Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your down 3 with (3) seconds left who do you trust?

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 16, 2014, 06:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

All listed player's are in their prime (25-28 yrs of age)

Reggie Miller
27 (20%)
Robert Horry
15 (11.1%)
Tim Hardaway
0 (0%)
Dirk Knowitzki
8 (5.9%)
Steve Kerr
5 (3.7%)
Dale Ellis
0 (0%)
Ray Allen
6 (4.4%)
Jason Terry
0 (0%)
Larry Bird
53 (39.3%)
Kobe Bryant
21 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

The_Bionic_Pig

Due to the outstanding choices you can change your vote if needed.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PonderinHog

I went with Big Game Bob in the championship series.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2014, 07:07:10 am
I went with Big Game Bob in the championship series.

I'm not sure I ever saw him miss a big shot.

PonderinHog

revolution

Love me some Reggie!  Great memories as a Knicks-killer!

choppedporkextrasauce

The_Iceman

I'm assuming we aren't putting Jordan up there because its a no brainer?

Cotton

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 16, 2014, 09:10:38 am
Yeah easily my vote.

I hate Kobe, but during his prime I'd give him the ball.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

EastexHawg

I picked Bird for obvious reasons.  Jordan and Kobe would be #2 and #3 on my list.  I've always disliked Kobe, but he is without question one of the all-time greats and both he and I would want him to take that shot.

Jordan needs no explanation.

HawgAdvocate

Down 3 with barely enough time for one shot? No question in my mind.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

razorson

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 16, 2014, 09:10:38 am
Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 16, 2014, 02:52:52 pm
Exactamundo

Jordan as the marquee 'go to guy' for a three in a near catch & shoot, game winning situation? That's not ever been his game. Mike hit a lot of game winners from around 18 feet and in, and even made it to the line for a lot of game winning FTs....but game winning treys with no time left to really put it on the floor and create seperation?

That isn't MJ. He's a high % shot taker/maker.

Here's a list of all his game winners...

http://www.nba.com/jordan/game_winners.html
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hvsupastar

MJ for three for the win? No thanks, he wouldn't be in my top 25. Grew to be a subpar 3pt shooter at best. Taking 3 point shooting and clutch gene both in to consideration I'd go Kobe, Larry, Reggie in that order. I always want the ball in my best players hands
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

gmarv

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

PoormansRobbyHampton

I rolled with Kobe Bean.

Great player, proven in the clutch in his career. Easy choice for me.

yraciv

http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/2/29/2832299/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-dwyane-wade-clutch-nba-playoffs-4th-quarter

Here is something for all you Kobe supporters to mull over. He certainly has hit his share of clutch shots, but when you take 300 more than everyone else it's kind of obvious who will make the most.  Also, Kobe is a 33% career 3 point shooter, 28% in the clutch.  I don't need a guy to get me a 2 and cut it to 1 in this situation, I want a perimeter shooter! Give me all of those guys except Hardaway over Kobe in this situation.

yraciv

20gauge

Loved watching Jordan while he was clutch I remember Paxson, Kerr and Hodges knocking down most of the big treys.

Dr. Starcs

alwaysondbigscreen

oscar robertson?
i dont think he ever played with a 3 point line
but he sure knew how to score
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

tennesseehogwild

Great list but since MJ aint on it....Give me Reggie Miller! Big play Bob a close 2nd.

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hvsupastar

Quote from: yraciv on April 16, 2014, 03:59:25 pm
http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/2/29/2832299/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-dwyane-wade-clutch-nba-playoffs-4th-quarter

Here is something for all you Kobe supporters to mull over. He certainly has hit his share of clutch shots, but when you take 300 more than everyone else it's kind of obvious who will make the most.  Also, Kobe is a 33% career 3 point shooter, 28% in the clutch.  I don't need a guy to get me a 2 and cut it to 1 in this situation, I want a perimeter shooter! Give me all of those guys except Hardaway over Kobe in this situation.

That's part of his greatness. MJ, Reggie, and a few others along with Kobe want that last shot and would refuse to pass so someone with an equal or less chance to make it.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

yraciv

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 16, 2014, 06:26:53 pm
That's part of his greatness. MJ, Reggie, and a few others along with Kobe want that last shot and would refuse to pass so someone with an equal or less chance to make it.

Sure they want it, but if everyone in the world knows you are getting it you are going to get a lower percentage shot. Kobe's numbers back that up, showing he is one of the least effective clutch shooters of someone who consistently got the last shot.

And we're talking 3s. If I want someone on an isolation to hit a pullup 2 or fadeaway, I'd reconsider Kobe, but not down 3 with 3 seconds left.

hvsupastar

Quote from: yraciv on April 16, 2014, 06:42:26 pm
And we're talking 3s. If I want someone on an isolation to hit a pullup 2 or fadeaway, I'd reconsider Kobe, but not down 3 with 3 seconds left.

You mean the player with the NBA record for most threes in a game?  Might ought to reconsider anyways

BrooklynRoss

I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Red Tusk

If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

Gettin Hogwild

chiefhawg

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 16, 2014, 10:49:21 pm
You mean the player with the NBA record for most threes in a game?  Might ought to reconsider anyways

A record shared with Donyell Marshall...neither guy will ever be mentioned among either the greatest and/or most clutch, long distance shooters in NBA history.

sasnakrafan

+ one for the hocker, bc that's the first thing that came into my head.

lumphog

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 16, 2014, 03:29:46 pm
MJ for three for the win? No thanks, he wouldn't be in my top 25. Grew to be a subpar 3pt shooter at best. Taking 3 point shooting and clutch gene both in to consideration I'd go Kobe, Larry, Reggie in that order. I always want the ball in my best players hands
I would have picked Matt Jones too  ;)

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

The_Bionic_Pig

I recall a player named Vinnie "The Microwave" ??? played for the Pistons I believe.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Fayettechill14

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Bird would be the choice even if you were down and the OTHER team had the ball.  He could still find a way.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07