Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 QB

Started by hogshead04, April 24, 2014, 07:06:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogshead04

Hogs are already working on a 2016 QB. Natchitoches Central, natchitoches, LA QB Austin Guy is said to be high on the Hogs. Hogs are very high on him. Pro style with a cannon for an arm. 6'4 215 lbs. outstanding athlete. MVP of his Class 5a State Championship Basketball team. Also a Pitcher for his baseball team with a fastball clocked in the upper 80's.

hogshead04

The_Iceman

Good looking QB. I kinda wonder what his hand size is. The ball looks kinda funny in his hand when he throws it. May be nothin' though....

pillowhog

Pro style QB?  Thats a strange observation to me.  Looks like an athlete with poor mechanics playing QB.  Reminds me some of Vince Young.  I would take him in a heartbeat.

HogsOfAnarchy

Quote from: pillowhog on April 24, 2014, 09:40:25 am
Pro style QB?  Thats a strange observation to me.  Looks like an athlete with poor mechanics playing QB.  Reminds me some of Vince Young.  I would take him in a heartbeat.
Over Ford?

pillowhog

Quote from: mbcarnett on April 24, 2014, 09:41:43 am

Over Ford?
Well No I think Ford will be the better pro style QB.  This kid seems like a freak athlete though so would love to get him.  Can we have both? 

HogsOfAnarchy

Quote from: pillowhog on April 24, 2014, 09:45:14 am
Well No I think Ford will be the better pro style QB.  This kid seems like a freak athlete though so would love to get him.  Can we have both?
Probably not both as quarterbacks. Especially with storey and peavey on campus.

pillowhog

Quote from: mbcarnett on April 24, 2014, 09:47:15 am
Probably not both as quarterbacks. Especially with storey and peavey on campus.
Peavy might have a hard time beating Storey out in a couple of years.  Saw Peavy last week and he looked small.

poloprince

Only one qb can play, so let's recruit some other positions please.
$PoLoPrInCe$

pillowhog

QB is the most important position.  I would rather recruit several.  Most QB's turn out to be bust so you need a few. 

Hogsforlife1990

I would not recruit him as a qb. Hes not afraid of contact and he has the size and strength to be a DE. He's definitely an athlete. I didn't see one play out of all of his highlights where he didn't just stare down one receiver. The only time he threw anywhere other than his primary was when he was flushed and scrambled out of the pocket. I'll take storey ford or peavey over him all day.

pillowhog

I will agree with that.  Doesnt look like a natural QB

secneahog

Quote from: hogshead04 on April 24, 2014, 07:06:51 am
Hogs are already working on a 2016 QB. Natchitoches Central, natchitoches, LA QB Austin Guy is said to be high on the Hogs. Hogs are very high on him. Pro style with a cannon for an arm. 6'4 215 lbs. outstanding athlete. MVP of his Class 5a State Championship Basketball team. Also a Pitcher for his baseball team with a fastball clocked in the upper 80's.

Hogs are very high on him. Don't tell that to the qb coaches that has already commented on this thread.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

yraciv

Quote from: pillowhog on April 24, 2014, 09:49:58 am
Peavy might have a hard time beating Storey out in a couple of years.  Saw Peavy last week and he looked small.

Do I have to bring up Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Johnny Manziel, etc?  We knew Peavey was short when we recruited him.  Look, we won't know what we've got until Storey gets to campus.  That being said, Rafe Peavey has been on campus all of 4 months, and is already competing for the backup QB position.  Clearly he has some upside, and though it doesn't say he'll translate to the NFL, he clearly has enough game to play Division 1 college football.

secneahog

Quote from: yraciv on April 24, 2014, 01:06:40 pm
Do I have to bring up Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Johnny Manziel, etc?  We knew Peavey was short when we recruited him.  Look, we won't know what we've got until Storey gets to campus.  That being said, Rafe Peavey has been on campus all of 4 months, and is already competing for the backup QB position.  Clearly he has some upside, and though it doesn't say he'll translate to the NFL, he clearly has enough game to play Division 1 college football.

Your arguing with the most elite qb evaluater in the nation.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

yraciv

Quote from: secneahog on April 24, 2014, 01:10:49 pm

Oh my bad! Just saw it was pillow, I'll stay quiet and defer to the expert.

BigSexyHog

Well guess the hogs should pass on this guy according to our recruiting experts..... smh
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

pillowhog

Quote from: secneahog on April 24, 2014, 01:10:49 pm
Yep

pillowhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 24, 2014, 01:50:04 pm
Well guess the hogs should pass on this guy according to our recruiting experts..... smh
You love to type crap that people dont even say.  Where did I say about passing on any of these QB's.  I bet you are one of the ones that were mouthing when I told everyone Newton would be better in the NFL than Mallett.  I told everyone Mustain was a joke, got killed on several sites by hog fans.  Said Tyler Wilson would never play in the NFL because he floated passes, had baseball throwing mechanics, and his hands were too small, got killed for that.  So just keep bringing it boys I'm used to the homers on these boards.