Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Storey to Enroll Early

Started by The_Iceman, May 06, 2014, 10:50:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkatarian

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 06, 2014, 10:27:13 pm
I think he is better than Rafe. I could be wrong. But I believe he is.

I believe Storey will start as a true freshman.  The kid has special talent.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

The_Iceman

Quote from: Porkatarian on June 06, 2014, 03:37:15 pm

Porkatarian out...

2015 is a big year for the Hogs. The Offensively should be established and the strength of the team. Collins and Marshall (maybe J-Will) will be back in the backfield. The WR's should be alright and the defense more developed.

If One of the Allens or Peavey aren't showing like they are talented enough to lead the team, a true freshman (who has been through spring) would be in an alright position to start considering the OL and RB's.

swinesation

Ty Storey already has a stronger arm than any QB on Arkansas' roster. Dude can seriously fling it. He's also accurate and has touch. He's the complete package.

southeasthog

Quote from: swinesation on June 06, 2014, 06:01:05 pm
Ty Storey already has a stronger arm than any QB on Arkansas' roster. Dude can seriously fling it. He's also accurate and has touch. He's the complete package.
His biggest hurdle will be adjusting to the speed of the College game. Very few Freshmen QB's can do that. Enrolling early will help but I question if it will be too much difference considering he plays in a smaller Conference. The worst thing to do is throw him to the Wolves too soon.

tophawg19

Quote from: southeasthog on June 06, 2014, 06:15:28 pm
His biggest hurdle will be adjusting to the speed of the College game. Very few Freshmen QB's can do that. Enrolling early will help but I question if it will be too much difference considering he plays in a smaller Conference. The worst thing to do is throw him to the Wolves too soon.
his footwork needs adjustment . he tends to dance or hop around an awful lot . But still has the arm to make the throws . once he gets everything settled he will be special. Not sure he can overtake Peavey who has the legs to beat you as well as a good arm
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The NewEra

Quote from: Porkatarian on June 06, 2014, 03:37:15 pm

Porkatarian out...

If you are correct then anyone who loves Arkansas football will enjoy watching this play out.  It simply means we will have a lot of talent at that position.  I'm excited to see how it plays out.

The NewEra

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 06, 2014, 06:56:44 pm
his footwork needs adjustment . he tends to dance or hop around an awful lot . But still has the arm to make the throws . once he gets everything settled he will be special. Not sure he can overtake Peavey who has the legs to beat you as well as a good arm

Another attribute that I think Peavey has is a real good sense of the flow of the game, and I'll add a second, great field vision and awareness.  Exciting to watch the competition play out at Q.B.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 07, 2014, 06:59:48 am
I said IMO. If I didn't like to give my opinion I wouldn't be on a message board.

If you don't like opinions maybe you shouldn't be on a message board.
And maybe you shouldn't be on a message board if your reading comprehension is that poor. I said "instead of anointing" not "instead of speculating." I don't care if anyone puts their opinion out there and suggests who will start.

Btw, I saw Ty again the other day and I'd bet he's closer to 6'4 230 at this point. He's a big dude. Charleston's baseball season is over, so he's 100% football now.

root_hawg

He starts his first game as a freshman

ricepig

Quote from: root_hawg on June 07, 2014, 12:57:57 pm
He starts his first game as a freshman

Holding for extra points?

PorkRinds

Let me preface this by saying I've seen Ty play at least 10-15 times.  He's a really good football player. He's also a really good kid with a great head on his shoulders. That said, if the hogs are in a situation where the best option they have at QB is a true freshman from a 3A school in Arkansas, we are in deep trouble. That would not be a good situation. I have to think Brandon, Austin, or at the very lease peavey with a red shirt year would be a better option.

grayhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 07, 2014, 02:28:42 pm
Let me preface this by saying I've seen Ty play at least 10-15 times.  He's a really good football player. He's also a really good kid with a great head on his shoulders. That said, if the hogs are in a situation where the best option they have at QB is a true freshman from a 3A school in Arkansas, we are in deep trouble. That would not be a good situation. I have to think Brandon, Austin, or at the very lease peavey with a red shirt year would be a better option.
If we are really going to run a pro type offense, Ty probably has the best arm of any we have or have committed.

root_hawg

No probably about it, he can spin the rock

Flatline

Ty is a gifted athlete and very intelligent.  His father was a coach, his mother was a teacher, his study of the game is as impressive as his ability to play it. 

c-townfan

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 06, 2014, 06:56:44 pm
his footwork needs adjustment . he tends to dance or hop around an awful lot .

Works out well for Peyton Manning.

bennyl08

Peavey is kind of Connor Shaw-esque (judging from what little any of us have seen from him).

Storey is more like Mallett but with Wilson's mobility.

Saying that Storey would start over Peavey is not a knock on Peavey. Plus, I don't think Storey will start his true freshman season. I think he probably could and be successful, but he won't have to. Summer 2015 is when Austin or Peavey will transfer, especially with Storey coming in the spring.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse