Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the Bench - Opening Loss to Heavy Favorite Auburn Could Put Pall on Rest of Season

Started by Robert Shields, May 05, 2014, 10:14:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 10, 2014, 12:59:34 pm
You do not get it. I've been registered since the beginning. 8 years. Ash has been registered less than 1 year. He is averaging more posts per day than me by a good measure. And same for you, hoss. You spend a bit too much time posting here given your daily post average. But, that is the difference in our lives. I have other things to do.
Once again you're totally clueless (imagine that). Before you "crow" about your "inactivity" of course you've already considered the fact that based on your 8 years as a member divided by your (right at) 16,400 posts that works out to right at 2,050 posts annually, or about six per day. While I have no idea what your "standard" is for posting is seems to me you ain't exactly been asleep when it comes to activity. BTW who TFAU to even comment on such? I mean who made a you mod or god of this site? Perhaps if you're really so bothered by how much some one posts it's because you apparently have nothing more to do than to keep count of how many times they sign on, post or whatever. In mean who really does that (or even cares)? To some that'd be known as a stalking which is creepy enough in its own right. Then again as a self-admitted troll you'd be concerned with such things.

Hogjim

Professor saids Auburn will be toughest game for Hogs until Alabama,playing Texas Tech in Lubbock will be no picnic.Petrino back at Arkansas in a year or two to finish what he started,i think its called Winning

Means-well

Do not compare AU starting out this season to last. Marshall had been there a month and they were playing a wash st team with an offense even crazier than theirs. I think they will start off this season pretty sharp. Many analyst are saying AU will be better than bama or lsu.  We need to be ready and expectations need  to be managed.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 10, 2014, 12:59:34 pm
You do not get it. I've been registered since the beginning. 8 years. Ash has been registered less than 1 year. He is averaging more posts per day than me by a good measure. And same for you, hoss. You spend a bit too much time posting here given your daily post average. But, that is the difference in our lives. I have other things to do.

I think it's sort of cute that you're going out of your way to keep up with other people's post counts.  You do see the irony right?  You have time to research post counts, but it's the other people with no life.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 08, 2014, 04:46:26 pm
Yep, your point about losing to any of three weak non-conf foes would be far more damaging is exactly what I thought of when the thought of a loss to ULM back in '12 flashed through my mind. Now THAT, dear friends, was a blow we NEVER recovered from that year. In fact I think it haunts us to this day.

Just now saw this.  My worst moment as a fan.  Sure, the nuclear bomb that was the wreck/finding out of the affair/firing was pretty low (I think I drank more that week than I have since I was 19), but I naively thought we could still salvage together an 8 win season at worst.  Then the OT of the ULM game came and we only got the FG, and that's when it occurred to me that we might actually lose.  4th down...scramble by the QB...nobody around for miles...that moment you realize he's going to score...I can't get that image out of my mind.  I'll never watch that game again.  I don't need to.

I don't think we've fully recovered yet either.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Camera Hog on May 05, 2014, 11:15:38 am
Not to pile on, but this is atrocious. We have zippo to lose. They may kick our tails, but there is a lot more pressure on the "University of Auburn" (as one of their recruits called them). As some have pointed out, we rebounded nicely from the USC loss. I'd rather play them early than late.

^ this

I like opening u p against them, and I believe we'll play them tough. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 10, 2014, 01:17:45 pm
Once again you're totally clueless (imagine that). Before you "crow" about your "inactivity" of course you've already considered the fact that based on your 8 years as a member divided by your (right at) 16,400 posts that works out to right at 2,050 posts annually, or about six per day. While I have no idea what your "standard" is for posting is seems to me you ain't exactly been asleep when it comes to activity. BTW who TFAU to even comment on such? I mean who made a you mod or god of this site? Perhaps if you're really so bothered by how much some one posts it's because you apparently have nothing more to do than to keep count of how many times they sign on, post or whatever. In mean who really does that (or even cares)? To some that'd be known as a stalking which is creepy enough in its own right. Then again as a self-admitted troll you'd be concerned with such things.
Looks like a hit a major nerve here! Uh oh! Sorry you are posting so much. Haha.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on May 11, 2014, 02:56:04 pm
Not really understanding the necessity of the original post or the entire thread. They are going to lose, and it is going to be a bad season. Get over it.
Must. Kick. Rocks.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on May 11, 2014, 02:56:04 pm
Not really understanding the necessity of the original post or the entire thread. They are going to lose, and it is going to be a bad season. Get over it.

