Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone see Babb and Thompson last night?

Started by k.c.hawg, April 18, 2014, 03:06:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

acey33

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 19, 2014, 10:21:34 pm
Every time I've seen Thompson play, he's produced.

Then I read hogville and it's all about how slow he is and doesn't have a motor. Nevertheless, he produces.

From what I've seen, he's made it look easy. Is it a quiet 20/10, who cares? It's 20/10.

I'll take 20/10 all day long...WPS

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 20, 2014, 09:24:20 pm
Pure BS. Trey plays hard and will be a very good player at Arkansas.he will be just fine against the sec or anyone else. where do you people get this stuff. i have watch him more times than you. that's why i know your post is crap.

I'm sure there's no bias on your part.

Hawg Red

Quote from: acey33 on April 21, 2014, 08:01:11 am
I'll take 20/10 all day long...WPS

If only those numbers would translate. But, alas, Rickey Scott led the Dallas metro area in scoring as a senior.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 09:28:14 am
If only those numbers would translate. But, alas, Rickey Scott led the Dallas metro area in scoring as a senior.
I am so tired of you bashing Trey. i know it's BS because i watched this kid play for 4 years. he is a hard worker. i don't know why you are allowed to bash Trey or any of the recruits. i thought that was a No No on this board. your BS about Trey has gotten very old.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 09:27:41 am
I'm sure there's no bias on your part.
You darn right i am bias. but i am telling people the truth.while you are selling them your BS.Trey Tompson will be a very good player at Arkansas.and he was a hard worker and outstanding player here in forrest city.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 12:38:59 pm
I am so tired of you bashing Trey. i know it's BS because i watched this kid play for 4 years. he is a hard worker. i don't know why you are allowed to bash Trey or any of the recruits. i thought that was a No No on this board. your BS about Trey has gotten very old.

I'm not bashing him. I'm giving my honest opinion. I'm sorry if it's not entirely positive. I haven't made any personal attacks on the kid or said he wasn't a good basketball player.

Report me if you want to. Anyone with a lick of logic can see I'm not bashing the kid. There's a difference between criticism and "bashing."

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 12:43:18 pm
You darn right i am bias. but i am telling people the truth.while you are selling them your BS.Trey Tompson will be a very good player at Arkansas.and he was a hard worker and outstanding player here in forrest city.

Then I can't take you seriously. (Not that I hadn't already come to that conclusion.)

mhuff

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 19, 2014, 11:04:11 pm
I am tired of reading this crap about Trey too. i have watched him play games since the 9th grade. i know he's a hell of a player. yet i keep reading on here that he's not doing this and he's not doing that. Bullcrap. he was the MVP of the 5A state tourney playing on one leg because of a bad hammy.he was the MVP for Arkansas, from the game yesterday. yet all i hear is something he does not do. ENOUGH! Trey is an outstanding player who will be very good at Arkansas. is he Corliss?NO. but he is a very good player.

Joe, I believe Hawg Red is fair in his evaluations. I have seen Thompson play a half a dozen times. I am a fan for reasons you would understand...... Practically a home town boy... but sometimes he has played well ,and sometimes not. I think it wrong to give an honest opinion and be acused of bashing. If a coach does not do a good job of coaching or a player playing, saying they played or coached well would be a lie. This is a talk board and I like it when players are discussed. We all want them to be the best they can be.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 12:46:13 pm
I'm not bashing him. I'm giving my honest opinion. I'm sorry if it's not entirely positive. I haven't made any personal attacks on the kid or said he wasn't a good basketball player.

