Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 39 Thread: Arkansas (23-15, 7-8 SEC) vs. #19 Vanderbilt (28-10, 7-8 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, April 18, 2014, 12:56:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Killian's line

6.2 innings, 6 hits, 2 runs, 0 earned runs, 3Ks, 1 BB, 98 pitches

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

trippigs

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 18, 2014, 08:57:12 pm
The Vandy reliever is the usual Saturday starter so obviously we will see someone else tomorrow

Strange style but effective...and he is a giant

JHicks3636

Team
                        1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9          R    H    E
Vanderbilt         0    0    2    0    0    0    0    0                2     6    0
Arkansas           4    0    1    0    1    0    0    0                6    10   2
LOB
Vanderbilt   5
Arkansas     5

Due up for Vandy
Wiel           1-3
Wiseman    0-3
Norwood    1-3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Top of the 9th

Gunn comes in to try to close it out for Trey Killian

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

FINAL
Team
                        1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9          R    H    E
Vanderbilt         0    0    2    0    0    0    0    0    0          2     6    0
Arkansas           4    0    1    0    1    0    0    0    X          6    10   2

LOB
Vanderbilt   5
Arkansas     5

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JRHoward

Woooo Pig!

trippigs

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Lake City Hog

+1 for the PBP.
Hoping to watch the final game of the series on ESPN Sunday

tennesseehogwild

Tre Killian with a well earned and long time coming win for Hogs! He has faced best of best every Friday....Is this Hogs first Friday win in SEC play? A big WPS for our Hogs!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Kenny Dowell Loggains

hogman64

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: gguillo on April 18, 2014, 09:09:17 pm
Good to see Killian finally get rewarded for a great outing!

TK has been a much needed inning eater every Friday and has saved our pen for most Sat and Sun games.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

6:05pm is the start time for tomorrow.

I like our chances for a sweep!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Fisher continues to hit well. (4 RBI's)

Baxendale played another big part in the win. (2 RBI's)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Trey Killian is the player of the game, as if their was any question who it would be.

TK= class act

Hogpkins

Great win Hogs. Love dominant wins like that, and as a bonus it keeps the trolls/miserables away. But for that SS error, they would've stayed away the entire game haha. Go Hogs!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Killian said he had fast ball command and he was "pitching down" better this week.

Credits the hitters.

pigture perfect

Thanks so much for the pbp. Great win. Team really coming together.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Bama has beat Tenn, so we don't gain ground on them.

Ole Miss takes game 2 from LSU, so that helps us.

A&M and Kent are tied at 3 in the 8th.

MSU and Mizzou are tied at 2 in the 9th.

There has been some rainouts today.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Vandy still has not announced their starter for tomorrow.

Vandy drops to 28-11 overall and 2 games under 500 in conference, ranked #12 in the NCAA and #14 RPI.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hogs are now 8-8 in conference play and still just 3 games out of first place.

Hawgzinbowlz

TikiHog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 18, 2014, 09:19:52 pm
Trey Killian is the player of the game, as if their was any question who it would be.

TK= class act

I think I would throw Fisher in there too...great night at the park...the 2 runs early in the game for Vandy I would put those on Serano..If Serano doesn't make his error then the hit to Bernal would have been a easy toss to Anderson for the force at 2nd..still Bernal has to make that play...Bax looked like he had a piano on his back on that infield single..he had the biggest smile when he came back to the dugout

ucahogfan

Huge win for the Hogs and I would like to point out a couple of plays that lead to 5 runs for the Hogs.

1st, in the bottom of the 1st with bases loaded and 1 out and Bax at the plate, he hits what probably could and should have been an inning ending 6-3 DP, but Anderson busted his tail and made a terrific slide to prevent Conde from throwing to 1st.  That allowed Benintendi to score and obviously Fisher sent I think the next pitch into Vandy's pen and put the game out of reach in the 1st inning and finally gave Killian some run support.

2nd, Bax's infield single was another huge play in the game.  Conde again was at the center of the action for the Commodores and looked towards 3rd just long enough to allow Bax to leg out his first and more than likely only infield single as a Razorback.  Again, Fisher sent the next pitch to the OF for another run producer, but this time for a sac fly.

