Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Storey to Enroll Early

Started by The_Iceman, May 06, 2014, 10:50:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=1399788&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2f2%2f1399788.html

Good news for the Hogs. This kid is special.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371004/ty-storey

Peppa Pig

hogwild210

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

PorkRinds

I love that the coaches are getting so many players to enroll early. 

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HOGINTENNESSEE

IMO this kid will be the starter in 2016.

HogWildBison2011

Another tidbit about early enrollment I believe Daytrieon Dean will most likely enroll early as well. He is taking courses at UAFS this summer to become academically eligible to do so.

Dark Helmet Hog

HogsonHicks

May 06, 2014, 12:02:40 pm #8 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:13:12 pm by HogsonHicks
In addition to the obvious physical tools, this kid's poise and awareness in the pocket are exceptional for a young player.  He really moved around in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield.  Very impressive video.

hawksdad75

Zach Rogers will enroll early as well could have 4 early guys

The_Iceman

Enrolling early is so important for these players. It gets them that much further along in their development.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 06, 2014, 12:38:51 pm
Enrolling early is so important for these players. It gets them that much further along in their development.

Yep, gives them a full spring to work through.  It's got to be a huge leg up.  Even if a guy redshirts his first year, that extra spring practice is something that can make a huge difference.

MH04

Is there a limit on how many can enroll early? And does anybody know how many scholarship we can count back? Thanks

PorkRinds

It also just struck me that if he's already making plans to enroll early, there is pretty much no chance of him wavering on his commitment, which is never bad news.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 06, 2014, 01:06:52 pm
It also just struck me that if he's already making plans to enroll early, there is pretty much no chance of him wavering on his commitment, which is never bad news.

I don't think he's going anywhere, but he could enroll early about anywhere, too.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: hawksdad75 on May 06, 2014, 12:13:15 pm
That sounds amazing! I really cannot wait for Mr Rogers to get to campus. He will have a huge chance to lead the best OL in the nation!

ricepig

Quote from: hawksdad75 on May 06, 2014, 12:13:15 pm

How's the knee coming along?

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: MH04 on May 06, 2014, 01:02:01 pm
Is there a limit on how many can enroll early? And does anybody know how many scholarship we can count back? Thanks

I don't think there is a limit on who can enroll early. 

Correct me if I am wrong but we signed 24 in 2014. We could count back 1 to 2013 so  we only signed 23 for 2014.  So 2 will carry over to 2015 but must enroll early (which Storey, Rogers, or Dean will meet that requirement.  So if there is room under the 85 we should be able to sign 27.

pillowhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 06, 2014, 12:38:51 pm
I agree.  Good news

pillowhog

Enroll him now he looks over 20 in that pic

Nipsey Mussle

Sounds like his parents (Ty's dad is the Charleston HS principal) preached education and it's paid off for Storey and for the Hogs.

tophawg19

which means coaches have told him he will be in the mix early . Which also opens a door for someone like Ross Trail to be signed and redshirted . Trail is really starting to impress everyone in the Elite 11 camps
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: secneahog on May 06, 2014, 10:11:58 pm
Rafe says hi.

I think he is better than Rafe. I could be wrong. But I believe he is.

Nipsey Mussle

We could perhaps just let the position battles play out rather than anointing anyone 2 years in advance...just a thought.

CDBHawg

Quote from: secneahog on May 06, 2014, 10:11:58 pm
Rafe says hi.

Austin says hi. Rafe is 3rd string at the moment.

secneahog

Quote from: CDBHawg on May 06, 2014, 10:43:28 pm
Austin says hi. Rafe is 3rd string at the moment.

