Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas is going to blow Auburn out of the water

Started by HogFanatic, May 07, 2014, 01:12:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanatic

Every year there are one or two games I get a good hunch on. When I get a strong feeling on these things it usually pans out.
Last year it was Michigan State over Ohio State. Two years ago it was Alabama falling to A&M.

I don't know how the Hogs will do the rest of the year, but they will pour it on Auburn.
Live it, breathe it, expect it.
Its coming.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dropkick

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 07, 2014, 01:12:48 pm
Every year there are one or two games I get a good hunch on. When I get a strong feeling on these things it usually pans out.
Last year it was Michigan State over Ohio State. Two years ago it was Alabama falling to A&M.

I don't know how the Hogs will do the rest of the year, but they will pour it on Auburn.
Its coming.
I'll have what he's having, please.

trashcan maN

I just put all the equity I have built up in my house and my first child's college fund on a straight up bet on the Hogs.

I hope you're not blowing smoke up my rear.

HogFanatic

Quote from: kj0N on May 07, 2014, 01:17:46 pm
I just put all the equity I have built up in my house and my first child's college fund on a straight up bet on the Hogs.

I hope you're not blowing smoke up my rear.

Well that's just foolish.
Haha

PorkSoda

would be epic.  We have traditionally beat or nearly beat at least one team we have no business competing with, but it is usually later in the year once we get rolling.  I can't help but think of when USCw came to fayetteville.  later that year we beat some good teams.

BB is his own person though, so the past doesn't necessarily predict the future.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Fayettechill14

Ragnar Hogbrok

Historically, Gus' teams don't come out of the gate at full steam.  They usually play some close games to teams they would beat handily later in the season.  Let's hope we catch them with their pants down.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

PorkRinds

I'd love to see it happen. Won't hold my breath, but I won't be utterly shocked either.  We are due some good luck.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Lol, I don't believe this. But it would make hogville more interesting.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hogarusa

Michagan State/Ohio State game was between two top 10 teams and the A&M/Bama game featured the eventual Heisman winner that season.

This is an 0-8 SEC team taking on the defending national runner up.  On the road.

Sure, its happening
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

dwcherr

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on May 07, 2014, 02:28:18 pm
Historically, Gus' teams don't come out of the gate at full steam.  They usually play some close games to teams they would beat handily later in the season.  Let's hope we catch them with their pants down.

I'm pretty sure this is the first year Gus has had a QB in his system for 2 years since he became a head coach. Might have something to do with it. I actually think we'll keep it pretty close and cover the spread, but I will bet anybody any amount that we dont blow them out. Not gonna happen. Get the thought out of your minds. If we keep it within 2 TDs, it will be talked about as a win for Arkansas.

Break & Run

Quote from: lowberh on May 07, 2014, 02:53:44 pm
Michagan State/Ohio State game was between two top 10 teams and the A&M/Bama game featured the eventual Heisman winner that season.

This is an 0-8 SEC team taking on the defending national runner up.  On the road.

Sure, its happening

And aTm had a new head coach and had already lost to LSU and Florida.  Are you ever happy?
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 07, 2014, 01:20:08 pm
would be epic.  We have traditionally beat or nearly beat at least one team we have no business competing with, but it is usually later in the year once we get rolling.  I can't help but think of when USCw came to fayetteville.  later that year we beat some good teams.

BB is his own person though, so the past doesn't necessarily predict the future.

In 1974 Arkansas beat USCw in first game of season.  USC went on to win national championship.  Hogs finished 6-4-1.
Retired Radio Host

lumphog

Quote from: Dropkick on May 07, 2014, 01:16:48 pm
I'll have what he's having, please.
You can't afford it, you have to grow it yourself  ;) Oh, and I agree with Ash,..... I grow my own

Al Boarland

Its coming.

No hunches on any of our games last year? 

Break & Run

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 07, 2014, 03:22:56 pm

Our games?  You're an AU troll, this isn't an AU website...just an FYI.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Means-well

May 07, 2014, 03:56:55 pm #18 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:30:53 pm by Means-well
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst. If it doesn't go well, still think it can be a fun season - as long as we can keep our wits about us (not scream for cbb's head after each disappointment) and avoid full board meltdowns. Remember what happen when tenn circulated a petition to replace their basketball coach?....

Al Boarland

Quote from: Means-well on May 07, 2014, 03:56:55 pm
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst. If it doesn't go well, still think it can be a fun season - as long as we can keep our wits about us (not scream for cbb's head after each disappointment) and avoid full board meltdowns. Remember want happen when tenn circulated a petition to replace their basketball coach?....

Agreed.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 07, 2014, 03:05:38 pm
In 1974 Arkansas beat USCw in first game of season.  USC went on to win national championship.  Hogs finished 6-4-1.

In 2006 Arkansas lost to USCw in first game of the season 50-14 and went on to win SEC West, finish 7-1 in conf and 10-4 overall.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

870hogfan

Arkansas usually plays Auburn tough on the road.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 07, 2014, 03:22:56 pm

Oh, I had convinced myself that we were gonna win every single game last year. That is until after the South Carolina junk stomp we received. After that I was still hopeful, but didn't expect anything.

But no, I didn't have any weird hunches about our games last season. This is one of those that is hard to ignore. Like I know it is gonna happen. Like I can see it happening.  I think Korliss Marshall takes one to the house early in the game and the Hogs running game is going to completely impose its will over Auburn.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 07, 2014, 04:42:17 pm
In 2006 Arkansas lost to USCw in first game of the season 50-14 and went on to win SEC West, finish 7-1 in conf and 10-4 overall.

Yeah, I was just giving hope to the poster that said we normally start slow and beat someone big later in the season. 

