Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 03, 2024, 06:19:53 pm

D Rail

Started by Virgil, April 16, 2014, 02:09:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil

Quote from: OBHOG on April 16, 2014, 10:33:22 am
Much over rated player.  Saw him play at Olive Branch last year and not good when a defense is rolling after him.  A great 7 on 7 player!  No for a fact that the kid and his dad have major bad attitudes.  Believe me, we are not missing much not signing this kid!  Just my opinion though!

I've heard this stated many times!  I've heard more egolistic than a former QB that transferred to USC during the Nutt days. 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Virgil on April 16, 2014, 02:09:17 pm
I've heard this stated many times!  I've heard more egolistic than a former QB that transferred to USC during the Nutt days.
Wow!! Have seen him at ASU's practice, but did not know much about him. Was told Ohio State had offered him.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 16, 2014, 07:18:45 pm
I sure did.

Dude, you were sitting in the stands like you do for every practice, trying to get the water boy's attention to get some used athletic tape.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2014, 07:24:11 pm
Dude, you were sitting in the stands like you do for every practice, trying to get the water boy's attention to get some used athletic tape.
Oh I was asked to come-on-down, but had to decline. My involvement with ASU ended when Perkins left, nothing personal mind you just business.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 16, 2014, 07:30:45 pm
Oh I was asked to come-on-down, but had to decline. My involvement with ASU ended when Perkins left, nothing personal mind you just business.

Kind of like you're not an ASU fan, huh?

Something you wrote in 2010.

I'm an ASU fan and I got to see first hand what a genius at evaluating talent can do watching Larry Lacewell  and your coach showed when he was recruiting at Louisville he has that rare talent and is a very, very  good coach to boot.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Seems like a good player. In a normal year this maybe our guy. But Ty is a good as they come.

Porkatarian

Storey is the best high school QB I've seen since Mustain.  His arm strength rivals Brad Taylor and Ryan Mallett and he's a better athlete than both.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

ricepig

Quote from: Porkatarian on April 16, 2014, 08:14:18 pm
Storey is the best high school QB I've seen since Mustain.  His arm strength rivals Brad Taylor and Ryan Mallett and he's a better athlete than both.

Porkatarian out...

He's got an arm, I'd like to see him in a bigger classification, but we'll have to wait. The kid from Bentonville has a big arm, it will be interesting to see how hard they recruit him for 2016.

Seminole Indian

April 17, 2014, 06:23:05 am #9 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:52:45 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2014, 07:52:55 pm
Kind of like you're not an ASU fan, huh?

Something you wrote in 2010.

I'm an ASU fan and I got to see first hand what a genius at evaluating talent can do watching Larry Lacewell  and your coach showed when he was recruiting at Louisville he has that rare talent and is a very, very  good coach to boot.
I've probably said that about ASU, Memphis or Tennessee on occasion, but normally correct myself. Guess that one got pass me, but no problem the schools I get involved with make sure I'm not a 'fan' of another school, and 'technically'  have not been a 'fan' of any school since to early to mid 80's. They just expect us to be unbiased.

I will always be considered a 'booster' of ASU, even though I'm not a fan.

The line between "fan" and "booster" is blurry to me , and a booster can get their team or teams in trouble if they aren't careful. Being a 'fan' just implies your are biased toward a particular team.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 17, 2014, 06:23:05 am
I've probably said that about ASU, Memphis or Tennessee on occasion, but normally correct myself. Guess that one got pass me, but no problem the schools I get involved with make sure I'm not a 'fan' of another school, and 'technically'  have not been a 'fan' of any school since to early to mid 80's. They just expect us to be unbiased.

The line between "fan" and "booster" is blurry to me , and a booster can get their team or teams in trouble if they aren't careful. Being a 'fan' just implies your are biased toward a particular team.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on Hogville.  If you're saying you are giving money to ASU, but you're not a fan, then that's perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Top 3 for sure. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Seminole Indian

April 17, 2014, 08:31:44 am #11 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:54:19 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 17, 2014, 08:02:09 am
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on Hogville.  If you're saying you are giving money to ASU, but you're not a fan, then that's perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Top 3 for sure.
In my case I bought season tickets many, many years ago, and had to give a certain amount to the Indian Club to get the seats I wanted, and as a result became a 'booster' for life.

No statue of limitations on being a booster with the NCAA, and the rules for what  booster can or cannot do are more restrictive that for a fan, although it is getting  blurry, and the NCAA may end up clamping down on fans.

I imagine most Hawg fans posting here are also boosters.

I have known some Hawg 'fans' that were not considered boosters of the UofA ,but were  of ASU.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 17, 2014, 08:31:44 am
In my case I bought season tickets many, many years ago, and had to give a certain amount to the Indian Club to get the seats I wanted, and as a result became a 'booster' for life.

No statue of limitations on being a booster with the NCAA, and the rules for what  booster can or cannot do are more restrictive that for a fan, although it is getting  blurry, and the NCAA may end up clamping down on fans.

I imagine most Hawg fans posting here are also boosters.

I have known some Hawg 'fans' that were not considered boosters of the UofA ,but were  of ASU.

After reading this post, I'm apparently going to need to free up some room in my top three.   ::)

How did you get past the hardship of forking over that extra $13.50 a year to get the seats you want?   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Flatline

Quote from: Virgil on April 16, 2014, 02:09:17 pm

Clueless

Seminole Indian

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 17, 2014, 09:08:03 am
After reading this post, I'm apparently going to need to free up some room in my top three.   ::)

How did you get past the hardship of forking over that extra $13.50 a year to get the seats you want?
Actually I think I forked over $150, and I don't remember how much the tickets were.

The bottom line it made me a booster for life, but I am no longer a 'fan' of any school.

JayBell

Talk about a thread derailment.

(Insert required insult to Seminole Indian here).

Seminole Indian

Quote from: JayBell on April 17, 2014, 09:17:56 am
Talk about a thread derailment.

(Insert required insult to Seminole Indian here).
My post here was appropriate and about the player. I did not derail the thread.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 17, 2014, 09:15:13 am
Actually I think I forked over $150, and I don't remember how much the tickets were.

The bottom line it made me a booster for life, but I am no longer a 'fan' of any school.

I bet you have all sorts of eyes on you for that $150.00.  I'd be careful that you're not labeled a "bag man."   ;D

Seminole Indian

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 17, 2014, 09:23:01 am
I bet you have all sorts of eyes on you for that $150.00.  I'd be careful that you're not labeled a "bag man."   ;D
That $150 caused me to have to really watch my steps in the 80's. Lacewell knew how to keep us between the ditches, even when he jumped ship to Tennessee.

JayBell

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 17, 2014, 09:20:03 amMy post here was appropriate and about the player. I did not derail the thread.

I never said you did.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 17, 2014, 06:23:05 am

You know, I and I assume others would have a little more respect for you if you just admitted you're a fan and quit all this other b.s. You always just happen to be by the stadium, and fill us in with some little juicy tidbit you picked up off a Wolf board. I'm guessing you were jogging last night and saw there was a scrimmage going on and stopped when Larry said, "come help me coach"?

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2014, 11:46:55 am
I'm guessing you were jogging last night and saw there was a scrimmage going on and stopped when Larry said, "come help me coach"?

It's believable.  Larry's tanked half the time, ain't he.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 19, 2014, 11:45:50 pm
It's believable.  Larry's tanked half the time, ain't he.

Only when he's awake.