Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 43 Thread: #24 Arkansas (26-16) vs. Northwestern State (22-18)

Started by ucahogfan, April 23, 2014, 10:40:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

First pitch is set for 3:05 this afternoon.  This game will not be televised.  Arkansas will send Freshman RHP Alex Phillips (3-0, 2.25 ERA) to the mound to try and pick up a nice midweek sweep.  Northwestern State will counter with Freshman LHP Devin Bear (0-1, 16.20 ERA) who has thrown all of 1.2 IP on the season so he is very much a wild card.  The Hogs had yet another solid offensive performance led by two freshmen who each had their first 3 hit game of their career at Arkansas:

I will not be able to do PBP this afternoon.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

It makes no sense to me to give Benintendi the day off after a 3 hit performance, but DVH probably wants to get Eagan ABs and wants Spoon to get hot down the stretch so Benintendi really becomes the odd man out.

ucahogfan

Northwestern State Starting Lineup
Gomez            2B
Dugas             1B
Brinson           LF
Daughdrill       3B
Lyons              RF
Kaufman          DH
Atkinson          SS
Heath              CF
Logan               C

On the mound - Freshman LHP Devin Bear (0-1, 16.20 ERA)

dotnet

Yeah, I don't get it.  I get you want to take out a lefty against a LHP - even if you're getting a lefty some reps... but still. 

Shorttimer

Quote from: dotnet on April 23, 2014, 02:10:49 pm
Yeah, I don't get it.  I get you want to take out a lefty against a LHP - even if you're getting a lefty some reps... but still. 
I'm guessing Eagan was probably told he'd get the Wednesday start prior to the series.  That said, I might have found another place for Benintendi just to keep him raking.

hogman64

Quote from: dotnet on April 23, 2014, 02:10:49 pm

makes you wonder why the day off wouldn't be better served going to Spoon....

dotnet

He has a slight quad strain - thats why he isn't in the lineup. 

If it was an SEC game he'd be in there - all according to DVH according to the radio.

sasnakrafan

http://www.nsudemons.com/showcase/?

here is the feed from the other team's site... however i am not having much luck.. let me know if you do?

bighog2255

That was an unbelievable play! Wernes and Anderson both were spectacular turning that. Saved at least 1 run

dotnet

I can't do PBP - but in the top of the first it went like this:

single to right
sac bunt
base hit to right, runners at corners, 1 out

runner took off for second - sharp hit up the middle. bernal made a diving stop and tossed it from his glove to 2nd.  Anderson bare handed the ball and gunned it to first for the double play.  one of the prettiest you'll ever see at any level...

Blutoblutarsky

Spoon- ground out to 3rd
Eagan- fly out to cf
Serrano- k swinging

hogman64

bighog2255

Solo home run by NW State to lead off the top of the 2nd. Not a good start for Phillips. Defense bailed him out in the 1st

SPAL

Maybe AB asked to rest? Maybe he is dinged up and wants a day off? It's not really uncommon. I'll defer to the head coach on it.

bighog2255

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 23, 2014, 03:25:04 pm
Maybe AB asked to rest? Maybe he is dinged up and wants a day off? It's not really uncommon. I'll defer to the head coach on it.

Chuck said sore hammy. "If it was an SEC game, AB would have been in the lineup"

Blutoblutarsky

Lyons- HR
Kaufman- fly out
Atkinson- fly out
Heath- liner back to Phillips

1-0 NW

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Fisher singles anderson home. 1-1.  Bax on second, Fisher at first

Blutoblutarsky

bighog2255

Great stroke by Wise. Best one I have seen from him this year. Would be great if he got going.

Blutoblutarsky

SPAL

Quote from: bighog2255 on April 23, 2014, 03:27:04 pm
Chuck said sore hammy. "If it was an SEC game, AB would have been in the lineup"

That's what I figured. Thanks

Blutoblutarsky

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Blutoblutarsky

Spoon singles. Hogs up 4-1. Spoon on 2nd after error by CF

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

hogman64

Quote from: bighog2255 on April 23, 2014, 03:34:31 pm
Great stroke by Wise. Best one I have seen from him this year. Would be great if he got going.

would be huge for our offense....he and Fisher hitting would make a big difference..

ucahogfan

Quote from: bighog2255 on April 23, 2014, 03:34:31 pm
I said earlier today that Wise was heating up this last week and raised his BA like 40 points after hitting over .300 in the 4 games last week.  Maybe he is finally getting fully healthy and if his bat is even half of what his defense is, that just isn't fair to opposing teams.

Blutoblutarsky

Hopefully Teague gets some work today. He'll be a good one

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

They're squaring Phillips up pretty good. Line out to Eagan. One down. Top of the order back up

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Wise.....full count.....Ks looking

6-1 Hogs heading to the 4th.

I'm out, going to enjoy 9 on this beautiful afternoon.

ucahogfan

That was Fisher's 7th HR of the year which is the most a Hog has hit since Reynolds hit 7 in 2012.  He also drove in his 28th and 29th RBIs of the year.

The last time a LHH hit 7 HRs for the Hogs was in 2010 with Cox and Wilkins.

jacobp

dotnet

HOG RED UMP

"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Just got in.

I can help for a while.

Hogs have scored 4 in the 2nd
2 in the third
and 3 in the 4th.

9-1 Hogs going to top of 5th

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S