Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New BWA Floor Coming?

Started by The_Iceman, April 23, 2014, 09:39:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Seems as if with the new changes to our official color, we will need to change the floor color to match the jerseys we have been wearing.

choppedporkextrasauce

Slobbering Hog looks good in either color.

trashcan maN

Slobbing Hog / Nolan Richardson court incoming ;)

dsims2k3

Quote from: kj0N on April 23, 2014, 10:31:09 am
I second that emotion.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

CallThemHawgs!

HogFaninMemphis

I may shed a tear if that happens.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

phadedhawg

The curse will never be lifted until this comes to pass

Cotton

Most of you know I'm against NR court, but hell for Slobberin' Hog... I'll concede. Consider that a compromise.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

The_Iceman

Slobbin' Hog won't be coming back. To be honest, I like the way the new court looks. I think it will look even better when they update the color to match the uniforms.

TrueBlue

Let's just compromise and have a Slobbering Nolan at mid-court.

Nosboar Accubond

Per Jeff Long and I quote "Uhh why? New tradition is on the court."  From his twitter in early March.

Though personally I would like to see it back in some fashion even if not at center court.

mhuff

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 23, 2014, 01:37:22 pm
Let's just compromise and have a Slobbering Nolan at mid-court.

I would slobber if we would go to the NCAA's.    ;)

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Ben Swine on April 23, 2014, 02:45:10 pm
Per Jeff Long and I quote "Uhh why? New tradition is on the court."  From his twitter in early March.

Though personally I would like to see it back in some fashion even if not at center court.
He's out of touch with the fan base on tradition. I just don't think he gets it. It's all about branding and trying to look cutting-edge/progressive.
I like the new uniforms, but there's nothing wrong with having classic logos.

GuvHog

Why??? Nolan deserves a higher honor.

I agree with slobbering Hog though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

root_hawg

How about a slobbering hog and the Nolan Richardson Urinals?

WBOBO

Is there a chance the slobbering Hog will come back? 
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

3kgthog

Quote from: WBOBO on April 26, 2014, 12:24:25 pm

As long as Jeff is here, NEVER. I have no inside knowledge, but Long's past moves should give you a clear indication of where this program is headed. The past will be white washed in favor of whatever will make money.

No one across the country was "brand confused" when they saw slobberin' Hog on our court. He was the most recognizable mid court logo in the nation and helped our brand as Razorback basketball more than it hurt it. He wasn't being slapped on tshirts and hats. Anyone watching our games still saw tons of Runnin' Hog on our jerseys and primary logo for tv. Basically, Jeff was trying to fix something that, by itself, wasn't broken. It is possible to change too much and I fear Long will eventually change something we hold even more dear. Think that damn secondary logo on a white helmet for a game or two a year. It's coming in the next 2-3 years. Prepare your complaint emails now.

OnTheHillHogFan

No and it shouldn't.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

acepoker

Let's compromise; put the slobbering hog on the practice court and put a Nolan Richardson statue out front.

choppedporkextrasauce

Dr. Starcs

Hopefully they'll take the pink tint out. That was absolutely awful this year.

1highhog

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 02, 2014, 08:32:16 pm
I didn't notice that. good catch

1highhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 02, 2014, 08:32:16 pm

All of the Never Yield shirts that the students were wearing were really pink I noticed at the game, I guess because they were in such a concentrated area.  Was that for some kind of breast cancer thing or were the shirts just that bad off in color they were just that pink?

TomBigBeeHog

Nolan Richardson court has a nice ring to it. A court named after a Hall of Famer? Yes!
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

nextlevel

Quote from: GuvHog on June 06, 2014, 01:23:12 pm
The day Nolan holds a press conference, shakes the hand of Chancellor Gearhard, and profusely appologizes to the U of A for filing suit against them is the day that Either "Nolan Richardson Court" or "WALTON RICHARDSON ARENA" will become serious possibilities. If he seriously wants to heal old wounds and "bury the hatchet", that would get the job done.

Sutton can crawl to Stillwater to watch games played on that court.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

sowmonella

Quote from: acepoker on May 02, 2014, 04:49:24 pm
Let's compromise; put the slobbering hog on the practice court and put a Nolan Richardson statue out front.

This I like!
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The_Iceman

Quote from: sowmonella on June 06, 2014, 02:28:26 pm
This I like!

