Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 40 Thread: Arkansas (24-15, 8-8 SEC) vs. #19 Vanderbilt (28-11, 7-9 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, April 19, 2014, 04:06:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

First pitch is set for 6:05 this evening.  Tonight's game will be televised on CST.  Arkansas will send Junior LHP Jalen Beeks (5-2, 1.36 ERA) to the mound to try and take a 3rd SEC home series against a top 20 opponent.  The Commodores have yet to announce a starter, but I assume it will be Sophomore RHP Walker Buehler (7-1, 1.66 ERA) who has probably been their midweek starter this season.  Their normal Saturday starter Junior LHP Jared Miller threw the 8th inning last night.  I should be able to do PBP tonight.

Phil D

GO HOGS!!!!!!

hogfan14

Someone on their scout board said Fulmer (their normal closer) could get the start too

Whoever it it, i like our chances with Beeks

ucahogfan

Vanderbilt Starting Lineup
Swanson          2B
Turner              3B
Reynolds          1B
Conde              SS
Norwood          CF
Ellison              C
Wiseman          RF
Harvey             DH
Rogers             LF

On the mound - Sophomore RHP Carson Fulmer (0-1, 9 S, 2.00 ERA)

ucahogfan

Vanderbilt will start their normal closer tonight in Sophomore RHP Carson Fulmer.  The scouting report on Fulmer is a mid 90s fastball with a dirty breaking ball.  In 15 appearances and 27.0 IP, Fulmer has struck out 37 hitters this year and has yet to allow an extra base hit.  I don't know his longest outing this year, but Vandy also has a strong pen that is very fresh after last night.  Fulmer was a 15th round pick by the Boston Red Sox in 2012 and would be the type of pitcher that would have never made it to Fayetteville.  He will probably be a 1st round pick next year.

ucahogfan

TEAM         1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Vanderbilt   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0      0   0   0
Arkansas    0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0      0   0   0

LOB
Arkansas - 0
Vanderbilt - 0

jacobp

Southpaw Hawg

Vandy's Coach gambling that their closer will shut us down for 2 -3 innings and take away the home field advantage.  Interesting move . . . I hope we make it backfire on him and leave em shaking their heads!!  Go Hogs!!

tennesseehogwild

No CST here in Tennessee so I am stuck with ESPN3 which is better than nothing....Go Hogs!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JonClaudeVanHam

So even though I pay for Razorvision I can't watch the game on it today, and ESPN3 has blacked out the channel. This is total bull.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Reynolds down swinging on a nice 88 MPH pitch.  The 3-4 pitches before that were all 92-93 so that little change in speed made Reynolds swing out in front of it.  Beeks' 1st K.

JHicks3636

JonClaudeVanHam

I'm going to need a good start by the Hogs to put me in a good mood. I am seriously pissed off about not being able to watch this game.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

ucahogfan

Vanderbilt   0                                            0   0   0
Arkansas                                                   0   0   0

LOB
Arkansas - 0
Vanderbilt - 0

Up for the Hogs
Spoon
Benintendi
Serrano

Knot2brite

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on April 19, 2014, 06:04:58 pm
So even though I pay for Razorvision I can't watch the game on it today, and ESPN3 has blacked out the channel. This is total bull.
Welcome to my world
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

trippigs

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on April 19, 2014, 06:11:34 pm
I'm going to need a good start by the Hogs to put me in a good mood. I am seriously pissed off about not being able to watch this game.

I understand....was looking forward to watching on Razorvision as well.

artyhog

ucahogfan

Spoon down swinging as he chases a breaking ball in the dirt.  2-3 putout completes the play.

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 19, 2014, 06:14:38 pm
Spoon down swinging as he chases a breaking ball in the dirt.  2-3 putout completes the play.

Last night we were able to lay off the bad pitches. Hopefully we will figure this guy out after we see a few pitches. He is fast and his breaking ball was pretty good too.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Serrano down swinging on a 96 MPH fastball that paints the outside corner.

ucahogfan

Vanderbilt   0                                            0   0   0
Arkansas    0                                             0   0   0

LOB
Arkansas - 0
Vanderbilt - 0

ucahogfan

Conde grounds out 6-3 as Bernal showed some nice range up the middle.

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Wiseman down swinging on a filthy breaking ball.  Beeks' 2nd K.

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Vanderbilt   0   0                                       0   0   0
Arkansas    0                                             0   0   0

LOB
Arkansas - 0
Vanderbilt - 1

Up for the Hogs
Anderson
Baxendale
Fisher

ucahogfan

JonClaudeVanHam

ucahogfan

Bax doubles down the LF line.  Bax's 5th double of the year.  Fulmer hung a 1-2 curveball and Bax made him pay.

cubsfan5150

Damn this guy throws hard... any clue what he was drafted out of HS?
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

ucahogfan

JHicks3636

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on April 19, 2014, 06:30:07 pm

He has great mechanics-no extra motion.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Vanderbilt   0   0                                       0   0   0
Arkansas    0   0                                         0   1   0

LOB
Arkansas - 1
Vanderbilt - 1

ucahogfan

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on April 19, 2014, 06:30:07 pm

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 19, 2014, 04:50:00 pm
Vanderbilt will start their normal closer tonight in Sophomore RHP Carson Fulmer.  The scouting report on Fulmer is a mid 90s fastball with a dirty breaking ball.  In 15 appearances and 27.0 IP, Fulmer has struck out 37 hitters this year and has yet to allow an extra base hit.  I don't know his longest outing this year, but Vandy also has a strong pen that is very fresh after last night.  Fulmer was a 15th round pick by the Boston Red Sox in 2012 and would be the type of pitcher that would have never made it to Fayetteville.  He will probably be a 1st round pick next year.

JHicks3636

I believe that Bax's double was the 1st extra base hit against this guy this year.

JonClaudeVanHam

This kid is tough. But he is not used to pitching more than one or two innings. Let's see if he is less effective the second time through the order.

tennesseehogwild

Hopefully we can work some counts deep and get his pitch count up quickly....Looks like he already working up a sweat.