This offense seems to have turned the corner.  They have had a good game every time out since the finale against South Carolina.  And for those of you who are going to come around and say only scored 3 on Friday and 4 on Saturday against LSU, please go look at the stats of the pitchers they threw and the success our offense had against them.  We have been more aggressive at the plate and Bax finally getting ABs has played a huge role.  Fisher has also homered in 4 straight SEC games and might be the first Hog to ever do that.  Benintendi and Serrano are really heating up and if Bax and Fisher keep clubbing opposing pitching Anderson will start seeing hittable pitches again.

We need to keep stealing bases and being insanely aggressive on the base paths.  We are 14-17 in SB attempts in SEC play this year.  Our opponents are only 6-14 in SEC play which shows just how great Wise is.  He has essentially shut down any running game the opposing team might bring to the table.

DVH pulled Killian at the perfect time tonight.  Killian isn't a very hard thrower at 88-92, but throws a ton of strikes and mixes his pitches well.  Vandy had started to square Killian up the 2nd and 3rd time through the lineup and had figured out his timing.  Bringing Jackson in after Killian was the perfect move.  Jackson is the epitome of a power pitcher with a mid 90s fastball and a filthy breaking ball.  The freshman C Darby had no chance against Jackson when he struck out.  I also like the move of bringing Gunn in the 9th as it allows DVH to turn to both Jackson and Gunn again later on in the weekend.  Both pens are very fresh as both starters went deep into the game and should make for an interesting rest of the series.

Both errors tonight were rough, but ultimately it didn't affect the outcome of the game outside of the fact we would have had our 8th shutout of the season and 4th in conference play.  Fisher would have dug Bernal's throw out of the dirt 99 out of 100 times, but this 1 time just seemed to happen.  Fisher has played unbelievable D this year and saved at least 1 run tonight if not more.

I probably won't make the game thread tomorrow until well into the afternoon like 4-4:30, but I'll definitely make it before the game tomorrow.  I just don't want to make it too early because of a new superstition I have.

Anyway, great game and great crowd on hand at Baum and I think we will see huge crowds each of the next 2 games.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

When discussing the error that Fisher was charged with on the line drive hit to him, DVH said the ball actually busted thru the web of his glove. He caught it for a split second and it went thru the webbing. They repaired the webbing in the glove while having a meeting on the mound.

pigture perfect

Sounds like a good team win to me. When a team sticks by a team mate who makes an error and picks him up, MVP goes to the team.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Break & Run

This team is starting to gather enough swag to win a lot more conference games.  We're sitting at 8-8 with 14 games left.  IF they continue hitting like today and can cut down on the badly timed errors (as if there's a good timed error?) then we can sweep Vandy.  Do that, be 10-8 in conference going to Ole Miss next weekend, anything can happen with the confidence the team will have.  I predict, if we continue growing as a team, that we will go 10-4 in the remaining 14 SEC games.  That's just my opinion though...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ucahogfan

Quote from: Break & Run on April 19, 2014, 09:28:30 am
This team is starting to gather enough swag to win a lot more conference games.  We're sitting at 8-8 with 14 games left.  IF they continue hitting like today and can cut down on the badly timed errors (as if there's a good timed error?) then we can sweep Vandy.  Do that, be 10-8 in conference going to Ole Miss next weekend, anything can happen with the confidence the team will have.  I predict, if we continue growing as a team, that we will go 10-4 in the remaining 14 SEC games.  That's just my opinion though...
We face Auburn next weekend at Baum, but they have been our kryptonite in the last few seasons.  We are in a 9 game home stand and could gather some real steam heading to Oxford the first weekend in May and down the stretch.  Most of the college baseball guys said that this team would start off slow and get better as the season goes along and it appears that is the path we are going down.

Sweeping Vandy would be huge although they have struggled the last few weeks dropping series to both Tennessee and TAMU.  I see us going at least 8-6 the remainder of SEC play and could get on fire and go 12-2.

Break & Run

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 19, 2014, 09:34:54 am
We face Auburn next weekend at Baum, but they have been our kryptonite in the last few seasons.  We are in a 9 game home stand and could gather some real steam heading to Oxford the first weekend in May and down the stretch.  Most of the college baseball guys said that this team would start off slow and get better as the season goes along and it appears that is the path we are going down.

Sweeping Vandy would be huge although they have struggled the last few weeks dropping series to both Tennessee and TAMU.  I see us going at least 8-6 the remainder of SEC play and could get on fire and go 12-2.

I must be a week ahead of myself then.  I guess we go to Ole Miss in two weekends then. Either way, if we can win each series from here on out, I'd be happy.  The front end of our schedule was brutal.  Florida's really kicking butt while USC is tanking fast.