I want Nolan's statute outside the West entrance of BWA:

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Cotton on April 23, 2014, 01:00:12 pm
Most of you know I'm against NR court, but hell for Slobberin' Hog... I'll concede. Consider that a compromise.

How anyone could be against Nolan Richardson court is beyond me, he is the sole reason for the court being built.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

PorkerOinker

Quote from: GuvHog on June 06, 2014, 01:23:12 pm
The day Nolan holds a press conference, shakes the hand of Chancellor Gearhard, and profusely apologizes to the U of A for filing suit against them is the day that Either "Nolan Richardson Court" or "WALTON RICHARDSON ARENA" will become serious possibilities. If he seriously wants to heal old wounds and "bury the hatchet", that would get the job done.

So you don't mind the football field being named after someone that was just as much at fault as Nolan was, but we can't name the court after the man that is solely responsible for the success that lead to the arena being built???
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

josh_sec33

He'll have to do a new court.

The lettering is wrong now.

;)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

root_hawg

TomBigBeeHog

It is gonna happen. Overdue.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Boarcephus

Ran into Nolan this morning at PV and asked him if he'd heard if/when it was going to happen and he said he had heard nothing.  I said BS and he said no he really hasn't and he'd tell me if he had.  He said there were some that were for but others were against it but he said he had 17 great years here none the less.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

root_hawg

I have said it once and will say it again, the day that this happens will be the last year they get any money from me.

farmhawg

Quote from: root_hawg on June 07, 2014, 12:34:33 pm
I have said it once and will say it again, the day that this happens will be the last year they get any money from me.
Slowly all the old racist fans are leaving.....good riddance.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

root_hawg

Not racist at all, my best friend happens to be African American, but "pay me my money and I will leave" and then to sue the University, nope...sorry that's a loser!

nextlevel

Quote from: root_hawg on June 07, 2014, 02:45:11 pm
Not racist at all, my best friend happens to be African American, but "pay me my money and I will leave" and then to sue the University, nope...sorry that's a loser!

You must think Bo Pelini and Mike Leech are terrible people as well...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

root_hawg

Not a fan of either and you can put Bobby Knight in there as well

z1on

Not racist at all, my best friend happens to be African American

Lol come on man, that's literally the worst excuse when someone call's you racist.

root_hawg

Well how would u like me to prove it?  I don't like him for his comments and his disrespect for the university which gave him the platform to live a very wealthy life and for the notoriety that he had at one time.  He was paid as all coaches are to win games, help to graduate players and turn boys into men.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: nextlevel on June 07, 2014, 02:59:56 pm
You must think Bo Pelini and Mike Leech are terrible people as well...
...um, yes they are.....Bo Pelini is completely crazy and Mike Leech did abuse players (we can argue whether he should have been fired for it, but still). I hope no one here puts NR on their levels...Bo Pelini still has a job because he's a good coach and hasn't given up like Nolan Richardson had...

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

Not racist at all, my best friend happens to be African American

Classic!

muddhogger

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 05, 2014, 11:26:14 am
UPDATE:

Saw that a bit ago. Mike Waddell the associate AD tweeted this along with the pic
@mikewaddellUA: Hmmmmmmmmm #BWA @RazorbackMBB @RazorbackWBB http://t.co/

He's probably just trying to stir the pot some. Looking forward to seeing what's done.

The_Iceman

The red floor in BWA seemed a little pale to me. I'm guessing the new floor will just reflect the red that is used on the jerseys. Probably won't look any different in terms of design.

It is going to look sharp!

Mick Hogger

With Nolan being honored with a jersey hanging in the rafters along with Sidney this year, the court name change isn't likely happening anytime soon.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

hoghappy

yes. As soon as I become Athletic Director.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: phadedhawg on April 23, 2014, 12:56:52 pm
The curse will never be lifted until this comes to pass

This man has foretold the truth....so let it be written,  so let it be done!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkerOinker on June 06, 2014, 05:42:39 pm
So you don't mind the football field being named after someone that was just as much at fault as Nolan was, but we can't name the court after the man that is solely responsible for the success that lead to the arena being built???

Actually I want this to happen:

WALTON
RICHARDSON
ARENA

And I believe it will happen once the hatchet is truly buried.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!