Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just a Random Coaching Suggestion From an Armchair Quarterback

Started by HogFanatic, May 05, 2014, 05:18:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on May 06, 2014, 05:32:01 pm
Really I am very surprised coaches don't do this. The benefits of a good grappling foundation for linemen, especially d-linemen, would be tremendous.
The Iceman had amazing takedown defense
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogFanatic

Quote from: BeoPig™ on May 06, 2014, 05:53:49 pm
The Iceman had amazing takedown defense

That he did. That guy has offensive lineman written all over him. In technique anyways. He isn't nearly big enough. Pass protection that is.

rusvegashog

It's a good thing Todd Day had such a long swing it gave his brain time to catch up w what his arm was doing. I equate it to locking your keys in your car. When you go to close that car door your sure of yourself but no sooner than you let go of that handle or push that door you realize you've effed up, so u try and hold up, but its too late. Todd Day's brain was telling his fist to hold up.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: rusvegashog on May 07, 2014, 03:03:51 am
It's a good thing Todd Day had such a long swing it gave his brain time to catch up w what his arm was doing. I equate it to locking your keys in your car. When you go to close that car door your sure of yourself but no sooner than you let go of that handle or push that door you realize you've effed up, so u try and hold up. Todd Day's brain was telling his fist to hold up.

Yeah, he put the backpedal on it, and followed that up with the old "Let me at him" move of making sure someone was holding him back.  I had forgotten how violently he shoved the ref.  He'd get a few games for that now...minimum. 

LJ was just stalking him with what looked like a "I know you did NOT just do that" look on his face.  But my goodness...those teams were GREAT.  I still contend that those Mayberry, Day, Miller teams would have given the 94 team all they could handle, but they just faced stiffer competition during their heyday. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

rusvegashog

Looking back on it, its pretty hilarious to watch. He didn't want any of Grandmama that's for sure. I agree they probably had the better individual talent of the two different Nolan teams. Weren't near as deep as the Corliss squads of 94 and 95. Still if those MayDay teams don't exist those championship teams likely don't either. It was quite a run we had.