WPS

Porkatarian

Would be a great hire, IMHO.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

The_Iceman

nextlevel

Quote from: popcornhog on April 22, 2014, 11:08:44 am
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/22/4974561/former-player-says-kim-anderson.html

I'm seeing this all over Facebook/twitter up here in KC.

Their AD is threatening Kim in an effort to secure the funding needed to get Marshall.

Their AD is able to pay 2.5m right now, he needs to secure the difference from boosters to pay 3.2m to Marshall. The other things being asked for is more money for coaches, increases recruiting budget, some small upgrades in facilities.

One other condition was that GM be allowed to run his program his way without having to go to the AD for player approvals and other small things.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

#1 STUNNA

Anderson is a great coach. He has done very well at central Missouri and is a very good x's and O kind of coach.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: nextlevel on April 22, 2014, 11:20:02 am
Their AD is threatening Kim in an effort to secure the funding needed to get Marshall.

Their AD is able to pay 2.5m right now, he needs to secure the difference from boosters to pay 3.2m to Marshall. The other things being asked for is more money for coaches, increases recruiting budget, some small upgrades in facilities.

One other condition was that GM be allowed to run his program his way without having to go to the AD for player approvals and other small things.

You must have a former BOT member as a source...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

popcornhog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 22, 2014, 11:23:33 am
Anderson is a great coach. He has done very well at central Missouri and is a very good x's and O kind of coach.

Yeah, it would obviously be a big gamble though. The guy's head coaching success has all been at lower levels of college hoops. He has been good though.

This would be a similar gamble to hiring Malzahn out of high school -- possible homerun but hard to tell. The difference is that this guy's kind of old for this type of move.
WPS

nextlevel

Quote from: popcornhog on April 22, 2014, 12:13:50 pm
Yeah, it would obviously be a big gamble though. The guy's head coaching success has all been at lower levels of college hoops. He has been good though.

This would be a similar gamble to hiring Malzahn out of high school -- possible homerun but hard to tell. The difference is that this guy's kind of old for this type of move.

He was on Norm Stewart's bench for years.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

LRrazorback

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: popcornhog on April 22, 2014, 12:13:50 pm

Sounds as familiar as a LOT of coaches.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The Boar War

So Mizzou is fine with head coaches returning to take a job where they were long time assistants?

azhog10

It almost has a Mike Anderson feel to it. He was an assisstant under a long time successful coach. Didn't get the head job, he bounced around (obviously he bounced around as an assisstant and then a D2 Coach instead of going straight to D1 as a head coach like MA did) showed he can be successful as a head coach, and now is getting looked at to come back to his "home".

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Boar War on April 22, 2014, 02:08:23 pm
So Mizzou is fine with head coaches returning to take a job where they were long time assistants?

Nice touch. I hadn't though about that. I wonder if anyone found out if that reporter went to the Tulsa PC?

popcornhog

Quote from: nextlevel on April 22, 2014, 12:21:58 pm
He was on Norm Stewart's bench for years.

True but no head coaching experience beyond DII.
WPS

Paul

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Paul on April 23, 2014, 12:42:14 pm
solid but not spectacular hire

Has he been hired? ESPN has a small note saying they may be interested in Tim Floyd.

popcornhog

Quote from: taterhog on April 23, 2014, 12:47:36 pm
Has he been hired? ESPN has a small note saying they may be interested in Tim Floyd.

No hire has been made.
WPS

Johnboy

The_Iceman

Quote from: taterhog on April 23, 2014, 12:47:36 pm

From one cheater to the next it seems. He hasn't had UTEP in any type of postseason for the last 3 seasons.

The Hogfather

nextlevel

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 24, 2014, 02:06:44 pm
From one cheater to the next it seems. He hasn't had UTEP in any type of postseason for the last 3 seasons.

Floyd isn't in the running.

Their AD is apparently in Atlanta, supposedly meeting with Solomon Sports Management...

ell oh ell

popcornhog

Local news KCTV5 in Kansas City is reporting Anderson has been offered the job.
WPS

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: popcornhog on April 26, 2014, 09:46:21 am
Local news KCTV5 in Kansas City is reporting Anderson has been offered the job.

I think it is a good hire for them. At least he won't look for another job if it comes calling.

rzrbackramsfan

popcornhog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 26, 2014, 10:22:40 am
GREAT hire for us.

Who knows? Definitely a gamble for Mizzou but he has been very successful at the DII level.

Will it translate? Nobody knows. Too big of a gamble, IMHO, on their end but it could pan out.
WPS

rzrbackramsfan

Yea, I don't think he can recruit better than mike anderson... That may have opened up kc and St. Louis for us

JusJim

An offer has been made to "someone".  At this time Kim Anderson isn't the new coach at MU.  I posted a thread a few weeks ago when Central Missouri won the D2 Championship.  I went to School with Kim.  My comment is not firsthand, but is about as close to being firsthand as any can be.

nextlevel

Quote from: JusJim on April 26, 2014, 02:15:34 pm
An offer has been made to "someone".  At this time Kim Anderson isn't the new coach at MU.  I posted a thread a few weeks ago when Central Missouri won the D2 Championship.  I went to School with Kim.  My comment is not firsthand, but is about as close to being firsthand as any can be.

An offer is on the table for Gregg Marshall.

Many had Howland being the back up plan with Anderson third.

ell oh ell

rzrbackramsfan

Accept it Marshall, we'll show you what's up in a real conference.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

I was hoping Howland or Marshall, but would be happy with Anderson. 

