Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Search for Swanson's Replacement Continues

Started by Mike Irwin, April 22, 2014, 10:46:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

FAYETTEVILLE--For the past four seasons various Razorback coaches haven't had to worry about who to play in the middle of the offensive line. Rimington Award finalist and All- SEC performer Travis Swanson started 50 straight games in those four seasons. Finding his replacement has not proven to be an easy task this spring. Senior Luke Charpentier was the heir apparent to Swanson but as of Tuesday former guard Mitch Smothers was working as the number one center. The eventual starter at that position, however, may not yet be on campus.

"We obviously recruited a junior college player for a reason, because we thought he was good enough to come in here and start for us," second year offensive line coach Sam Pittman told reporters. "If he is, then he will. If not, we'll go with the lineup we've got right now."
--------------------
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/search-for-swansons-replacement-continues/23792/mVa4HmnPIkGqpVwJoJFrxA
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link above.

DeltaBoy

Swanson was SPECIAL Mike and I know we will be better overall but we will miss him.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig Worshipper

I'm sure glad to have Pittman as our coach because it is a little bit of a rebuilding job without Travis Swanson out there and guys learning new positions. We'll have a chance to find out where they are very early next season. I'm not sure how good Auburn's defense will be but they are always quick and athletic.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

SamBuckhart

Colts need a center. Hope they draft him. Looking forward to red-white game to see how the centers perform.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

razorsharptusk

In the video, it said that we are losing rushing yards due to center play.  I hope we find a center soon.  We need those yards up the middle.
GO HOGS!!

DeltaBoy

We will get a solid Center but we will not get one as good as Swanson any time soon.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 25, 2014, 08:37:59 am
Swanson was a once in a decade Center.
Thanks Delta.  Although I am not the Swanson you speak of.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hogjim

Mike sounds like Sabastian Tretola or Frank Ragnow might have the job,lets hope so Kirkland and Skipper will do their jobs,don,t forget Brian Wallace and J Pruitt,the three other O Linemen they had in the spring just aren,t SEC Linemen.