Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 02:19:25 am

Austin

Started by lefty08, April 15, 2014, 07:53:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

How people here feel about Brandon Allen has been well documented. I, for one, feel like last years struggles had more to do with his injury than his ability, but that's not what concerns me. What concerns me is little brothers inability, it seems, to separate himself from an incoming freshman. We really needed him to step up big for us this year. Im hoping he does and I might be jumping the gun on this, but I haven't seen anyone mention this. You would think after having an entire year with no pressure just to watch and learn, that he would have no problem winning the back up job. The fact he hasn't yet worries me. thoughts?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Piggfoot

I didn't know Peavy had won the 2nd spot yet. How much separation should there be?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

lefty08

I really think there should be some separation. Coaches saying they are neck and neck doesn't bode well for us if BA doesn't improve. Just my opinion
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

wachhog

Quote from: lefty08 on April 15, 2014, 07:53:20 pm
How people here feel about Brandon Allen has been well documented. I, for one, feel like last years struggles had more to do with his injury than his ability, but that's not what concerns me. What concerns me is little brothers inability, it seems, to separate himself from an incoming freshman. We really needed him to step up big for us this year. Im hoping he does and I might be jumping the gun on this, but I haven't seen anyone mention this. You would think after having an entire year with no pressure just to watch and learn, that he would have no problem winning the back up job. The fact he hasn't yet worries me. thoughts?
Yes, plenty of thoughts.  What concerns me are supposedly grown men attacking KIDS who have done nothing more than the best they can do to serve their home state's university and the school for whom their father has given much of his career.  I watch you arm chair coaches go on and on about what you would do, what plays you would call, whether the tEAM is BALANCED or not and you are all overgrown jokes, pretending to be the athletes you never were, the successful coaches you will NEVER BE, and judging from your grammar, the students you never were either.
Those who criticize the Allen boys are stupid, idiotic fools who probably live in trailer parks that could pass for a scene out of Deliverence.

Jek Tono Porkins

So you're concerned that we have competition at the backup quarterback position which can only make both quarterbacks better? You'd rather have no competition so that both quarterbacks can maintain the status quo and not have to worry about their spot on the depth chart? I'm really not sure that I follow your line of thinking, probably because it doesn't make any sense.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

bphi11ips

Maybe we have two very good young QBs. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ReddieHawg on April 15, 2014, 08:23:00 pm
I'm really not sure that I follow your line of thinking, probably because it doesn't make any sense.

Me either.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Athog

Quote from: qdoc on April 15, 2014, 08:03:43 pm
I didn't know Peavy had won the 2nd spot yet. How much separation should there be?

This^!

Mike_e

Seems as though some here have spent their lives being managed instead of the other way around.

You don't give one guy an edge until you need him to be the one, not the second one.  You keep the pressure on the other guys and wherever doesn't kill them makes them better/stronger and more able to step up.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

lefty08

Quote from: wachhog on April 15, 2014, 08:20:04 pm
Yes, plenty of thoughts.  What concerns me are supposedly grown men attacking KIDS who have done nothing more than the best they can do to serve their home state's university and the school for whom their father has given much of his career.  I watch you arm chair coaches go on and on about what you would do, what plays you would call, whether the tEAM is BALANCED or not and you are all overgrown jokes, pretending to be the athletes you never were, the successful coaches you will NEVER BE, and judging from your grammar, the students you never were either.
Those who criticize the Allen boys are stupid, idiotic fools who probably live in trailer parks that could pass for a scene out of Deliverence.

I wasn't speaking bad about anyone, just an observation. didn't mean to upset you mr. Allen. Im actually a huge supporter of your eldest son and have defended him many times on this board.

lefty08

The whole reason for my post was to see if I was the only one who felt this way, not to be attacked. Some of you guys are wound way too tight. I don't get the anger shown towards me for this post. Im not saying Austin should be an all American by now, just that he should be ahead of a freshman. And to say the competition makes us better, that's true. problem is the only competition at the QB position is at back up

Wayne Watson

Quote from: lefty08 on April 15, 2014, 08:55:37 pm
Im not saying Austin should be an all American by now, just that he should be ahead of a freshman.

And you think this why?
We don't rent pigs

lefty08

just the fact he is familiar with the offense, and has had many more reps. Hes also familiar with many of the WRs and tight ends on campus. It could be that Peavy is just really that good. Who knows

lefty08

Atleast I have learned something from this post. Drag Brandon through the mud all you want to, but don't u dare question the back up. lesson learned

ADavisTheGOAT

This thread is going to get locked soon, I'm calling it.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Lefty, I understood your post. We went through the same feelings at Mizzou last year during pre-season. We had a dinged up/under performing QB, and we had a national record setting HS QB redshirt in the wings. People were concerned about Franklin winning the competition going into the season.

Everything will work out. It did for us. Have faith brother.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: lefty08 on April 15, 2014, 09:08:01 pm
Atleast I have learned something from this post. Drag Brandon through the mud all you want to, but don't u dare question the back up. lesson learned

What?  Back up from the bottle.  No one drug Brandon through the mud.  The back up is up to CBB.
We don't rent pigs

lefty08

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on April 15, 2014, 09:09:44 pm
Lefty, I understood your post. We went through the same feelings at Mizzou last year during pre-season. We had a dinged up/under performing QB, and we had a national record setting HS QB redshirt in the wings. People were concerned about Franklin winning the competition going into the season.

