Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 39 Thread: Arkansas (23-15, 7-8 SEC) vs. #19 Vanderbilt (28-10, 7-8 SEC)

Started by ucahogfan, April 18, 2014, 12:56:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

First pitch is set for 6:35 this evening.  Tonight's game will not be televised.  This is a matchup of the two teams in the SEC who have avoided a sweep in SEC play the longest.  Vandy has played 24 SEC series without being swept while the Hogs have played 22.  The Hogs will send Sophomore RHP Trey Killian (1-6, 3.00 ERA) to the bump to start Game 1 as he is seeking his 4th CG in 6 SEC starts.  The Commodores are countering with 2011 1st round pick Junior RHP Tyler Beede (5-4, 3.23 ERA).  I won't be able to do PBP tonight.

elksnort

TikiHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

UCA are you going to set up the starting line ups?

Trying to decide if I'm going to run over to the ballpark and get a hotdog, some Barbeque Nacho's and popcorn.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Hard to believe Killian is 1-6 with a 3.00 ERA... All due to lack of run support.  Should be 5-2 or 4-3 at the very least.

Win it for KILLIAN!

JHicks3636

Arkansas line-up

Spoon        CF    .273
Benintendi  RF    .281
Serrano      LF    .328
Anderson    2B   .321
Baxendale  DH   .239
Fisher        1B    .244
Wernes      3B    .234
Wise          C     .147
Bernal       SS    .245

On the mound
Trey Killian   RHP   Soph   1-6   3.00 era   10 BB  25 K   2.28 B/Avg

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 18, 2014, 05:05:50 pm
Arkansas line-up

Spoon        CF    .273
Benintendi  RF    .281
Serrano      LF    .328
Anderson    2B   .321
Baxendale  DH   .239
Fisher        1B    .244
Wernes      3B    .234
Wise          C     .147
Bernal       SS    .245

On the mound
Trey Killian   RHP   Soph   1-6   3.00 era   10 BB  25 K   2.28 B/Avg
Hicks, you good for pbp tonight. I think uca stated he is unavailable.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Vandy line-up

Swanson       2B   .364
Turner          3B   .331
Reynolds       1B   .338
Conde           SS   .320
Wiel              DH  .272
Wiseman       RF   .252
Norwood       CF   .255
Rogers          LF   .220
Delay            C    .302

On the mound
Tyler Beede  RHP  JR   5-4    3.23 era   20 BB  56  K   2.03 B/Avg

JHicks3636

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 18, 2014, 05:59:45 pm
Hicks, you good for pbp tonight. I think uca stated he is unavailable.

I'd prefer to help with 1/2 inning box, but will do PBP if no one comes forward.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 18, 2014, 06:04:03 pm
I'd prefer to help with 1/2 inning box, but will do PBP if no one comes forward.
Roger that. Maybe Pocono can jump in. If not, I can attempt it.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Team
                        1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9          R    H    E
Vanderbilt                                                                    0    0    0
Arkansas                                                                      0    0    0

LOB
Vanderbilt   0
Arkansas     0

Due up for

Hogpkins

Vandy batters 1-4 in lineup all hitting above .320.  And when the 9-hole circles around that's 5 .300+ batters in a row.  This should be a good matchup against our starting pitchers this weekend.

trippigs

Before we get started I gotta know......has anyone tried Sooiee Sauce??

Hogpkins

I'm surprised to see Beede with a 5-4 record...although I do consider pitcher W-L record the most unfair statistic in sports.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: trippigs on April 18, 2014, 06:21:39 pm
Before we get started I gotta know......has anyone tried Sooiee Sauce??
No, have you, and if so please compare to other sauces. Big Texas Pete fan here.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Killian was dealing that inning. Both Ks were looking on really good pitches.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

trippigs

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 18, 2014, 06:26:50 pm
No, have you, and if so please compare to other sauces. Big Texas Pete fan here.

Nope...don't think they sell it in Hot Springs where I live

JHicks3636

Team
Vanderbilt         0                                                         0    0    0
Arkansas                                                                      0    0    0

LOB
Vanderbilt   0
Arkansas     0

Due up for Arkansas
Spoon          .273
Benintendi    .281
Serrano        .328

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Nice hit and run. If the runner is not going that is a DP, but SS moved to cover 2nd with the runner on the move.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

Baxendale grounder up the middle, runner out at 2nd. One run scores
1-0 Hogs

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

trippigs

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

JHicks3636

Vandy pitcher has been all over the place and we have laid off his junk. Finally got one over and it went out.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

The story on this pitcher is that he sometimes struggles early and then gets better as he warms up.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Team
Vanderbilt         0                                                         0    0    0
Arkansas           4                                                         4    3    0

LOB
Vanderbilt   0
Arkansas     0

Due up for Vandy
Conde       .320
Wiel          .272
Wiseman   .252

tennesseehogwild

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Scott7703

Bax and Fisher are doing work lately. Knocking in runs with less than two outs which we struggles mightily with early.

tennesseehogwild

Why do I say every year "Never again will I purchase razorvision" But I always do only to be let daown once again.  >:(

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

JonClaudeVanHam

Never walk the lead off man after a big inning. Come on, Killian..
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.