Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JOVAN PRUITT

Started by DallasHogFan, April 15, 2014, 11:21:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DallasHogFan

Any news on if this guy is going to make it to campus? He had a heck of an offer list.

Just remember some rumors that he might not have the grades.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

OnTheHillHogFan

He took the ACT recently so probably the first of May would be the earliest we would find out.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

HawgnCorona

Quote from: DallasHogFan on April 15, 2014, 11:21:39 pm
Any news on if this guy is going to make it to campus? He had a heck of an offer list.

Just remember some rumors that he might not have the grades.

Keep your fingers crossed. :razorback: :razorback:
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Wildhog

Hope he doesn't get flagged if he passes.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorhawg09

Coaches aren't expecting him.

tophawg19

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on April 16, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
Coaches aren't expecting him.
according to who ? which coach told you this ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 16, 2014, 01:40:56 pm
I doubt any did, but I can guarantee you they are going on as if he doesn't qualify.

Wildhog

If a kid isn't qualified by this time, you can't expect it.

Sure would be nice if he did, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

kingofdequeen

didn't lawrence richardson late qualify?

i'm sure that was on the up and up. 

ricepig

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 16, 2014, 02:59:26 pm

Everything is on the up and up. Now, if he was going to Moo St and needed 18 hours this summer, I'd say book it, he's in.

kingofdequeen

dude wears horned rim glasses.  how the hell doesn't he have a qualifying score?

JackJohnson

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 16, 2014, 02:59:26 pm

no- he was a prop 48 back when we could still do that.  He sat out his first year and was eligible as a So which happened to be the same year Batman came in as a frosh- both were 5*'s back on the old rating system which pre-dated what is currently done today in which their history started in 2002 (Richardson was 2000, Batman 2001)

Wildhog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 16, 2014, 03:02:50 pm
dude wears horned rim glasses.  how the hell doesn't he have a qualifying score?

I thought the same thing.  Seems dishonest.
1909/1964/1965/1977

kingofdequeen

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 16, 2014, 03:02:50 pm
no- he was a prop 48 back when we could still do that.  He sat out his first year and was eligible as a So which happened to be the same year Batman came in as a frosh- both were 5*'s back on the old rating system which pre-dated what is currently done today in which their history started in 2002 (Richardson was 2000, Batman 2001)

danke.

always felt batman got a bad rap for "getting burned", all the while forgetting why they weren't throwing to the other side.

JackJohnson

dude were's horned rim glasses.  how the hell doesn't he have a qualifying score?

threw me off too.  took one look at his pic and thought to myself we got us another smart big and talented OT

He still has 2 chances to bring his ACT score up (the one this month and another in June)- as well as this semester in the classroom to bring his grades up so keeping my fingers crossed

kingofdequeen

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 16, 2014, 03:04:25 pm
threw me off too.  took one look at his pic and thought to myself we got us another smart big and talented OT

He still has 2 chances to bring his ACT score up (the one this month and another in June)- as well as this semester in the classroom to bring his grades up so keeping my fingers crossed

the june one used to be the 2nd easiest behind the october test.  or so legend has it.

ifghog

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 16, 2014, 03:04:25 pm

Doesn't mean he isn't smart. Some kids just don't do standardized testing well....

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 16, 2014, 03:05:10 pm
the june one used to be the 2nd easiest behind the october test.  or so legend has it.
It use to be the easiest because that was when the athletes would take it but they changed that now.

Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

zane

This
RIP LSUfan

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 16, 2014, 02:41:56 pm
If a kid isn't qualified by this time, you can't expect it.

Sure would be nice if he did, though.

I believe they are waiting on the results of his last ACT. Maybe they aren't counting on him because the best scenario is to plan for otherwise?
Go Hogs Go!

trashcan maN

Quote from: ifghog on April 16, 2014, 05:01:42 pm
Some kids just don't do standardized testing well....
Just never have bought into this cliche. It's multiple choice - either you know how to arrive at the answer, you don't know how or you have poor reading comprehension. Bad test taker is just an epithet for marginal student.

jjdlc

Quote from: kj0N on April 16, 2014, 06:01:19 pm
Just never have bought into this cliche. It's multiple choice - either you know how to arrive at the answer, you don't know how or you have poor reading comprehension. Bad test taker is just an epithet for marginal student.

Lot of factors involved.  I've known student who were straight A students, who worked their tails off, but struggled with those tests.  I've also know students who typically were no better than a B student who scored very high on standardized tests.  Knew one girl who was barely making the honor role who made a 32 on her ACT. 

A lot of it has to do with the pressure of taking a test that has such an impact on your life, and some of it has to do with the way the tests are administered.  4-5 hours straight of nothing but testing will wear on anyone.  I know I always felt like I had been through the ringer when I got done with the ACT.

Athog

bxw21

Quote from: kj0N on April 16, 2014, 06:01:19 pm
could not disagree more

Tim Harris

Hopefully he makes it but hasn't looked promising and the fact that he also signed with a JC makes me think he had quite a ways to go.  Melvinson wasn't expected last year and he was able to get in at the last minute so Pruitt might be able to. That being said I don't expect him here in the fall.

Oklahawg

We have focused on the ACT but there is a chance that he has credits on the transcript that are bothersome (he is at a private school, after all). That ups the necessary ACT score.

If recruiting would have finished in fairy tale land we would have released Pruitt from scholarship and not accepted his LOI. That was the story in mid-January anyway. We all knew that was unlikely but it appears we at least had reason to consider it as a possibility.

