Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I count us winning at least 7 games this year. Possible 8 with a bowl win.

Started by BabyBachsRibs, May 02, 2014, 11:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Call a Hog

Quote from: hog911 on May 03, 2014, 02:18:33 pm
Yeah,  if we beat auburn everyone will know we are better! But rest assured we will NOT beat Aurburn.

We may very well beat Auburn. Very glad the players don't think like you.

root_hawg

4-6 wins against what the NCAA has ranked as the toughest schedule in the country this year.

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 06:32:04 pm
I didn't say anything about Auburn. That would be a huge upset.

UGA is down one Aaron Murray, true, but that running attack led by Gurley is gonna be killer. Also, their Defense is now healthy and they lost only 1 starter. They could end up having the best D in America.

Also, do you not think that Hutson Mason will prove to be as good or better than Brandon Allen?

UGA may well win the SEC if Mason can be above average.

As for Ole Miss -- you don't think that Treadwell and Engram create matchup nightmares for our secondary? And Bo Wallace, while far from great, is the type of QB that we struggle to contain. On the flip-side, Cody Prewitt and company are going to make it very, very difficult for us to move the ball through the air. They should be able to stack the box against us all day.

I do think that our D line matches up well and should keep Bo Wallace from having too much time in the pocket, but he still scares me with his feet if our LB's can't contain him scrambling.

So other than the fact that they're from Mississippi (which didn't help us last year), what about the match up looks so favorable to you? I just don't see it.

I am just not sold on anybody replacing Murray until I see it. Murray was their heart and soul. Our D seems to be much improved and could theoretically stack the box and shut down Gurly and make the young QB beat us. Our run game looks to be much improved and using whiskey as a barometer Coach Bret has proven he is an ELITE run game coach. Our QB running play action off of an improved run game could be our key to victory. It can also be the pups key to victory as well if we can not stop their run game. They may have a good D but we are sandwiched between the east champs,Mizzu, and a hated rival,UF.Even though they have an off week after us it is Great place for us to be in. Easily overlooked by the pups and maybe they are gassed after Mizzu. Plus we have em at home. I think Allen can be better.

Ole Miss,well they are ole miss. They may show flashes but they are who they are. We run for 300 hunnett on them and again our play action pass is big on loosening up the DLine. If Wallace is scrambling that means our DL is doing something right. Plus Wallace is a pud.

I think our whole season hinges on our run game(going to be kick ass), play action pass(all we need is a game manager not John Elway),limiting QB  turnovers, and a stout D(I think we have that).

As far as another poster in this thread saying both Mississippi schools at the top of the SEC I have to see it to believe it. Every year one is touted to make a move to the top and every year they fail. Track record says NO WAY.

Our track record says historically  we are a good enough SEC team to make some noise every so many years in this league. Add to that an ELITE coach who learned from best and has a proven track record and we may very well be going places. Maybe not the promise land this year but we will definitely be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry for the late response.  I was edging my lawn.
#Elite

TheRazorback500

It would really be a feat to win 7-8 games against this schedule, but there is potential. There's a lot of 2-3 year players on this team that have been through a lot of negativity and seem ready to have some success. Options are becoming evident at QB. Marshall's shaken up the RB corps. More wide receivers and tight ends have shown more consistency. The O-line is improving and more talented help is on the way. The defensive line is solid and Bijhon's on the way. The back seven has shown at times that it knows what to do. I'm going to remain optimistic until I have reason not to. God bless the families of the tornado victim. WPS! :razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

I don't have a feel for how many we win but I don't think the Miss schools are gong to be real good this year.  MSU has a way of snatching defeat from victory time after time.  Their staff seems to never have that team 100 percent prepared.  OM will be OK, not real good.  We might win one of those 2, maybe.

Like last year, I figured 4 wins, then swigged the Kool Aid and moved that to 6.  History clearly indicates I was box of rocks stupid.  I don't see over 4 wins coming up this season.  I firmly believe poor coaching decisions cost us 2 games last season but I have no reason to believe that will change. 
QB is no different except we got a rookie RS Freshman backing a troubled starter.  Overall D should be better and the running should be better, but good enough to translate into wins, I don't know.

WayneHawg

I think we won't be much better than last year, having said that i believe the coaches lost three games last year and i think we finish 6-6 and make a bowl game! And that would be rewarding for players and fans alike!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 03, 2014, 12:46:23 am
you do realize the op is just making fun of optimistic fans right? he has been trolling the board for many threads.

Apparently not.  Guess they don't see 259 smites off of 63 posts.

popcornhog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on May 04, 2014, 02:33:55 pm
Apparently not.  Guess they don't see 259 smites off of 63 posts.

I think he's genuine, he just doesn't know a lot about football.
WPS

chitwnhog

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 07:21:46 pm
Yeah, I can't figure the OP out.

At first I thought he was a troll.

Then I thought he was just super optimistic.

But he refuses to explain in any detail why he thinks we'll win all of these games.rn

Concern Troll:  (Internet slang) Someone who posts to an internet forum or newsgroup, claiming to share its goals while deliberately working against those goals.

