Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple sources reporting Frank Haith is being linked to Tulsa.

Started by k.c.hawg, April 17, 2014, 01:33:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

Quote from: Filthy_McSwine on April 17, 2014, 03:34:28 pm
Those choads blame everything on Anderson.  Three years after the fact.

So, is it "suitcase" Frank now?

It is carry-on Frank. Not big enough to be a suitcase.

Smithian

Quote from: MikePiazza on April 17, 2014, 03:32:20 pm
And get rid of who?
Notice the phrase "see if they can find room" not just "find room"

He's a rising star and would be a huge boost to recruiting. Won't happen but interesting to speculate.

k.c.hawg

Wow Haith has told his players he is going to Tulsa to explore the possibilities of the job and that he is interested. How in the hell could Mizzou ever let someone go interview for the Tulsa job and comeback? My best guess is Alden is offering to pay $150k of his salary at Tulsa for the first 3 years. They say Mizzou has given him permission.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

chiefhawg

Fuller has a strong resume.  But if he is not "their guy" most coaches are cautious about hiring an up and comer. It can go sideways.

chiefhawg

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 17, 2014, 03:47:54 pm
Wow Haith has told his players he is going to Tulsa to explore the possibilities of the job and that he is interested. How in the hell could Mizzou ever let someone go interview for the Tulsa job and comeback? My best guess is Alden is offering to pay $150k of his salary at Tulsa for the first 3 years. They say Mizzou has given him permission.
I wonder if there is an escape clause in the current contract that will let Missouri avoid the buyout?

MikePiazza

If anyone should be gotten rid of from Anderson's staff, it's Watkins.

Dude has been mailing it in for awhile. That'd probably mean you'd lose Manny, but that's not a significant loss by any means.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 03:46:11 pm
Pick one, really. Start with MZ.
He's the hardest worker on the staff. But I also think he's a guy that might would be first to leave if the idea of bringing in someone else came about. I also think MZ wouldn't be leaving the University. They would find a role to put him in due to what he brings to the program off the court.

Hawg Red

Watkins is like Anderson's best friend and T.J. is his cousin. It's going to be Zimmerman, if anyone.

But we all know there isn't going to be a change brought on by Anderson.

-Blu

Quote from: MikePiazza on April 17, 2014, 03:51:20 pm
If anyone should be gotten rid of from Anderson's staff, it's Watkins.

Dude has been mailing it in for awhile. That'd probably mean you'd lose Manny, but that's not a significant loss by any means.

Why would you say that?  Watkins is actually our best out of state recruiter.  He's the one that got us Nick Babb, believe he got Keaton Miles as well.  And if we get Jimmy Whitt, he'll be the reason for that one as well.  I'm sure he was the head recruiter for some other guys as well that I read about, but don't want to say without being sure, I'll look it up here later.  But I know for a fact the majority of our out of state guys he was the lead recruiter for them. 

chiefhawg

Quote from: azhog10 on April 17, 2014, 03:53:55 pm
He's the hardest worker on the staff. But I also think he's a guy that might would be first to leave if the idea of bringing in someone else came about. I also think MZ wouldn't be leaving the University. They would find a role to put him in due to what he brings to the program off the court.
Isn't Matt the lead recruiter? He is the guy that out beating the bushes. Seems like he is always on the road.

Hawg Red

I did not realize Tulsa was moving into the AAC this upcoming season.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

k.c.hawg

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 17, 2014, 03:50:24 pm
I wonder if there is an escape clause in the current contract that will let Missouri avoid the buyout?

My best guess is Alden/Mizzou gave him permission to go interview but essentially said "there is no coming back". Of course Frank could then comeback, make them fire him and then pay him his buyout. Missouri might then try to say he has damaged the Mizzou brand by this becoming public to try and get out of the buyout.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

BR

MikePiazza

Quote from: -Blu on April 17, 2014, 03:56:43 pm
Why would you say that?  Watkins is actually our best out of state recruiter.  He's the one that got us Nick Babb, believe he got Keaton Miles as well.  And if we get Jimmy Whitt, he'll be the reason for that one as well.  I'm sure he was the head recruiter for some other guys as well that I read about, but don't want to say without being sure, I'll look it up here later.  But I know for a fact the majority of our out of state guys he was the lead recruiter for them.

Right now, Hogs need to worry about not letting other programs poach the in-state guys.

I'll concede that Whitt would be a huge pick-up, but let's not act like it's Melvin Watkins alone that would convince him to come to Arkansas. It's the style of play and Whitt probably remembers what those Mizzou teams were like when Anderson coached there.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

BR

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  41s
Missouri's Frank Haith has reached verbal agreement to become the head coach at Tulsa, source told ESPN. Haith is en route to Tulsa now.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: BR on April 17, 2014, 04:13:54 pm
MU did give Tulsa permission to talk to Haith...

Yeah I knew they gave permission but I'm thinking they gave permission with the understanding that it would be impossible for him to comeback. What fan base is left would check completely out, recruiting would be ruined, and for at least a year every Mizzou basketball game on national tv would come with the caveat that the coach flirted with leaving for Tulsa. This has to be the end of the Haith era at Mizzou....has to be.

McKdaddy

Alden is grinning ear-to-ear about not having to keep Haith for another year or pay him severance to fire him.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

-Blu

Anybody have any clue who Mizzou will go after/have a chance at as far as a new head coach?

