Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I count us winning at least 7 games this year. Possible 8 with a bowl win.

Started by BabyBachsRibs, May 02, 2014, 11:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyBachsRibs

#Elite

reddogjcss

Tick Hog

at Auburn - closer then people think but Loss
Nich St- Win
at TT- ?
Bama- Loss
N Illinois - Win
A@M- ?
Georgia- Loss
UAB- Win
at MSU- Close Loss
LSU- Loss
Ole Miss- ?
At Missouri- interesting game if a W puts us in a bowl

You see teams get a little swag and play over their heads every year why can't it be us? A few breaks our way and we go bowling.

gchamblee

Quote from: reddogjcss on May 02, 2014, 11:13:43 pm
I like your thinking! I think 6 wins and a bowl will be huge!

you do realize the op is just making fun of optimistic fans right? he has been trolling the board for many threads.

popcornhog

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 02, 2014, 11:11:01 pm
What do y'all think?

Stop being a downer.

I see at least 11 wins.

Nichols St is the one upset to look out for.
WPS

chitwnhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 03, 2014, 12:46:23 am
you do realize the op is just making fun of optimistic fans right? he has been trolling the board for many threads.

No he doesn't get it...There's a sucker born every minute.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: Tick Hog on May 03, 2014, 12:08:14 am
Nich St- Win
at TT- ?
Bama- Loss
N Illinois - Win
A@M- ?
Georgia- Loss
UAB- Win
at MSU- Close Loss
LSU- Loss
Ole Miss- ?

You see teams get a little swag and play over their heads every year why can't it be us? A few breaks our way and we go bowling.

Wins over both Mississippi schools,UAB,Nichols, and N. Ill. Probable on TT, and toss ups over aTm without a Johnny football, Mizzu, and I think the wheels finally fall of of Richt's team this year. I believe we win 1 possibly 2 of the toss ups. I do not see what is so unreasonable about that. Maybe the negative nancies need to go support another school.
#Elite

JansterZ71

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

gmarv

i think 7 is doable of course i,m a sunshiner.i like being optismistic.
so poke fun i,m gonna dance in the sunshine until those pesky
clouds show up.

Dark Helmet Hog

3 to 9 wins with 6 being most likely. We could win 7-8 with much improved QB play.

Dark Helmet Hog

IF we were to beat Auburn in game 1, you will see people suddenly predicting 9-10 wins. Expectations will go out the roof immediately from almost everyone predicting less than 6 wins now.

HogFanatic

I agree with the OP on everything except Georgia. I think a sweep of the Mississippi schools is doable for sure. All of the OOC games. A&M will be ripe for the picking. Then it comes down to Mizzou.

There ya have it. It is possible. Maybe not probable, but doable.
If OP is a troll he knows his football and is showing the Hogs respect.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on May 03, 2014, 08:43:53 am
IF we were to beat Auburn in game 1, you will see people suddenly predicting 9-10 wins. Expectations will go out the roof immediately from almost everyone predicting less than 6 wins now.
That is true
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Hawgey-Davidson

Well I guess he gained entrance to The Tavern. Ive been on here since 2007 and still aint made it. Congrats Babybachtroll!

grim_sleeper

If we win 6 or more games with our schedule like it is and after what happened last year that should make Bielema coach of the year.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on May 03, 2014, 09:03:10 am
Well I guess he gained entrance to The Tavern. Ive been on here since 2007 and still aint made it. Congrats Babybachtroll!

This is rarely said on Hogville....Post More Read Less.

GuvHog

Let's put it this way: with what is coming in during the summer and what is already on campus, the Hog team is talented enough to win 8 games (9 with a bowl win). 6 or 7 wins will show noticeable improvement but will still be unacceptable IMHO. winning only 4 or 5 would be a disgrace.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

porkrindjimmy

Yeah....I think in the long run, it will be best for the team if we lose this game........
PRJ

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

It all hinges on the TTech game. Win, and you are bowl bound. Lose, and it will be a long year. I have money on you guys going to a bowl this year with some of my depressed Hog friends in Springdale, so I will be rooting for you.

chitwnhog

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on May 03, 2014, 11:04:04 am
It all hinges on the TTech game. Win, and you are bowl bound. Lose, and it will be a long year. I have money on you guys going to a bowl this year with some of my depressed Hog friends in Springdale, so I will be rooting for you.

I agree. With a win over TT we could easily be 4-1 going into Bama (yes I think we beat A&M in Dallas) and I believe if we can go into Bama 4-1 and make a good showing or even squeak out a win we will easily go bowling.

