Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting Gragg Stat

Started by trashcan maN, April 24, 2014, 01:24:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

Will Gragg picked up his 35th offer yesterday from Indiana and broke the state record for most D1 offers.

He picked up his 36th today from Cincinatti.

Congrats to Will Gragg for being the most highly recruited Arkansas kid in history.

Wildhog

Happy for Gragg and the SEC rival that signs him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

trashcan maN

Quote from: Wildhog on April 24, 2014, 01:26:02 pm
Maybe he'll go to Indiana

online-with-swine

ISWYDT and I hope you aren't right.  However, I don't get a good feeling about him.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Break & Run

He's headed to Fayetteville this weekend with some other in-state kids.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

trashcan maN

He and KJ reportedly want to go to school together.

This makes me feel better about our chances than I might otherwise.

The Boar War

Quote from: kj0N on April 24, 2014, 01:46:30 pm
He and KJ reportedly want to go to school together.

This makes me feel better about our chances than I might otherwise.

That actually makes me feel worse.

trashcan maN

Quote from: The Boar War on April 24, 2014, 01:51:07 pm
That actually makes me feel worse.
What schools could you see them both ending up at together other than AR?

I think it improves our chances, because if the allure of staying home grabs just one of them, we could land both.

Break & Run

I don't think Gragg wants to go to AU.  If he and KJ want to go to school together, I think Arkansas is where they end up.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

trashcan maN

Quote from: Break & Run on April 24, 2014, 02:09:29 pm
I don't think Gragg wants to go to AU.  If he and KJ want to go to school together, I think Arkansas is where they end up.
Same

The Boar War

Quote from: kj0N on April 24, 2014, 02:01:02 pm

I think it improves our chances, because if the allure of staying home grabs just one of them, we could land both.

I don't know which school might sign both.  But I don't get a good feeling about Gragg and I have a bad feeling about Hill.  The idea that they might play together doesn't really help us as long as they don't seem that excited about Arkansas.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: kj0N on April 24, 2014, 02:01:02 pm

I could see both going to Bama.

trashcan maN

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on April 24, 2014, 03:06:46 pm
I could see both going to Bama.
That's who I'm worried about as well. If it's not Bama, and they play together, it should be us.

pigture perfect

I sure hope he chooses us. Keeping our 5 stars home is important.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Break & Run

I don't think KJ is that into Bama

HOGINTENNESSEE

The kid has Arkansas Made tattooed to his arms.

We have a better chance than any. Plus CBB has had more TE's drafted in the NFL than Saben, Miles, Freeze and Gus combined.

Wildhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 24, 2014, 03:37:20 pm

We have a better chance than any. Plus CBB has had more TE's drafted in the NFL than Saben, Miles, Freeze and Gus combined.

smh...
1909/1964/1965/1977

IBleedRazorbackRed

"Arkansas made" and "the university of arkansas made" are two completely different things. I sill think he's a hog in the end, but it's not because of his tattoo

Fighting Farmer

How does someone know that's a "state record"? How many did Keith Jackson have? Jerry Eckwood?

lumphog

YEP, If he's smart & I think he is.... This is a nobrainer. Go be another player at Bama (Like 10penny) or stay home & be a "Legend" like his brother. I think in the end, he makes a WISE choice.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on April 24, 2014, 04:31:41 pm
"Arkansas made" and "the university of arkansas made" are two completely different things. I sill think he's a hog in the end, but it's not because of his tattoo

He would look pretty odd having that as a Tattoo playing at Ole Piss

HogsOfAnarchy

By what I've seen Gragg is rated as a 4 stat. Why are the chances he ends up a 5 star

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: mbcarnett on April 24, 2014, 05:07:02 pm
By what I've seen Gragg is rated as a 4 stat. Why are the chances he ends up a 5 star

The sad thing is if he wants to be a 5 star he needs to stay uncommitted as long as possible and keep ppl like ND and Bama in the running.

That will help more than anything he can do on the field

SEdrhawg

Tattoo definitely kept Reuben Foster from flipping from Auburn to Bama....

trashcan maN

Quote from: Fighting Farmer on April 24, 2014, 04:46:48 pm
How does someone know that's a "state record"? How many did Keith Jackson have? Jerry Eckwood?
Ask Trey Biddy. He's the one who reported it. I doubt he pulled it from his arse.

