Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 42 Thread: #24 Arkansas (25-16) vs. Northwestern State (22-17)

Started by ucahogfan, April 22, 2014, 01:56:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

SPAL

ucahogfan

Bernal golfs a single into left on a hit and run.  Wernes has to hold at 2nd with the ball hit into left.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Arkansas and NW St. have common opponents this year, both having played SFA earlier.

NW St won both of their contest against SFA and the Hogs won their single game played.

ucahogfan

Spoon flies out to center as Wernes tags and moves to 3rd to put runners on the corners with 2 outs.

SPAL

ucahogfan

Benintendi grounds the first pitch to the 2nd who boots a routine grounder.  Wernes scores.  E4.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

3-0 Hogs.

ucahogfan

Former Hog volunteer assistant and current NW State pitching coach Chris Curry out to the mound to calm down his pitcher.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
NW State    0   0                                       0   1   1
Arkansas    2   1                                        3   5   0

LOB
Arkansas - 3
NW State - 3

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

SPAL

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

NW State    0   0   0                                   0   2   1
Arkansas    2   1                                        3   5   0

LOB
Arkansas - 3
NW State - 3

Up for the Hogs
Anderson
Baxendale
Fisher

jacobp

ucahogfan

New pitcher for the Demons is Freshman RHP Josh Morris (0-0, 6.55 ERA).

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Bax lines a frozen rope into left for a single.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 0 outs.  2nd time he has hammered a single into left.

ucahogfan

Fisher flies out to RF, but not hit deep enough for Anderson to tag and move to 3rd.

SPAL

ucahogfan

Wernes hits the first pitch on the screws, but right to the 1B and Bax is doubled off 1st as he stood no chance to get back in time.

ucahogfan

NW State    0   0   0                                   0   2   1
Arkansas    2   1   0                                    3   7   0

LOB
Arkansas - 4
NW State - 3

ucahogfan

kennymayne

Wernes is never going to have much of a slugging percentage with that swing.

ucahogfan

Lyons caught looking on a fastball at the knees that paints the inside corner.  Poche's 2nd K.

ucahogfan

Webster singles back up the box into center on the 1st pitch.

ucahogfan

Richard singles into left to put runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

ucahogfan

Pujols just hit his 500th HR at Nationals Park.  It is his 2nd HR of the game.

kennymayne

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 22, 2014, 07:33:10 pm
Pujols just hit his 500th HR at Nationals Park.  It is his 2nd HR of the game.
He's still a shell of what he was in St Louis. What a dumb contract.

ucahogfan

Atkinson works the count full, and he singles up the middle.  One run scores.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

3-1 Hogs.

SPAL

ucahogfan

Coach Jorn out to the mound as Poche has let NSU get a 2 out rally.

RS Junior RHP Jackson Lowery is warming in the pen.

ucahogfan

Heath works the count full, and he gets an infield single down the 3B on a little check swing.  Bases loaded with 2 outs.

ucahogfan

DVH out to the mound as the Hogs will make a pitching change.

New pitcher is RS Junior RHP Jackson Lowery (0-1, 3.32 ERA).

SPAL

Dude has some wheels. Was a great AB for a guy batting .170

kennymayne

A lot of people, myself included, overestimated Poche coming into this season. I thought he was a lock for the weekend rotation and could have been the Friday guy. Was i wrong. I hope he figures out his control issues by next season. We need him to reach his potential.

jry04

His arm has been bothering him all season. DVH said all he has is a fastball, right now. He doesn't have a 2nd or 3rd pitch as of right now.

It was either Baseball America or Perfect Game who had him somewhere around the top 25 prospects for his draft class. Everyone thought he would be a weekend starter, and probably our best pitcher this year. Like you, I thought he was going to be our Friday starter. I was so excited when these three weekend starters were doing so well, because I expected to have the Poche we expected by conference play. Still waiting, though...

ucahogfan

Gomez works the count full, and he flies out to Fisher in foul ground after a long AB.

ucahogfan

NW State    0   0   0   1                              1   6   1
Arkansas    2   1   0                                    3   7   0

LOB
Arkansas - 4
NW State - 6

Up for the Hogs
Wise
Bernal
Spoon

ucahogfan

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2014, 07:44:35 pm
His arm has been bothering him all season. DVH said all he has is a fastball, right now. He doesn't have a 2nd or 3rd pitch as of right now.

It was either Baseball America or Perfect Game who had him somewhere around the top 25 prospects for his draft class. Everyone thought he would be a weekend starter, and probably our best pitcher this year. Like you, I thought he was going to be our Friday starter. I was so excited when these three weekend starters were doing so well, because I expected to have the Poche we expected by conference play. Still waiting, though...
Poche is projected to be a 1st round pick next year by just about everybody because of his 3 pitch mix.  His control has been lacking, but he has also battled injuries which is tough for a pitcher who is expected to be a major contributor like Poche was.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

NW State HC Lane Burroughs out to talk to the ump about something.

ucahogfan

Bernal HBP.  His team leading and SEC leading 15th HBP of the season.

SPAL

Quote from: kennymayne on April 22, 2014, 07:41:35 pm
A lot of people, myself included, overestimated Poche coming into this season. I thought he was a lock for the weekend rotation and could have been the Friday guy. Was i wrong. I hope he figures out his control issues by next season. We need him to reach his potential.

They made him work. They put together some good ABs that made him throw a lot of extra pitches. Wasn't so much a control issue.

ucahogfan

Spoon grounds into a 6-4-3 DP.  Spoon's 8th time this year to ground into a DP.

ucahogfan

NW State    0   0   0   1                              1   6   1
Arkansas    2   1   0   0                               3   7   0

LOB
Arkansas - 4
NW State - 6