Cure

I have them winning 6, 7 if the offense can find any perimeter rhythm.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

code red

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 04, 2014, 10:13:27 pm
We might win 6.
Agreed...I just don't see how the Hogs are going to pull off wins.  They truly will not be favored in a single game...that is unless they can find a way to upset Auburn.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

opineonswine

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 02, 2014, 11:11:01 pm
What do y'all think?

4-5 would be a good "expectation".  It would take massive improvement to win 8.  We'll know after the first 3 games I think.  Hopefully we will be much better defensively and in our passing game, but our schedule is brutal.  6 would be terrific.

NWAVolFan

MSU will be better this year than they were last year. So will Arkansas, but the hogs will need an impressive performance to beat them on the road. I think aTm and Mizzou are more likely wins than either Mississippi school. Those two will struggle a lot this year, I'm predicting.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 02:41:52 pm
You only listed 5 wins plus a possible TTU win and toss-ups against A&M and Mizzou.

Even under your optimistic predictions we'd have to win all of the toss-ups and the possible TTU game. It sounds more like you're predicting at least 5 with as many as 8.

Originally you said AT LEAST 7 or 8, minimum.

UGA will be way better than last year. They suffered more unfortunate injuries last year than any other team in the country.

I don't see georgia being better after losing their QB and having to start a new one.  They might win 7 or 8 games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

GA should win at least 9 and we'll be one of them.  While I don't believe either Miss school will be in the top 6 of the SEC, both should beat us.  We might get really lucky and beat A&M but I am doubtful.  If we improve throughout the year, we might beat MO but at their house that looks doubtful.  The defensive backfield and the QB for us will nee to be at least 3 times better than last year for us to win a couple in the SEC and beat TTU.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hoghappy on May 03, 2014, 07:07:11 am
McCoolhog55?
I wish there was a listing under a person's profile that showed all the names they have used.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 02:28:13 pm
Which 8 you got?

If we do it, Bielema should be in the running for COTY.

I just hope our fans don't try to run our coach off to CODY, Wyoming if we don't win 6!

NWAVolFan

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 06:32:04 pm
I didn't say anything about Auburn. That would be a huge upset.

UGA is down one Aaron Murray, true, but that running attack led by Gurley is gonna be killer. Also, their Defense is now healthy and they lost only 1 starter. They could end up having the best D in America.

Also, do you not think that Hutson Mason will prove to be as good or better than Brandon Allen?

UGA may well win the SEC if Mason can be above average.

As for Ole Miss -- you don't think that Treadwell and Engram create matchup nightmares for our secondary? And Bo Wallace, while far from great, is the type of QB that we struggle to contain. On the flip-side, Cody Prewitt and company are going to make it very, very difficult for us to move the ball through the air. They should be able to stack the box against us all day.

I do think that our D line matches up well and should keep Bo Wallace from having too much time in the pocket, but he still scares me with his feet if our LB's can't contain him scrambling.

So other than the fact that they're from Mississippi (which didn't help us last year), what about the match up looks so favorable to you? I just don't see it.

UGA lost Wiggins and Harvey Clemons, starters in the secondary. Should lose Trey Matthews to criminal activity, another starter in secondary. Langley was projected started in the secondary, he moved to offense.

Any team with a decent passing attack and decent run defense will have a shot against UGA this year.

acey33

If we can develop any kind of passing game then I say it's very possible. 

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: acey33 on May 21, 2014, 07:47:38 am
If we can develop any kind of passing game then I say it's very possible.
Lord, this echos of the Nutt era. Of course, "expectations" of 4 or 5 wins and just hoping we might by some luck get 6 wins and go to a bowl of some sort also echos strongly of the Nutt Era. CBB better over achieve or he will be coaching in a half empty stadium with planes flying around left and right.

mrdavis

In my opinion,  if we win 6 or more games this year and go to a bowl,  considering the schedule and last season,  Bielema should be coach of the year.

hawgsalot

Quote from: code red on May 03, 2014, 01:55:52 pm
I think your delusional.  Let me remind you that we play 9 teams that went to bowls last year and 3 of them went to BCS bowl games.  We have an unproven QB........ regardless who plays and a secondary that is held together by a band-aid.   5 wins would be overachieving.

Sounds exactly like the Auburn debbie downers last year.  I mean EXACTLY!!!! 

hogcard1964

At Auburn-loss
Nicholls State-win
At Texas Tech-win
Northern Illinois-win
Texas A&M-win
Alabama-loss
Georgia Bulldogs-win
UAB-win
at Mississippi State-loss
LSU-loss
Ole Miss-win
at Missouri Tigers-win

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: mrdavis on May 21, 2014, 09:46:52 am
In my opinion,  if we win 6 or more games this year and go to a bowl,  considering the schedule and last season,  Bielema should be coach of the year.

6 wins will rarely ever get someone coach of the year.  Unless that team was 0-12 the year before.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Why do so many people think we will beat Georigia? We have a terrible record against them. I can understant TTU and A&M, but not Georgia.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on May 21, 2014, 10:11:28 am
Why do so many people think we will beat Georigia? We have a terrible record against them. I can understant TTU and A&M, but not Georgia.

I don't think we will beat them, but to say we don't have a chance I would have to disagree with that.  They are coming to Arkansas with a new QB and some new defensive players.  This would be our best chance to beat them.