Vantage 8 dude

You obviously mean Arkansas. Thought I'd go ahead and correct that for you.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The Boar War on April 24, 2014, 02:20:01 pm
I don't know which school might sign both.  But I don't get a good feeling about Gragg and I have a bad feeling about Hill.  The idea that they might play together doesn't really help us as long as they don't seem that excited about Arkansas.
Sorry to inform you but one can't always go by what a kid says or how he says it. Often times you can; however, we've all seen plenty of instances where kids will even say or hint one thing and end up doing totally different.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: SEdrhawg on April 24, 2014, 05:35:57 pm
Tattoo definitely kept Reuben Foster from flipping from Auburn to Bama....

If Trooper Taylor had been kept. He would be at Auburn right now

Wildhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 24, 2014, 05:37:29 pm

Every single time. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 24, 2014, 05:37:29 pm

And thanks for correcting it!  I was wondering how an Arkansas fan could be so negative.

Quote from: The Boar War on April 24, 2014, 02:20:01 pm

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a recruit type "I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT ARKANSAS!!!" before.  Probably have, but not many.

Wildhog

If they're from In-state, and they decide to "enjoy the process," then historically we have a very small chance at landing them.

Then there's everything his dad posts on the scout board.
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: Wildhog on April 24, 2014, 06:40:36 pm
If they're from In-state, and they decide to "enjoy the process," then historically we have a very small chance at landing them.

Then there's everything his dad posts on the scout board.

The chance obviously isn't as good as those who commit early, but I wouldn't say that it's small.  It's not like we never have big instate players commit late.

Who's dad said what on the scout board?

Fighting Farmer

Quote from: kj0N on April 24, 2014, 05:36:44 pm
Ask Trey Biddy. He's the one who reported it. I doubt he pulled it from his arse.

You're kidding, right? That really tells me all that needs to be known.

Wildhog

Quote from: redeye on April 24, 2014, 06:49:56 pm
The chance obviously isn't as good as those who commit early, but I wouldn't say that it's small.  It's not like we never have big instate players commit late.

Who's dad said what on the scout board?

KJ's.

Lately, if he posts at all, it's defending a kid's decision to leave the state, or saying that Arkansas may not be the best fit for KJ.
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: Wildhog on April 24, 2014, 08:17:26 pm
KJ's.

Lately, if he posts at all, it's defending a kid's decision to leave the state, or saying that Arkansas may not be the best fit for KJ.

Yea, I don't find that surprising, although I won't give up hope.  In the past, I've considered Hill to be less enthusiastic about Arkansas then any other instate player.  Someone posted recently that Oregon is the team to beat for Hill and that wouldn't surprise me, either.  Even so, I don't think it's unusual for players to change their opinion, after building a relationship with schools/coaches, like Joe Adams did.

It's Hill's decision and he's the best person to know if Arkansas is a good fit for him.  If he decides to go elsewhere, then I'll wish him the best, unless he picks another SEC school.  We could really use him, but he has to do what's best for him.

Porked Tongue

Gragg is fairly tight with O'Grady too.  I think they both go Arkansas.

trashcan maN

April 25, 2014, 07:46:39 am #37 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:56:43 am by kj0N
Quote from: Fighting Farmer on April 24, 2014, 08:05:43 pm
You're kidding, right? That really tells me all that needs to be known.
If you want to be an argumentative prick, then go dig up the information and prove him wrong.