UA is placing him in the JUCO which is a good sign.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Oklahawg on April 16, 2014, 11:00:24 pm
We have focused on the ACT but there is a chance that he has credits on the transcript that are bothersome (he is at a private school, after all). That ups the necessary ACT score.

If recruiting would have finished in fairy tale land we would have released Pruitt from scholarship and not accepted his LOI. That was the story in mid-January anyway. We all knew that was unlikely but it appears we at least had reason to consider it as a possibility.

UA is placing him in the JUCO which is a good sign.

Do you know if they will want him to red shirt his first yr of JUCO, Okla?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 16, 2014, 11:16:31 pm
Do you know if they will want him to red shirt his first yr of JUCO, Okla?
I would assume they would want him to redshirt if he does go to a JUCO

BigSexyHog

I am one of those who don't test well.  Its a mental thing.  Pressure, stress, etc. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

trashcan maN

Quote from: jjdlc on April 16, 2014, 06:39:14 pm
Lot of factors involved.  I've known student who were straight A students, who worked their tails off, but struggled with those tests.  I've also know students who typically were no better than a B student who scored very high on standardized tests.  Knew one girl who was barely making the honor role who made a 32 on her ACT. 

A lot of it has to do with the pressure of taking a test that has such an impact on your life, and some of it has to do with the way the tests are administered.  4-5 hours straight of nothing but testing will wear on anyone.  I know I always felt like I had been through the ringer when I got done with the ACT.
I stand corrected. I was mainly a B-C student in HS who made a 29 on ACT. I paid attention in class but didn't care enough to bring a book home and almost never did homework(I made a D in Ag)

It just seemed to me that if your reading comprehension was average that you could read the question and the four possible answers and arrive at a solution if you were proficient in the material. I guess I didn't factor in nerves..

trashcan maN

Quote from: MiHogsMi on April 17, 2014, 07:32:10 am
Great. Now you're a special needs child psychologist to go along with the rest of your prowess.

"Bad test taker is just an epithet for marginal student". PEROID.  End of subject. You have spoken.

:puke:   :puke:   :puke:
I know you were super excited to really own me on the interwebz, but if you could've refrained for 15 seconds(I'm assuming you're an exceptional reader) you would see that I admitted to being wrong a few posts down.

Also, you don't have to be a psychologist to have an opinion on something related to psychology, just as you don't have to be a coach to have an opinion on a football team. You don't have to be a nutritionist to have an opinion on which diets are healthy and which aren't.

When your reading comprehension develops a little more, you'll be able to see that I was giving my opinion. Although I didn't say 'in my opinion', I thought it would be pretty clear. Sorry it flew over your head.

DallasHogFan

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jjdlc on April 16, 2014, 06:39:14 pm

This... Some kids get so nervous they think every question is a trick question and take too long to finish in the allotted time...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Porkatarian

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 16, 2014, 01:40:56 pm

Perhaps he saw the coaches' incoming recruiting board without Pruitt's name listed.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

trashcan maN

Quote from: Porkatarian on April 17, 2014, 08:46:36 am
Perhaps he saw the coaches' incoming recruiting board without Pruitt's name listed.

Porkatarian out...
Worst case scenario we miss out on his services for one year. He would almost definitely redshirt this year with the depth we have. Depending on how he came along, it's possible that he could crack the depth chart next year but not a sure thing.

Probably not the worst thing to send him to JUCO for 2 years, where the classes are a bit easier, to ease him into carrying a college courseload.

secneahog

Quote from: kj0N on April 17, 2014, 08:49:48 am
Worst case scenario we miss out on his services for one year. He would almost definitely redshirt this year with the depth we have. Depending on how he came along, it's possible that he could crack the depth chart next year but not a sure thing.

Probably not the worst thing to send him to JUCO for 2 years, where the classes are a bit easier, to ease him into carrying a college courseload.

I hope it all works out for Pruitt.  He would look great on our roster. If Melvinson can make it late, then Pruitt has a chance. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 17, 2014, 12:26:40 am
I am one of those who don't test well.  Its a mental thing.  Pressure, stress, etc. 

uh huh...
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 16, 2014, 05:58:58 pm
I believe they are waiting on the results of his last ACT. Maybe they aren't counting on him because the best scenario is to plan for otherwise?

which is basically what I said.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggish1

Quote from: ifghog on April 16, 2014, 05:01:42 pm
Doesn't mean he isn't smart. Some kids just don't do standardized testing well....
Best indicator of a kid's ability to do college work is his GPA.  Been proven many times.  Standardized scores are a way for testing agencies to make money and nothing more...

Huds_HawgTide

is melvinson still on team? didnt he leave?
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

trashcan maN

secneahog

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on April 17, 2014, 01:58:33 pm
is melvinson still on team? didnt he leave?

Believe he went back to Texas because his significant other was having a baby.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Huds_HawgTide

ahhh...women ruin young males potential sometimes
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

make us weak in the knees as well
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

but we gots to love em...they are too beautiful not to
tommy boy

kingofdequeen

or he's going back to support his child he made, ya freakin weirdo.

secneahog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on April 17, 2014, 02:35:58 pm
or he's going back to support his child he made, ya freakin weirdo.

Yeah. Props to see him step up. Best of luck to him.

Any news on Tretola?

Huds_HawgTide

thats the obvious...im not a weirdo...but knowing you have a great future with an education and possible football career on the line you play things safe...safe as in birth control/condoms...but when your head over heels in love with a beautiful woman and caught up in the moment you dont give a damn bout such things thus causing things like babies to happen...one day we as a society will realize how girls get pregnant but it will still happen all the same cause we have no will power to tell them no! we are weak
tommy boy

Wildhog

I'm absolutely a weirdo
1909/1964/1965/1977