Would be kind of cool to pull off another major upset in the first game of the season 40 years after doing it to USC.
Retired Radio Host

Mike_e

I think that we can do it.

And wouldn't that be a kick at the SEC front office for making us have to play them right out of the box?

Your little darlins are biotches.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Hope you don't bet much money on your hunches.
Let's make some waves.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HogFanatic

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on May 07, 2014, 06:17:11 pm
Hope you don't bet much money on your hunches.

I've said elsewhere that I am placing a bill on the Hogs to cover the spread. But I wouldn't  play if the line moved below 14 to the hogs. I still may not play even at that. Anything under 17 is probably too close.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 07, 2014, 04:56:41 pm
Oh, I had convinced myself that we were gonna win every single game last year. That is until after the South Carolina junk stomp we received. After that I was still hopeful, but didn't expect anything.

But no, I didn't have any weird hunches about our games last season. This is one of those that is hard to ignore. Like I know it is gonna happen. Like I can see it happening.  I think Korliss Marshall takes one to the house early in the game and the Hogs running game is going to completely impose its will over Auburn.

Given that we didn't show any proficiency in the passing game last year in any given situation and that Gus still has his sources of information within Arkansas, I suspect that they will scheme to stop the run game and dare us to throw it. Better hope we were playing "rope a dope" in the spring game with regard to our passing game.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 07, 2014, 03:05:38 pm

No bowl game that season?

HogFanatic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 07, 2014, 06:44:32 pm
Given that we didn't show any proficiency in the passing game last year in any given situation and that Gus still has his sources of information within Arkansas, I suspect that they will scheme to stop the run game and dare us to throw it. Better hope we were playing "rope a dope" in the spring game with regard to our passing game.

I watched the spring game for the third time last night. I think I need to watch it one more time, but man I'm telling ya, they were running the same damn plays over and over. I think they were working on the things that give BA the most trouble. Now, no, BA didn't look very good, but I know he is a better quarterback than he showed in the Spring Game. We saw it last year.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 07, 2014, 06:53:14 pm
No bowl game that season?

I don't believe so.  Less bowls back then.

BUT I did notice on www.gridironhistory.com that our longest bowl winning streak is 2.  So, the next time we go to one we have the chance to tie our longest winning streak.
Retired Radio Host

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 07, 2014, 07:06:29 pm
I watched the spring game for the third time last night. I think I need to watch it one more time, but man I'm telling ya, they were running the same damn plays over and over. I think they were working on the things that give BA the most trouble. Now, no, BA didn't look very good, but I know he is a better quarterback than he showed in the Spring Game. We saw it last year.

I'm betting they were running the same play over and over for the defense. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HogFanatic

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 07, 2014, 07:24:42 pm
I'm betting they were running the same play over and over for the defense.

One thing I do know is that the offensive line was opening holes large enough that even I could have gained 10 yards running through.

Good luck to Auburn, or anyone else, trying to stop the running game this year. It isn't gonna happen

TheRazorback500

Might just happen. Auburn lose some experience in the trenches. Mason's gone. Big, Pittman-coached OL opens big holes for our triple threat running game and protects the QB. More talented receivers are running proper routes. Defensive improves and all the coaches are on the same page. Players tired of losing with a pissed-off attitude run the Gus bus off the road. Let's do this. Go Hogs!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

HogFanatic

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on May 07, 2014, 07:38:47 pm
Might just happen. Auburn lose some experience in the trenches. Mason's gone. Big, Pittman-coached OL opens big holes for our triple threat running game and protects the QB. More talented receivers are running proper routes. Defensive improves and all the coaches are on the same page. Players tired of losing with a pissed-off attitude run the Gus bus off the road. Let's do this. Go Hogs!

This guy has the proper spirit!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Its coming.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

tophawg19

truthfully our best chance is if we win the turnover battle . we have killed ourselves the last two years
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: lowberh on May 07, 2014, 02:53:44 pm

Sure, its happening

All that was in 2013, we're approaching the 2014 season. All of what you stated has noting to do with this coming season. Why can't you people understand this?

Hoggish1

You need to send this OP to Robert Shields.  He needs a pick me up!

HogFanatic

I am thinking of starting my own column called From the Couch.
It would be the antithesis of the Shield's weekly column. Like exactly the opposite.

Maybe "From the Couch (With Copious Amounts of Beer)"

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 07, 2014, 01:20:08 pm

Nutts took a while to reach mediocrity, so I see what you're saying.  I like your last sentence, though...

HyperDrive

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 07, 2014, 09:37:10 pm
I am thinking of starting my own column called From the Couch.
It would be the antithesis of the Shield's weekly column. Like exactly the opposite.

Maybe "From the Couch (With Copious Amounts of Beer)"

I would read it.
Retired Radio Host

PygmalionEffect

Hope it doesn't hurt your feelings if I go ahead and take the points anyway.

You know....  just to be sure.

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

The_Bionic_Pig

Be careful now...Optimism can become quite contagious! !
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogFanatic

Quote from: HyperDrive on May 07, 2014, 09:58:59 pm
One 8-ball, coming up!

Blah, blah, blah.

"Smashmouth at warp speed."
Good luck dealing with three or more losses this year.

HogFanatic

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 07, 2014, 11:35:17 pm
Be careful now...Optimism can become quite contagious! !

I know, right?
This is the central element of my magic theme that you guys keep deleting off these pages.
Lighten up, guys. This is the off season.

HogFanatic

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on May 07, 2014, 10:58:33 pm
Hope it doesn't hurt your feelings if I go ahead and take the points anyway.

You know....  just to be sure.

Why would it hurt my feelings?
Bets like yours make mine more sure.