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: Chi-twn-hog on May 03, 2014, 11:55:42 am
I agree. With a win over TT we could easily be 4-1 going into Bama (yes I think we beat A&M in Dallas) and I believe if we can go into Bama 4-1 and make a good showing or even squeak out a win we will easily go bowling.

Sunshine pumping troll! Troll I say!
#Elite

code red

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 02, 2014, 11:11:01 pm
What do y'all think?
I think your delusional.  Let me remind you that we play 9 teams that went to bowls last year and 3 of them went to BCS bowl games.  We have an unproven QB........ regardless who plays and a secondary that is held together by a band-aid.   5 wins would be overachieving.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hog911

Quote from: Tick Hog on May 03, 2014, 12:08:14 am
Nich St- Win
at TT- ?
Bama- Loss
N Illinois - Win
A@M- ?
Georgia- Loss
UAB- Win
at MSU- Close Loss
LSU- Loss
Ole Miss- ?

Ole Miss is loaded and Missouri has better talent coming back and it's on the road! At best four wins and I fully expect to lose to Texas Tech. So 3-9 is very reasonable and even though Northern Illinois lost a bunch of seniors, they are very well coached and will be tough. So 2-10 is guarenteed!

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: code red on May 03, 2014, 01:55:52 pm
I think your delusional.  Let me remind you that we play 9 teams that went to bowls last year and 3 of them went to BCS bowl games.  We have an unproven QB........ regardless who plays and a secondary that is held together by a band-aid.   5 wins would be overachieving.

Name the losses.
#Elite

code red

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 03, 2014, 01:57:47 pm
Name the losses.
It would be easier to name the wins.  We will not beat Ole Miss no way.  They have running backs galorie and the defense is unreal.  I say we actually will go 4-8 with a loss at TT and a win vs. aTm or Mizzou.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Kenny Sowers

CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

code red

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 03, 2014, 07:07:39 am
Wins over both Mississippi schools,UAB,Nichols, and N. Ill. Probable on TT, and toss ups over aTm without a Johnny football, Mizzu, and I think the wheels finally fall of of Richt's team this year. I believe we win 1 possibly 2 of the toss ups. I do not see what is so unreasonable about that. Maybe the negative nancies need to go support another school.
The wheels fell of UGA last year....this year they will not lose.  aTm has a freshman Q that already is on campus and already has absorbed the playbook.  Mstate has this QB...maybe you have heard of him....Prescott??  They will be tough as nails esp at Starkvegas.  We all need to look at our schedule and realize we will not be favored in 9 of 12 games.  This has nothing to do with me being negative and everything to do with building a program....Hogs will take more lumps this year...just a fact.

Jamie Jones

I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

hog911

Yeah,  if we beat auburn everyone will know we are better! But rest assured we will NOT beat Aurburn.

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: code red on May 03, 2014, 02:14:24 pm
The wheels fell of UGA last year....this year they will not lose.  aTm has a freshman Q that already is on campus and already has absorbed the playbook.  Mstate has this QB...maybe you have heard of him....Prescott??  They will be tough as nails esp at Starkvegas.  We all need to look at our schedule and realize we will not be favored in 9 of 12 games.  This has nothing to do with me being negative and everything to do with building a program....Hogs will take more lumps this year...just a fact.

I mean the wheels REALLY fall off. Enough so that Richt  is officially on the hot seat. Enough so that if he does not win 9-10 the next year he may be gone. If that happens I hope they break Awbren's heart and make a run at Gus.
#Elite

popcornhog

Quote from: jhawg2009 on May 03, 2014, 02:14:41 pm
This team wins at least 8 games this season.

Which 8 you got?

If we do it, Bielema should be in the running for COTY.
WPS

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 02:28:13 pm
Which 8 you got?

If we do it, Bielema should be in the running for COTY.

I could see that happening.
#Elite

popcornhog

WPS

BabyBachsRibs

#Elite

popcornhog

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 03, 2014, 02:37:07 pm
I listed them earlier in this thread.

You only listed 5 wins plus a possible TTU win and toss-ups against A&M and Mizzou.

Even under your optimistic predictions we'd have to win all of the toss-ups and the possible TTU game. It sounds more like you're predicting at least 5 with as many as 8.

Originally you said AT LEAST 7 or 8, minimum.

UGA will be way better than last year. They suffered more unfortunate injuries last year than any other team in the country.
WPS

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 02:41:52 pm
You only listed 5 wins plus a possible TTU win and toss-ups against A&M and Mizzou.

