Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 42 Thread: #24 Arkansas (25-16) vs. Northwestern State (22-17)

Started by ucahogfan, April 22, 2014, 01:56:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Benintendi and Serrano both steal without a throw.  Benintendi's 11th steal of the year (2nd tonight) and Serrano's 8th steal of the year.

ucahogfan

Anderson works the count full, and he singles into left.  2 runs score.  The LF misplays the ball to allow Anderson to move to 2nd.  Single and E7.  Anderson's 35th and 36th (2nd and 3rd tonight) RBIs of the year.

5-1 Hogs.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Bax rips a double right down the LF line.  Anderson scores.  Baxendale's 6th double of the year and 15th RBI (2nd tonight).

6-1 Hogs.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
NW State    0   0   0   1   0   0   0               1   6   2
Arkansas    2   1   0   0   0   0   3                6   11  0

LOB
Arkansas - 6
NW State - 8

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Missouri      1
Wichita St   3     Bot 5th   (former Hogs: Todd Butler and Brian Walker coaching)

ucahogfan

New pitcher for the Hogs is Junior RHP Jacob Stone (3-0, 1 S, 0.51 ERA).

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Texas A&M   5
Rice             0    6th       (Rice: #8 RPI)

ucahogfan

Daughdrill flies out to Serrano in LCF.

2,758 Actual Attendance.

7,368 Paid Attendance.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Webster down swinging on a nice curveball.  Stone's 1st K and 8th for Hog pitching.

ucahogfan

NW State    0   0   0   1   0   0   0   0          1   6   2
Arkansas    2   1   0   0   0   0   3                6   11  0

LOB
Arkansas - 6
NW State - 8

Up for the Hogs
Wernes
Wise
Bernal

ucahogfan

New pitcher for NSU is Junior LHP Hunter Duvic (0-4, 9.97 ERA).

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Bernal singles back up the box into center and Wise easily moves to 3rd as the CF was playing Bernal like a true power hitter.  Runners on the corners with 1 out.

Freshman RHP Dominic Taccolini warming in the pen.

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Spoon is 0-4 tonight. He needs a hit.  BA has dropped to .266

ucahogfan

Spoon grounds out 6-3.  Wise scores.  Spoon's 29th RBI of the year.

7-1 Hogs.

ucahogfan

Benintendi grounds the first pitch right back up the middle for a single.  Bernal scores.  Benintendi's 19th RBI of the year.

8-1 Hogs.

JHicks3636

Another double digit hit night for the Hogs-13 at this point

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

NW State    0   0   0   1   0   0   0   0          1   6   2
Arkansas    2   1   0   0   0   0   3   2           8   13  0

LOB
Arkansas - 7
NW State - 8

ucahogfan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 22, 2014, 09:08:42 pm
Benintendi has reached base 5 times tonight.
3 hits (2 singles, 1 double)
1 error
1 walk

His average on the year is now .296.

ucahogfan

New pitcher for the Hogs is Freshman RHP Dominic "Big Taco" Taccolini (0-0, 9.82 ERA).

ucahogfan

Sophomore Regan Kaufman pinch hitting for Northwestern State.

ucahogfan

Kaufman down swinging.  Big Taco's 1st K and 9th for Razorback pitching.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

NW State    0   0   0   1   0   0   0   0   0      1   6   2
Arkansas    2   1   0   0   0   0   3   2   x       8   13  0

LOB
Arkansas - 7
NW State - 8

W - Lowery (1-1)
L - Smith (0-2)

JHicks3636

pigture perfect

Hey Hey another good win. Nice PBP and commentary. Thanks guys. Really enjoyed my time this evening.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

trippigs

Nice job UCA. Our pitchers performed well tonight and batters had some fun.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ucahogfan

Really a solid showing from this team all around tonight.

Poche came out and threw strikes which is good to see, but got roughed up a little by the Demons the 2nd time through the lineup.  Hopefully he heals up and finds the command of his curve and change because he will be nasty good if that happens.  He will continue a long line of excellent LHPs at Arkansas with Lee, Schmidt, Keuchel, Smyly, and Beeks.

The bullpen came in and did what they have been doing lately - shutting the opponents down.  I think only 2 hitters reached against the pen and that happened in the 5th with Lowery and the back to back walks.  This pitching staff is gaining steam as the season goes along.

This is the best defensive team under DVH for quite some time, if not during his entire tenure at Arkansas.

The offense put up another solid outing although this was probably the weakest pitching we have faced in about a month.  Anderson, Serrano, Benintendi, and Bax make up the best 2-5 we have had since 2010 and all will probably be hitting .300 when all is said and done.  Basically moving Spoon from cleanup to leadoff and inserting Bax at the 5 hole has allowed us to have 4 very productive hitters together which basically produce 80% of our offense now.  I'm excited to see where those 4 hitters carry us and if Spoon and Fisher come around then 1-6 will be a weapon and Wise seems to be coming around and hopefully McAfee gets back soon.  Point being, this offense is showing promise and will make this a scary team to face come postseason time.  Just think if we learned to consistently score 4-5 runs/game against good pitching on weekends.  We would win 95% of our remaining games with our pitching.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 22, 2014, 09:38:24 pm #193 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:53:21 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
RPI is in the 40's now, at 48 after Tuesday's games .

SPAL

Quote from: PigWig on April 22, 2014, 08:24:02 pm
Did I just imagine it, or was some guy knocking the crap out of another guy on the crowd shots between innings?

No, you didn't. Those guys are students that never grew up but got older. It's the guys who hold up the massive spoons and yell stupid stuff. They sit one section over from me on the 1st base side. They were just goofing. Good guys that live the hogs and get a little crazy.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

If my calculations are correct, the pen has gone 19.0 straight innings without giving up a run. WPS!

TikiHog

crowd was awful small...Taco looked smooth and was throwing hard

jbell96

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 22, 2014, 11:37:51 pm
If my calculations are correct, the pen has gone 19.0 straight innings without giving up a run. WPS!

Saw on the razorbackbsb official twitter last night that it is a 21 inning scoreless streak for the bullpen.

jry04

Quote from: TikiHog on April 23, 2014, 12:55:42 am
crowd was awful small...Taco looked smooth and was throwing hard
Usually is for a mid-week game.