Report me if you want to. Anyone with a lick of logic can see I'm not bashing the kid. There's a difference between criticism and "bashing."
Any mod on here will tell you i have never reported a poster to them for anything. and i never will. that's not how i roll. i am for everyone having their say.but i am sick and tired of the Trey Tompson bashing. i remember some posting the same kind of crap about Bobby Portis. how did that work out for some of you? Bobby turned out to be one of the best freshmen in the country. i am not saying Trey will be as good as Bobby. but he will be a darn good player for the Hogs. and i have seen him more than you have. so stop the BS.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mhuff on April 21, 2014, 12:56:16 pm
Joe, I believe Hawg Red is fair in his evaluations. I have seen Thompson play a half a dozen times. I am a fan for reasons you would understand...... Practically a home town boy... but sometimes he has played well ,and sometimes not. I think it wrong to give an honest opinion and be acused of bashing. If a coach does not do a good job of coaching or a player playing, saying they played or coached well would be a lie. This is a talk board and I like it when players are discussed. We all want them to be the best they can be.
You have seen him play a half a dozen times. i have seen him play for 4 years. who do you think has a better idea of what kind of player he is? you say some times he played well and some time he did not.HELLO. that's true of all players. this idea that Trey does not play hard is a joke.because i have seen him play hard.so you guys and forget that crap.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 12:48:13 pm
Then I can't take you seriously. (Not that I hadn't already come to that conclusion.)
Mike Anderson agrees with me. because if he agreed with your BS, he never would have offered Trey in the first place. so i hope Hog fans don't take your BS seriously.

chiefhawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 01:01:41 pm
You have seen him play a half a dozen times. i have seen him play for 4 years. who do you think has a better idea of what kind of player he is? you say some times he played well and some time he did not.HELLO. that's true of all players. this idea that Trey does not play hard is a joke.because i have seen him play hard.so you guys and forget that crap.
The evaluations of Coaches Anderson, Watkins, Zimmerman, and Cleveland is good enough for me. All the other chatter means nada.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 12:56:36 pm
Any mod on here will tell you i have never reported a poster to them for anything. and i never will. that's not how i roll. i am for everyone having their say.but i am sick and tired of the Trey Tompson bashing. i remember some posting the same kind of crap about Bobby Portis. how did that work out for some of you? Bobby turned out to be one of the best freshmen in the country. i am not saying Trey will be as good as Bobby. but he will be a darn good player for the Hogs. and i have seen him more than you have. so stop the BS.

There's a stark difference between one or two posters bashing Bobby Portis (I can remember maybe on person) and almost everyone having a similar opinion of Trey Thompson. Maybe Trey will be a great Hog. I certainly hope so. I just think he has a lot of work to do and it's always concerning to me when I have questions about a kid's motor. I'm certainly not infallible, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I've always said it's between the ears and in the chest with Trey. We'll see if he wants it bad enough.

forrest city joe

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 21, 2014, 01:05:17 pm
The evaluations of Coaches Anderson, Watkins, Zimmerman, and Cleveland is good enough for me. All the other chatter means nada.
+1000. thank you. your post is right on the money.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 01:03:58 pm
Mike Anderson agrees with me. because if he agreed with your BS, he never would have offered Trey in the first place. so i hope Hog fans don't take your BS seriously.

Oh, really? I've said he should have never been offered? That's interesting.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 01:08:05 pm

You know that Joe is the only opinion that matters, if you don't believe him, ask him.

mhuff

Common sense will tell you that a player is not good every game. I don't remember Portis being bashed. Thompson doesn't appear to always move a lot......even though he is an excellent passer and shoots FT's well and rebounds. Big guys don't move like guards. I have been in his camp all along and made statements like he will improve with experience and AAU play.... I have also said that he will improve when he gets to practice against Portis and Kingsley..... Duh..... that's a lot different that the competition he has been seeing in h.s..... except for the Rumble. I do not know how you feel Joe but his teams seemed to be guard oriented as most teams are and they did not get the ball to him as much as thet should......?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 01:08:05 pm
And who's judgment do you think people will take? Mike Anderson or you? i think most will take Mike's judgment. who made you an expert on Trey?

mhuff

Hey Joe...... you have been giving your opinion for years whether it was popular or not. Let others have the same right.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2014, 01:10:08 pm
You know that Joe is the only opinion that matters, if you don't believe him, ask him.
No my opinion is my opinion.but when you start bashing recruits. i am going to respond.Trey Tompson is a Razorback. and i am tired of all the BS bashing from people like you.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 01:11:45 pm
And who's judgment do you think people will take? Mike Anderson or you? i think most will take Mike's judgment. who made you an expert on Trey?