It's a dead giveaway when supposed Hog fans refer to the team as "they."  Obviously, you're a troll from another school.  Please...pound sand. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hogwild

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 11, 2014, 10:01:56 pm
It's a dead giveaway when supposed Hog fans refer to the team as "they."  Obviously, you're a troll from another school.  Please...pound sand.

I think you are wrong, he isn't a troll from another school, he is a hogfan.  He registered for this site 10 years ago and has over 1,700 posts, most supportive of the program.
I believe that he is a hog fan who utterly hates BB, Long, or both.  Our fan-base is very polarized, a lost to Gus(not Auburn mine you) in the opener it will become worse.  We have seen the enemy and it is ourselves.

Means-well

I think anyone who posts right now that we have to beat AU is setting us up for a long, more divisive  autumn on hogville. It's not useful or realistic, and could be destructive to long term progress of team. Sure upsets happen but we're talking cover of si kind of upset.

weresoclose

If Brett could beat Gus it would save his job.  He is looking at being shown the door in less than 2 calendar years, and he needs a signature win.  Now, I don't believe Brett can beat Gus before he is fired, but if he did it could save his job, almost single handedly for at least a 4th year...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 08, 2014, 04:46:26 pm
Yep, your point about losing to any of three weak non-conf foes would be far more damaging is exactly what I thought of when the thought of a loss to ULM back in '12 flashed through my mind. Now THAT, dear friends, was a blow we NEVER recovered from that year. In fact I think it haunts us to this day.

The loss to Rutgers last year was similar. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: weresoclose on May 12, 2014, 10:30:38 am
If Brett could beat Gus it would save his job.  He is looking at being shown the door in less than 2 calendar years, and he needs a signature win.  Now, I don't believe Brett can beat Gus before he is fired, but if he did it could save his job, almost single handedly for at least a 4th year...

You are dreaming.  Bret will get AT LEAST three years.  At least.  Not a chance he gets fired after next season for play on the field.  Only a personal scandal would do it, and I don't see that happening.

weresoclose

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 12, 2014, 10:35:47 am
You are dreaming.  Bret will get AT LEAST three years.  At least.  Not a chance he gets fired after next season for play on the field.  Only a personal scandal would do it, and I don't see that happening.

Sparky, maths say less than 2 calendar years can give Brett 3 full seasons of coaching.

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: weresoclose on May 12, 2014, 10:30:38 am

Less than 2 calendar years, huh?

I can't begin to imagine where you come up with this "stuff".  smh
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

PorkRinds

Means-well

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on May 12, 2014, 10:43:06 am
Less than 2 calendar years, huh?

I can't begin to imagine where you come up with this "stuff".  smh

3years? That's assuming a Derek Dooley scenario/meltdown. There's glass half empty thinking but .... wow.

PORKULATOR

We'll win against those freakin losers, the Gus bus and their 6 plays of offense..
I'll be in Chattanooga tn then and may go to that game. Not that far away. I'll the guy yelling Poor Beagle at their fans that can't stand my Razorback gear and tattoo.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 11, 2014, 01:45:09 pm
Looks like a hit a major nerve here! Uh oh! Sorry you are posting so much. Haha.
Major problem is I'm not the one who has the +18k posts here. Since YOU'RE the one who obviously has the problem with how many posts someone has it appears you might to include yourself-BTW whether you've been on here 8 years or 8 months  since you apparently share the problem. One other thing: As you were obviously on the computer posting on HV at the time on Saturday and therefore too busy to catch the draft status of various Hogs, it seems to me you have nothing else better to do. But on second thought I can perfectly understand rather than actually following the draft's progress you'd prefer to spend all your time regulating and counting everyone's usage and all...I think the mods should designate you as "HV (Post) Counter Cop". Nice tag for a self-proclaimed troll.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 12, 2014, 11:52:09 am
Major problem is I'm not the one who has the +18k posts here. Since YOU'RE the one who obviously has the problem with how many posts someone has it appears you might to include yourself-BTW whether you've been on here 8 years or 8 months  since you apparently share the problem. One other thing: As you were obviously on the computer posting on HV at the time on Saturday and therefore too busy to catch the draft status of various Hogs, it seems to me you have nothing else better to do. But on second thought I can perfectly understand rather than actually following the draft's progress you'd prefer to spend all your time regulating and counting everyone's usage and all...I think the mods should designate you as "HV (Post) Counter Cop". Nice tag for a self-proclaimed troll.
This really got your dander up. Wow. Average posts per day is the key as date of registration is or can be greatly different among all posters. Just go over to a corner of the room you are in and gather yourself before you get too upset over the issue of your posting per day average.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 12, 2014, 11:58:54 am
This really got your dander up. Wow. Average posts per day is the key as date of registration is or can be greatly different among all posters. Just go over to a corner of the room you are in and gather yourself before you get too upset over the issue of your posting per day average.
Again, I'm not the one that brought the question of the # of posts, etc. up to begin with.  I know of no one else who's even brought up such an asinine subject.  So if you're talking about going to sit in the corner and calm down perhaps you should buy a mirror and look at the image that comes back (if said mirror doesn't share). As I mentioned in my previous post though I'll certainly give you credit for admitting you're a troll. Problem is from what I've seen most people on here understandably despise such cretins.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogwild on May 12, 2014, 10:16:50 am
I think you are wrong, he isn't a troll from another school, he is a hogfan.  He registered for this site 10 years ago and has over 1,700 posts, most supportive of the program.
I believe that he is a hog fan who utterly hates BB, Long, or both.  Our fan-base is very polarized, a lost to Gus(not Auburn mine you) in the opener it will become worse.  We have seen the enemy and it is ourselves.
That last quote: is that you Pogo?

