Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For all the Brandon Allen doubters.

Started by BornaHog, April 18, 2014, 08:34:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BornaHog

http://vimeo.com/92363752

If you think you could do what BA does, I really doubt that you could. He practices doing this day in and day out. In your opinion he is not an SEC QB. THIS WAS AN SEC CALIBER PLAY!!!

Just give him a chance to prove you wrong, and if he does, please come back to eat your fair share of CROW!     WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

HiggiePiggy

I believe in him and if BP was still here things would be different. That was the system he was in. I think he will be improved next year plus it helps that his targets will be more experienced.  I honestly think our team needs to be more of a dink and dunk type of plays.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogwild210

I swear, Hogville has more threads like this calling other people bad fans than it does actually discussing Arkansas football. Good grief.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Hogfan46

If you can look thru the smoke of last season, BA and the offense were playing pretty well until the ill fated dive into the end zone where he hurt his shoulder. If healthy, I am confident of Brandon's abilities and the prospects of our offense this year.  Especially with how dominant the offensive line has the potential of being. 

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Hogfan46 on April 18, 2014, 08:43:44 pm
If you can look thru the smoke of last season, BA and the offense were playing pretty well until the ill fated dive into the end zone where he hurt his shoulder. If healthy, I am confident of Brandon's abilities and the prospects of our offense this year.  Especially with how dominant the offensive line has the potential of being.
He looked pretty good at the end of the year.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Sir Oinksalot

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

IUHog

beebefootballfan

or we could discuss the horrible defense on that play.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

urkillnmesmalls

The three different video angles perspective were awesome!  As for the play...if he can't make that throw look routine, then we really are in trouble. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

root_hawg

Think I still have enough ammo in the gun to make that throw

impact

Did the CB even bump the receiver off of the line?  It's more telling of our red zone defense than BA.
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

HOGINTENNESSEE

870hogfan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 18, 2014, 10:20:04 pm
I prefer Pro Style offenses.

Me too, I love the pro style offenses and hate the spread.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: impact on April 18, 2014, 10:18:39 pm
Did the CB even bump the receiver off of the line?  It's more telling of our red zone defense than BA.
Because it wasn't man coverage and it was Braylon Mitchell over Hatcher not a CB. Its hard to tell if they were in a cover 3, 2 or maybe 3 on the right and 2 on the left because the D bit hard on the run fake. It doesn't show bad defense its just a good call by the offense who got the LB's to bite on the run fake which means the ball is going to Hatcher on the slant.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

I would hope our starting QB could make a play in practice that no one on Hogville could.

Sir Oinksalot

...I'm glad we are blessed with a QB. who is at least the equal of so many at Hogvillians.net , it's like a
warm fuzzy at night...national championship here we come...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

rlamb

For he originator of is thread, you must take moonlight walks with ole Brandon?  Yes our defense is horrible, but last year even though our defense was worse than horrible, QB was our weakest position and it will be this year also. 

Jimbob111

Quote from: BornaHog on April 18, 2014, 08:34:08 pm

If you think you could do what BA does, I really doubt that you could. He practices doing this day in and day out. In your opinion he is not an SEC QB. THIS WAS AN SEC CALIBER PLAY!!!

Just give him a chance to prove you wrong, and if he does, please come back to eat your fair share of CROW!     WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG

An SEC caliber play.  Yeah, BA had a few of those.  And so did the QB at Henderson State, as did Nathan Dick at UCA a few short years ago.  A few great plays don't make an SEC QB. 

I doubt BA because of what I saw last season.  Staring down receivers (a problem since high school), deciding who to throw to before the snap (a problem in high school, youtube is your friend, trust me), and bad accuracy (not as much a problem in high school).

I hope he lights up the SEC.  I hope an improved O-line helps him out and that our receivers are at least serviceable this season.  But the O-line was NOT terrible last year.  Say what you want but they were not the worst, or the 2nd worst, or the 3rd worst in the SEC last season. The receivers WERE terrible last season.

I will go on record as a Brandon Allen doubter and I hope I'm proven wrong.  After the last two seasons, I'll never trust a Petrino-vetted QB who doesn't play for Petrino.  I watched what he did with Casey Dick.  And I watched Tyler Wilson without him.

This board is about opinions.  Doubting the ability of the QB doesn't mean you're bashing BA.  It means you've watched some games, saw the flaws, saw improvement then saw set backs.  I will never understand why anyone would go to a message board, forum, chat room, etc and not expect a differing viewpoint.

If I wanted to hear my own voice, I'd stay off the internet.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

Forgot to add:  OP deserves a wedgie.  Boo!
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Jimbob111 on April 19, 2014, 03:03:20 am
An SEC caliber play.  Yeah, BA had a few of those.  And so did the QB at Henderson State, as did Nathan Dick at UCA a few short years ago.  A few great plays don't make an SEC QB. 