It's pretty standard to provide some information if you're going to call someone out for making things up.

linkshog

April 25, 2014, 10:23:47 am #38 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:37:49 am by linkshog
If they want to attend the same school I would be more worried about Okie State than any other.  Both have visited and KJ is a big fan of the pokes and their offense.  i dont view a kid leaving the state for a sport any different than a kid leaving for academics.  If a kid wants to be an engineer and gets a free ride to MIT or GA Tech then good for them.  If they decide to do that at U of A than good for them. I hope we get both of them.  I think the intimate visit and break down of how they'll use him at U of A was a big deal and only helped our chances.  It takes a certain kind of kid to want to work hard and build a winner vs jumoing on board with a team that is already established.  Lucky for us Gragg's brother was apart of the first type and reaped all the benfits of his hard work.  Will got to see that up close and first hand.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

Wildhog

I'm just trying to tell you guys not to get your hopes up.  We've seen this story many times.
1909/1964/1965/1977

razorback44

Bama and Ole Miss are the two you need to be worried about.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Piggfoot

I spoke to a female basketball player. No offer from Ark going to Va. She knows both Gragg and Sprinkle. Didn't know for sure but thought both were headed elsewhere. Looks like the coaches at Ark are soft playing the So Ark Kids, or maybe the kids  dislike the attitude of some HG posters who are obvious from NWA. I 've never seen a poster from NWA who has had anything complimentary about kids from central and south arkansas or their homes. I don't know why some people want to paint everyone who lives in the central and southern part of the state with the same brush. Some Arkansas posting on this site are Arkansas' worst enemies. The same brush these people are using may be used by the kids to paint NWA people.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Wildhog

Quote from: qdoc on April 25, 2014, 02:44:50 pm
I spoke to a female basketball player. No offer from Ark going to Va. She knows both Gragg and Sprinkle. Didn't know for sure but thought both were headed elsewhere. Looks like the coaches at Ark are soft playing the So Ark Kids, or maybe the kids  dislike the attitude of some HG posters who are obvious from NWA. I 've never seen a poster from NWA who has had anything complimentary about kids from central and south arkansas or their homes.

I'm sorry...  what?

Are you saying he doesn't have an Arkansas offer?
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

I spoke to a female basketball player. No offer from Ark going to Va. She knows both Gragg and Sprinkle. Didn't know for sure but thought both were headed elsewhere. Looks like the coaches at Ark are soft playing the So Ark Kids, or maybe the kids  dislike the attitude of some HG posters who are obvious from NWA. I 've never seen a poster from NWA who has had anything complimentary about kids from central and south arkansas or their homes.

What do posters on Home and Garden know about recruits? Your southern bias is showing, too.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on April 25, 2014, 02:50:07 pm
What do posters on Home and Garden know about recruits? Your southern bias is showing, too.
You've confirmed my statement. I don't get your home and garden comment. Are you smoking dope? Enough said.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Wildhog on April 25, 2014, 02:48:51 pm
I'm sorry...  what?

Are you saying he doesn't have an Arkansas offer?
No it's all about showing the kids unwavering "love" and attention. I posted earlier that Bielema was bypassing Jefferson County's Razorback meeting. Check that post out and see how it ran.

ricepig

Quote from: qdoc on April 25, 2014, 02:54:20 pm
You've confirmed my statement. I don't get your home and garden comment. Are you smoking dope? Enough said.

You said HG posters, and I don't live in NWA, I just get sick of the whining of those that do over their perceived slights. Why would the staff slow play anyone down there, did they slow play Bijohn?

ricepig

Quote from: qdoc on April 25, 2014, 02:58:28 pm
No it's all about showing the kids unwavering "love" and attention. I posted earlier that Bielema was bypassing Jefferson County's Razorback meeting. Check that post out and see how it ran.

He bypassed several this year, isn't Texarkana in south Arkansas? When was the last time Anderson was there?

The Boar War

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 24, 2014, 05:40:22 pm
Sorry to inform you but one can't always go by what a kid says or how he says it. Often times you can; however, we've all seen plenty of instances where kids will even say or hint one thing and end up doing totally different.

And we've all seen the norm where recruits who don't act interested in a school end up going to another school.  Most comments or plans are not accompanied by a wink and a nod. 

The Boar War

Looks like the coaches at Ark are soft playing the So Ark Kids, or maybe the kids  dislike the attitude of some HG posters who are obvious from NWA.

The coaches are definitely not slow playing Gragg or Hill.  Just like they didn't slow play Bell, Jackson, Tenpenny, and Day.  I also doubt that posters on an Auburn message board (for example) are going to be complimentary of Arkansas.  So that shouldn't make a difference.