Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Five 2016 Arkansas players on initial Top 247 list

Started by redeye, April 16, 2014, 08:33:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

April 16, 2014, 08:33:24 pm Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:24:54 am by redeye
Since no one has posted this yet:

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Star-Citys-Austin-Capps-heads-five-from-state-in-Top-247-in-16-28178124

It's a free article from 247, so I assume that's okay?

PygmalionEffect

That list will change several times over the next year and a half but I don't remember Arkansas ever having five in-state players ranked that high nationally.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

redeye

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on April 16, 2014, 08:44:53 pm
That list will change several times over the next year and a half but I don't remember Arkansas ever having five in-state players ranked that high nationally.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Capps is a 5-star on their composite rating and the others aren't far behind.

But like you said, it'll change a lot.  I noticed the 2016 RB we offered today is ranked 188th and a low 4-star, but he's also the #1 RB.  Not sure that I've ever seen the #1 RB rated that low before.

The Recruiting Guy

OPoraquê

Surprised that Bentonville's Kasey Ford isn't on this list.  Seriously.

(Hat tip while eating crow to: Ricepig.)

secneahog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 16, 2014, 11:49:30 pm
At the very minimum, McTelvin Agim is a top 50 guy.

The 4.8 40 he recently ran concern you?  Thnks Richard.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: OPoraquê on April 17, 2014, 12:53:35 pm

Still early, let him show out at some camps this summer and he will. He has a big time arm and should improve his standings this year.

pillowhog

Quote from: secneahog on April 17, 2014, 12:55:00 pm
Why would a 4.8 be concerning at all on a kid who is 6-3 245 and a sophmore?  One of the crazies things ive read in a while

pillowhog

You do realize that guys that size in the NFL usually run around a 4.8

pillowhog

Yea WTH is up with that.  That kid will be a 5 star before its all said and done.  Saw him play couple of times last year.  Probably the best Pro Style QB ive ever seen for a sophmore

secneahog

Quote from: pillowhog on April 17, 2014, 01:01:04 pm
Why would a 4.8 be concerning at all on a kid who is 6-3 245 and a sophmore?  One of the crazies things ive read in a while

I was referring to RD statement about him being a graded out lower then what he thinks.
The kids a stud I know that. Richard thinks he is top 50 player but he was graded out at lil over 100. I was asking if his slower 40 time might have dropped him.

Go drink a beer and chill out.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

trashcan maN

pillowhog

Quote from: secneahog on April 17, 2014, 01:14:10 pm
I was referring to RD statement about him being a graded out lower then what he thinks.
The kids a stud I know that. Richard thinks he is top 50 player but he was graded out at lil over 100. I was asking if his slower 40 time might have dropped him.

Go drink a beer and chill out.
How is 4.8 for a kid 16 years old 6-3 245 a slow time?  And I can't start drinkin till I get off work

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: secneahog on April 17, 2014, 12:55:00 pm

Zero concern. He's run a 4.68 at school.

At the Nike Camp it was cloudy and the temps were in the mid 50's. Regardless a 4.8 is very good at any age for a 250 pound DE.

Huds_HawgTide

love this post...the linebacker ready to commit makes me hopeful and giddy
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

secneahog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 17, 2014, 01:23:22 pm
Zero concern. He's run a 4.68 at school.

At the Nike Camp it was cloudy and the temps were in the mid 50's. Regardless a 4.8 is very good at any age for a 250 pound DE.

Ok thanks. Yes 4 anything is good for any de. I hope we get this kid. His film is very exciting.

I was trying to make a point to why they ranked him low. I guess in their eyes a 4.6 is a big difference than a 4.8.

Cold...windy..laser timed...crappy conditions. He's 16 very impressive.

Btw I'm far more into a players film than combine numbers.

secneahog

Quote from: pillowhog on April 17, 2014, 01:19:05 pm
How is 4.8 for a kid 16 years old 6-3 245 a slow time?  And I can't start drinkin till I get off work

I never said it was slow. Your trying to make a case for your quick outburst.

I was trying to make a point to why they dropped him in rankings. Which I don't care what those people think. I trust Davenport & Arkansas coaching staff.

secneahog

Huds_HawgTide

haha...i love the karma ratings...i only know im doing good when i get smited
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

pillowhog

The Recruiting Guy

He will in the future. Not a lot of people know much about him. That will change during the spring evaluation period.

secneahog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 17, 2014, 03:04:48 pm
He will in the future. Not a lot of people know much about him. That will change during the spring evaluation period.

Big kid with a big arm.

RazorPiggie

RazorPiggie

So whats everyone's thoughts on Capps & Agim on where they end up?

secneahog

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on April 17, 2014, 03:13:23 pm
So whats everyone's thoughts on Capps & Agim on where they end up?

I like to think Capps will be a Hog. Agim no clue.

trashcan maN

BigSexyHog

Pillowhog way to be the biggest dbag on the website.   Why are you trying to start something?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

secneahog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 17, 2014, 03:45:43 pm
Pillowhog way to be the biggest dbag on the website.   Why are you trying to start something?

Ha. +1

pillowhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 17, 2014, 03:45:43 pm
a guy comes on here talking about how a 16 year old kid that is 6-3 and 245 runs a slow 4.8 forty.  I had to clue him in

secneahog

Quote from: pillowhog on April 17, 2014, 10:13:20 pm
a guy comes on here talking about how a 16 year old kid that is 6-3 and 245 runs a slow 4.8 forty.  I had to clue him in

You must be 12. I asked Richard if he was concerned he ran a 4.8 recently, that could be a reason why he dropped in ranking.

Your the one who freaked out over why I said and twisted what I said.

He called you a dbag because he read your replies to my posts. Pretty simple pillow boy.

sickboy

Quote from: pillowhog on April 17, 2014, 10:13:20 pm

I have a feeling clueing in is just in your blood.

hogville38

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 16, 2014, 11:49:30 pm
At the very minimum, McTelvin Agim is a top 50 guy.
You are very high on this kid. Is he that good?

Peter Porker

Quote from: pillowhog on April 17, 2014, 01:01:04 pm

No. No. All high school football players run a 4.4. Unless, they're a RB, WR, or DB. Then they run a 4.3 or even 4.2. All of them.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

secneahog

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on April 18, 2014, 06:26:07 am
No. No. All high school football players run a 4.4. Unless, they're a RB, WR, or DB. Then they run a 4.3 or even 4.2. All of them.

Do you ever make legit statements? 

Because every time I read your posts they are a joke.

Peter Porker

Quote from: secneahog on April 18, 2014, 12:27:59 pm

Do you ever make legit statements? 

Because every time I read your posts they are a joke.

Feel free to check my post history to answer your question.  It's all opinion anyway.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ifghog

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on April 18, 2014, 06:26:07 am
Haha!! +1