Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple sources reporting Frank Haith is being linked to Tulsa.

Started by k.c.hawg, April 17, 2014, 01:33:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

I can't believe he would take it but I guess he could be pulling a Tommy Tubberville and getting out ahead of the Posse!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HawgAdvocate

Gary Parrish reported that Haith is "involved in the coaching search."

The term "involved" can be interpreted in a number of ways.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The Hogfather

HAHAHAHA!

Surely this isn't him just trying to get a raise and extension.

He appears to be jumping jobs to avoid firestorms he creates.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkerOinker

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 17, 2014, 01:37:35 pm
Gary Parrish reported that Haith is "involved in the coaching search."

The term "involved" can be interpreted in a number of ways.

Why would he be involved in any other way? The guy has no ties to Tulsa as far as I know, he is from NYC, grew up in North Carolina and went to college at Elon. Would be surprised if he left for Tulsa, but not sure why he would be helping in a search either.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Hawg Red

Mixed feelings on a potential departure. He's not that good of a coach and they've definitely been trending downward under him, but he's also 3-1 against the Hogs as Missouri coach.  ???

I'd rather him stay, though.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: PorkerOinker on April 17, 2014, 01:43:42 pm
Why would he be involved in any other way? The guy has no ties to Tulsa as far as I know,

...and we'll leave it at that until further developments transpire.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

k.c.hawg

Other sources have said the job is his if he wants it. I'm sure there are people doing some speculating trying to get ahead of the story but coaches on the hot seat resetting the shot clock elsewhere is becoming a trend. Many sources other than Parrish on this one.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hawg Red

Jeff Goodman reports that the job is his if he wants it, so he appears to be their top target.

k.c.hawg

To be honest Mizzou would love it. Alden doesn't want to fire his hire but is not happy at all with the direction of the program, transfer U and fan apathy!!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 01:46:34 pm
Jeff Goodman reports that the job is his if he wants it, so he appears to be their top target.

Mercer coach Bob Hoffman was the lead name just a few hours ago, before bowing out...and New Mexico State's Marvin Menzies is still in play reportedly.

I'll agree with Hogfather on what should transpire next:

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 17, 2014, 01:39:08 pm
Surely this isn't him just trying to get a raise and extension.

k.c.hawg

thegrizz

Hawg Red

Haith could be one bad season away from getting fired. Might be a preemptive move on his part, if he takes the job.

hogsanity

Escape pod move by Haith.  Goes to Tulsa, gets out of Mizz and the big12, does well for a couple years with Manning's players in a decent mid-major league, then gets a bigger job somewhere else, while avoiding the potential dumpster fire at Mizzu.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

mhuff

I do not want Calipari or Heath that close to Fayetteville.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on April 17, 2014, 02:06:16 pm
Escape pod move by Haith.  Goes to Tulsa, gets out of Mizz and the big12, does well for a couple years with Manning's players in a decent mid-major league, then gets a bigger job somewhere else, while avoiding the potential dumpster fire at Mizzu.

Except SEC
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

k.c.hawg

Pat Forde weighing in that according to his sources it is legitimate. If Haith has leaked this to get a reworked deal/more job security at Mizzou he will not so much as hear a word from Mike Alden. This would be the absolute best case scenario for Mizzou and would save them considerable buyout cash next year. My best guess is Alden is burning up the phones right now and hoping and praying he gets to go shopping again. On the heels of 5 tournaments in a row announced attendance was down 22% this year and that arena has been less than 1/3 full for many SEC games. There was fan apathy even when they were winning and many alum are extremely turned off by a roster full of transfers that seem less than dedicated to Mizzou.

Tulsa World now reporting Haith is to meet with Tulsa AD Gragg today. If he does that I cannot see how he can possibly return to Mizzou.

Jeff Goodman now reports they are in final negotiations and barring a last minute collapse it's Haith to Tulsa.

Breems

LoL. What a cheesenut. When the goin' gets tough, the Haiths leave in a fiery mess.

I hope he stays and sucks them up some more before he gets fired. Missouri is probably dumb enough to keep him another 2 years.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogarusa

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 01:45:24 pm
Mixed feelings on a potential departure. He's not that good of a coach and they've definitely been trending downward under him, but he's also 1-3 against the Hogs as Missouri coach.  ???

Pretty sure he is better than 1-3 vs the Hogs. 

I don't think you flirt with Tulsa if you are looking for a raise/extension from your current job.  You flirt with Tulsa because you want everyone to know you will go anywhere to get away from your current job.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

pigture perfect

Wow, why would Tulsa be so desperate? They have a tradition of hiring up and comers and doing well with that. I would rather get Pelphrey and let him grow up that go after retread Haith, if I were a Golden Hurricane.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogarusa

Hawg Red

Quote from: lowberh on April 17, 2014, 02:54:00 pm
Pretty sure he is better than 1-3 vs the Hogs. 

By my math, we've played Missouri 4 times since he's been head coach and won 1 time. Correct me if wrong.

Remember: Missouri was still in the Big 12 his first year and we did not play them.

inhognation

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 03:01:02 pm
By my math, we've played Missouri 4 times since he's been head coach and won 1 time. Correct me if wrong.

Remember: Missouri was still in the Big 12 his first year and we did not play them.

This^^^^  We lost to them twice this year and split with them last year  - home and home

RazorPiggie

So Haith is 3-1 vs the Hogs not 1-3.

