Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, this would be Interesting

Started by WilsonHog, May 05, 2014, 05:39:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 05, 2014, 05:44:46 pm
Arkansas was literally like three plays away from going 6-6 with a bowl last year.
A "whole lot better" this year WOULD translate to more wins. They were right there by the end of the season last year.

Arkansas is going to give teams fits this year. They are big, physical, disciplined, and well coached. They will surprise some teams. I'm thinking they start with Auburn.

Also only a couple plays away from only having 2 wins as they were down to Samford in the 4th Quarter.  And all but 3 of the losses were by 10 points or more....
SEC!

MJ2

This is basically what a lot of us have said.   Even with significant improvement, we could still end up with 0 confernce wins because the conference is unbelievably tough and only getting tougher.   Improvement is measured in wins and there just aren't many available.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: MJ2 on May 06, 2014, 12:53:49 pm
This is basically what a lot of us have said.   Even with significant improvement, we could still end up with 0 confernce wins because the conference is unbelievably tough and only getting tougher.   Improvement is measured in wins and there just aren't many available.

I kind of disagree with the conference will be more improved than last year when you have just about half of them starting new QBs for the first time. 

We should win at least 1 sec game.  5-7 is what I am predicting even though I feel that is the low end of it.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Razorhawg09

Quote from: kj0N on May 06, 2014, 12:22:10 pm
Jackson, Hodge, Johnson, Philon, Marks, Winston, Watts

How many DTs do you think we need, dude?
Winston is a DE. Watts is redshirting. Johnson is 265 pounds. Marks isn't ready. So that leaves three with one being a true freshman.

yocdaddy

We have the toughest schedule according to last year's records.....Hello, those were last year's records.  Not a single game has been played yet.  It's hard for fans to separate success or failure from last season when considering future performance. 

The Hogs will be much better on defense and improved offensively.  The offense will have much better balance and should not have to rely solely on the running game.  Let teams load up the box, we are going to have Henry and Sprinkle that are tremendous mismatches in the passing game.  We will have enough skill on the field to make teams play us honest, which they didn't have to last season.  Look at the LSU game at the end of last season as proof. 

We lost 2 games last season in the final few minutes of the game because our defense was so bad.  Think about that...our offense was good enough to win and we lost late on  defense.  6-6 will be an improvement.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

trashcan maN

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on May 06, 2014, 01:34:57 pm
Winston is a DE. Watts is redshirting. Johnson is 265 pounds. Marks isn't ready. So that leaves three with one being a true freshman.
I'm almost positive Winston will be a 3 down DT come fall camp. We're definitely thin at DT, but if Jackson is as good as advertised, a Philon/Hodge/Winston/Jackson 2 deep wouldn't be terrible.

Johnson could also push for PT; he's gotten alot of praise from the new defensive coaches.

Hawgzinbowlz

We could be better than last year and not post any more wins, and... we could be better than last year and post 3-4 more wins.
Too much talk, "let's get this party started".

" GO HOGS "

PonderinHog

Quote from: Mike_e on May 06, 2014, 12:05:42 pm
It shouldn't take these two very long to get up to speed.  Hopefully we won't need them this year but Chances are pretty good that they could be gotten ready in time.

Sorry but my comp doesn't like posting youtube links on here, maybe somebody else could fix it.
Works fine for me.

VT HOG

May 09, 2014, 02:19:41 pm #58 Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:29:55 pm by VT HOG
Coach Bielema has this thing ready to roll. He's building the program the right way, no short cuts.