BR

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS  2m
Done deal. Frank Haith, as expected, will be the next coach at Tulsa, a source told @CBSSports. Updated story coming.

chiefhawg

Quote from: BR on April 17, 2014, 04:18:08 pm
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  41s
Missouri's Frank Haith has reached verbal agreement to become the head coach at Tulsa, source told ESPN. Haith is en route to Tulsa now.
Is Kim English meeting him there? Faith in Haith?

McKdaddy

I viewed MU's giving permission for Haith to talk to Tulsa as "please take the job".

BR

Quote from: -Blu on April 17, 2014, 04:20:21 pm
Anybody have any clue who Mizzou will go after/have a chance at as far as a new head coach?

MU is willing to spend the bank to get Gregg Marshall

Hawg Red

Quote from: BR on April 17, 2014, 04:22:23 pm
MU is willing to spend the bank to get Gregg Marshall

That would be really bad for us, I'm afraid, if we were to take that job.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: -Blu on April 17, 2014, 04:20:21 pm

Tim Miles - Nebraska
Archie Miller -Dayton

Are the first two names being thrown out there.

MatCauthon

Hogarusa

Done deal, according to ESPN and CBS tweets.  He has agreed
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

The_Iceman

I actually don't like this. Haith was trending that program downward. I think a pretty solid coach would be very interested in Mizzou.

thegrizz

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 04:27:12 pm
That would be really bad for us, I'm afraid, if we were to take that job.

As a Mizzou guy I would love that. But I dont see it happening. I worry that top up and comers will worry why we have gone through 3 coaches in 9 years. Mizzou is a good job but realistically a guy like Marshall would want a great job to leave. But you never know, and certainly should be the first call made.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

thegrizz

McKdaddy

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 17, 2014, 04:31:49 pm
I actually don't like this. Haith was trending that program downward. I think a pretty solid coach would be very interested in Mizzou.

Agreed.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: MikePiazza on April 17, 2014, 04:16:33 pm
Right now, Hogs need to worry about not letting other programs poach the in-state guys.

I'll concede that Whitt would be a huge pick-up, but let's not act like it's Melvin Watkins alone that would convince him to come to Arkansas. It's the style of play and Whitt probably remembers what those Mizzou teams were like when Anderson coached there.

We've had THREE former in-state recruits transfer BACK to the program. I'm not worried about losing anyone. This staff has sold Arkansas kids on this program. The only way we'd lose a guy is if he thought he wouldn't get enough PT here, and kids like Monk don't have to worry about that.

I do agree that getting Monk, Allen, and others is priority #1 in recruiting for the next couple of years.

MojoHog

Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Breems

Hey, Kim English, still feel comfortable under the warm and stable Heath blanket after mean ol' Mike left for Arkansas?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

dsims2k3

This helps with the recruitment of Whitt,  I would believe.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

chiefhawg

Quote from: Breems on April 17, 2014, 04:51:30 pm
Hey, Kim English, still feel comfortable under the warm and stable Heath blanket after mean ol' Mike left for Arkansas?
Faith in Haith

arkbadger

Quote from: MojoHog on April 17, 2014, 04:45:52 pm
:)

Now if mizzou can just blow this coaching search...

based on past history I would say the odds are pretty good.

losing your coach to the third best basketball school in mobilehoma isn't a good look.
You can keep that skoal baby.

BR

@GoodmanESPN Kim Anderson said he would not come back to coach at Mizzou after the Tigers passed him up to hire Mike Anderson.

opineonswine

Although I couldn't stand that little goober Haith, I think it hilarious that he gave Mizzou the finger and went to Tulsa.  Ouch....talk about a slap.  They can spin it all they want but the fact is, he left them for TULSA. 

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: mizzouman on April 17, 2014, 03:14:25 pm
Apparently, a 2:45pm meeting with the players was held.  Don't know though.  If he's seriously thinking about Tulsa, he needs to go.  LATER.

Give me Greg Marshall.......

LOL....  but, but, but.....I thought Mizzou fans were thrilled that Anderson was gone and that Master Haith was the next great thing to take them to the promised land.....

Screw Mizzou and their fans...
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

chiefhawg

McKdaddy

chiefhawg

If not, they will be butt hurt and follow him to Tulsa for the introduction press conference.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 17, 2014, 05:16:51 pm
Did he tell the media goodbye?

I swear I couldn't believe that Gabe DeArmond came on 810 here and cried for a fricking hour about the way CMA departed. I kept thinking I cannot be hearing a media person on here expressing such butt hurt over an individual that he covered. I could have understood it a little better if Anderson had loaded the dudes woman on the jet when he left but even at that......

Breems

Quote from: opineonswine on April 17, 2014, 05:08:20 pm
Although I couldn't stand that little goober Haith, I think it hilarious that he gave Mizzou the finger and went to Tulsa.  Ouch....talk about a slap.  They can spin it all they want but the fact is, he left them for TULSA. 

It wasn't a slap in the face. He tucked his tail between his legs and ran away from the mess he created.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Breems on April 17, 2014, 05:35:59 pm
It wasn't a slap in the face. He tucked his tail between his legs and ran away from the mess he created.

This definitely has the smell of Tommy Tubberville.....looks out the front window and sees the posse riding over the distant ridge. Slips out the back door and jumps on the waiting saddled up horse. No worries about the posse catching him, he has a year head start and there is a good money grab with 5 years of job security just down the road.