SPAL

I thought they thought they hired Jay Wright. What do I know tho

Break & Run

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 28, 2014, 02:06:59 pm
I thought they thought they hired Jay Wright. What do I know tho

Wright had no interest, said he is perfectly happy at Nova.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hawg Red

BR

Keith Kim Anderson (born May 12, 1955) Anderson is the coach of the University of Central Missouri Mules. He has led the team to back-to-back MIAA championships and three appearances in the NCAA Division II Final Four in 2007, 2009 and winning the championship in 2014. He led the Mules to the NCAA Men's Division II Basketball Championship in 2014 by defeating West Liberty 84-77.[1] He played collegiately for the University of Missouri.

Born in in Sedalia, Missouri, he was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers in the 2nd round (28th pick overall) of the 1977 NBA Draft and by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 7th round (146th pick overall) of the 1978 NBA Draft.

He played for the Trail Blazers (1978–79) in the NBA for 21 games.[2]

He also was a court coach for Team USA during the Pan American Games Team Trials.

On April 28th,2014 is was announced he would take over for Frank Haith at the University of Missouri, his alma mater.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hogfly

The Mizzou fans I know from a Chiefs board (admittedly, they're a pretty cynical, explosive bunch) are going to freak. They've been clamoring for the firing of Alden for a while, and absolutely see this hire as a dismal failure.

BR

Here's how you blow $42,500 and have nothing to show for it. That is what MU paid the search firm...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Slater

Great coach! Great hire for Mizzou 
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

The_Iceman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Anderson_%28basketball%29

Filthy_McSwine

Quote from: BR on April 28, 2014, 03:24:07 pm
Here's how you blow $42,500 and have nothing to show for it. That is what MU paid the search firm...

If I'm not mistaken, we paid a search firm to hire John "Hayseed" Pelphrey.

MikePiazza

I think he's a decent hire, but he's not as good of a hire as some people are making him out to be.

High-level DI (yes, even in the SEC) is a completely different beast from DII. He's gonna wish he'd gotten his feet wet first.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

JusJim

Kim was offered the job either Friday night or Saturday.  The board just had to approve of things before it went forward.  I think a couple of posters may have mistaken my comment on Saturday to mean an offer had been made to "someone else".  Kim had already been offered at the time of the posting, although the formalities had to be ironed out.  I just was not at liberty to state as a fact that Kim had been offered the job.

popcornhog

Some didn't believe it would happen, but it did. Very hard to predict how this will pan out, but I am surprised that they weren't able to lure in a bigger name. That said, Kim has clearly been successful at the DII level.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=10853001

Anderson led Central Missouri (30-5) to the 2014 Division II championship with a team that had 10 new players and only one returning player who averaged more than 4.7 points per game the previous season. The national title was the first for the Mules since 1984.

Anderson, 58, has been an assistant for Norm Stewart at Missouri and also at Baylor but has never been a head coach in Division I.

He played at Missouri from 1974 to 1977. He has been coach at Central Missouri for 12 years and won five conference titles and advanced to three Division II Final Fours.

"We are pleased and excited to have Kim Anderson leading our program," Missouri athletic director Mike Alden said in a statement. "He's a man of great character, integrity and respect. He has demonstrated the ability to mentor young men on and off the court, academically and socially. He's a proven winner on all levels, and he's built tremendous relationships around the country in the basketball community, which assists greatly with recruiting and other important aspects for a program.
WPS

Hawg Red

Early indications are that Tim Fuller will stay on for Anderson's staff. Huge for K. Anderson.

alwaysondbigscreen

maybe they thought it was mikes little brother?
were mo. woo hoo we got and anderson too
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

donkey

This is a good hire for them.  They needed someone to be a Mizzou guy and they got one.

FaytownHog

Quote from: JusJim on April 28, 2014, 04:05:34 pm
Kim was offered the job either Friday night or Saturday.  The board just had to approve of things before it went forward.  I think a couple of posters may have mistaken my comment on Saturday to mean an offer had been made to "someone else".  Kim had already been offered at the time of the posting, although the formalities had to be ironed out.  I just was not at liberty to state as a fact that Kim had been offered the job.
You're on a Hog message board under a fake name. You're not doing investigative journalism for a newspaper. You're pretty much at liberty to say anything you want as long as it doesn't break the board rules. We know everyone wants to feel like they're the most "in the know" person on here. It's ok.

WilsonHog

The Mizzou basketball community is pretty divided over it.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Tom Bennett on April 28, 2014, 05:08:14 pm
The Mizzou basketball community is pretty divided over it.

Personally, I think that this is a hire that most Razorback fans can get behind!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The_Iceman

Quote from: The real Hogules on April 28, 2014, 05:52:47 pm
Personally, I think that this is a hire that most Razorback fans can get behind!

Lol, agreed.

JusJim

Quote from: FaytownHog on April 28, 2014, 04:59:14 pm
You're on a Hog message board under a fake name. You're not doing investigative journalism for a newspaper. You're pretty much at liberty to say anything you want as long as it doesn't break the board rules. We know everyone wants to feel like they're the most "in the know" person on here. It's ok.
Say what you want.  Went to School with Kim.  Not a close friend of his, but do have several mutual friends.  Kim and his wife had dinner with a mutual friend on Saturday Night.  If I was really worried about proving that I knew everything that was going on, I would of blurted it all out there.