2014, 04:58:59 pm
How many times you reckon that guy is gonna kick that other feller in the face?

Surely he's gettin' tired.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

DAG

Quote from: Hogeration on May 09, 2014, 10:13:49 pm
Not sure about Auburn.  They do seem to look really bad in the first couple of games but squeeze out a win.  If if was at our place, I do think we would have a better chance of winning. 

I do think we are gonna give LSU all they can handle this year.  They may struggle and to play us at our place can only help.

That is because we never returned a starting qb until now.

HogFanatic

Quote from: DAG on May 10, 2014, 11:06:22 am
That is because we never returned a starting qb until now.

A starting QB who can't throw the damn ball.

DAG

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 10, 2014, 12:50:18 pm
A starting QB who can't throw the damn ball.

He definitely can throw it. He doesn't after to be Aaron Murray. All nick has to do is complete the easy ones. Everything else will fall in place. How is your qb play?

HogFanatic

Quote from: DAG on May 10, 2014, 12:53:41 pm
He definitely can throw it. He doesn't after to be Aaron Murray. All nick has to do is complete the easy ones. Everything else will fall in place. How is your qb play?

Not too sporty, to be honest. haha
But we will see. The staff sure seems certain he will be able to get the job done come fall.