Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20....15?

Started by Means-well, May 06, 2014, 04:17:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Means-well

Assumption 1: With the exception of au, lsu, and bama I believe we have a fair chance in each game (including uga) and will end up around 6-6, or at least something tangibly better than last season. People are talking about progress. Very realistic.

Assumption 2: recruiting continues at its current pace, minimally a top 25 class. Add some impact juco's. Very realistic.

Assumption 3: Nothing weird, no coaching/program surprises come up. Realistic.

Assumption 4. Espn and others don't start saying cbb's on the hop seat, screwing up recruiting, team, and fan base. Not sure on this one.

Given those assumptions and the players we'll have, how do you feel 2015 looks? BTW: If this can go 1 page without bringing up houston, bobby, or gus,  we should all be proud.

Bubba's Bruisers

Assumption 2 could be a bit more optimistic given the in-state crop.

Anywho, 2015 is a put up or shut up year.  We should have plenty of talented, experienced offensive pieces, and the defense should be measurably improved as compared to recent history.  Maybe our schedule will be in our favor for once too.

8, maybe 9 regular season wins.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WizardofhOgZ

7-8 wins and a definite feeling of positive momentum around the program.

Magic_Hogg

2015 will be interesting.  We get TT at home, and any time you play a team called the "Toledo Rockets" you know it will be fun!

Shorttimer

I like 8 wins . . . and with that, the way Bielema gets top shelf talent to show interest, I think we start getting more of those guys to sign on the dotted line.

onebadrubi

This staff is assembled with some pretty good coaches, I think we will sadly continue to see coaches come in and then move on for upgrade employments, not meaning a lateral move, but a defensive assistant to take DC or HC type moves.  All respectable and apart of having wonderful coaches.  But, I don't foresee us going 1 off season, or even the slightest chance of 2 off seasons without some turnover.  I think it is one negative you could throw at Bielema, but then again, what do you want him to do?  Hire inferior coaches that nobody would come calling for?

HogFanatic

Magic_Hogg

Let's not get crazy.  The wrinkle at QB may not be ironed out by next season.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Magic_Hogg on May 06, 2014, 05:30:40 pm

Betcha Rafe overtakes both Allen brothers by then. I have been deeply impressed by what I have seen from him. Granted, I haven't seen a whole lot, mostly just some HS highlight tapes, the AA game and the little we saw of him this spring, but he seems to have the "it" factor, near as I can tell.

Interesting that Paul Petrino called Brandon Allen a 5* QB. Not to bash the kid, but if that is true, they need to redo the ranking categories because he is obviously competing with some 7*s

Lake City Hog

2015 is a year that we have almost all of our more winnable games at home. Our 2 toughest opponents, Bama and LSU are road games. We get Miss St, Missouri and Auburn at home.

That in itself has to be a plus.

Magic_Hogg

I agree with your QB predictions.   Some folks think we should just go ahead and start Rafe this year and let his SEC education begin now.  We will see his BA turns out but if he can't cut it, then let's move on and start investing in someone who can.

Hawgboy64

Quote from: Magic_Hogg on May 06, 2014, 05:30:40 pm
Ditto - Throwing pick 6's get you beat quick.
If we get solid play under center and the defense gels, I can see 8 wins.
If not, 3-9 is entirely possible.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Tick Hog

If Jwill stays with the line we will have we should have one of if not the best rushing attack in the SEC. I like many get down on BA a lot but I think he continues to grow this year and by next he will actually be able to not just manage but carry the team when needed. We will lose some key guys on defense especially LB so I hope the ones were bringing in this year can progress. With no key injuries I will be disappointed if we don't win 8 in 15.

ifghog

8-9 wins is imperative for CBB to keep his job....I believe he will keep it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 06, 2014, 05:35:37 pm
Interesting that Paul Petrino called Brandon Allen a 5* QB. Not to bash the kid, but if that is true, they need to redo the ranking categories because he is obviously competing with some 7*s

Might have been a 5* with the Petrino Brother's temper and bullwhip behind him. Definitely seems like a difference in how they treat the QBs from staff to staff.
This is my non-signature signature.

popcornhog

Quote from: Means-well on May 06, 2014, 04:17:14 pm
Assumption 1: With the exception of au, lsu, and bama I believe we have a fair chance in each game (including uga) and will end up around 6-6, or at least something tangibly better than last season. People are talking about progress. Very realistic.

Assumption 2: recruiting continues at its current pace, minimally a top 25 class. Add some impact juco's. Very realistic.

Assumption 3: Nothing weird, no coaching/program surprises come up. Realistic.

Assumption 4. Espn and others don't start saying cbb's on the hop seat, screwing up recruiting, team, and fan base. Not sure on this one.

Given those assumptions and the players we'll have, how do you feel 2015 looks? BTW: If this can go 1 page without bringing up houston, bobby, or gus,  we should all be proud.

That prediction will be based in large part on how much progress we see this year.

I hope for and expect process in 2014 and 2015.
WPS

HogFanatic

Quote from: popcornhog on May 07, 2014, 09:29:59 pm
That prediction will be based in large part on how much progress we see this year.

I hope for and expect process in 2014 and 2015.

Scoring more points than your opponent will win you the game. Like every time.

jgphillips3

I'll be content with 6-6 in 2014 but year 3 needs to show me something.  I will never go back to 7-8 wins is good enough.  We need to win 9 games in 2015 for me to be happy.