I doubt BA because of what I saw last season.  Staring down receivers (a problem since high school), deciding who to throw to before the snap (a problem in high school, youtube is your friend, trust me), and bad accuracy (not as much a problem in high school).

I hope he lights up the SEC.  I hope an improved O-line helps him out and that our receivers are at least serviceable this season.  But the O-line was NOT terrible last year.  Say what you want but they were not the worst, or the 2nd worst, or the 3rd worst in the SEC last season. The receivers WERE terrible last season.

I will go on record as a Brandon Allen doubter and I hope I'm proven wrong.  After the last two seasons, I'll never trust a Petrino-vetted QB who doesn't play for Petrino.  I watched what he did with Casey Dick.  And I watched Tyler Wilson without him.

This board is about opinions.  Doubting the ability of the QB doesn't mean you're bashing BA.  It means you've watched some games, saw the flaws, saw improvement then saw set backs.  I will never understand why anyone would go to a message board, forum, chat room, etc and not expect a differing viewpoint.

If I wanted to hear my own voice, I'd stay off the internet.

So you complain about people complaining about differing opinions? The OP was giving his opinion and trying to show evidence to persuade some that BA is an SEC QB. Now I doubt a 20 second video of one play is going to persuade many of the doubters.

But it is ironic that you chose this thread to complain about people complaining about differing opinions. And if you think some have not bashed BA then you are wrong. In posting their doubt they use adjectives that are bashing.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

azhog10

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 18, 2014, 10:32:43 pm
Because it wasn't man coverage and it was Braylon Mitchell over Hatcher not a CB. Its hard to tell if they were in a cover 3, 2 or maybe 3 on the right and 2 on the left because the D bit hard on the run fake. It doesn't show bad defense its just a good call by the offense who got the LB's to bite on the run fake which means the ball is going to Hatcher on the slant.
Pretty sure Mitchell starts over Hatcher then blitzes, Turner takes the WR and is late getting to him. It's really just a good hot route against a blitzing outside backer. The Safety was a little late and Allen made a nice throw over the MLB. I also think that they weren't taking people to the ground just by watching the way he shoved him instead of trying to tackle him. At least I hope that's the case.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: azhog10 on April 19, 2014, 08:20:20 am
Pretty sure Mitchell starts over Hatcher then blitzes, Turner takes the WR and is late getting to him. It's really just a good hot route against a blitzing outside backer. The Safety was a little late and Allen made a nice throw over the MLB. I also think that they weren't taking people to the ground just by watching the way he shoved him instead of trying to tackle him. At least I hope that's the case.

You are correct that is Braylon, but he bit on the run fake not blitz.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Cotton

So that's what an SEC caliber slant looks like!!

Amazing!! BA for Heisman!

Thanks for the video Mrs. Allen. Hope your son has a great season for us!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hawgsalot

Exactly what kills me about this board.  Does the video show he's an all sec qb, of course not.  Does the video show a good read and great pass splitting defenders and over the outstretched arm of a lb.  Yes it does.  It was a good play in the redzone and some want to do anything in the world but give BA credit.  The extremes out in every thread spinning the conversation to  continue their personal rants about a player, coach or scheme.  I'm assuming it's a bunch of kids on this board doing this or maybe it's a bunch really sad grownups.  Either way, good play, good pass, good execution no more no less.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: impact on April 18, 2014, 10:18:39 pm

There is no defense that can stop a perfectly executed play...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hogarusa

We talkin about practice? I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game.

What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

dumbdude479

Quote from: Cotton on April 19, 2014, 08:40:01 am
So that's what an SEC caliber slant looks like!!

Amazing!! BA for Heisman!

Thanks for the video Mrs. Allen. Hope your son has a great season for us!

Good laugh at this one  ;D

Pig In The City

Is this really necessary? 

OLDHOG

Quote from: lowberh on April 19, 2014, 09:11:06 am
We talkin about practice? I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game.

What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man.
Exactly. Show me in a game at Auburn. Then I will believe, and I really do want to believe. Just sayin.

Speedracer

I hope to eat crow, because if he performs like last season, enjoy a 3-9 season.
Like smites bother me.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

870hogfan

Break & Run

God there are a bunch of douchebags on here.  I guess you all live to beat up a 21 year old guy for going through all the bull he has gone through the last 3 years.

When are y'all going to be man enough to realize that football is a sport and shouldn't be taken so damn seriously?

I love the game and love the hogs but to attack a player like this is pathetic.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

bplease

Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

secneahog

Hope our offense gets contagious in the red zone for touchdowns.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Mike_e

Quote from: Break & Run on April 19, 2014, 10:12:19 am
God there are a bunch of douchebags on here.  I guess you all live to beat up a 21 year old guy for going through all the bull he has gone through the last 3 years.