I hope he stays. I don't want them getting a better coach that can out recruit us.

Hawg Red

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on April 17, 2014, 03:07:17 pm
So Haith is 3-1 vs the Hogs not 1-3.

I hope he stays. I don't want them getting a better coach that can out recruit us.

Correct.

I have apparently developed some form of early '30s dyslexia. It's clear what I meant by my post but seeing it 2-3 times after that and not catching it is bad. I done Haith'd.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 03:08:50 pm
Correct.

I have apparently developed some form of early '30s dyslexia. It's clear what I meant by my post but seeing it 2-3 times after that and not catching it is bad. I done Haith'd.

I saw it and thought WTH as well. No biggie.

Hogarusa

Right.  So he is 3-1 vs the Hogs, not 1-3.  Maybe I am reading it wrong. 

I see it has been solved.  All is well, carry on.

Hawg Red

Quote from: lowberh on April 17, 2014, 03:10:54 pm
Right.  So he is 3-1 vs the Hogs, not 1-3.  Maybe I am reading it wrong.

No, I was dumb.

chiefhawg

Does he have any recruits that we would like? Slow birds miss the worms.

mizzouman

Apparently, a 2:45pm meeting with the players was held.  Don't know though.  If he's seriously thinking about Tulsa, he needs to go.  LATER.

Give me Greg Marshall.......

chiefhawg

Dayum,

Over on Tiger Board they are some blaming Mike Anderson.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: mizzouman on April 17, 2014, 03:14:25 pm
Apparently, a 2:45pm meeting with the players was held.  Don't know though.  If he's seriously thinking about Tulsa, he needs to go.  LATER.

Give me Greg Marshall.......

If you're gonna dream, dream BIG, huh?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Hawg Red

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 17, 2014, 03:13:00 pm
Does he have any recruits that we would like? Slow birds miss the worms.

Not sure about recruits, but Johnathan Williams III was a Hog target and would be a good add season after this coming (especially if Portis bounces). Word is Dusty would walk on for a year if the staff found someone that needed the scholarship and JW3 would be worth the wait. Probably doesn't get released to an SEC school but he averaged over 6 rebounds a game as a freshmen this season.

mizzouman

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 17, 2014, 03:16:40 pm
Dayum,

I suggest you stay off of there.  Has nothing to do with Mike Anderson.

mizzouman

mizzouman

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 03:19:01 pm
Not sure about recruits, but Johnathan Williams III was a Hog target and would be a good add season after this coming (especially if Portis bounces). Word is Dusty would walk on for a year if the staff found someone that needed the scholarship and JW3 would be worth the wait. Probably doesn't get released to an SEC school but he averaged over 6 rebounds a game as a freshmen this season.
Not sure if anyone will transfer, but our big recruit is now wondering what's going on?  Could get interesting.

chiefhawg

I love the smell of Napalm, I mean the smell of coaches getting out of town ahead of the posse in the morning.

opineonswine

Quote from: mizzouman on April 17, 2014, 03:20:37 pm
May as well.  The cash will be there.

Though I think Missouri will never be relevant in anything other than journalism, it would be a better basketball job than Tennessee. 

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 01:45:24 pm
Mixed feelings on a potential departure. He's not that good of a coach and they've definitely been trending downward under him, but he's also 3-1 against the Hogs as Missouri coach.  ???

Pretty sure you meant 3-1.

Edit: D'oh.  Too late.

Razorback026

Dayum,

How do you read their board without going cross-eyed??

Smithian

If he goes then the Hogs should see if they can find room for Tim Fuller.

k.c.hawg

N72AX has arrived in Columbia from Tulsa and is departing for Tulsa set to arrive at 4:10......cannot see anyway Frank can come back to Columbia even to pack.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Smithian on April 17, 2014, 03:28:44 pm
If he goes then the Hogs should see if they can find room for Tim Fuller.

And get rid of who?
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

mizzouman

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 17, 2014, 03:31:09 pm
N72AX has arrived in Columbia from Tulsa and is departing for Tulsa set to arrive at 4:10......cannot see anyway Frank can come back to Columbia even to pack.
If I'm the AD and he's going to Tulsa to hear what they have to say, I'd fire him. 

Filthy_McSwine

Dayum,

Those choads blame everything on Anderson.  Three years after the fact.

So, is it "suitcase" Frank now?

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Filthy_McSwine on April 17, 2014, 03:34:28 pm
Those choads blame everything on Anderson.  Three years after the fact.

as opposed to we choads blaming everything on nutt/long/petrino?

thegrizz

Quote from: mizzouman on April 17, 2014, 03:33:11 pm
If I'm the AD and he's going to Tulsa to hear what they have to say, I'd fire him.

Frank who? No way he coaches another game at Mizzou even if this new deal were to fall apart. Im ready to move on and start thinking about replacements. I think I would let about anyone other than Mike Alden make the decision as well. Let Jon Sundvold hire the new coach!!

-Blu

Wow, what did I miss.... Good move on Haith's part to get out before he got fired.  Also, good for Mizzou, they still have enough of a reputation and incoming talent to salvage things before they get too bad, probably only be down a year or 2 with a really good hire.  Also, good for Arkansas, because they'll probably lose a few guys and be really weak next year, so hopefully that's 2 wins in SEC play for us :)

Filthy_McSwine