Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Three more A&M players arrested, another transfers.

Started by ZERO, April 16, 2014, 05:51:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZERO

One for assault, the other two for failure to appear on traffic charges.

I know two of the three are defensive players, possibly all three. Oh, and Matt Joeckel, their 5th year senior QB is transferring, leaving their true freshman as the starting QB. They're having an offseason like we had in 2012. The A&M game is looking better and better, huh?

I don't think the two arrested for the traffic charges are going to be kicked from the team - which is a shame because one is a 4* Safety, but the guy arrested for assault is probably gone.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

TNhawgfan

Wonder why Johnny football couldn't wait to leave?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

micali

Couldn't happen to a better team. Well maybe if it was Auburn it would be sweeter.

Hogpkins

Quote from: ZERO on April 16, 2014, 05:51:09 pm
One for assault, the other two for failure to appear on traffic charges.

I know two of the three are defensive players, possibly all three. Oh, and Matt Joeckel, their 5th year senior QB is transferring, leaving their true freshman as the starting QB. They're having an offseason like we had in 2012. The A&M game is looking better and better, huh?

I don't think the two arrested for the traffic charges are going to be kicked from the team - which is a shame because one is a 4* Safety, but the guy arrested for assault is probably gone.

I don't mean to open old wounds, but can anyone recap what all we lost in 2012 offseason? I was around during that time but can't remember much about the attrition. Was that the season we lost the really quick receiver who was arrested for dorm room burglaries?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TNhawgfan on April 16, 2014, 06:10:20 pm
Wonder why Johnny football couldn't wait to leave?

He liked to party in Austin instead.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

870hogfan

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on April 16, 2014, 06:59:14 pm
I don't mean to open old wounds, but can anyone recap what all we lost in 2012 offseason? I was around during that time but can't remember much about the attrition. Was that the season we lost the really quick receiver who was arrested for dorm room burglaries?

The Marquel Wade situation?

Hawgzinbowlz

Hogpkins

Quote from: 870hogfan on April 16, 2014, 07:28:03 pm

The Marquel Wade situation?

Yea Wade is who I was thinking of. Was that 2012? I remember that as a catastrophe of a year but can't remember who all left or was booted.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 16, 2014, 07:26:36 pm

He liked to party in Austin instead.

Johnny football was pretty busy signing autographs last season & making appearances at bars & nightclubs.....college football just got in the way of his business ventures.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Dumb ole famrboy

I don't view a 5th year senior QB transferring as a good sign. It just tells me he saw the writing on the wall and wasn't going to get any significant game time play.

ZERO

Texas A&M may, honestly, be even thinner at QB than we are. So a fifth year senior transferring is actually a really bad thing for them. A fifth year senior will usually provide some quality depth. How badly did we miss Brandon Mitchell after Allen went down, even though he wasn't exactly a stellar QB? He was our best option, and we had to go with our original third choice because he transferred. We lost a game we desperately needed to win because of that.

I'm looking at their roster right now, and it looks like they have four QBs on roster after Joeckel leaves. They have Sophomore Kenny Hill who is likely to start, a QB rated 4* by all three services. And then they have incoming freshman Kyle Allen, who was rated 5* by every service. But he's still a true freshman in the SEC. Then they have senior Conner McQueen and freshman Jordan Traylor, who appear to be walkons, because I can't even find their names in the database of either 247, Rivals, or Scout. So really, they have two QBs who may turn out to be pretty good, but they have no experience, since Hill has been sitting behind Manziel. If Hill goes down, they are left with virtually no options, because how good is a true freshman honestly going to be?

Matt Joeckel may not be a world beater, but he was unfortunate to have been recruited in the same time as Tannehill and Manziel. He's a fifth year senior whose departure is going to leave them frighteningly thin. They're a pass-heavy offense that just lost their best receiver, and their QBs are going to either be dreadful or inexperienced. We're also catching them relatively early in the season (the fifth game) at a neutral ground, so we really stand an amazing chance of catching their offense at a dismal and low-producing time.

And let's not even get started on their defense. It was almost as bad as ours before the offseason, and they've lost two or three players now due to being kicked off the team.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

ZERO

I'm one of those people saying we're going to beat Nicholls State, UAB, and every other game is a possible loss. I'm not daring to get my hopes up, but along with NIU, aTm is looking dangerously thin and entirely beatable. Provided we can avoid any offseason tragedies, I'm beginning to think this game could be a W for us. It just makes too much sense. They were good in 2012. They were still good last year, but they regressed just like everyone except Aggie fans thought they would. Now they're a 9-4 team that has no choice but to get even worse because they're hemorrhaging from both sides of the ball, whereas we should be improved in every single area (even if only slightly), and we only lost by 12 points last year. We were in pretty much their exact same situation recently, and we all know how that turned out. A&M is going to be pretty bad in a few months, and I don't see any way around it.

ZERO

And now there's another topic in MMQB saying Texas Tech is down to one QB, another prolific passing offense.

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman
17th April 2014 from TwitLonger

From A&M spokesman Alan Cannon, starting Aggies defensive end Gavin Stansbury was initially suspended from all athletic activities following his arrest on April 11, stemming from assault charges in Harris County. He's since been reinstated to the football team, however. Howard Matthews and Ed Pope were not suspended for their arrests for failure to appear in court.

More from Alan Cannon: Meanwhile previously suspended Kenny Hill, Darian Claiborne and Isaiah Golden have been reinstated to the football team, but still must face "disciplinary obligations" following their arrests.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

JackJohnson

Quote from: jbcarol on April 19, 2014, 10:36:32 pm
Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman
17th April 2014 from TwitLonger

From A&M spokesman Alan Cannon, starting Aggies defensive end Gavin Stansbury was initially suspended from all athletic activities following his arrest on April 11, stemming from assault charges in Harris County. He's since been reinstated to the football team, however. Howard Matthews and Ed Pope were not suspended for their arrests for failure to appear in court.

More from Alan Cannon: Meanwhile previously suspended Kenny Hill, Darian Claiborne and Isaiah Golden have been reinstated to the football team, but still must face "disciplinary obligations" following their arrests.

Sumlin is sending a strong message to future recruits- come here and do what you want when you want without fear of losing your scholarship.

Now he just needs to keep these local Barney Fife's in line and have them focusing more on the general population rather than the football players