Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aaron Fitt - BA Chat

Started by dotnet, April 22, 2014, 10:23:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dotnet

I was reading through the BA chat transcript and Arkansas and Chris Oliver were mentioned

Daniel (Arkansas): How good is the weekend rotation for the Hogs in comparison to the rest of the country? Pretty hard to find a better Sunday starter than Chris Oliver.

Aaron Fitt: Yeah, that's a very nice advantage on Sundays. Love that rotation, and credit Michael Gunn and Zach Jackson and Jacob Stone for carrying the bullpen to allow Arkansas to leave Beeks and Oliver in the rotation, where they have flourished. Oliver's arm is so electric; consistently 91-95, and the biggest difference is his curveball has gotten so much better from a year ago. You look around the SEC, and a lot of teams are really scrambling to find three solid starters, so that's a very nice luxury for Arkansas.

My favorite though is last week.  Arkansas baseball fans can be so stupid on the internet.  Look at this question:

Billy (Fayetteville, Arkansas): I'm an Arkansas fan, but can Aaron Nola get any better? His 0.70 ERA is off the charts! Surely he has to be a Top 5 pick in the upcoming draft - the kid is unbelievable!. Anyways, my question to you is: If you could give Arkansas Head Coach Dave Van Horn one piece of advice, what would it be?

Aaron Fitt: My advice would be, don't take advice from me! He's Dave Van Horn — he doesn't need any advice from writers or fans. He's got a pretty darn good track record. And yes, Nola is incredible.

Aaron Fitt must be an idiot.. because people on this board have a lot of advice for DVH. 

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: dotnet on April 22, 2014, 10:23:08 am
I was reading through the BA chat transcript and Arkansas and Chris Oliver were mentioned

Daniel (Arkansas): How good is the weekend rotation for the Hogs in comparison to the rest of the country? Pretty hard to find a better Sunday starter than Chris Oliver.

Aaron Fitt: Yeah, that's a very nice advantage on Sundays. Love that rotation, and credit Michael Gunn and Zach Jackson and Jacob Stone for carrying the bullpen to allow Arkansas to leave Beeks and Oliver in the rotation, where they have flourished. Oliver's arm is so electric; consistently 91-95, and the biggest difference is his curveball has gotten so much better from a year ago. You look around the SEC, and a lot of teams are really scrambling to find three solid starters, so that's a very nice luxury for Arkansas.

My favorite though is last week.  Arkansas baseball Every SEC school's fans can be so stupid on the internet.  Look at this question:

Billy (Fayetteville, Arkansas): I'm an Arkansas fan, but can Aaron Nola get any better? His 0.70 ERA is off the charts! Surely he has to be a Top 5 pick in the upcoming draft - the kid is unbelievable!. Anyways, my question to you is: If you could give Arkansas Head Coach Dave Van Horn one piece of advice, what would it be?

Aaron Fitt: My advice would be, don't take advice from me! He's Dave Van Horn — he doesn't need any advice from writers or fans. He's got a pretty darn good track record. And yes, Nola is incredible.

Aaron Fitt must be an idiot.. because people on this board have a lot of advice for DVH. 

Fixed it.  You should comb through the trash on the UK message boards after Hogs beat them in Lexington... many calling for Coach Cal's head.  Also, go look at Bama's board after Auburn's Chris Davis ran the 109 yd FG miss back for a TD.  Names like "loser, idiot, stupid, and a-hole" were used to describe Nick Saban for allowing his special teams defense to be out of place.

dotnet

Quote from: gguillo on April 22, 2014, 10:49:13 am
Fixed it.  You should comb through the trash on the UK message boards after Hogs beat them in Lexington... many calling for Coach Cal's head.  Also, go look at Bama's board after Auburn's Chris Davis ran the 109 yd FG miss back for a TD.  Names like "loser, idiot, stupid, and a-hole" were used to describe Nick Saban for allowing his special teams defense to be out of place.

umm... no thanks?  I get your point, but I am not okay lumping in Arkansas fans with Alabama and Kentucky fans.  That is embarassing in and of itself. 

If our standard is Alabama fans, then I give up.. Its like failing a class and telling your parents its okay because you're still in the top 90% of your school.  There is still 10% below you...