Northrock Hog

REALLY??? We haven't played the first game and the season is over...........
I'm going anyway.
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. That means you should listen twice as much as you talk.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Northrock Hog on May 12, 2014, 12:51:04 pm
REALLY??? We haven't played the first game and the season is over...........
I'm going anyway.
Yeah, apparently to ole "King Solomon" Shields even if we went 11-0 the rest of the way that opening loss to AWbarn would make the whole season a total bust.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 12, 2014, 12:20:10 pm
Again, I'm not the one that brought the question of the # of posts, etc. up to begin with.  I know of no one else who's even brought up such an asinine subject.  So if you're talking about going to sit in the corner and calm down perhaps you should buy a mirror and look at the image that comes back (if said mirror doesn't share). As I mentioned in my previous post though I'll certainly give you credit for admitting you're a troll. Problem is from what I've seen most people on here understandably despise such cretins.
You are the one doing all the posting. I don't have 20 posts in the last month. Are you concerned about what anonymous internet posters think of you? That is haha funny!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 12, 2014, 01:11:57 pm
You are the one doing all the posting. I don't have 20 posts in the last month. Are you concerned about what anonymous internet posters think of you? That is haha funny!
Well trust me when I say that I could give two sheets about what you think of me (or anyone else). In fact since I do try to stay as far away from self-admitted trolls as possible your "disapproval" of my posts are very reassuring. OBTW those 18,402 posts you show are exactly 18,402 too many for the intelligence level of this site.

weresoclose

And Vantage 8 and others like him have to post so much to defend the status quo, which does take quite a few posts after all...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: weresoclose on May 12, 2014, 02:29:25 pm
And Vantage 8 and others like him have to post so much to defend the status quo, which does take quite a few posts after all...
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 12, 2014, 01:56:24 pm
Well trust me when I say that I could give two sheets about what you think of me (or anyone else). In fact since I do try to stay as far away from self-admitted trolls as possible your "disapproval" of my posts are very reassuring. OBTW those 18,402 posts you show are exactly 18,402 too many for the intelligence level of this site.
Trust you? Haha. You do not try to stay away from anything. You cannot help but continue to post.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 12, 2014, 11:58:54 am
You are impressive with your finely honed skills.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Jim Harris

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on May 05, 2014, 12:50:25 pm
The last 2 seasons have taught me something...careful with that optimism.

When we open at Auburn--the most I'll hope for is a competitive game (like LSU last year). If we get more than that--great. I think most people here would realistically expect a loss. Auburn is still good...they've got the most underrated QB in the conference. Nick Marshall is the kind of player who could single-handedly beat us.

Given that game is an L, there's no reason we can't regroup and put a decent season together.

Arkansas could also knock Nick Marshall out of the game the way Ole Miss and Florida Atlantic did last season, if the Hogs hit the way they did in the Red-White game. I'm not advocating he should get hurt or that I wish it, but if I were the new defensive coordinator I would be telling my players in their opening game of the season that when he has the ball in his hands, or when he gives it off at the last second, it's fair game to let him know you are there.
And that alone would be a big step up from the way the defense played last season.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

razorjack12

Opening game of the season.

We have a veteran offense.

I'll take Arkansas +21.   

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.