Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi!

Started by tennesseehogwild, April 21, 2014, 10:38:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseehogwild

This kid has thrived in the 2 hole! Anyone know what his avg is since moving from leadoff? Thanx in advance!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 22, 2014, 12:49:01 am #1 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:53:20 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
               Benintendi's Numbers:
                                                                                               Games
                     BA    AB     R   H   RBI   BB    SO  SB  2B  SH  SF    played
4/5 to 4/20   .342   38    11  13    5      3      1     5    2    3    1      10
Before 4/5    .260   100   24  26   13    16    10    4    4    3    1      29
Season        .283   138   35  39   18    19    11    9    6    6    2      39

5 multi hit games, out of 10 games.
2 games with no hits (A. Nola-LSU, 0-4) (C. Fulmer-Vand, 0-3 w/BB)

Andrew did not start in the 2nd USCe game(4/4/14) which is when the top of the batting order was changed and Spoon started leading off. April 5th was the first game for Benitendi to hit in the 2 hole.

Besides the Batting Average, the number of Stolen Bases, Walks and Strike Outs really stand out. I didn't figure his HBP's, but those seem to have dropped also. 

Break & Run

This kid is ALMOST as good as advertised.  Now that he's maturing, we'll see his advertised product soon.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 22, 2014, 01:17:45 am #3 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:48:24 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Makes me wonder if the coaches saw something in him in practice and changed the batting order accordingly or did Benintendi's performance improve because of the change in where he is now batting?

.............or I guess it could be both!

tennesseehogwild

I'd say that with the pressure of leading off ...off his shoulders he is more relaxed.....never know with freshmen.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

After going 3-4 on Tuesday, Beni brought his average up to .296 for the season and .381 over the past 11 games. He reached base 5 times with a walk, 2 singles, a double and reached on a error also. Plus 1 RBI and 2 SB's and scored 2 runs.

Considering how hot his bat is and the competition, this week sets up nicely to make a run for SEC freshman of the week or SEC player of the week. He's off to a good start. 

rolyat_2008

Andrew said tonight after the game that coach Jorn made a change with his stance and closed him up some. He's stuck with it and it has been working.