Who's to say my opinion differs from Mike Anderson's?

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 01:15:39 pm
No my opinion is my opinion.but when you start bashing recruits. i am going to respond.Trey Tompson is a Razorback. and i am tired of all the BS bashing from people like you.

You blaming the players for losses because "they aren't good enough" is not bashing, though, correct?

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 01:15:39 pm

Bashing, lol, it's their opinion.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mhuff on April 21, 2014, 01:13:35 pm
Hey Joe...... you have been giving your opinion for years whether it was popular or not. Let others have the same right.
I can't stop others from giving their opinions. but i will respond to them and to you. so go ahead and give all the opinion you want. but i will respond.STOP BASHING TREY TOMPSON.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2014, 01:17:59 pm
Bashing, lol, it's their opinion.
And i am giving my opinion of their opinion. how about that?

mhuff

Why is it that discussion has to turn into crap. Joe, you are wrong on this.... The man is not bashing anyone. Let's drop this and try talking BB intelligently. We don't need this on this board.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 01:15:58 pm
Looks like you are saying it. Trey is not doing this, and Trey is not doing that. i am tired of it.

forrest city joe

I am so happy and proud that Trey Tompson is a Razorback. he is a good kid who is going to be a very good player for the hogs. thank you coach Mike Anderson for your faith in Trey. he will be a very good player for the the Hogs.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 01:22:40 pm
Looks like you are saying it. Trey is not doing this, and Trey is not doing that. i am tired of it.

How do you know Mike doesn't think the same thing or have the same concerns? Every player has faults, some more glaring than others. Still, at his size and with his potential, you have to offer him. It's entirely possible that Mike Anderson thinks the same thing I do and sees the same things I do. Coaches admit all the time that players have things to work on.

mhuff

Personally, I have seen his potential and think he will be a fabulous player. He is a good kid and from a good family .... plus he is a good student. However, he is a work in progress like all of us. There were those that said that Kingsley would be a non factor... Anybody can say what they like. On here you decern who to listen to and who not. I have seen some good posters be wrong numerous times. However, no one is right all the time. Plus, we don't have to be clones on here.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mhuff on April 21, 2014, 01:22:11 pm
Why is it that discussion has to turn into crap. Joe, you are wrong on this.... The man is not bashing anyone. Let's drop this and try talking BB intelligently. We don't need this on this board.
What we don't need on this board is people like you and him finding things wrong with a recruit. if he get's here and he fails(which he won't) that's one thing. but to see this crap over and over about how lazy Trey is. and how he does not play hard is a lie. i have seen him play hard. and i have watched him for 4 years, not 6 games.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 01:38:21 pm
How do you know Mike doesn't think the same thing or have the same concerns? Every player has faults, some more glaring than others. Still, at his size and with his potential, you have to offer him. It's entirely possible that Mike Anderson thinks the same thing I do and sees the same things I do. Coaches admit all the time that players have things to work on.
Who said he did not have things to work on? all players have things they can work on. that's a far cry from saying a guy is not playing hard or is lazy.enough is enough.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 01:55:21 pm
Who said he did not have things to work on? all players have things they can work on. that's a far cry from saying a guy is not playing hard or is lazy.enough is enough.

How is it a far cry? Would those not be things to work on?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 01:57:40 pm
How is it a far cry? Would those not be things to work on?
If he is going to play for Mike Anderson(which he is) your lie about him won't matter even if it's true.(which it's not)if you don't play hard, you don't play for Mike Anderson. so that will not be a problem.

mhuff

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 01:53:01 pm
What we don't need on this board is people like you and him finding things wrong with a recruit. if he get's here and he fails(which he won't) that's one thing. but to see this crap over and over about how lazy Trey is. and how he does not play hard is a lie. i have seen him play hard. and i have watched him for 4 years, not 6 games.

