Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BA Stock Report - Week 10

Started by ucahogfan, April 23, 2014, 12:23:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

The Hogs are currently are the right side of the bubble according to Aaron Fitt.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/stock-report-week-10-4/

hogman64

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 23, 2014, 12:23:58 pm
The Hogs are currently are the right side of the bubble according to Aaron Fitt.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/stock-report-week-10-4/

I don't know how much credence RPI is given when it really comes down to the seeding and who is in and who is out but whatever it is , it is to much.  there are just some ridiculous examples of teams with higher  rpi's  that would be big favorites over teams with lower rpi's in a 3 game series.   If  a team from a weaker conference with the same record as ours had series wins over SC, Alabama and Vandy they would be the toast of college baseball but we have one of the best records in the nation or maybe the best against top 25 teams and we are on the bubble?.......that is just stupid.

BroyledNutts

Those with better memories may need to correct me, but I believe on the selection show last year RPI accounted for 50% of the selection criteria - along with conference record and wins against top 50 teams.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

13 of the 14 SEC teams are legitimate contenders for making the NCAAT.

dotnet

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 23, 2014, 11:03:58 pm
Those with better memories may need to correct me, but I believe on the selection show last year RPI accounted for 50% of the selection criteria - along with conference record and wins against top 50 teams.

I don't think there is a formula or anything to where 50% is the actual number used.  Though it was weighed heavily last year.

I think it will be a little better this year.  It does help when there is an entire article written by one of the leading college baseball writers explaining how you're really a top team.