Which he should be, he's a true freshman. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

blu

BA, AA, Rafe and Ty all competing next spring - that's going to be interesting. I cannot remember that kind of depth at QB ever before.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

crabeyes

Hopefully this lights a fire under all our qbs. Competition is always a good thing!

tophawg19

Coaches are also taking a closer look at Ross Trail . Who is grabbing a lot of attention  on the elite 11 camp . Wonder if they expect a transfer or are just looking for all the good qb's possible . it looks like he is going to get a visit from the U OF A . Storey comes in early and counts back to last year . bring in Trail and redshirt him . that would separate them in classes . I think we had 1 scholarship unused from this last class although i may be wrong . Peavy -- good arm and awareness , very mobile . Storey very strong arm, good awareness , not as mobile but can get positive yards . TRAIL -- Good combination of all these as well . 3 very gifted young guys . our future would be very bright . A Allen - has the talent but it just seems something is missing in his game . He is a student of the game but it has translated to the field yet

pigture perfect

That is great. Cheney is probably doing the happy dance. Get these Qb's in early and let them get really familiar with the system as soon as possible.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HOGINTENNESSEE

May 07, 2014, 06:59:48 am #31 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:19:11 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: BBsTheMan on May 06, 2014, 10:41:25 pm
We could perhaps just let the position battles play out rather than anointing anyone 2 years in advance...just a thought.

I said IMO. If I didn't like to give my opinion I wouldn't be on a message board.

If you don't like opinions maybe you shouldn't be on a message board.

Pork Twain

Quote from: twistitup on May 07, 2014, 06:11:12 am
Once again the guy on campus has become the next greatest thing.....can we pump the f'in breaks for a second. Let watch this thing play out without crowning the newbie

Amen...  We are getting worse than those calling for the backup qb.  Hell we are calling for the guy that is not even enrolled yet.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Peppa Pig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 07, 2014, 06:59:48 am
I said IMO. If I didn't like to give my opinion I wouldn't be on a message board.

If you don't like opinions maybe you shouldn't be on a message board.

I couldn't agree more.  I've never understood those who get offended when you speculate "2 years in advance."  Or when you dare to look ahead a few games instead of "taking it one game at a time."  Wild speculating, coach bashing, and unreasonable optimism/negativity is kind of what we do here.

But back to the topic, getting any recruit on campus early is a huge help but especially the QB.  Having both Rafe and Ty get that extra work in the system is going to pay huge dividends.

CDBHawg

Quote from: secneahog on May 06, 2014, 11:21:42 pm
Which he should be, he's a true freshman.

And in 2016 he'll be a Junior or RSSo.

pillowhog

I dont think we should go after 2 QB's in a class especially with Ford a year behind Storey and Trail and also since we will have plenty of QB's already on campus

hawksdad75

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2014, 01:16:26 pm
How's the knee coming along?
He is doing real good started spring ball at school and really getting better and moving well after knocking off the rust from almost a year out but making big strides every time i go watch him excited about how far he has come in really a short time.

HornetHog

All top programs will want to carry 3 to 4 QB's with 1 or 2 walk ons fighting their way as well.  As far as arriving early in the Spring...its great! and it does send that signal of committment. 

As a parent, you probably need to hear from the college coach that your son has a "very good" shot to play as a Fresh in order to have him miss his graduation, prom, etc. 

After watching his footage, he does a GREAT job of keeping his mind's eye down field (tough kid), and deals with preasure like a champ..very accurate! But does all of it out of the gun.  It'll be interesting to see how he transitions to underneath the center and opperates his play-action footwork ajdustments for the speed of the SEC .
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

PorkRinds

Quote from: HornetHog on May 07, 2014, 10:10:27 am
All top programs will want to carry 3 to 4 QB's with 1 or 2 walk ons fighting their way as well.  As far as arriving early in the Spring...its great! and it does send that signal of committment. 

As a parent, you probably need to hear from the college coach that your son has a "very good" shot to play as a Fresh in order to have him miss his graduation, prom, etc. 

After watching his footage, he does a GREAT job of keeping his mind's eye down field (tough kid), and deals with preasure like a champ..very accurate! But does all of it out of the gun.  It'll be interesting to see how he transitions to underneath the center and opperates his play-action footwork ajdustments for the speed of the SEC .

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Ty goes to both prom and graduation with his senior class.