I never said Trey was lazy. You seem to take what people say and turn it into something that is starting some crap. Your motives are questionable. Who are you to say what a person can or can't say. I believe that is a moderator's right. If they don't like what I say, I am sure they will  me know. I don't appreciate your putting words in my mouth I did not say.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mhuff on April 21, 2014, 02:13:45 pm
I never said Trey was lazy. You seem to take what people say and turn it into something that is starting some crap. Your motives are questionable. Who are you to say what a person can or can't say. I believe that is a moderator's right. If they don't like what I say, I am sure they will  me know. I don't appreciate your putting words in my mouth I did not say.
I don't give a crap what you appreciate. when you jump in here and try to defend a guy who is saying a kid is not playing hard. i am coming right back at you, because i know Trey plays hard. i have seen him play hard(not always well) for 4 years now. if you don't want me to respond to this crap. keep the crap off the forum. it you chose to post it. i will respond.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 02:20:46 pm
I don't give a crap what you appreciate. when you jump in here and try to defend a guy who is saying a kid is not playing hard. i am coming right back at you, because i know Trey plays hard. i have seen him play hard(not always well) for 4 years now. if you don't want me to respond to this crap. keep the crap off the forum. it you chose to post it. i will respond.

His motor is questionable. That's an observation many people have seen when they've seen him play. If that hurts your feelings because the kid is from Forrest City, I don't know what to tell you. I also don't know what you're seeing when you watch him play or what games you've seen him play. But when people are very familiar with the style of play Arkansas employs, they're going to have concerns when they watch Trey Thompson play in person because he does not exhibit the type of motor that you typically see from a Mike Anderson player.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 01:15:58 pm
didnt you change your name because you "evaluated" BJ as a lock 1st rd pick.  That's all I need to know.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 02:25:57 pm
His motor is questionable. That's an observation many people have seen when they've seen him play. If that hurts your feelings because the kid is from Forrest City, I don't know what to tell you. I also don't know what you're seeing when you watch him play or what games you've seen him play. But when people are very familiar with the style of play Arkansas employs, they're going to have concerns when they watch Trey Thompson play in person because he does not exhibit the type of motor that you typically see from a Mike Anderson player.
Says a guy at his keyboard. me and Mike Anderson disagree with you. there is a reson Mike is bringing him in here. and he knows a lot more than you do. you know nothing. i know more than you do. i have watched a lot of games he played the last 4 years. that's why i know your post is a lie.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 21, 2014, 02:28:57 pm
didnt you change your name because you "evaluated" BJ as a lock 1st rd pick.  That's all I need to know.
BOOM! did not know that. it speaks for itself.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 21, 2014, 02:28:57 pm

No. I evaluated him as just a draft pick. A lot of people did, including people that get paid to cover the draft.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 02:32:32 pm
BOOM! did not know that. it speaks for itself.

That sounds like bashing a former Hog to me. Stop the BS.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 02:30:10 pm
Says a guy at his keyboard. me and Mike Anderson disagree with you. there is a reson Mike is bringing him in here. and he knows a lot more than you do. you know nothing. i know more than you do. i have watched a lot of games he played the last 4 years. that's why i know your post is a lie.

I giggled.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 02:41:38 pm
That sounds like bashing a former Hog to me. Stop the BS.
No it's not. i like BJ and think he was a very good player when he was here.you never heard me say he was not playing hard. or that he was lazy. your BS about Trey Tompson needs to stop. because i will respond to your lies.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 02:45:13 pm
No it's not. i like BJ and think he was a very good player when he was here.you never heard me say he was not playing hard. or that he was lazy. your BS about Trey Tompson needs to stop. because i will respond to your lies.

Not planning on changing anything anytime soon. Buckle up.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Give it a rest, fellas, on a thread about future Hogs.

Agree to disagree.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HogsonHicks

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 21, 2014, 02:20:46 pm

Huff was trying to reason with you, Joe.  Quit being a jerk.  It's painful trying to read through a thread about future Hogs and see all the needless arguing.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 02:47:51 pm
Not planning on changing anything anytime soon. Buckle up.
I will be here. and i will respond. so be ready.

Hawg Red

forrest city joe

Quote from: Notshavin on April 21, 2014, 02:51:14 pm
Give it a rest, fellas, on a thread about future Hogs.

Agree to disagree.
I will give it a rest when he stop his BS lies about Trey.