Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love getting a top QB every year but

Started by nwahogfan1, April 22, 2014, 01:19:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

how many can we ever hope to keep happy?  I assume 3 tops because that is what happened this year bec they bumped A J to TE and Duwop to WR.  Hard to get 4 QBs ready.

BrassNunchucks

ricepig

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on April 22, 2014, 01:39:44 pm
Great problem to have

Yep, I remember getting them from the intramural field one year.

ldfergu

No need to worry about this. We don't have one proven SEC QB on campus yet.

Don't hate, I support BA and hope he blows off the roof this year.

31to6

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 22, 2014, 01:19:49 pm
how many can we ever hope to keep happy?  I assume 3 tops because that is what happened this year bec they bumped A J to TE and Duwop to WR.  Hard to get 4 QBs ready.
You sign at least one QB every year. It is the most important position on the field.

Injuries happen. Kids don't pan out. Kids get in trouble. Kids transfer.

Also, sometimes a HS QB that is a legit D1 recruit held that position just because he was the best athlete at his school. It is so easy to convert a "mediocre" QB into a great player somewhere else on the field. Esp dual-threat guys that have speed and some size.

You don't want to be sitting there with nothing but an unproven RS FR and a 'career clipboard carrier' guy battling it out for the starting position and hoping a true frosh can come in and save the day.

Look at any great, consistent program and they sign at least one quality QB every class like clockwork.

redeye

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on April 22, 2014, 01:39:44 pm
Great problem to have

Yea, I don't understand why this is always an issue around here.  Historically, I don't think we've had enough QB's on campus and it's hurt us several times.  In other years, injuries have eaten through the depth chart until we had nothing left.  Good teams have capable backups ready to play and we're not even at that point, yet.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 22, 2014, 01:19:49 pm

Better than the alternative and it will all work itself out. 

HawgnCorona

Quote from: redeye on April 22, 2014, 09:51:47 pm
Yea, I don't understand why this is always an issue around here.  Historically, I don't think we've had enough QB's on campus and it's hurt us several times.  In other years, injuries have eaten through the depth chart until we had nothing left.  Good teams have capable backups ready to play and we're not even at that point, yet.

It's just something we have to get use too? Rather than "expecting" to have good depth at any position. Not just the Qb slot. Im sure it will be great for all to experience what that feels like...A winner.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

secneahog

Someone will always complain about something. 

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

redeye

Quote from: secneahog on April 22, 2014, 11:41:01 pm
Someone will always complain about something.

I know I do.

I guess this is just all part of the yearly QB debate, though.