Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haith calling out Anderson (Arkansas/Tulsa rivalry?)

Started by dsims2k3, April 18, 2014, 03:17:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 18, 2014, 04:09:31 pm
I guess you forgot we already recruit the Memphis area. We had TWO players from there this season.

We haven't signed a highly regarded recruit there since Edgar left. 

FineAsSwine

Coach Anderson would probably feel pretty comfortable gowing back to Tulsa as a head coach since he was the starting point guard there under coach Richardson.

I wouldn't mind doing a home-and-home with them for 4 years and then see where we go from there. we need a game like this on our schedule and it's close enough for the fans and convenient for the team.

passinghog

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Paul on April 20, 2014, 10:41:15 am

Wade was 4*

Smithian

A 2 for 1 with Tulsa would make a lot of sense.

I know Arkansas fans are now scared of road games after we skipped them for an entire non conference schedule, but rumor is playing them will prepare you for conference play and it is even possible to win them occasionally.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Paul on April 20, 2014, 10:41:15 am

You might want to look at our roster before making statements like that. TWO quality players from there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Smithian on April 21, 2014, 12:07:32 pm
A 2 for 1 with Tulsa would make a lot of sense.

I know Arkansas fans are now scared of road games after we skipped them for an entire non conference schedule, but rumor is playing them will prepare you for conference play and it is even possible to win them occasionally.

I'd rather wait about 3 years until Haith nose-dives Tulsa's program into the ground. They're locked to him for seven years and can't afford a buyout so we can just bide our time.

Jek Tono Porkins

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Uncle SI

First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

For the benefit of our team, we should offer to go to Tulsa the next 2 years so we can get used to an away game against a decent but not overpowering team.  Tulsa has a fairly new venue on campus and it would be a game Arkansas fans could come to without breaking the bank.  We suck on the road because money and beating horrible teams is far more important to us than preparing for the conference schedule.  Tulsa would nearly always be a winnable game home or away but it wouldn't be easy.  We need this for recruiting and team preparation.  A great deal would be for us to agree to play Tulsa in BB at their place every year and they had to play us in football every year at our place.