When are y'all going to be man enough to realize that football is a sport and shouldn't be taken so damn seriously?

I love the game and love the hogs but to attack a player like this is pathetic.

With an attitude like that how did you get 3k smites?

+1 btw
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Break & Run

Quote from: Mike_e on April 19, 2014, 10:29:16 am

With an attitude like that how did you get 3k smites?

+1 btw

I sense the sarcasm.  LOL

Most of my smites came during the Nutt/Malzahn debacle.  I was 17 years old at the time and thought Malzahn was coming in and trying to run things so I was standing up for Nutt.  Hindsight's 20/20 though and I now realize Nutt was the problem lol
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Steef

There isn't a single member if Hogville that could have hit that pass. And certainly no one in this thread.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: steefhog on April 19, 2014, 10:43:16 am
There isn't a single member if Hogville that could have hit that pass. And certainly no one in this thread.
It was a nice, quick, play action(though not a great run fake on the hand off), pop pass to a receiver on a crossing pattern and well executed though it appeared to be thrown a tad too much to the receivers back shoulder or middle as opposed to leading him. Still a successful play. My question is, what if that receiver had been covered? Where would he have gone next? We never got to see that.
Go Hogs Go!

Break & Run

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 19, 2014, 10:53:32 am
It was a nice, quick, play action(though not a great run fake on the hand off), pop pass to a receiver on a crossing pattern and well executed though it appeared to be thrown a tad too much to the receivers back shoulder or middle as opposed to leading him. Still a successful play. My question is, what if that receiver had been covered? Where would he have gone next? We never got to see that.

And we won't in Spring ball.  Coach B probably took the most basic play they practiced to put on vimeo so it wouldn't leave anything for opponents to look at.

three hog night

The moderators have got to clean this crap up.  Hogville is falling apart.  You can't come here and talk Hog sports without haters ruining the experience.  I can go to an Ole Miss board if I want to be on a board with people talking trash against my Hogs. 

Come on Mods....
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Mike_e

Quote from: Break & Run on April 19, 2014, 10:34:26 am

Most of my smites came during the Nutt/Malzahn debacle.  I was 17 years old at the time and thought Malzahn was coming in and trying to run things so I was standing up for Nutt.  Hindsight's 20/20 though and I now realize Nutt was the problem lol

Nah, I'm usually more blunt than that.

Good comment.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

secneahog

Crazy how are defense get scored on and people go to the doom and gloom mindset.

Sad people. ...
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Kevin

Why do we need these threads. The hogs will shows us what they got in august
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LZH

Although the angles and film work is killer (I really like the one from behind the QB), that's probably not the best example to make the OP's point.  DB's playing outside technique and no over-the-top help...anyone on here could have made that throw.

But I understand the intention.  BA was hurt most of last year, yes, but he was also extremely snakebit.  There were many times when it was obvious that he couldn't wait to get rid of the ball - that clock in his head was running twice the speed of the actual play.  After a while, he drops back and it's like "oh * oh * oh *, if I don't get rid of this ball something awful is gonna happen".

It happens to alot of guys, and the only thing you can do is play out of it.  Many QB's fold when this sets in, and Arkansas has sure had their share.  But I don't think BA is one of them, I really don't.  I think the more he plays, the better he'll get.  He'll be fine imo.

lumphog

Quote from: Break & Run on April 19, 2014, 10:34:26 am

Let me help you out +1 We all make mistakes

CallThemHawgs!

GuvHog

No, I can't do that. I respect Brandon and I'm excited to see he's doing so well in practice but I want to see it in a game. This is his 3rd year on campus (RS Sophomore) so this should be his year to really break out. I'm looking forward to watching the Hogs play.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 19, 2014, 11:37:41 am
Although the angles and film work is killer (I really like the one from behind the QB), that's probably not the best example to make the OP's point.  DB's playing outside technique and no over-the-top help...anyone on here could have made that throw.

But I understand the intention.  BA was hurt most of last year, yes, but he was also extremely snakebit.  There were many times when it was obvious that he couldn't wait to get rid of the ball - that clock in his head was running twice the speed of the actual play.  After a while, he drops back and it's like "oh * oh * oh *, if I don't get rid of this ball something awful is gonna happen".

It happens to alot of guys, and the only thing you can do is play out of it.  Many QB's fold when this sets in, and Arkansas has sure had their share.  But I don't think BA is one of them, I really don't.  I think the more he plays, the better he'll get.  He'll be fine imo.

B.S., nobody on here could take a snap from center, much less pass a ball in that window. I assume you were being facetious, if not slap a Gopro camera on your head and do it with the neighborhood kids, haha.