HornetHog

hee hee you know what I mean.....the whole leaving the security of family, current friends, church, and way of life.  Lots of learning still going on for a Sr during their spring.   If he's not in the running for seeing the field during the fall, as a parent, I don't know if that's the right call.  Ive had QB students who graduated early and tried the early spring enrollment and actually called home wanting to come home from dealing with fellow teammates who were in a different mode as a "still HS kid".

tophawg19

Quote from: pillowhog on May 07, 2014, 09:35:25 am
I dont think we should go after 2 QB's in a class especially with Ford a year behind Storey and Trail and also since we will have plenty of QB's already on campus
[/quote

we just about have to go after Ross . we can use him and sure don't want to face him at another SEC school . he is going to be highly ranked too . You just can't leave a kid with that skill set out there for other SEC teams to steal

PorkRinds

Quote from: HornetHog on May 07, 2014, 11:10:32 am
hee hee you know what I mean.....the whole leaving the security of family, current friends, church, and way of life.  Lots of learning still going on for a Sr during their spring.   If he's not in the running for seeing the field during the fall, as a parent, I don't know if that's the right call.  Ive had QB students who graduated early and tried the early spring enrollment and actually called home wanting to come home from dealing with fellow teammates who were in a different mode as a "still HS kid".

I know what you're saying.  I don't know Ty or his family, but I am active in sports in this area. I've seen him play, heard him speak at events, and had a couple of conversations with him about things other than sports.  He's more mature than most juniors, and has a head on his shoulders that not many kids his age do.  I wouldn't be too worried about him not being ready. 

HornetHog

That's actually great to hear for Ty and the UofA.  Some kids just get it and also from having a solid family can take advantage of early enrollment.  I think its an incredible advantage for the QB position as well. Looking forward to watching him.

secneahog

Quote from: hawksdad75 on May 07, 2014, 09:54:00 am
He is doing real good started spring ball at school and really getting better and moving well after knocking off the rust from almost a year out but making big strides every time i go watch him excited about how far he has come in really a short time.

Zach is a stud. I really like how he plays the game, and if I remember right he's strong as a ox.

Plus the guy wears boots on visits. He will fit in just right in Arkansas.
Wps.

pillowhog

Quote from: secneahog on May 07, 2014, 12:18:48 pm
Zach is a stud. I really like how he plays the game, and if I remember right he's strong as a ox.

Plus the guy wears boots on visits. He will fit in just right in Arkansas.
Wps.
Not big on boots but its better than a flatbill

sickboy

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 06, 2014, 01:37:24 pm
Update: Ty Storey rated the #6 Pro-style QB for 2015.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2086589-ranking-the-top-10-2015-pro-style-qb-recruits-heading-into-the-summer/page/6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGy9oGT5dFQ

His accuracy is really solid. Even on plays where his mechanics break down, he still puts the ball exactly where it needs to be. And he's got enough arm strength to beat defenders to the receiver with the ball on his slants and outs inside 20 yards. I think he's going to be really successful for the Hogs.

The_Iceman

Quote from: sickboy on June 06, 2014, 02:02:58 pm
His accuracy is really solid. Even on plays where his mechanics break down, he still puts the ball exactly where it needs to be. And he's got enough arm strength to beat defenders to the receiver with the ball on his slants and outs inside 20 yards. I think he's going to be really successful for the Hogs.

Enroll early, redshirt, challenge for the starting job as a Redshirt Freshman (almost like a redshirt sophomore due to enrolling early).

sickboy

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 06, 2014, 02:12:09 pm
Enroll early, redshirt, challenge for the starting job as a Redshirt Freshman (almost like a redshirt sophomore due to enrolling early).

I think you're right. At that point, he'd potentially be going up against a Junior Austin Allen and, assuming Peavy gets a redshirt this year, a sophomore Peavy. That's a solid QB battle. If we play this right, we should have solid QB depth for the next five years.

Hawgzinbowlz

Good news and a head start.

85 DAYS AND COUNTING

" GO HOGS "