Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Donovan to Timberwolves?

Started by DamageIncorporated, April 21, 2014, 01:04:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

Adam Stokes

He already has 486 wins before his 49th birthday.  He could easily go down as a top 5 college coach of all time.  Not sure why he'd want to try out the NBA when he has such a good thing going.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Adam Stokes on April 21, 2014, 01:12:46 pm
He already has 486 wins before his 49th birthday.  He could easily go down as a top 5 college coach of all time.  Not sure why he'd want to try out the NBA when he has such a good thing going.
Not saying this is the case with Donovan, but sometimes in coaching, you just need to make a change.

Hawg Red

With Donovan, we do know that he has at least strongly considered the NBA in the past since he actually took the Magic coaching job. But we also know that he turned right around and went back to Florida. Maybe he's more comfortable making the jump at this time. I wouldn't think so, but I suppose we'll see. That T-Wolves roster is certainly not devoid of talent.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mbgrulz on April 21, 2014, 01:28:11 pm
Not saying this is the case with Donovan, but sometimes in coaching, you just need to make a change.

Yep. He came very close to leaving not to long ago. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cresthog

Quote from: mbgrulz on April 21, 2014, 01:28:11 pm

$$ talks. A 2-3MM/year raise is no joke.

Boston RedHogs

Hawg Red

Early rumblings are that Flip Saunders will return to the bench.

Break & Run

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 03:58:35 pm
Early rumblings are that Flip Saunders will return to the bench.

Surprised it took this long.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."