Everything will work out. It did for us. Have faith brother.

thanks roy, im not worried about it at all. Just have read thread after thread and listened to many talk shows blasting on Brandon, and it occurred to me our real danger lies with the backup. Last year should have taught us that. thanks for understanding though, guess it was difficult for some

lefty08

Quote from: Wayne Watson on April 15, 2014, 09:11:03 pm
What?  Back up from the bottle.  No one drug Brandon through the mud.  The back up is up to CBB.

not referring to this thread.....

MS_HogFan

Lefty
I didn't see anything wrong with your question.  There are hundreds of posts made daily on here that are way more critical than anything you said.
Maybe the answer is that Peavey is special. Maybe A. Allen is way ahead and the coaches just want to push him. I'm not sure.

Quote from: Wayne Watson on April 15, 2014, 08:30:47 pm
Me either.

How can a Mod post this comment basically making fun of the op when there is a comment like this in here.

Quote from: wachhog on April 15, 2014, 08:20:04 pm

This is full of name calling and totally unwarranted.
SOOIE

lefty08

Quote from: MS_HogFan on April 15, 2014, 09:20:43 pm
Lefty
I didn't see anything wrong with your question.  There are hundreds of posts made daily on here that are way more critical than anything you said.
Maybe the answer is that Peavey is special. Maybe A. Allen is way ahead and the coaches just want to push him. I'm not sure.

How can a Mod post this comment basically making fun of the op when there is a comment like this in here.

THANK YOU!!!!!  im still wondering what I said that caused this thread to be moved here. I honestly have no idea why the question wasn't a viable one. appreciate the support!!

This is full of name calling and totally unwarranted.

lefty08

THANK YOU MS. HOGFAN!!!!  I have no idea why the thread was moved or how what I said was considered wrong and moved here. thank you for the support!!!!

Lefty, yes, I am a Mizzou fan, but a sports fan too. I live in Arkansas and have many real world friends on Hogville. I saw nothing wrong in what you were asking.

lefty08

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on April 15, 2014, 09:30:06 pm
Lefty, yes, I am a Mizzou fan, but a sports fan too. I live in Arkansas and have many real world friends on Hogville. I saw nothing wrong in what you were asking.

my best friend roots for texas, I don't discriminate due to bad choices. haha. glad youre here and thanks for the support. guess I rubbed a mod the wrong way

PorkSoda

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on April 15, 2014, 09:30:06 pm
except that it was deliberately stirring the pot and adds no real value...coincidentally like 90% of the post on hogville.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

lefty08

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 15, 2014, 09:37:05 pm
except that it was deliberately stirring the pot and adds no real value...coincidentally like 90% of the post on hogville.

stirring the pot wasn't the intention. it was a legitimate question. look at the top 3 or 4 threads on MMQ and tell me where its different. that's right, it isn't different.

PorkSoda

Quote from: lefty08 on April 15, 2014, 07:53:20 pm

these two comments make you sound like a tool. 

I'm sure you can word your opinion better if your post isn't a lame to stir the pot
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

It sounds like a fan in the off season, wanting to discuss football.

lefty08

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 15, 2014, 09:43:20 pm
these two comments make you sound like a tool. 

I'm sure you can word your opinion better if your post isn't a lame to stir the pot

says the guy attacking a woman on another thread. good one

PorkSoda

Quote from: lefty08 on April 15, 2014, 09:48:16 pm

says the guy attacking a woman on another thread. good one
? I think you have me mistaken for someone else.

PorkSoda

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on April 15, 2014, 09:47:51 pm
It sounds like a fan in the off season, wanting to discuss football.
If that was the case, he would have asked legitimate football questions.

so my question about file 13 got bounced, and didn't even make file 13? lol

PorkSoda

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on April 15, 2014, 09:57:48 pm
so my question about file 13 got bounced, and didn't even make file 13? lol
did you expect anything different?  complaining about moderation on this board gets trashed.  it was a matter of time.  not trying to be an azz, just giving you a heads up on how things work on this board.

My intent wasn't to complain as much as understand the rules. I have seen very vitriol comments/threads towards Hog players/coaches, and they were allowed to stay. I didn't think Lefty's question was "edit" worthy. Mine either, actually.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on April 15, 2014, 10:05:24 pm
My intent wasn't to complain as much as understand the rules. I have seen very vitriol comments/threads towards Hog players/coaches, and they were allowed to stay. I didn't think Lefty's question was "edit" worthy. Mine either, actually.

I think the reason this thread got sent here is because of the way it turned into a bunch of name calling. Not because of the original question.
The reason yours got deleted is because some Mods feel like they are to important to explain themselves. Easier to just delete it.

There is no rhyme or reason for deleting threads or posts. I have seen stuff that is totally uncalled for on here and it's ok. I have seen things that were just worded incorrectly and the guy get bashed by everyone on here.

SOOIE

Hogpkins

I agree that no one can start a decent conversation on this board without a few yahoos jumping in and trashing it.  To answer the OP, no I'm not real concerned that a RS FR has not decisively beat out a true FR for the backup job in spring practice.  That is the least of my concerns.

goodguytex

It's still early in the process. We will know who the back up Qb is to start the season when the last roster is released before the auburn game.

PorkSoda

Quote from: goodguytex on April 15, 2014, 11:33:18 pm
It's still early in the process. We will know who the back up Qb is to start the season when the last roster is released before the auburn game.
and hopefully they don't see the field except in mop up duty.

goodguytex

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 16, 2014, 01:24:51 pm
and hopefully they don't see the field except in mop up duty.
Yup.