Even under your optimistic predictions we'd have to win all of the toss-ups and the possible TTU game. It sounds more like you're predicting at least 5 with as many as 8.

Originally you said AT LEAST 7 or 8, minimum.

UGA will be way better than last year. They suffered more unfortunate injuries last year than any other team in the country.

I don't think we lose all the toss ups. We could win all of them. With the bowl victory we hit 8 in my opinion.
#Elite

popcornhog

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 03, 2014, 02:52:24 pm
I don't think we lose all the toss ups. We could win all of them. With the bowl victory we hit 8 in my opinion.

Right. But you said in the OP that we would win a minimum of 7 or 8 games.

Your breakdown indicates that you're now predicting a maximum of 7-8 games.
WPS

Lysol

IMO def capable of 6 wins. But who knows, we could get some momentum and maybe a streak going. That's goes both ways though(W or L)

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Lysol on May 03, 2014, 03:33:24 pm
IMO def capable of 6 wins. But who knows, we could get some momentum and maybe a streak going. That's goes both ways though(W or L)

Yea, I think 6 is a good number.  We har three cupcakes right?

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 03:17:37 pm
Right. But you said in the OP that we would win a minimum of 7 or 8 games.

Your breakdown indicates that you're now predicting a maximum of 7-8 games.

You may need to reread my prediction post. If things fall right with the toss ups(win them all) and a bowl win 10 would be the max. Reading comprehension and stuff.
#Elite

popcornhog

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 03, 2014, 03:44:07 pm
You may need to reread my prediction post. If things fall right with the toss ups(win them all) and a bowl win 10 would be the max. Reading comprehension and stuff.

Just for clarification, given my poor reading comprehension here, you're saying that all but three games (presumably LSU, AU and Bama?) you have us either favored or as toss-ups?

Love the optimism.

What do you like so much about the UGA and Ole Miss match-ups that makes you feel so positive?
WPS

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2014, 05:27:15 pm
Just for clarification, given my poor reading comprehension here, you're saying that all but three games (presumably LSU, AU and Bama?) you have us either favored or as toss-ups?

Love the optimism.

What do you like so much about the UGA and Ole Miss match-ups that makes you feel so positive?

No Murray.  They're a Mississippi school. If you are saying we have a chance to beat Awbrin then you most certainly think we can beat ole miss.
#Elite

popcornhog

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on May 03, 2014, 06:03:36 pm
No Murray.  They're a Mississippi school. If you are saying we have a chance to beat Awbrin then you most certainly think we can beat ole miss.

I didn't say anything about Auburn. That would be a huge upset.

UGA is down one Aaron Murray, true, but that running attack led by Gurley is gonna be killer. Also, their Defense is now healthy and they lost only 1 starter. They could end up having the best D in America.

Also, do you not think that Hutson Mason will prove to be as good or better than Brandon Allen?

UGA may well win the SEC if Mason can be above average.

As for Ole Miss -- you don't think that Treadwell and Engram create matchup nightmares for our secondary? And Bo Wallace, while far from great, is the type of QB that we struggle to contain. On the flip-side, Cody Prewitt and company are going to make it very, very difficult for us to move the ball through the air. They should be able to stack the box against us all day.

I do think that our D line matches up well and should keep Bo Wallace from having too much time in the pocket, but he still scares me with his feet if our LB's can't contain him scrambling.

So other than the fact that they're from Mississippi (which didn't help us last year), what about the match up looks so favorable to you? I just don't see it.
WPS

Lysol

I actually think both Miss schools will be near the top of the sec this year, not just the west. It's gonna be a tough year, 6 and a bowl game would be a major success

MtPorker

Take off those hog colored glasses, or put down the beer, whichever is clouding your judgment.

popcornhog

Quote from: Lysol on May 03, 2014, 07:14:24 pm
I actually think both Miss schools will be near the top of the sec this year, not just the west. It's gonna be a tough year, 6 and a bowl game would be a major success

Yeah, I can't figure the OP out.

At first I thought he was a troll.

Then I thought he was just super optimistic.

But he refuses to explain in any detail why he thinks we'll win all of these games.

WPS

Magic_Hogg

There is always just sheer optimism to fall back on.  Get out there and show 'em a clean a••.  Try your hardest.  Not much more you can do.

wupigsuey

I count the OP being bant in at least 7 days. Possible 8 with 6 days not logged in.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.